Proposal for a German Beutepanzer Tree

German Tree Beutepanzer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Sqn Ldr B #1 Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

During the war, the Germans, in their conquest of Europe and their various wars in other places, captured a great number of tanks from most countries they fought. Most of these were pressed into service, either as front line tanks or reserve tanks, but they were all used in one way or another. These tanks were referred to as Beutepanzer (captured tank). People often say how they would like to see some of these as premiums. I decided it could be taken a step further. Since there are so many of them, why not make them into their own branch of the German tech tree? It probably wouldn't go much further than tier 7, and I don't really know what to do with the end tanks. I guess the Pz. M5 could go to the Leopard, the Pz. 748 could go to the Tiger or Panther, and the Pz. IS-2 could go to the Tiger II. Here's a fairly basic idea of it:

Beutepanzer Branch

For those who don't know, each tank was given a designation, and a letter after the number. For these ones here, the letters are as follows: ® Russische (Russian), (e) Englisch (English), (f) Franzoesich (French) and (a) Amerikan (American).

The tanks are:

Pz. Kpfw. 35R 731 (f)- Renault R35

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. FCM 737 (f)-FCM 36

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. 748 (e)-Matilda II

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. 753 ®-KV-1 (with option for 7,5cm KwK L/43 gun).

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. 754 ®-KV-2

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. IS-2 ®-IS-2 (only one captured, no official designation).

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. 740 ®-T-26

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. 743 ®-T-70

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. 746 ®-T-28

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. 747 ®-T-34

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. 748 (a)-M4 Sherman (includes 75mm, 76mm and Firefly variants).

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. 740 (a)-M3 Stuart

Spoiler

Pz. Kpfw. M5 (a)- M5 Stuart

Spoiler

Most vehicles would have all or most of their historical configurations as package options in game.

What's your thoughts on this?

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

Matthew J35U5 #2 Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [GIRLS]
What is the point in putting in a bunch of tanks already in the game, reskinned to use a different camo set? We could just as easily then make a Soviet tank line which is the Pz. III/Pz. IV/Panther/Tiger/Tiger II...

(Though I don't think the Soviets ever used the Tiger II's they captured in combat, just drove them around until they stopped moving, then shot them to pieces. Basically the same idea though)

KeystoneCops, on 14 June 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Sqn Ldr B #3 Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostMatthew J35U5, on 28 August 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

What is the point in putting in a bunch of tanks already in the game, reskinned to use a different camo set? We could just as easily then make a Soviet tank line which is the Pz. III/Pz. IV/Panther/Tiger/Tiger II...

(Though I don't think the Soviets ever used the Tiger II's they captured in combat, just drove them around until they stopped moving, then shot them to pieces. Basically the same idea though)

Sure, we can have a Soviet-Captured German tank line too. The idea is just to have more, and more interesting tanks. We already have some captured French tanks as premiums, so it makes sense to have others. But the problem is, there's too many for them all to be premiums, so why not make them into their own branch?

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Joco3000 #4 Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26902 battles
  • [JOCO]
Eh, I'm not a particularly big fan of captured tanks, particularly when it would be just a clone or a slightly worse clone.

I like unique modifications, however. KV-1 with the Kwk 40, for example, should be added at some point.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Sqn Ldr B #5 Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
Well its more tanks, and what's wrong with more tanks?

Jodmeister #6 Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 19176 battles
  • [BDGR]
More tanks is good generally; but cookie cutter ones are pointless. The Germans did some interesting mash-ups and re-guns with their beutepanzers - these are what we should be looking for.

3 MOEs - Nashorn, M36 Jackson, SU-100, S35CA, Matilda IV, Jagdpanzer IV, Archer, Wolverine, Achilles, T25/2, PzSflIVC

2 MOEs - Type 58, Pzkpfw T25, WT Pz IV, JagdPanther, SU-100Y, Boilermaker, T20, IS-2, T-34-88, Borsig, AMX AC 48, Charioteer, Plaguebringer, T67, SU-85, Churchill GC, StuG3G

Matthew J35U5 #7 Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 28 August 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

Well its more tanks, and what's wrong with more tanks?

Well, its not really more tanks since all of the tanks are already in the game, and development time is a zero sum game, time spent putting tanks into the game that already are in the game, is time better spent doing something else like putting in the American/Soviet/German light tanks, or the British LL/turreted TD line, or the non-autoloading French lines. 

KeystoneCops, on 14 June 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Also tagged with German, Tree, Beutepanzer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users