70 replies to this topic

DonNarko #61 Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 21 September 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Merde la revolucion!

yes,, I like your well founded arguments

DONNY DEGENERATE, PREFECT OF PUSS, RAVAGER OF RUGGS, CARPET BOMBER, MAJESTIC MAESTERO OF MUFF MINING, BEAVER wHISPERER, BASHER OF BOX, SCOLAR OF SPLOOSH, SLIT LORD, BIG BAD BULLY-O-BUSH, TURT EL WAXER, SUMMONER OF SQUIRT,  VIDI VAJAY-JAY, VICI VAJAY-JAY, VENI INTRINSECUS VAJAY-JAY, DISPENSER OF DURP, DISCIPLE OF SCRUB

NO SCIENCE IS IMMUNE TO THE INFECTION POLITICS AND THE CORRUPTION OF POWER JACOB BROWNOSWKI

CORRUPTION, THE GREATEST SINGLE BANE OF OUR SOCIETY TODAY - OLUSGUN OBASANJO

ONE DOES NOT FIGHT CORRUPTION BY FIGHTING CORRUPTION - DANIEL KAUFMANN

JoeDaFrogman #62 Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostDonNarko, on 20 September 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

Get the difference between respondents and total population, basic statistics

And good you worked 20+ years in.. something vague which you then relate to your knowledge of software development.  

How exactly does 10+ years of actually programming software as my primary job(not to mention a few years prior of using it in my support job as well as a few years working on some open source software projects as a hobby) turn into something vaguely related to knowledge of software development.  

So... to be clear.... I will quickly list my qualifications:

I work on backend data integration systems.   Originally, integrating data from my companies HR software to various Job boards around the world.   Functionally, at that time I was translating information from our data source objects into multiple third party job board sites such as Monster.com, Dice, HeadHunters.net, Seek, Indeed, etc, using (mostly) either SOAP or XML over HTTP webservices(with a small bit of FTP batch file transfer thrown in).   

I then began working (and have worked for the past 8 years) integrating our products to various Background Check, Drug Screening, and Assessment vendors as well as client HRIS systems.   Again, these are mostly using SOAP and XML over HTTP data transfer protocols.  

In addition, I have written multiple tools to speed repetitive and common tasks(because I am frankly lazy and HATE doing the same thing manually many times in a row).  

There... now you know exactly what I do and hopefully you can agree that this is not vaguely related to software development, but is in fact software development.  

So you were giving me sh*t about work? "I don't know what you do, if anything" and top it off with "Hell... go play 2000 game in a tier VII scout tank and then come back and complain" So first it's bad to not have a job, but then it would be impossible to do the 2000 scout games whilst having a job. #getyourstorystraightson

Based upon your second sentence(or so), you have a computer degree, therefore you must be at the very least in your mid 20s or so right?    Let me ask you this question:

Are you smarter, wiser, more experienced than you were when you were 15?    Can you look back on things you had opinions on at the age of 15(be it political, social, or whatever) and say "man, I was really naive and stupid?"      Perhaps you are just one of those rare people who seem to be wise beyond their years, but I know most people seem understand that concept.   This was the point I was trying to get across when asking about your job or lack thereof... Would you not agree that someone who has never worked at all due(never paid rent, never had other bills to pay, etc) to being very young has no real concept of how the world works?  Likewise, why would a person give more trust to a plumber about how software works vs a developer(for example) when both are giving an opinion?    Likewise, on the other side, if someone has always been their own boss(say a farmer for example) their entire life, would they have a real context from which to draw to understand corporate culture?  

It's about perspective, wisdom, and experience.    Frankly, perhaps I am just jaded and a pessimist.  

Reasoning that the PC version of Clan Wars is still not done developing, hence the Xbox implementation would take at least a year is supported by very little more then your ball park estimate. There have been waaaay bigger codes layed down within a year then implementation of clan wars for instance and if WG would want it to, they could. It's like mentioned before a choice of the developer. 

Can we go back to my experience in the software industry as well as 2 decades of working in a corporate environment.    Why I say at least a year and feel somewhat confident in that comes from several clues provided.  First and foremost, as a developer, I have a sense of scales.  It's something i have to do every other week in my job.  We have a list of priorities and part of my job(as is the job of other developers on my team) is to provide quite estimates of sizes of projects(ie, tiny, small, medium, large, extra large, OMG Never gonna happen, etc).    

Now, given this, WG has said that changing from packages to modules would not happen as that would mean 6+ months of no new features at all and that was not something they were willing to do.    Again, utilizing my experience in software development field, I have a rough understanding of level of effort to implement Clan Wars(ignoring the fact that I "BELIEVE" i heard on a livestream many months ago a developer from WG saying in effect "it's huge and even when i comes it won't be like CW on the PC as that's functionally impossible").    So if we size packages -> modules as a large effort and that takes 6 months as per their own words, I can't see CW as anything even close to the same or smaller and very likely double or triple the size.  

What I don't know(and neither do you) is "have they doubled or tripled their development staff?   I would rather likely say no, but who knows.  

Hence my advocacy of this game mode for the console, which you apperently are having the hardest of times with. Hypocritically enough you do want me to do the same where it comes down to an issue within Microsofts' domain.

I think might(and correct me if I am wrong) my stance that being a realist vs not wanting something or openly hostile to an idea.   It's pretty sad I can't figure out a way to convey this across a forum the first time as opposed to having to repeatedly expressing this.

I don't know what you mean about being hypocritical.  Your rallying cry for somethings is appropriately placed... your rallying cry for other things is not.   Functionally, while I agree that you should continue to ask WG for 360/One cross play support, it's really not ultimately in their boat to fix and that responsibility relies with MS.   I have no doubt that WG is trying everything in it's power, but in my expert opinion(again, being a developer and years of being part of the corporate culture), MS is the primary hold up.  Frankly, I blame them for not having the foresight(or perhaps being overly ambitious in thinking the One would just turn into a super star seller) to provide better integration between the two(which they are slowly working on).

Your matchmaking mathmatics don't seem to add up neither. If you have 3 tiers that match up for instance and it takes 20 sec. to form a match, then matchmaking with 2 tiers under similar conditions would take 10 sec. more, seeing you`re losing 33% of the potential population hence increasing the time for matchmaking with 50% = 30 sec. in said example under equal distribution of tanks per tier (so 5V5 argument still applicable?). In effect it could take up some time, maybe 2-3 min. when the server population gets lower and perhaps longer when the servers get on lowest points of the day. But just throwing out 5 min. as a number just like that, based on nothing, but your "20+ years of experience" is not going to fly. Part in the explanation as to why 1 tier matchmaking is less likely to happen, because it leaves less incentive for ppl to buy premium, premium tanks, premium shells etc. etc.

I rarely play West server...  However, when I do, even prime time(for me(around 8-10PM EST), it is not unusual at all to have match making take 2+ minutes.    Does that mean I am right and you are wrong?  No...  But would you be willing to accept 4-5 minute MM?   Personally, I know I won't.... those times when MM is slow on a server, we switch servers.     You also don't take into account ways to fix scout MM(granted, i guess you could just make this not a thing) or the fact that scouts and arty get special MM rules.    At less peak loads, those two classes wound be even further handicapped by low server population due to having to attempt to get roughly equal numbers on both sides before filling with other tank classes.  

Add to that the fact that in 5 years on the PC they have far larger numbers and yet have not reduced MM past the 2 up/down paradigm.    Then add to that the fact that on the PC, they are removing all of the existing premium tanks with preferential MM and new premium tanks get normal MM...

All of those things combine gives me a general sense that MM is not going to change for us.   Could I be wrong, of course.... I just don't think I will.  

Tiny amount off ppl gaining gold from clan wars, you were on about sherrif op, how many ppl got a reward from that? tomáto, tomàto?

I was answering your question about earning gold in the game.  My response was appropriately correct and valid.   On the other hand.... I just don't really feel entitled to "earn" gold in the game.   This is not to say I am against it, just that it happening does not matter to me one way or another.    With that said, I HATED the Sheriff events due to the level of stupidity for people striving to earn a tiny amount of gold and how it caused very bad play and frankly, hope to never see such an event ever again at least not in the form it was presented.

Now you seem to assume I am not having fun, and having trouble with winning games and related issues, because I`m bringing points up for discussion. I play lights, mediums, heavies and TDs a-like and thrive at times, the reason I`m advocating these points, is because there is a general consensus concerning these points amongst many of the tankers I roll with, not all, not pretending to speak on behalf of anyone but myself, but just saying. "As I learn to play better", and all sorts of words of your supposive wisdom to express your superiority? (asking cause I`m not really feeling it), but you don't have to waste your wisdom on my obvious degenerate brain, we will never see eye to eye.

I don't know how to answer this.    Again, many people on the forum seem to take a "here are legal or technical reasons why what you want are not going to happen or at least not anytime soon" response as meaning "I hate you and your ideas are stupid".     That is not the case here.   Would I like: 

Clan Wars: yes, I would

Ways to earn Gold in Game?  umm sure... why not as long as it does not negatively affect gameplay(ie, hidden ops perhaps????)

Modules:   sure, but I also recognize that it's been asked perhaps 2000 times and the answer is always never going to happen.    you kind of get tired of asking at some point.

E-Sports: absolutely and i said as much.  I would really want 7/54 and frankly based upon level of effort as well as several other factors, I think this is the quickest Clan competitive game mode possible.

I just question some of your ways of presenting some of this.   For example, your first four items all are a part of Clan Wars, so why did you specifically break them down(or am I missing something?)

Now, on to the end point.  viva la revolucion... how exactly is this revolution going to function?  what is your action plan.  Almost every single point you have brought up has been brought up many times in the past 18 months or so.   And other than a tiny bit of change for the AFK issue, nothing has been done that we have seen(though one could possible say that adding the Xbox One as a supported platform might be seen as progress).    Am I a pessimist?  Or merely a realist?  

Oh.. and while you are at it, might as well as better more comprehensive player training missions.    HELL, I even added a fairly comprehensive story board for one such mission to train players at least part of the spotting mechanic.

View PostDonNarko, on 20 September 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

So what does that leave the gamers as options? well we could all, like JoeDaFrogman suckle on WG's tiet, like there is no tomorrow and blindly follow what ever they decide for us. 

Hmmm not really called for.... and frankly, quite uncool.   But whatever.... so what exactly is your action plan?    I mentioned the 500+ poll for people who wanted clan wars a year and a half ago and it's not here.  What are your concrete steps to get any/some/all of your proposed changes into effect.   Given history as guide, I don't think just forum begging/complaining is going to do it.    Again, I am either a pessimist or a realist depending upon a person's viewpoint.   Tell me exactly how what you are doing is any different or is going to produce a difference result from the other several dozen other people proposing similar demands on WG?

View PostDonNarko, on 21 September 2015 - 02:15 AM, said:

@JoeDaFrogman

you do act like you are a boss, but you got lower hitratio, K/D, damage caused received etc. etc. So actually you are more of a personal assistant then a boss.

Act like it

Maybe Timmy the Tank`s got some useful pointers for you

Lol.... you really are trying to shame my stats?   Other than K/D, our stats are almost identical in many cases:

My Dmg Caused/Received: 1.29

Your Dmg Caused/Received: 1.33

Yours is roughly 3% higher.  

Mine K/D 1.41

Your K/D 1.75

Yep, your's is significantly higher than mine.   you got me on this one.  

My Winrate: 58.15

Your Winrate: 53.82%

Mine blows yours out of the water... on the other hand, I have platooned about 98% of all my matches, including the first few thousand with shall I say average players while I now platoon with mostly excellent players on average.  So, yes, I am definitely being carried to some degree.   However, most of my winrate increased came with a single platoon mate and got up almost to 56% with just the two of us.

My Average Damage per Battle: 1008.95

Your Average Damage per Battle:  924.89

I beat you out by roughly 9%(not exact, just round number in my head)

My Hit Rate: 59.66

Your Hit Rate: 62.41

My WN8: 1651.76

Your WN8: 1574.21

All in all, on paper we are quite equals.   You win some and I win some, but on the whole, I would say every close to the same skill level.... Granted, you MAY have gotten significantly better as a player in over the past 1 or 2 thousand games and your stats are not particularly relective of your current skills.   But the same could be said for me also.  

Even if you were comparing my stats against others than your own, I am still more than content with being in the top 10% of the player base.

DonNarko #63 Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles
In light of the tone of your former msgs, one would presume that your motives are not the most noble, hence my reactions weren't and aren't the most polite.

So as to what you wrote, I`ll reply one final time.

Really frogman, I couldn't care less about your credentials (let me give you an example, Real Madrid and Millwall are both football clubs, but does Millwall know anything about preparing for a CL-match? Performance amongst ppl in the same line of work can differ dramitically and as such how reliable is your estimate, seeing you are estimating this based on your personal experience).or your views on youths or unemployed and their life experience and perception of the world (perceived by you, henced biased from the get go, as was your initial assumption, from as far as I could gather, about my job-status and level of education).

This thread is started for several reasons, first of all for me and the people who want to establish what is in demand for possible development and second to not let the arguments fade that have been previously raised. Lifting off of the throttle won't amount to anything, hence this initiative.  Feel free to add to that discussion and if you feel nothing needs to change, fine by me, but don't clutter up the thread with your can't do attitude and all the statements WG previously made concerning these topics. If they feel like responding, they can find their way to this thread, I am sure they are more then capable of defending their own stance concercing these matters.

Furthermore I take offense in you comparing yourself to me in any way, shape, kind or form. This attempt to reconcilliation and reach a consesus you are trying to construct through this last msg is in vein. As stated before we will never see eye to eye and I`m fine with that. What I don't like is this endless recycling of these arguments with 0% added value to the tread,
Finally, if you are going to "compare" our stats, what you left out to mention is that I was able to acquire those stats in about half the games you totally played + I didn't have to emphasize (statpad) on LT's to get there (cause that too, is where most of the difference in W/L ratio came from).

DONNY DEGENERATE, PREFECT OF PUSS, RAVAGER OF RUGGS, CARPET BOMBER, MAJESTIC MAESTERO OF MUFF MINING, BEAVER wHISPERER, BASHER OF BOX, SCOLAR OF SPLOOSH, SLIT LORD, BIG BAD BULLY-O-BUSH, TURT EL WAXER, SUMMONER OF SQUIRT,  VIDI VAJAY-JAY, VICI VAJAY-JAY, VENI INTRINSECUS VAJAY-JAY, DISPENSER OF DURP, DISCIPLE OF SCRUB

NO SCIENCE IS IMMUNE TO THE INFECTION POLITICS AND THE CORRUPTION OF POWER JACOB BROWNOSWKI

JoeDaFrogman #64 Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostDonNarko, on 22 September 2015 - 01:37 AM, said:

In light of the tone of your former msgs, one would presume that your motives are not the most noble, hence my reactions weren't and aren't the most polite.

Then you read the "tone" incorrectly.  

How about this... I apologize you took offense to my poorly worded attempt to convey my points.   Any perceived attacks on you or your person were completely unintended and not meant as such.  

This thread is started for several reasons, first of all for me and the people who want to establish what is in demand for possible development and second to not let the arguments fade that have been previously raised. Lifting off of the throttle won't amount to anything, hence this initiative. 

That's fine... I just hope you are ok with disappointment.   I know dozens of players who "demanded" Clan Wars well over a year ago and are either extremely bitter about it today or have stopped playing.   I hope I am wrong, but something tells me based upon many factors that i will be right and 1 year from now will still not see Clan Wars anywhere near as what is present on PC.

Furthermore I take offense in you comparing yourself to me in any way, shape, kind or form. This attempt to reconcilliation and reach a consesus you are trying to construct through this last msg is in vein. 

Actually... was not an attempt at reconciliation... you took it all wrong from the start from word one.   I guess I can blame myself for sucking at communication skills... it's not the first time, won't be the last.  With that said, my points are still IMHO valid and should still be viewed on the merits of the points themselves rather than the tone they were conveyed.  At the very least, my points no matter how poorly worded should still not be summarily dismissed as wrong because you don't like the tone they were said in.

What I don't like is this endless recycling of these arguments with 0% added value to the tread,
Finally, if you are going to "compare" our stats, what you left out to mention is that I was able to acquire those stats in about half the games you totally played + I didn't have to emphasize (statpad) on LT's to get there (cause that too, is where most of the difference in W/L ratio came from).

You are the one attacking me here(as well as other places).  As for stats, well... you are correct on one point that it did take me far more games.   However, if your assumption is that I am playing light tanks to stat pad, you are incorrect. I only started playing light tanks a significant portion early this year and while they do pad WN8 fairly well I play them now because I prefer and have always prefered tanks with speed and frankly just gave up on tanks that are extremely slow.    For example, I played the IS-6 from the point I purchased it in mid last year and racked up nearly 400 games on it and it was one of my favorite tanks to play. Then after purchasing the FCM 50 t, I now have double the games and can't really stand to play the IS-6 anymore because it is very sluggish.   So, while padding stats is a benefit of playing light tanks, regardless of your assertion otherwise , that is not THE reason I play light tanks.  

Perhaps I read your very last sentence incorrectly, but it appears you are saying light tanks pad win rate?   I would argue that is not certainly not the case.   The only thing LT's pad is (most certainly)WN8 and PERHAPS Dmg C/R. 

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, if your intent is to get some type of organized game play that can be clan based, I STILL maintain that something like 7/54 is going to be your best line of attack and far more likely the be something you should fight for in the short term.     In terms of resources required to implement, 7/54 would be far more likely to come before Clan Wars by a long shot.

Edited by JoeDaFrogman, 22 September 2015 - 12:28 PM.

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

DonNarko #65 Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 22 September 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

This thread is started for several reasons, first of all for me and the people who want to establish what is in demand for possible development and second to not let the arguments fade that have been previously raised. Lifting off of the throttle won't amount to anything, hence this initiative. 

That's fine... I just hope you are ok with disappointment.   I know dozens of players who "demanded" Clan Wars well over a year ago and are either extremely bitter about it today or have stopped playing.   I hope I am wrong, but something tells me based upon many factors that i will be right and 1 year from now will still not see Clan Wars anywhere near as what is present on PC.

Furthermore I take offense in you comparing yourself to me in any way, shape, kind or form. This attempt to reconcilliation and reach a consesus you are trying to construct through this last msg is in vein. 

Actually... was not an attempt at reconciliation... you took it all wrong from the start from word one.   I guess I can blame myself for sucking at communication skills... it's not the first time, won't be the last.  With that said, my points are still IMHO valid and should still be viewed on the merits of the points themselves rather than the tone they were conveyed.  At the very least, my points no matter how poorly worded should still not be summarily dismissed as wrong because you don't like the tone they were said in.

What I don't like is this endless recycling of these arguments with 0% added value to the tread,

You are the one attacking me here(as well as other places).  As for stats, well... you are correct on one point that it did take me far more games.   However, if your assumption is that I am playing light tanks to stat pad, you are incorrect. I only started playing light tanks a significant portion early this year and while they do pad WN8 fairly well I play them now because I prefer and have always prefered tanks with speed and frankly just gave up on tanks that are extremely slow.    For example, I played the IS-6 from the point I purchased it in mid last year and racked up nearly 400 games on it and it was one of my favorite tanks to play. Then after purchasing the FCM 50 t, I now have double the games and can't really stand to play the IS-6 anymore because it is very sluggish.   So, while padding stats is a benefit of playing light tanks, regardless of your assertion otherwise , that is not THE reason I play light tanks.  

Perhaps I read your very last sentence incorrectly, but it appears you are saying light tanks pad win rate?   I would argue that is not certainly not the case.   The only thing LT's pad is (most certainly)WN8 and PERHAPS Dmg C/R. 

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, if your intent is to get some type of organized game play that can be clan based, I STILL maintain that something like 7/54 is going to be your best line of attack and far more likely the be something you should fight for in the short term.     In terms of resources required to implement, 7/54 would be far more likely to come before Clan Wars by a long shot.

I did not discard your points because of the tone you conveyed them in, I discarded them based on their value. I have heard enough ppl telling me what WG said before. My action is applying pressure in a "vocal" (written word) manner, persistance and support from those who feel that like-wise. If you don't support these efforts or keep telling me what WG told previous lobby-ists you add very little value to the cause.

As for the stats part of the discussion, where it comes down to average damage, you can see that my overall played tier is about half a tier lower and I`m on about half of your total battles played, further explaining your slight lead concerning this particular stat. Furthermore if you look at our stats over the last week (I did 100+ battles, you 27, but average tier is about the same 7.39 for me 7.3 for you), my average damage (and around 350+ up on my average) is clearly up on yours, but understandable if you play more lights. My efficiency, WN7 and WN8 are way up as well. I dominated with exception of 2 stats, your W/L (as explained by your always platoon and get carried theory) and tanks spotted per battle (because you LT a lot more). Now as to whether you play lights and stat padding is a by-product of said strategy or whether you like to stat pad and the LT`s are a tool, doesn't really matter. Why? cause they influence your stats the same, either way around.

I`ll include 7/54 in the list as will I bundle all clan wars related points and that's what I`ll take from your responses

Loki TDD #66 Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12431 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostDonNarko, on 20 September 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Get the difference between respondents and total population, basic statistics

And good you worked 20+ years in.. something vague which you then relate to your knowledge of software development. I studied computer science and have a degree from the free univeristy of Amsterdam in the field of political science. This obviously makes me an expert on the political systems on Mars and the workings of the biggest baddest server Microsoft is running, right?.

Reasoning that the PC version of Clan Wars is still not done developing, hence the Xbox implementation would take at least a year is supported by very little more then your ball park estimate. There have been waaaay bigger codes layed down within a year then implementation of clan wars for instance and if WG would want it to, they could. It's like mentioned before a choice of the developer. Hence my advocacy of this game mode for the console, which you apperently are having the hardest of times with. Hypocritically enough you do want me to do the same where it comes down to an issue within Microsofts' domain.

Your matchmaking mathmatics don't seem to add up neither. If you have 3 tiers that match up for instance and it takes 20 sec. to form a match, then matchmaking with 2 tiers under similar conditions would take 10 sec. more, seeing you`re losing 33% of the potential population hence increasing the time for matchmaking with 50% = 30 sec. in said example under equal distribution of tanks per tier (so 5V5 argument still applicable?). In effect it could take up some time, maybe 2-3 min. when the server population gets lower and perhaps longer when the servers get on lowest points of the day. But just throwing out 5 min. as a number just like that, based on nothing, but your "20+ years of experience" is not going to fly. Part in the explanation as to why 1 tier matchmaking is less likely to happen, because it leaves less incentive for ppl to buy premium, premium tanks, premium shells etc. etc.

Tiny amount off ppl gaining gold from clan wars, you were on about sherrif op, how many ppl got a reward from that? tomáto, tomàto?

So you were giving me sh*t about work? "I don't know what you do, if anything" and top it off with "Hell... go play 2000 game in a tier VII scout tank and then come back and complain" So first it's bad to not have a job, but then it would be impossible to do the 2000 scout games whilst having a job. #getyourstorystraightson

Now you seem to assume I am not having fun, and having trouble with winning games and related issues, because I`m bringing points up for discussion. I play lights, mediums, heavies and TDs a-like and thrive at times, the reason I`m advocating these points, is because there is a general consensus concerning these points amongst many of the tankers I roll with, not all, not pretending to speak on behalf of anyone but myself, but just saying. "As I learn to play better", and all sorts of words of your supposive wisdom to express your superiority? (asking cause I`m not really feeling it), but you don't have to waste your wisdom on my obvious degenerate brain, we will never see eye to eye.

I'm an expert on the politics of mars, everything is dead and barren, the undertaker's union rule

DonNarko #67 Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostLoki TDD, on 22 September 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I'm an expert on the politics of mars, everything is dead and barren, the undertaker's union rule

I as fellow expert, concurr

Rhythm n Buze #68 Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4542 battles

What about the ability to earn or win back some of the gold you spend in WoT?

Maybe start at 5% for completing certain tasks or something. The more you spend, the more you can get back. This makes WG happy, and gives us the chance to cut our losses a bit.

I know it means that those that don't spend on gold can't get any back, but I don't know of any free to play games that pay you for playing!

Blacksmith, I set ye a task. Take these harpoons and lances. Melt them down. Forge me new weapons that will strike deep and hold fast. : Captain Ahab.

WG - LET US PAY FOR PREMIUM BY THE HOUR!!!

JoeDaFrogman #69 Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostDonNarko, on 22 September 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

If you don't support these efforts or keep telling me what WG told previous lobby-ists you add very little value to the cause.

Other than MM changes, there are none of your suggestions I am "hostilely" opposed to.    Just to be clear, being realistic in having expectations and being opening hostile to something are not the same thing.   Unfortunately, perhaps due to my sucky communication skills or perhaps because written word is just plain hard, it's not always easy to convey the difference.  

I`ll include 7/54 in the list as will I bundle all clan wars related points and that's what I`ll take from your responses

Well.... I think you esports mostly covered that, so you can likely updated that item just to clarify what esports means(at least in how WG has implemented it one the PC) or perhaps esports would be a subitem of a 7/54 game mode.

Now as to whether you play lights and stat padding is a by-product of said strategy or whether you like to stat pad and the LT`s are a tool, doesn't really matter. Why? cause they influence your stats the same, either way around.

Actually, other than WN8(and spotting) you are not really correct on this point though.   Both my Dmg C/R and K/D have been steadily going up for the past year since I learned how to play at least partially well.. However, I did not start concentrating on LT's until early this year.   In that time, my Dmg C/R and K/D have increased, it's by no more than they would have increased in some of the mediums I had been playing prior.    Both have gone up a bit less than .07 points while almost exclusively playing light tanks with a few MT and a very tiny amount of HT/TDs mixed in.   While light tanks have little health(which allows a bit of a buff to Dmg C/R when you do well), they have an unfortunately propensity to get one shot by tier IX and X TD's and even a few HT's.   

My point is that I think you might have a slightly wrong perception of what stats will be affected and by how much by light tank play.     WN8 and spots absolutely are padded by light tank play, that is absolutely true.   Dmg C/R and K/D, I don't really see it that much.   This is especially in light of my BatChat and Lorraine having significantly better in both of those stats than the vast majority of the light tanks I play, with the exception of the AMX 13 90 which is just stupidly good.

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

DonNarko #70 Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 22 September 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Other than MM changes, there are none of your suggestions I am "hostilely" opposed to.    Just to be clear, being realistic in having expectations and being opening hostile to something are not the same thing.   Unfortunately, perhaps due to my sucky communication skills or perhaps because written word is just plain hard, it's not always easy to convey the difference.  

Well.... I think you esports mostly covered that, so you can likely updated that item just to clarify what esports means(at least in how WG has implemented it one the PC) or perhaps esports would be a subitem of a 7/54 game mode.

Actually, other than WN8(and spotting) you are not really correct on this point though.   Both my Dmg C/R and K/D have been steadily going up for the past year since I learned how to play at least partially well.. However, I did not start concentrating on LT's until early this year.   In that time, my Dmg C/R and K/D have increased, it's by no more than they would have increased in some of the mediums I had been playing prior.    Both have gone up a bit less than .07 points while almost exclusively playing light tanks with a few MT and a very tiny amount of HT/TDs mixed in.   While light tanks have little health(which allows a bit of a buff to Dmg C/R when you do well), they have an unfortunately propensity to get one shot by tier IX and X TD's and even a few HT's.   

My point is that I think you might have a slightly wrong perception of what stats will be affected and by how much by light tank play.     WN8 and spots absolutely are padded by light tank play, that is absolutely true.   Dmg C/R and K/D, I don't really see it that much.   This is especially in light of my BatChat and Lorraine having significantly better in both of those stats than the vast majority of the light tanks I play, with the exception of the AMX 13 90 which is just stupidly good.

French light line ends up in the BatChat, which is a medium, but only cause it's a 10 and there are no 9, 10 lights. It is as close to a tier 10 light as you can get, only it's got a sick gun and pen. So naming this as a counter to the LT argument doesn't prove to be a solid argument. It adds to similar stats as a LT, with addition of dmg C/R and K/D, cause it's more then capable to take down other 10's. 

But f-it, I`m done with this pissin contest, I am only gonna respond to on topic replies from here on out.

DonNarko #71 Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostRhythm n Buze, on 22 September 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

What about the ability to earn or win back some of the gold you spend in WoT?

Maybe start at 5% for completing certain tasks or something. The more you spend, the more you can get back. This makes WG happy, and gives us the chance to cut our losses a bit.

I know it means that those that don't spend on gold can't get any back, but I don't know of any free to play games that pay you for playing!

Never heard of this before, but original point of view on this topic. Let's say this can be summed up as a possible gold earning game mechanic under "ways to earn gold ingame",which is in the list. Thanks for adding to the thread and supporting La Revolucion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users