Stronkhold and/or Clan Wars on Xbox?

clan play game modes stronghold clan games world domination clan wars global map

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you in favor of more clan based gameplay (like Stronghold, Clan Wars) (123 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are you in favor of actual ingame clans?

1. Yes, if I could I would make a time machine to travel back in time and tell WG to implement clans a year ago (97 votes [78.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.86%

2. No, if I could I would make a time machine to travel back in time and shoot everybody trying to get WG to implement clans into the game (26 votes [21.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.14%

Are you in favor of the Stronghold game mode?

1. Yes, Stronkhold good! Stronk tanks, Stronk players, Stronk rewards and Stronk holds! (100 votes [81.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.30%

2. No, Stronghold does not appeal to me in any way or manner (23 votes [18.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.70%

Are you in favor of Clan Wars?

1. Yes, I have been in a clan on the Xbox forums and that is how far clanning goes atm, I WANT MORE (46 votes [37.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.40%

2. Yes, I have not been in a clan yet, because there are no clan game modes, so why clan up? (42 votes [34.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.15%

3. Yes, I am a panzy (7 votes [5.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.69%

4. No, I am not in a clan, I am more of a loner and Clan Wars do not affect me (21 votes [17.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

5. No, I have been in a clan on the Xbox forums and that is enough for me, I actually don't want to do battle with my bretheren (2 votes [1.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.63%

6. No, I am a panzy (5 votes [4.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.07%

How do you like my poll

1. You suck (41 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. I suck (3 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

3. We both suck (36 votes [29.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.27%

4. Suck the world (43 votes [34.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.96%

Vote Hide poll

DonNarko #41 Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

DONNY DEGENERATE, PREFECT OF PUSS, RAVAGER OF RUGGS, CARPET BOMBER, MAJESTIC MAESTERO OF MUFF MINING, BEAVER wHISPERER, BASHER OF BOX, SCOLAR OF SPLOOSH, SLIT LORD, BIG BAD BULLY-O-BUSH, TURT EL WAXER, SUMMONER OF SQUIRT,  VIDI VAJAY-JAY, VICI VAJAY-JAY, VENI INTRINSECUS VAJAY-JAY, DISPENSER OF DURP, DISCIPLE OF SCRUB

NO SCIENCE IS IMMUNE TO THE INFECTION POLITICS AND THE CORRUPTION OF POWER JACOB BROWNOSWKI

CORRUPTION, THE GREATEST SINGLE BANE OF OUR SOCIETY TODAY - OLUSGUN OBASANJO

ONE DOES NOT FIGHT CORRUPTION BY FIGHTING CORRUPTION - DANIEL KAUFMANN

Beady54 #42 Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5741 battles
  • [CRY]
It's a feature I would like to see too.

It can only improve the game as far as I can see :)

DonNarko #43 Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

I`m gonna run this thread a couple of more days, but an update as to who voted what up till now:

Out of the 72 ppl that voted 58 are in favor of implementation of clans in WoT (80,5%) 14 disagree (19,5%)

Out of the 72 ppl that voted 61 are in favor of implementation of the Stronghold game mode (84,7%) 11 disagree (15,3%)

Out of the 72 ppl that voted 58 are in favor of implementation of the Clan Wars game mode (80,5%) 14 disagree (19,5%)

Out of the 72 ppl that voted 24 said I suck (33,3%) 2 said they suck (2,8%) 23 said we both suck (31,9%) and 23 said suck the world (31,9%)

So it's becoming ever more obvious that an incredible majority of the tankers on this forum (80%+) would like to see more clan play game features, in particular Stronghold (85%) and Clan Wars (81%). 

Furthermore the general perception is that I suck (33%) a lot more then you do (3%), although you obviously also think we do both suck (32%) and the world needs a proper sucking (32%).

DONNY DEGENERATE, PREFECT OF PUSS, RAVAGER OF RUGGS, CARPET BOMBER, MAJESTIC MAESTERO OF MUFF MINING, BEAVER wHISPERER, BASHER OF BOX, SCOLAR OF SPLOOSH, SLIT LORD, BIG BAD BULLY-O-BUSH, TURT EL WAXER, SUMMONER OF SQUIRT,  VIDI VAJAY-JAY, VICI VAJAY-JAY, VENI INTRINSECUS VAJAY-JAY, DISPENSER OF DURP, DISCIPLE OF SCRUB

NO SCIENCE IS IMMUNE TO THE INFECTION POLITICS AND THE CORRUPTION OF POWER JACOB BROWNOSWKI

DonNarko #44 Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostBeady54, on 15 September 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

It's a feature I would like to see too.

It can only improve the game as far as I can see :)

it`d have to whole heartedly agree with you Beady54

TocFanKe4 #45 Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21080 battles
  • [GIRLS]
It feels like it's already too late. A bunch of experienced forumers have already jumped ship. They came back for a while during the Xbox one launch, but cleared out again. A lot off the names I remember when I joined the forum back in July '14 are gone.

Makes me wonder if I'm just 6 months behind them in getting burned out and quitting because I started in March of '14 instead of beta.

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

Its Irish x #46 Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9984 battles
  • [TACO]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 15 September 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

It feels like it's already too late. A bunch of experienced forumers have already jumped ship. They came back for a while during the Xbox one launch, but cleared out again. A lot off the names I remember when I joined the forum back in July '14 are gone.

Makes me wonder if I'm just 6 months behind them in getting burned out and quitting because I started in March of '14 instead of beta.

I can't speak for anyone else but I think it might be. If they announced clan wars tomorrow it probably wouldn't get me back. I'm involved with new games and learning/mastering new types of gameplay. However I can't leave these forums yet =p. 

DonNarko #47 Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 15 September 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostIrishSaint0125, on 15 September 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I think it might be. If they announced clan wars tomorrow it probably wouldn't get me back. I'm involved with new games and learning/mastering new types of gameplay. However I can't leave these forums yet =p. 

Yeah I see where you guys are coming from. but tbh I started february `14 and had a bit of a break from september `14 till about may `15 (Destiny on the Xbox One). Got back into it on the 360 and moved up to the One @ launch. I`m far from done with this game, but I think it depends on everyone's personal "I can take no more of this s**t"-treshhold.

WG seems to be under the percepetion that the grind will keep players around longer. But it's not the grind that counts, it's the in-battle gameplay that counts. Part of this in-battle gameplay is what type of game mode you get to play and I personally think inclusion of clan based game modes will extend the games lifecycle. Let's be honest if you got a lot of buddies, still playing the game, chances are you are going to get pulled back in.

Furthermore it would also pave the way for e-sports WoT on the consoles..

Its Irish x #48 Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:24 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9984 battles
  • [TACO]

View PostDonNarko, on 15 September 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

Yeah I see where you guys are coming from. but tbh I started february `14 and had a bit of a break from september `14 till about may `15 (Destiny on the Xbox One). Got back into it on the 360 and moved up to the One @ launch. I`m far from done with this game, but I think it depends on everyone's personal "I can take no more of this s**t"-treshhold.

WG seems to be under the percepetion that the grind will keep players around longer. But it's not the grind that counts, it's the in-battle gameplay that counts. Part of this in-battle gameplay is what type of game mode you get to play and I personally think inclusion of clan based game modes will extend the games lifecycle. Let's be honest if you got a lot of buddies, still playing the game, chances are you are going to get pulled back in.

I have a whole group of friends that still. Play some went onto new games with me some of them hung around. I miss them, but it's just not as fun anymore. A couple weeks ago I got on for a game or two and immediately shut it back down. It happens I guess and by no means am I telling anyone to stop playing. It's a good game. It just could have been better. I was/am? A supertester and just about all of my suggestions were unpopular or went to deaf ears. Surprising most of the player base does want more tanks, maps and reskins. No one was interested in adding proper game play mechanics or game modes. 

DonNarko #49 Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostIrishSaint0125, on 15 September 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

I have a whole group of friends that still. Play some went onto new games with me some of them hung around. I miss them, but it's just not as fun anymore. A couple weeks ago I got on for a game or two and immediately shut it back down. It happens I guess and by no means am I telling anyone to stop playing. It's a good game. It just could have been better. I was/am? A supertester and just about all of my suggestions were unpopular or went to deaf ears. Surprising most of the player base does want more tanks, maps and reskins. No one was interested in adding proper game play mechanics or game modes. 

Yeah that's pretty wank, although don't get me wrong, I appriciate a good full selection of tanks to choose from, but it makes no sense if you are only limited to these 3 game modes. Nor does it line up with the whole forum clanning, which now amounts to very little and absolutly nothing in the game. Furthermore they are closing in on the tankroster that the PC version is using and perhaps in the near future they could dedicate some devs in actually adding gameplay value to the game..

We see eye to eye you and me, except for the fact I`m still hooked on WoT.

KuroFelidae #50 Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9819 battles
  • [CRY]

I will say this, from a clan leader point of view I'd prefer to have actual clan support from WG including in-game stuff to organise clans before clanwars. Because right now apart from the forums here and any external websites we may use it's rubbish. And with clans not being reflected in the game whatsoever it just takes a massive effort to get anything done especially when you have a fair chunk of members. Nobody wants to sit there sending messages on xbox live to people who may on may not even be on the same console as you to just organise simple things like training rooms when it should be all easily done from within the game client itself like you can on PC. Without that kind of in-game support and organisation clanwars or strongholds would be pretty useless.

Apart from a few crumby competitions which isn't what most of us have ever asked for WG really have done nothing for any of the clans.

We've heard from LadyObscura before that she feels terrible that clans feel as though they've been ignored, and if that's a genuine statement (which I beleive it is) then it's not even just affecting the players but affecting the staff at WG who are supposed to communicate with us about the game and forward feedback to the devs. So it's not only frustrating for the player base but frustrating for the WG staff here on the forums.

R6tP6te.gif

The No.1 worst unicum player on World of Tanks.

Black Duke 008 #51 Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25290 battles

View PostDonNarko, on 15 September 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

you should change clans to XGN... they cry about this clan war crap... 24/7... :arta:  :teethhappy:

I would prefer WG get all the maps coded up for HD and keep the game running smoothly (no freezing)...

Plus whenever WG start adding more new tanks and completing the tech trees. Soon?... lol

WG are working quickly to retain the new population from Xbox One release and the wider WoT community...

The way to keep the masses here... maps + new tanks = :child:

I think you forget how much this game has changed since the beta... WG are doing a gold medal winning job... :medal:   

They have done so much work, events and community support... that it is now better then alot of AAA titles...for what... is a free game!!

If you NEED clan wars, go PC for now... you can always return to Xbox, whenever it is announcedand Xbox e=sports, not a WG priority... :facepalm:  :teethhappy:

Join the Bunker = Safe Place

http://thebunker.fre...fe-space?page=1             

Its Irish x #52 Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9984 battles
  • [TACO]

View PostBlack Duke 008, on 15 September 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

you should change clans to XGN... they cry about this clan war crap... 24/7... :arta:  :teethhappy:

I would prefer WG get all the maps coded up for HD and keep the game running smoothly (no freezing)...

Plus whenever WG start adding more new tanks and completing the tech trees. Soon?... lol

WG are working quickly to retain the new population from Xbox One release and the wider WoT community...

I think you forget how much this game has changed since the beta... WG are doing a gold medal winning job... :medal:   

They have done so much work, events and community support... that it is now better then alot of AAA titles...for what... is a free game!!

If you NEED clan wars, go PC for now... you can always return to Xbox, whenever it is announcedand Xbox e=sports, not a WG priority... :facepalm:  :teethhappy:

See this is what I'm always up against. I don't understand. Does it hurt you if I have a game mode for my friends and I to do what real gamers do and compete with other real gamers? What joy could more tanks and maps possibly bring you? How many times and you fire up that tank and go to the same place and shoot at the same other tanks. I don't want to speculate but I'm also to lazy to look up your stats and I'm not going to put you out specifically but I don't get how average players can play the same repetitive game all day long.  At least I know when I go into battle it's probably going to be a win. But people with around or less then a 50% W/R what the hell do you do it for? The fact that I could [edited]with friends and still win the majority of my games made hanging on for as long as I did worth it, but to the average players I have to ask, why! 

Black Duke 008 #53 Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25290 battles

View PostIrishSaint0125, on 15 September 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

See this is what I'm always up against. I don't understand. Does it hurt you if I have a game mode for my friends and I to do what real gamers do and compete with other real gamers? What joy could more tanks and maps possibly bring you? How many times and you fire up that tank and go to the same place and shoot at the same other tanks. I don't want to speculate but I'm also to lazy to look up your stats and I'm not going to put you out specifically but I don't get how average players can play the same repetitive game all day long.  At least I know when I go into battle it's probably going to be a win. But people with around or less then a 50% W/R what the hell do you do it for? The fact that I could [edited]with friends and still win the majority of my games made hanging on for as long as I did worth it, but to the average players I have to ask, why! 

stats... are that important in your life? :ohmy:  you are only as good, as the game your in...

plus I have seen so-called  "greats" and clans players fail... and hard!

stats mean nothing at the end of the day... unless you put them in your CV/resume??... :P  

If WoT servers got turned off tomorrow...then what? :amazed:

I was in the top ten in Bad Company 2 till WoT came out... I took it seriously... :B  

Yet when I saw how people can boost and hack... all my time/effort = ZERO!

I now let anyone use my profile for a game... and only play for fun!!!...  

If you can't do that?... then I think you might as well give up... :bajan:

There are bigger problems in the world... :facepalm:

Edited by Black Duke 008, 15 September 2015 - 04:02 PM.

Its Irish x #54 Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:13 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9984 battles
  • [TACO]

View PostBlack Duke 008, on 15 September 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

stats... are that important in your life? :ohmy:  you are only as good, as the game your in...

plus I have seen so-called  "greats" and clans players fail... and hard!

stats mean nothing at the end of the day... unless you put them in your CV/resume??... :P  

If WoT servers got turned off tomorrow...then what? :amazed:

I was in the top ten in Bad Company 2 till WoT came out... I took it seriously... :B  

Yet when I saw how people can boost and hack... all my time/effort = ZERO!

I now let anyone use my profile for a game... and only play for fun!!!...  

If you can't do that?... then I think you might as well give up... :bajan:

There are bigger problems in the world... :facepalm:

I hope you are not talking about hacking this game because that's a whole other story. But what's wrong with trying your best at everything you do? I feel that if you do not want to be a competetive player please don't play a multiplayer game. There are tons of single player games to go screw off in. 

Black Duke 008 #55 Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25290 battles

View PostIrishSaint0125, on 15 September 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

I hope you are not talking about hacking this game because that's a whole other story. But what's wrong with trying your best at everything you do? I feel that if you do not want to be a competetive player please don't play a multiplayer game. There are tons of single player games to go screw off in. 

BUT... I wanna play tanks... :child:...   :teethhappy:   

the random nature of multiplayer will always be more fun then bots...

If you were so worried about stats? what have you been smoking the last month? :coin:

I don't have any platoon friends to save me in games... I usually get the useless randoms that run away...or fail!

Bottom tier in my VK.30.02M... I was in a tier 8 game... I killed 3 red baddies...

Yet the rest of team had only done under 500 damage each... and 1 kill... it was time to turn off!.... anyway :facepalm:

Edited by Black Duke 008, 15 September 2015 - 04:40 PM.

Its Irish x #56 Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9984 battles
  • [TACO]

View PostBlack Duke 008, on 15 September 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

If you were so worried about stats? what have you been smoking the last month? :coin:

I don't have any platoon friends to save me in games... I usually get the useless randoms that run away...or fail!

Bottom tier in my VK.30.02M... I was in a tier 8 game... I killed 3 red baddies...

Yet the rest of team had only done under 500 damage each... and 1 kill... it was time to turn off!.... anyway :facepalm:

I just had to look up my stats because of what you said. I haven't played in two months so I have no idea what that is. Wotinfo being buggy I guess. 

Black Duke 008 #57 Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25290 battles

View PostIrishSaint0125, on 15 September 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

I just had to look up my stats because of what you said. I haven't played in two months so I have no idea what that is. Wotinfo being buggy I guess. 

buggy stats?... enough said... just play for fun... :)   

DonNarko #58 Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostBlack Duke 008, on 15 September 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

Awesome that you like that they are releasing everything in HD, and as I stated before (hence not comprehending your bashing on this particular subject) I even applaude it. And yes they keep the masses docile with these releases, which as I stated is also fine by me, not saying they shouldn't do so. But as to the argument of the limited game modes, you won't go in to an actual argument other then WG's current point of view on the topic. Which I in fact was already aware of, hence this thread. I would rather read what your point of view was on the inclusion of these game modes, I read how you are tomatoed and leader of lemon trains, well clan based gaming should leave you in a better coördinated team, if it on the other hand doesn't bother you and as you stated feel that tanks and maps add more value to your gaming experience I get that too.

I dont think I disputed the progress WG has made with WoT on xbox360 and/or xbox one? Not that I know off, because I am well aware of their progress, also reason for me to voice my opinion and asking other tankers what they would prefer. 

I am glad that you voiced yours and I hope voted in the poll for your personal preference. I`m not out to influence the results of the poll, nor am I trying to pursuede you to support clan gaming. I was merely trying to figure out where the community stands on this point.

View PostBlack Duke 008, on 15 September 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

So perhaps another topic worth exploring is match making. In my personal opinion also pretty useless 6 vs 8 or even 8 vs 10. One tier up is still managable, but two tiers is a stretch. I get that they are doing it to avoid waiting time in the match making, but I am personally willing to wait twice as long if it means we get better matched tiers and teams.

Now you could see this as b*tching and moaning, but I am just trying to figure out if what I am noticing as somewhat disturbing elements in my gaming experience and see how it stacks up to other tankers perceptions. If it proves solid I could start b*tching and moaning, but I`m hoping WG just takes notice of active discussions concerning these topics, so they can take whatever the community thinks about these topics in to account.

On a last note, If you don't like this thread and start about bla bla about XGN or me getting on PC for clan play, it takes away from the point you were trying to make. Besides if it/I aggrivate you so much you don't have to get involved. I`m glad you did, cause you are the first to voice opposing arguments. But no need to give me attitude, cause a lot of ppl might like you running lipp, I just wanna make it swell up

DonNarko #59 Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View Posta flappin cod, on 15 September 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

I will say this, from a clan leader point of view I'd prefer to have actual clan support from WG including in-game stuff to organise clans before clanwars. Because right now apart from the forums here and any external websites we may use it's rubbish. And with clans not being reflected in the game whatsoever it just takes a massive effort to get anything done especially when you have a fair chunk of members. Nobody wants to sit there sending messages on xbox live to people who may on may not even be on the same console as you to just organise simple things like training rooms when it should be all easily done from within the game client itself like you can on PC. Without that kind of in-game support and organisation clanwars or strongholds would be pretty useless.

Apart from a few crumby competitions which isn't what most of us have ever asked for WG really have done nothing for any of the clans.

We've heard from LadyObscura before that she feels terrible that clans feel as though they've been ignored, and if that's a genuine statement (which I beleive it is) then it's not even just affecting the players but affecting the staff at WG who are supposed to communicate with us about the game and forward feedback to the devs. So it's not only frustrating for the player base but frustrating for the WG staff here on the forums.

It's also really good to hear from a clan leaders point of view and I agree that current conditions for clan play are sub par. And if indeed the forum staff has been bringing these topics up for discussion with the devs, it would be nice for them to at least adress the pink elephant in the room.

Gurthy Rooster #60 Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26465 battles
  • [VGC]
I would dig this, but don't see it happening in my lifetime. Good luck to you young bucks out there....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users