• Please log in to reply
627 replies to this topic

Sqn Ldr B #1 Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

POPULAR

Packages and explanations for all new tanks are on pages 1 through 31

As you'll all probably know, I'm a huge fan of British tanks. My only problem with them is the lack of tanks. Compared to other trees, especially the Germans and Russians, there are very few tanks. I made up a tech tree that incorporates a few new ideas.

Improved British Tech Tree

Ok, so here's what the tanks themselves are:

Tetrarch Tier III Light Tank

Essentially the same as the coveted Russian Tier 2 beasty. To stop all the butthurt from people who'll claim their tank is no longer unique, its a tier 3, where it will have upgrades to its armament including the 2 Pdr and the 2 Pdr with Littlejohn adapter as seen on the Matilda. It could be further balanced by maybe seeing tier 5 as a scout. There would also be a 3 Inch Howitzer CS version.

Spoiler

Harry Hopkins Tier IV Light Tank

As a tier 4 light, this will be just a bigger Tetrarch really. The tank isn't spectacularly fast, top speed is only 48 km/h. The gun is the 2 Pdr, but again the Littlejohn should be added to keep it viable. The Harry Hopkins was never successful. Most of the tanks were handed over to the RAF, and a few were turned into Alectos, which were never used either. As with the Tetrarch there'd be a 3'' CS version.

Spoiler

FV4401 Contentious Tier VIII Tank Destroyer

The Contentious was an idea first suggested by Joco, and is essentially a Comet chassis with an autoloading 20 Pdr in a completely open topped configuration. This looks like a very fun tank. On most of the occasions it is suggested as a tier 8 premium, but here I've put it as a tier 8 TD branching off from the Comet, and going on to the Conway, as a link between the TD and medium lines.

Spoiler

Next we have the complete British Lend Lease and Second TD line, which exists on the PC and is pretty much self explanatory.

Now the interesting bit:

A7 Medium Tank Tier II Medium Tank

This was a design for a medium tank of which only 3 were produced. The hull is similar in design to the Matilda II, and the turret is similar to the Cruiser series' turrets. Guns can be a range of 2 and 3 Pdrs, and possibly the 15mm BESA as on the Cruiser series. Armour isn't spectacular at 14mm. Oddly enough this tank has been leaked on the PC, when a supertest icon was accidentally shown, although the finalised tier and class remains unknown it is expected to be a light or medium.

Spoiler

Vickers A1E1 Independent Tier III Heavy Tank

This was a design from Vickers for a tank incorporating a multi turreted design, having a a main turret with 3 Pdr gun and four smaller turrets with .303 machine guns. The Soviet T-28 was very closely based on it. The in game version could have the 2 Pdr as an upgrade/alternative option. The in game version I propose would be the first tier 3 heavy. It carries a maximum of 28mm of armour.

Spoiler

Infantry Tank A20 Tier IV Heavy

This interesting beast is a precursor to the Churchill tanks, which can be seen in the hull design. Armament was a 2 Pdr in a Matilda style turret, and the hull design was essentially a Churchill. As far as I know it was actually bigger than the Churchills. The Littlejohn adapter could be an upgrade option here. Armaments in the hull were considered, including the 6 Pdr, 3'' Howitzer or French 75mm gun. I don't much about the armour but I do know there was 60mm on the turret front.

Spoiler

The above three tanks are intended to branch off from the Medium I, and then rejoin the main line at the Churchill I. A possibility for further development could be the additions of the TOG I and TOG II, but info around them is a bit hazy.

That's it for now, updated trees may follow. Thoughts anyone?

Edited by Sqn Ldr B, 03 May 2016 - 08:25 PM.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

DrHorrible4Life #2 Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13053 battles
British tanks remind me of orange popsicles.  They are great - as long as all the other flavors have all been eaten.  Freezer full of orange popsicles.

SwissLime #3 Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9731 battles
You are doing Joco's thing :( not cool.... I'm just kidding, I'm always down for new tanks, I'd like to see these added

Please bring WOT Blitz & WOT Companion App to Windows Phone!

Sqn Ldr B #4 Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostSwissLime, on 28 August 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

You are doing Joco's thing :( not cool.... I'm just kidding, I'm always down for new tanks, I'd like to see these added

I've done quite a few in the past actually,

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

DrHorrible4Life #5 Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:39 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13053 battles

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 28 August 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

British tanks remind me of orange popsicles.  They are great - as long as all the other flavors have all been eaten.  Freezer full of orange popsicles.

Forgot to mention I like your ideas.  Especially the one that plays like the Ruskie t28.

Sqn Ldr B #6 Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
It probably won't play like the T-28, it'll be a lot slower. The only link is the Russians pretty much copied its design.

DrHorrible4Life #7 Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13053 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 28 August 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

It probably won't play like the T-28, it'll be a lot slower. The only link is the Russians pretty much copied its design.

oh - well now i hate it.

Sqn Ldr B #8 Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
Actually I don't think its too slow. How does 32 km/h sound?

Derelictus #9 Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13759 battles
  • [VGC]

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 28 August 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Very un-British...

Thank the Queen for the Medium line. And even some of those are uncharacteristically slow... May the Churchill and AT series tanks burn in Hell!

DrHorrible4Life #10 Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13053 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 28 August 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

slow - unless its also 32 in reverse and get a gun that is similar in performance to the 57mm, in which case sign me up!

Crazedtiger77 #11 Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles

It's worth noting that the 3 inch howitzer would be an option for the Tetarch (and Hopkins), probably the most effective weapon for the tank on D-Day as the 2 pounder even with Little-John kind of sucked.

Nice tree suggestions, though the Brits can get a full light tank line (I think Joco covered it at some point). :great:

Crazedtiger77 #12 Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 28 August 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

slow - unless its also 32 in reverse and get a gun that is similar in performance to the 57mm, in which case sign me up!

It could use any of the Medium mk III' s guns (both used a 3 pounder IRL) so a 6 pounder is a possibility.

Edited by Crazedtiger77, 28 August 2015 - 01:18 PM.

DrHorrible4Life #13 Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13053 battles

View PostCrazedtiger77, on 28 August 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

It could use any of the Medium mk III' s guns (both used a 3 pounder IRL) so a 6 pounder is a possibility.

DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS!?!?

Sqn Ldr B #14 Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

A couple more tanks added in:

Spoiler

TOG I Tier IV Heavy

The TOG series is generally a fairly hazy mix of tanks, but from what I can garner from the few pictures of them, the TOG I appears to be a slightly different TOG II* with a Matilda turret and 2 Pdr. The Littlejohn Adapter could be utilised here as well as the 3 inch Howitzer.

Spoiler

TOG II Tier V Heavy Tank

No, not the TOG in game already. That's the TOG II*, this is just the TOG II. As far as I know, the TOG II was the same as the TOG II*, but without the 17 Pdr, and instead had an enormous box turret with what I believe to have been a 77mm AA gun, although I'm not entirely sure what the gun is. One source says the TOG II* is exactly the same as the TOG II but with differences in running gear. If I'm quite honest I have no idea what mark of TOG this is, but I think its the II. Pictures of this tank are in just about every TOG source, but there is never any explanation as to what its a picture of. The WoT wiki says its the early version of the TOG II mounting a 77mm cannon, so I'll go with that, as its the only picture I've seen with a caption. There appears to some kind of article on the TOG on the WOT Russian website but when translated it doesn't make much sense. There also appears to be two styles of gun mantlet. If they are indeed two different gun mountings, then there's a potential upgrade package.

Spoiler

Also, a couple of sources say that there were two other TOGs designed, the TOG II-R, R for Reduced, essentially a shortened TOG, and the TOG-III, of which nothing is known. Does anyone have anything on this?

RuefulCenturion #15 Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24786 battles

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 28 August 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

Weird....I like orange. :amazed:

Sqn Ldr B #16 Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
Any thoughts on the actual tree? Rather than 'popsicles' ice lollies.

Joco3000 #17 Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 27026 battles
  • [JOCO]
You can add a full heavy, TD and light tank line to that lot as well. Heck, even a fourth tier X TD.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Sqn Ldr B #18 Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 28 August 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

You can add a full heavy, TD and light tank line to that lot as well. Heck, even a fourth tier X TD.

I thought I might try my own research rather than pirating your work. :P

ARKLITE #19 Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 468 battles
Hopefully XBO gets the Chieftan like we on PC do. I am really starting to enjoy the XB version of WoT and am hoping it gets the same "stuff".

JatemKaa #20 Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles
There are still a few ACTUAL tanks that were used that could be added as well - How about the Archer Tank Destroyer? The gun faced toward the rear so it could quickly drive away - the Crusader SP artillery in the game already does this so it shouldn't be too hard to add.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users