• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

UnkeptCanine96 #41 Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11979 battles
  • [BLT]
If you want +1/-1 MM buy some premium tanks.  Problem solved.

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Xbox One and Xbox 360

Expose' List

VxQzjJa.jpg

dukeofpeasant #42 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17436 battles
  • [47R]

View PostUnkeptCanine96, on 18 September 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Excellent advice! 

A hardy Harrumph to you! 

Edited by dukeofpeasant, 18 September 2015 - 03:02 PM.

Need spots? I gots. Happy to scout if you want.

Wanna play premiums, I got em. All. Will "demo" them if asked.

Tanks I love:

Luchs, Leopard(scout),vk 28/ fat leopard/ Skinny Vikki(scout), Awful Panther, V/IV, T49, E25 aka Super Hetzer!, Leopard PTA, Porsche Tiger, Ferdinand, Sexton 1 Yankee, M44, and Vikky 3601.

USSWISCONSIN94 #43 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12176 battles
  • [47R]

View PostUnkeptCanine96, on 18 September 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Not what Premium tanks are for. :/

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

I Killed Hoffa #44 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28051 battles
  • [FISIS]

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 18 September 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

1.   Don't know what you mean SPECIFICALLY, but clan tags are already in the game there just is no UI to edit them.   The UI will be there when they get some time to get it in.

2. come back in a year or two, perhaps three if then.  a WG employee has admitted that Clan wars is so incredibly difficult that it won't be seen in the near future and it WILL NOT be the same as the PC(so in that case, why the hell do we keep calling it the same thing the PC calls it?)

3. doubtful

4. ummmm is that not a part of Clan Wars?    See answer 2

5. Already in there... Sherrif mode is in the game and they have done it at least once.   Then, there is the dozens of givaways they do every year for watching streams, contests, etc.... you have plenty of ways to attempt to earn gold... use them all

6. not going to happen... for like literally the 500000 time, it's not going to happen.. keep asking and the answer will continue to be no.

7. ditto item 7...no.. no no...

8. they already have to some degree.  the recent 7v7 events have been similar format to what 7/54 was, but there needs to be more software before it can be productized.

9.  umm what?   They will be in balance.   Everything the PS gets will be the same on the XBox with the sole exception of the Girls und Panzer skin.

10. technical issues, contact Microsoft and [edited]at them for releasing a crappy console upgrade with zero forethought on existing customer base.  

11. that will literally NEVER, EVER happen.... you might as well ask the sun to eat the moon.  More importantly, if you think WG can drive this you are literally insane.

I notice you like the word literally a lot.  This is not a criticism or anything except that you may literally not understand what the word means.  Hey wait you might be onto something this is literally the most fun I have had typing on this forum ever.  I mean literally this is the highlight of my morning so far.  Okay seriously I am just messing around and not really trying to start a word war or anything.  Everyone have a great day!!

RPGStylee #45 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14782 battles

View PostI Killed Hoffa, on 18 September 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

I notice you like the word literally a lot.  This is not a criticism or anything except that you may literally not understand what the word means.  Hey wait you might be onto something this is literally the most fun I have had typing on this forum ever.  I mean literally this is the highlight of my morning so far.  Okay seriously I am just messing around and not really trying to start a word war or anything.  Everyone have a great day!!

I can spell the word but I can't pronounce it to save my life. It comes out as lideululy.

Edited by RPGStylee, 18 September 2015 - 03:47 PM.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Please do it I have slow self-esteem you don't want to hurt my feels do you?

Head Kanonenjagdpanzer sales expert

Pit Friend #46 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33535 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostKcKage88, on 18 September 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

I've got the torch stand right next door. Come one come all we have the highest quality torches around and for a reasonable price "get them while there hot". No reasonable offer refused financing available at 20% down and $2.99 a month for 2 months.

But do you also sell the rake things from the Frankenstein movies? You can't have a good bloodthirsty mob without the rake things from the Frankenstein movies. :)

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

dukeofpeasant #47 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17436 battles
  • [47R]

View PostPit Friend, on 18 September 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

But do you also sell the rake things from the Frankenstein movies? You can't have a good bloodthirsty mob without the rake things from the Frankenstein movies. :)

pitchforks?

Need spots? I gots. Happy to scout if you want.

Wanna play premiums, I got em. All. Will "demo" them if asked.

Tanks I love:

Luchs, Leopard(scout),vk 28/ fat leopard/ Skinny Vikki(scout), Awful Panther, V/IV, T49, E25 aka Super Hetzer!, Leopard PTA, Porsche Tiger, Ferdinand, Sexton 1 Yankee, M44, and Vikky 3601.

KcKage88 #48 Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16701 battles
  • [TMPLR]

View PostPit Friend, on 18 September 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Here at KcKages's discount torch and riot supplies emporium we only sell the highest quality torches, gas masks, bottles filled with urine, bricks, Pitchforks, (expletive) the police t-shirts, heraldo revera fake mustaches so you to can pretend to be a reporter so come on down today located just off of Interstate 35 in beautiful Kansas City if you hit Tulsa you've gone to far. Or buy online at HonkeyDefenceLeague.com and use promo code GFYM for and additional 10% off and free shipping.

Edited by KcKage88, 19 September 2015 - 02:03 PM.

DonNarko #49 Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 18 September 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Yes it is true here... The devs have a roadmap given to them by someone else(marketing/pr departments along with senior management) and they have a limited capacity.   

And to be clear, the majority of the RESPONDENTS wanted it, but that was FAR from the majority of PLAYERS and there is a difference.    

Now, let me tell you something you don't know... I have worked in a corporate environment for 20+ years.    I have been both in support (telephone support) AS WELL AS development for several different companies.     I kind of know what I am talking about.   I don't know what you do, if anything, but hopefully, you will agree that I have at least a modicum of insight into the software design process(though not specific a game developer).   

Now.... let me ask you ANOTHER question... after all this time on the PC, exactly why is it that the clan players have to modify Clan stuff and schedules and all that stuff in a WEB BROWSER and NOT IN THE GAME ITSELF?      See... I know a bit about software(as mentioned above) and how stuff works and if I am telling you that Clan Wars is a feature that would take well over a year to develop, I hope you can actually trust that I have some inkling as to what I am talking about.  

We just disagree that people who won't spend money on the game ever will spend if they get a bit because frankly, they already do get a fair bit just by doing the tutorials and by other means.   More importnatly, less than 10% of the player population will play clan wars.... Then from that, only the best clans will consistently earn gold, so that number of players who earn even a tiny bit of gold would be...well... tiny.  

What about 5 times longer?  What about getting into 5v5 games and earning 200 XP on a win instead of 800 XP on a win?   Though I don't, most people grind tanks... frankly, I don't want to sit around waiting 5+ minutes for a 15 vs 15 match, much less a 5v5 match AND THEN get punished by earning less XP and silver to boot.    There are LOADS of issues with changing MM and frankly, the time to wait is only one of them to be considered... and... as mentioned a few times already, if the PC has not done it with their large player population, you should stop holding out hope for a much smaller population to get it.     

How about this.... do what I did... stop worrying about it and concentrate on getting better....I can promise you, as you learn to play better, the MM vagarities become less important overall...Hell... go play 2000 game in a tier VII scout tank and then come back and complain about your tier IV tank in a tier VIII game... and I will say to you cry me a river as I don't care( I play a lot of scout tank matches, so get a decent proportion of +3 matches and I do so because I enjoy the challenge)

You should.... If you want change, don't rely on someone else to advocate for you.    Literally, go to the Xbox forums and do something yourself.    Get thousands of other players to do so as well.   My point being "just get it done" is putting it on someone else to do it, why don't YOU BE THE ONE TO DRIVE IT.       Look....If you think WG is not trying to work with MS on this, you are crazy.   But frankly, WG is a single voice in the wilderness and MS cares more about how much it costs them than what one lone developer thinks.    Again, I see it as a good sign that they have added some backwards compatibility stuff to the One/360, but I also know how slow stuff is.

Get the difference between respondents and total population, basic statistics

And good you worked 20+ years in.. something vague which you then relate to your knowledge of software development. I studied computer science and have a degree from the free univeristy of Amsterdam in the field of political science. This obviously makes me an expert on the political systems on Mars and the workings of the biggest baddest server Microsoft is running, right?. 

Reasoning that the PC version of Clan Wars is still not done developing, hence the Xbox implementation would take at least a year is supported by very little more then your ball park estimate. There have been waaaay bigger codes layed down within a year then implementation of clan wars for instance and if WG would want it to, they could. It's like mentioned before a choice of the developer. Hence my advocacy of this game mode for the console, which you apperently are having the hardest of times with. Hypocritically enough you do want me to do the same where it comes down to an issue within Microsofts' domain.

Your matchmaking mathmatics don't seem to add up neither. If you have 3 tiers that match up for instance and it takes 20 sec. to form a match, then matchmaking with 2 tiers under similar conditions would take 10 sec. more, seeing you`re losing 33% of the potential population hence increasing the time for matchmaking with 50% = 30 sec. in said example under equal distribution of tanks per tier (so 5V5 argument still applicable?). In effect it could take up some time, maybe 2-3 min. when the server population gets lower and perhaps longer when the servers get on lowest points of the day. But just throwing out 5 min. as a number just like that, based on nothing, but your "20+ years of experience" is not going to fly. Part in the explanation as to why 1 tier matchmaking is less likely to happen, because it leaves less incentive for ppl to buy premium, premium tanks, premium shells etc. etc.

Tiny amount off ppl gaining gold from clan wars, you were on about sherrif op, how many ppl got a reward from that? tomáto, tomàto?

So you were giving me sh*t about work? "I don't know what you do, if anything" and top it off with "Hell... go play 2000 game in a tier VII scout tank and then come back and complain" So first it's bad to not have a job, but then it would be impossible to do the 2000 scout games whilst having a job. #getyourstorystraightson

Now you seem to assume I am not having fun, and having trouble with winning games and related issues, because I`m bringing points up for discussion. I play lights, mediums, heavies and TDs a-like and thrive at times, the reason I`m advocating these points, is because there is a general consensus concerning these points amongst many of the tankers I roll with, not all, not pretending to speak on behalf of anyone but myself, but just saying. "As I learn to play better", and all sorts of words of your supposive wisdom to express your superiority? (asking cause I`m not really feeling it), but you don't have to waste your wisdom on my obvious degenerate brain, we will never see eye to eye.

DONNY DEGENERATE, PREFECT OF PUSS, RAVAGER OF RUGGS, CARPET BOMBER, MAJESTIC MAESTERO OF MUFF MINING, BEAVER wHISPERER, BASHER OF BOX, SCOLAR OF SPLOOSH, SLIT LORD, BIG BAD BULLY-O-BUSH, TURT EL WAXER, SUMMONER OF SQUIRT,  VIDI VAJAY-JAY, VICI VAJAY-JAY, VENI INTRINSECUS VAJAY-JAY, DISPENSER OF DURP, DISCIPLE OF SCRUB

NO SCIENCE IS IMMUNE TO THE INFECTION POLITICS AND THE CORRUPTION OF POWER JACOB BROWNOSWKI

CORRUPTION, THE GREATEST SINGLE BANE OF OUR SOCIETY TODAY - OLUSGUN OBASANJO

ONE DOES NOT FIGHT CORRUPTION BY FIGHTING CORRUPTION - DANIEL KAUFMANN

KaiserVonKrieg #50 Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14915 battles
  • [-NS-]

All the things you requested requires skilled and competent game developers.

Something WG doesn't have.

I.E. see their Leader Serb.

I.E. Waffentager, possibly the dumbest creation in a video game ever.

DonNarko #51 Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View Postdukeofpeasant, on 18 September 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Stock packages are supposed be bad. That's why you grind, to unlock the good packages. 

If the stock IS came with a 122mm why bother grinding any other packages on it? 

Or the stock tiger getting the long 88 as the second gun. All it will do is make the grind quicker, and then people are going be sitting on a mountain of tier Xs complaining they have nothing to play demanding more changes.

I still say MM is fine. It creates skills.

You want a -/+1 MM, OK so we get it one day, and oh look someone is complaining that -/+1 is unfair cause their stock vk36 struggles against an elite IS. Let's just cut to the end and start saying MM should be same tier only. We can wait 10 minutes in lobby for a 5m white washing. Hooray

I get that stock packages aren't suppose to be boss, but in a tier 7 heavy, like the IS, you are expecting to actually pen other 7's. And on the said E-50 you get a tier 6 gun, which you first unlock on the tier 5 tank in the same tech line. It's true you can if previously researched purchase a tier 8 gun (still a 75mm) but severly under powered nevertheless.

I get that MM creates skill, but linked to the previous topic, if you are in the match with a stock packaged tank, that is having the hardest of times fighting off it's own tier, how is it gonna manage 2 tiers up? So you get a failed match in which you can do little more then track and scout (in a heavy in this example). 

Hence the solution for this issue is either in the package or the MM

DONNY DEGENERATE, PREFECT OF PUSS, RAVAGER OF RUGGS, CARPET BOMBER, MAJESTIC MAESTERO OF MUFF MINING, BEAVER wHISPERER, BASHER OF BOX, SCOLAR OF SPLOOSH, SLIT LORD, BIG BAD BULLY-O-BUSH, TURT EL WAXER, SUMMONER OF SQUIRT,  VIDI VAJAY-JAY, VICI VAJAY-JAY, VENI INTRINSECUS VAJAY-JAY, DISPENSER OF DURP, DISCIPLE OF SCRUB

NO SCIENCE IS IMMUNE TO THE INFECTION POLITICS AND THE CORRUPTION OF POWER JACOB BROWNOSWKI

DonNarko #52 Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostKaiserVonKrieg, on 20 September 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

All the things you requested requires skilled and competent game developers.

Something WG doesn't have.

I.E. see their Leader Serb.

I.E. Waffentager, possibly the dumbest creation in a video game ever.

Wouldn't put it that harsh, but that is pretty much what it boils down to. I've seen developers (and don't have to be enormous development teams) that did way more in less time. I get that it's hard with all these different IP's WG is trying to develop at the same time, but this is where the gamers requirements and the developers priorities clash, Gamers want more depth in the game, developers want to make money, in this case get their game on as many platforms and as many IP's as they can as to appeal as to as many potential customers as possible.

So what does that leave the gamers as options? well we could all, like JoeDaFrogman suckle on WG's tiet, like there is no tomorrow and blindly follow what ever they decide for us. Or we could speak our minds (viva La Revolucion!).. which I in this topic have tried to do, in a ever so blunt manner

radonism #53 Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17071 battles

MM is fine, except for platoons. Lost count of the number of games at, say, tier 8, with a sucker punch of a platoon of tiers 5's throw in to sway it reds way. 

Fix this and MM would be all good, imho...

DonNarko #54 Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles
failed platoons being the main reasons indeed

bullfrog88ss #55 Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:38 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23303 battles
  • [E-A-D]

View PostDonNarko, on 18 September 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

added 2 more points of interest: 10. Cross console platooning (360-One) and 11. Cross console play (PS vs. XB)

thats not up to wargaming. That would be up to Microsoft. Which will probably never happen because they would have to connect with Sony servers to be able to do that and they are gonna phase out the 360

FusionStar287 #56 Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:34 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • [JOCO]
Merde la revolucion!

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

TheKiltedTanker #57 Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29669 battles

View PostDonNarko, on 18 September 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

well AFK is a good point to bring up, added to the list

the problem with AFKers is proving that it's not due to local internet / power outages....for example during the month of June we had a plethora of sporadic regional poweroutages due to weather, and a corresponding rise in the number of AFK players.
My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack.
Ferdinand Foch (1851-1929

Knobchuck #58 Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16495 battles
  • [SKYTT]

View PostFrank Grimess, on 18 September 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

More importantly where do I set up my Pitchfork Emporium? 

You get the pitchforks, ive got the torches and lighters atore!

DonNarko #59 Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

View PostSpiderMedic71, on 21 September 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

the problem with AFKers is proving that it's not due to local internet / power outages....for example during the month of June we had a plethora of sporadic regional poweroutages due to weather, and a corresponding rise in the number of AFK players.

true, but codes could be written to exclude these kind of disconnects out of the AFK tally

DonNarko #60 Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12835 battles

@JoeDaFrogman

you do act like you are a boss, but you got lower hitratio, K/D, damage caused received etc. etc. So actually you are more of a personal assistant then a boss.

Act like it

Maybe Timmy the Tank`s got some useful pointers for you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users