Low Tier Crew Trainer Ideas

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Sqn Ldr B #1 Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

You may have seen Joco's recent thread with his selection of ideas for crew trainers for the UK, USSR, Japan and China, after I pointed out there was a distinct lack of good, tech tree (non-rare) premiums for crew training for those nations. Here's mine:

China

A lack of a large selection here, but there is one that is viable.

Pz. Kpfw. I. Ausf. A- Tier II

In 1937 the Germans sold about ten of these tanks to Nationalist China, and they saw some service in the Battle of Nanjing against the Japanese.  The armament was the standard 2 7.92mm machine guns. Now, this does sound quite lacking for the game. I propose we just use the 7.92 Mauser on the Pz. I C currently in game. If possible we could have 2 of them side by side using the same principle as the MTLS with its dual guns. Alternatively have only one of the guns functional. We could also have something to make it a bit better than the German Pz. I in the game, maybe a buffed traverse speed, or better view range. Something that must be pointed out is that the emblem on the side of the turret should not be the red and yellow Communist China star on the tanks already in the game, but the blue and white nationalist Kuomintang Chrysanthemum, as seen on the Type 64 light tank at tier 6.

Spoiler

Japan

Vickers Medium C- Tier II Medium

This was a Vickers Medium design based on the Medium Mk. II, built for the Japanese in 1927. The gun is a 6 Pdr, I think the 8 cwt one seen on the Medium Mk. II.

Spoiler

Chi-Ha with 6 Pounder gun- Tier III Medium

Yorkshire 1993 mentioned this in a thread a while back, and Joco provided a picture of the tank in question. I'm not entirely sure which variant of the 6 Pdr it is, but we could use one from the Valentine AT.

Spoiler
M3/M5 Stuart- Tier III/IV Lights respectively
The Japanese captured a mixture of M3 and M5 Stuart tanks from the British at the Battle of Imphal in Burma, during 1944, which were subsequently used to defend the city against the British counter attack. Most were destroyed and a few were re-captured by their former owners. The M5 would probably be the best candidate for a premium, as it would be at tier IV and not clash with the 6 Pdr Chi-Ha. Armament is the standard 37mm.
Spoiler

Britain
As you can probably guess, I've got a whole load of ideas here, (you probably know how much I like British tanks). These are part of my new British tree (http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/103735-new-british-tree-proposal-wg-please-read/).

Fahrgestell Bren- Tier II TD
Following Dunkirk, the Germans captured a large amount of British equipment, among them a bunch of Universal Carriers. There were a few field modifications of the Carriers, mounting the German PaK 36 AT gun. A couple of mounting designs existed. The interesting thing about this is that it could be used as a cross nation, British/German crew trainer.
Spoiler

Matilda mit KwK 38- Tier III TD

The Germans used a few of the Matilda IIs they captured after Dunkirk and in North Africa, and mounted the 5cm KwK 38 gun from their Pz. IIIs on it. The tank appears to have been named 'Oswald' by the Germans. Several pictures exist of the Germans using them in wargames in preparation for Operation Sea Lion. I'm not entirely sure but the entire gun shield may have rotated, giving it a wide gun traverse. Again, could be a dual nation British/German trainer.

Spoiler

Matilda I- Tier II Light

Here we have a heavily armoured tank, mounting only a .50 machine gun. It would be hard to balance, being just a heavily armoured T7 Car, but the armour could be changed to be stout enough to stop most things, but still defeatable in some cases. The tank was unrelated to the Matilda II.

Spoiler

Vickers Light Mk. V with 2 Pdr- Tier II Light

This is essentially a Vickers Light Mk. V with an open topped turret mounting a 2 Pdr, and it was intended as a tank killing variant.

Spoiler

Yeramba- Tier IV SPG

This was an Australian designed and built 25 Pdr SPG, based on the M3 Grant chassis. Whilst it looks like a Sexton, development was unrelated. It entered service in 1950.

Spoiler

Another idea could be the M3 Grant as used by General Montgomery as his command tank. It would be a regular reskinned Grant, with the historically accurate 75mm M2 gun, but with the performance of the M3, in a similar way to the Knight's gun. The tank would be at tier IV, and would have a special permanent skin with Monty's markings, and would come with Bernard Montgomery as commander, just like how the Fury came with Wardaddy as the commander. This is less of a tech tree premium and more of a rare event tank, maybe for the anniversary of El Alamein, but the idea's there. The tank itself currently resides at IWM London.

Spoiler

USSR

T-24- Tier III medium

This is an ugly contraption of a medium tank, mounting a 45mm gun. It was essentially a failure, and it was basically an enlarged T-18 (MS-1).

Spoiler

T-35- Tier IV heavy

This is a multi-turreted heavy tank, with the 76mm KT-28 (stock T-28 gun) as main armament. The tank has existed in PC supertest for a while now, but was never released for some reason, and apparently never will be. Seeing as how the Xbox people like to say how they're a different game to PC, I see no reason why we shouldn't have it.

Spoiler

Thoughts anyone?

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

PirateTanker #2 Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 43165 battles
  • [A7CAV]
Cool list o' trainers!

Crazedtiger77 #3 Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles
Great suggestions, particularly the Japanese! :)

Sqn Ldr B #4 Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostCrazedtiger77, on 06 September 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Great suggestions, particularly the Japanese! :)

The Japanese are the ones who need a premium the most. Do they even have one at all?

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Crazedtiger77 #5 Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 06 September 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

The Japanese are the ones who need a premium the most. Do they even have one at all?

Not at low tiers, they've got the STA-2 (PC), Heavy Tank Number VI (PC) and the Chu Nu Kai on higher tiers. There is only really the tier 2 Te-Ke, which is a reward tank. They could also add the Type 92 tankette at tier 2, although I don't think such low tier tanks are a priority.

squidkilla1179 #6 Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11541 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 06 September 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Chi Nu Kai.

Guffenstein #7 Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23952 battles
Nice work. Thanks for the post.

leova #8 Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11380 battles
  • [47R]
great thread!

Sqn Ldr B #9 Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View Postsquidkilla1179, on 06 September 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

Chi Nu Kai.

How did I forget that? :facepalm:

View PostGuffenstein, on 06 September 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

Nice work. Thanks for the post.

Thanks, no problem. 

View Postleova, on 06 September 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

great thread!

Thanks!

(By the way, do have a look at my thread on a new British tree and share your thoughts, the link is in my sig). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users