A couple of aesthetic suggestions...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Sqn Ldr B #1 Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

There's a couple of things I've noticed with tanks' aesthetics that I'd like to suggest changing:

The first is on the T7 Combat Car. The emblems on the turret sides are tiny, I'd just like them to be bigger, especially since I have the first anniversary emblem on one side of the turret, and its quite hard to see.

The second is on the Chinese tanks. This is more of a historical matter. The Renault NC-31, Vickers E, Chi-Ha, and M5A1 were all used by Nationalist China. The emblems on all the Chinese tanks are the red and yellow star of Communist China. If these tanks are all Nationalist tanks, they ought to have the Kuomintang Chrysanthemum as their emblem. This emblem is seen on the Type 64 in game, so I know its not a political issue. The Chi-Ha was also used by the Communists, so the star could stay on that, but the NC-31, Vickers and Stuart ought to have the Chrysanthemum as their emblem, like this:

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

Crescere Scithe #2 Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7650 battles
  • [REA]
It seems weird they would put it only on the Type 64 and not on the other tanks you listed. I don't know anything about the subject, but if it's already been implemented and your history is correct, then I don't see why not? It'd make the Chinese tank emblems look a bit less like Soviet emblems -- at least for some of them.

I own a T7 car. While I don't really play it, I never noticed if it was tiny or not. Probably for the reason that I don't play it :P

If it's that tiny, I think it's fair to make it larger. I do know that on some tanks the emblem size really is an issue. I've owned some of them!

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Check out my complete Polish Tank Tree proposal below!

[x]

leova #3 Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11380 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 07 September 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

There's a couple of things I've noticed with tanks' aesthetics that I'd like to suggest changing:

The first is on the T7 Combat Car. The emblems on the turret sides are tiny, I'd just like them to be bigger, especially since I have the first anniversary emblem on one side of the turret, and its quite hard to see.

The second is on the Chinese tanks. This is more of a historical matter. The Renault NC-31, Vickers E, Chi-Ha, and M5A1 were all used by Nationalist China. The emblems on all the Chinese tanks are the red and yellow star of Communist China. If these tanks are all Nationalist tanks, they ought to have the Kuomintang Chrysanthemum as their emblem. This emblem is seen on the Type 64 in game, so I know its not a political issue. The Chi-Ha was also used by the Communists, so the star could stay on that, but the NC-31, Vickers and Stuart ought to have the Chrysanthemum as their emblem, like this:

agreed on both counts :)

Chamorai #4 Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17904 battles
Another miniature marking: the MoE on Leopard 1. It is proportionately sized on the nearly identical gun on the Leopard PT A, but it shrinks to near invisibility on the Leopard 1. I'm sure there are others that have a similar problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users