Compensation For xbox 360 User Freeze Outs

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

Navyman8390 #1 Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14186 battles

I think it would be fair if Wargaming compensates xbox 360 premium account players for all the inconvenient console freezing that has occurred since update 2.1.

It should be one of the following...

1. 7 day premium

2. Gold

3.  Supply Drop (Repair, First Aid, Automatic Fire Extinguisher). 10 each

4. Silver.

Those are just some ideas.  Any other 360 users have thoughts and suggestions?

Edited by Navyman8390, 18 September 2015 - 01:54 PM.

Turboclicker #2 Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22110 battles
I don't play on 360 often, so I don't care personally what happens.

Only people who have bought things should receive compensation though. People who don't have premium time/tanks don't deserve anything for outages.

xXCHOCO TACOXx #3 Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 7114 battles
That's way too much for a compensation. I'm pretty sure they would only compensate if everyone can't get on like when Xbox live went out

Every beginning has an end.

KuroFelidae #4 Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9819 battles
  • [CRY]

Where's my neg button gone?

:arta:

R6tP6te.gif

The No.1 worst unicum player on World of Tanks.

Navyman8390 #5 Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14186 battles

View PostxXCHOCO TACOXx, on 18 September 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

That's way too much for a compensation. I'm pretty sure they would only compensate if everyone can't get on like when Xbox live went out

There are a lot of paying players who have supported the game who only play on a 360.  Not everyone has a budget to run out and buy a One.  But something like silver or supplies wouldn't even effect their bottom line.

How many potential team losses may have occurred because one or more 360 players on a team froze out?

Besides, for Premium Account holders the freeze-ups constitute a customer satisfaction issue.  It's business ethics here.

Edited by Navyman8390, 18 September 2015 - 01:57 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #6 Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19638 battles
  • [BNKR]
I demand all of the premium tanks that I don't currently own and a gold refund for the ones I've already bought. I also want a free year of premium and an Xbox one. How dare you make me spend time with my family instead of playing a game!

:trollface:

RadiantPup27709 #7 Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28020 battles

:facepalm:

You'll get compensated if...

- you've had premium time during the affected time period.

- you've spent silver on camo/emblems/inscrips. during the affected time period.

- ... and most importantly... if WG determine there were enough players affected to warrant compensation.

Don't expect to get anything if you've not done either of those.

Gigantic Owl #8 Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22093 battles
  • [RDDT]
I demand compensation on my Xbone because 360 players freezing making me lose.
For this I demand
-6 trillion dollars
-all the golds
-invulnerability

I feel these demands are justified because I am the most important player in this game and without my $10 a month this game would crumble.

Thanks.

An actual gameplay expert

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation

JoeDaFrogman #9 Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostNavyman8390, on 18 September 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

I think it would be fair if Wargaming compensates xbox 360 premium account players for all the inconvenient console freezing that has occurred since update 2.1.

It should be one of the following...

1. 7 day premium

2. Gold

3.  Supply Drop (Repair, First Aid, Automatic Fire Extinguisher). 10 each

4. Silver.

Those are just some ideas.  Any other 360 users have thoughts and suggestions?

What have you done to try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue?

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

Navyman8390 #10 Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14186 battles

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 18 September 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

What have you done to try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue?

Frequent Optimization, daily clear cache, check forum for information, post complaint in Bug Report thread.

I also try to limit my mic use as the problem seems to happen mostly during high game chat traffic.

I didn't re-install the game because others have done that with no success.

Besides.  It seems this is WG doing.  They added a lot of additional processor based demands to their code to make use of the One's capabilities and now it seems they've over stretched the 360's resources.  I don't if that's the problem for sure.  It appears as so but I'm an amatuer in tech.  I just know that myself and other 360 users merely play the game and nothing more.

WG does the IT thing and now something is faulty.

Navyman8390 #11 Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:49 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14186 battles

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 18 September 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

:facepalm:

You'll get compensated if...

- you've had premium time during the affected time period.

- you've spent silver on camo/emblems/inscrips. during the affected time period.

- ... and most importantly... if WG determine there were enough players affected to warrant compensation.

Don't expect to get anything if you've not done either of those.

1. Premium-check

2. Premium tank purchase-check (Excelsior)

3. Camo four seasons one month-check (T25/2)

All in the month of September.  All on a xbox 360.  So yeah, I'm a paying customer.

JoeDaFrogman #12 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostNavyman8390, on 18 September 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

Besides.  It seems this is WG doing.  

This is a fallacy.     Trust me or not, I don't care.   HOWEVER, I have 12 years of experience in supporting several different software systems by being telephone based support engineer in the past.  I also have almost a decade of software development experience.

Believing that an code fix will fix your(generic pronoun) problem without you doing EVERYTHING else you(generic pronoun) possibly can is just plain stupid and bound to cause at least SOME people to be disappointed when a code based fix is released... mainly because their issue was NOT the code related on AND they could very likely have fixed their issue prior if they had just stopped blaming the company and worked with them to do all of the various troubleshooting and resolution techniques.   

There were people freezing LONG before the last 3-4 updates.. so blaming the updates cannot be the sole cause, would you not agree?   Likewise, there are tons of players who have had zero issues, so again, blaming the updated is not a guaranteed smoking gun, agreed?  

I didn't re-install the game because others have done that with no success.

Do it anyway.... Others did re-install with success.  Not all drugs for cancer work for all people.... and literally, reinstalling takes what?  30 minutes? less?  a bit more?  

..stuff you ahve done....

Did you submit a ticket? if not, that should be your next step.   

If they tell you to do something, do it... even if you already did it.... do it ANYWAY, following their instructions exactly, PERIOD.   Yes, it's a PITA to re-do something you already did, but do it anyway.  If they ask about your internet, TELL them and don't give the [edited]"it's not my internet" or "other games work just fine".(there has been at least one faulty internet modem that was BROKEN which caused people issues in the past, do not assume you are special and that it's not your internet.  You (generic pronoun) are not a network engineer, so as just an average Joe gamer, no matter how much you think you(generic pronoun) know about the internet, if you are not a professional, just do what the professionals tell you to do)

I don't if that's the problem for sure.  It appears as so but I'm an amatuer in tech. 

That is the absolute BEST attitude to have.... know it alls typically know nothing.  Your willingness to say you don't know means you are open to trying anything, so start trying.   Worst case scenario, you spend some time for no results and are back in the same situation.   Best case, 30 minutes to 2 hours worth of work might end up saving you weeks of frustration.  

Other things you can try before contacting WG Support(they will tell you to do these things anyway, and when tye do, do them anyway even if you have done them before):

• Delete your game, clear cache, restart, and redownload
  • Delete your XBL GT from your xbox and re-download GT from MS's servers(make sure to clear cache in between a few times.
  • Check your internet speed using the XBox network stats thing...
  • If you are using Wireless for the 360, use a computer/table to test network speeds RIGHT BESIDE the xbox on said other device and note differences(drastic differences could mean your Xbox or network adapter i dying...  My Xbox gets 8m download over wireless.. my tablet, 1 foot away on the same network gets 25m download, so SOMETHING is jacked up on my network or Xbox!1!!!!
  • Connect your Xbox DIRECTLY to the router/modem if WIRELESS and play for a few hours to see if that helps...

Are these guaranteed to help?  Of course not, but how silly would you feel if simply downloading the game again "fixed" the problem and is something you could have done 6 weeks ago?

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

radonism #13 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17050 battles

I haven't experienced any freezing and I still play on 360. I don't mean that to imply that you haven't either, as I'd clearly have no way to know that. But luckily it all seems OK over here for me (in London).

Now, xbox live connection, well, that's another story. But MS did give me 1 month free live connection when the service went down for almost 3 days a few weeks back...

But, free stuff you say? Sign me up anyway!! 

:trollface:

RadiantPup27709 #14 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28020 battles

View PostNavyman8390, on 18 September 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

1. Premium-check

2. Premium tank purchase-check (Excelsior)

3. Camo four seasons one month-check (T25/2)

All in the month of September.  All on a xbox 360.  So yeah, I'm a paying customer.

Why would they compensate that purchase because of the freezing issue?

You must file a ticket to have that refunded, and that's only if you've played no battles in it.

Kev360X #15 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12550 battles
  • [BNKR]
Yeah WG, and I want a gold plated Rolls Royce :)

Mortaigne #16 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8461 battles

Demanding compensation is stupid in many ways. First its bad manners, second it probably makes the ones you demand compensation from less likely to actually compensate you, lastly it makes you look like a whining little [edited].

SILVERFISHX #17 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37772 battles
  • [FEN1X]

Other things you can try before contacting WG Support(they will tell you to do these things anyway, and when tye do, do them anyway even if you have done them before):

• Delete your XBL GT from your xbox and re-download GT from MS's servers(make sure to clear cache in between a few times.
  • If you are using Wireless for the 360, use a computer/table to test network speeds RIGHT BESIDE the xbox on said other device and note differences(drastic differences could mean your Xbox or network adapter i dying...  My Xbox gets 8m download over wireless.. my tablet, 1 foot away on the same network gets 25m download, so SOMETHING is jacked up on my network or Xbox!1!!!!
  • Connect your Xbox DIRECTLY to the router/modem if WIRELESS and play for a few hours to see if that helps...

Are these guaranteed to help?  Of course not...

All worth doing, and a nice list.   

I've done each of those other than that I've always had the xBox directly connected to the router, and I've got so many lockups that it's finally got me choosing other games I haven't played in a very long time.   It turns out that I can't drive in Forza for beans after a year away, and it won't let me shoot people. Dammmitall

Anyway, there's a rumor that WGA is giving a promor code to those of us who send Raibot requests for help.  It gives us preferential MM and "boosted RNG".  It apparently works double in artillery but expires after 90 days.   This is precisely where such rumors start.

Sabber 307 #18 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 12818 battles
  • [ATLAS]
Your going about this all wrong. Wargaming has an Excellant staff. Submit a ticket. I got 500 gold and didn't ask for any because of the troubles I've had this past week. But the way your asking and going about it just seems wrong.

Arlusic #19 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 36162 battles
Ive bought prem time, tanks, and camo.
silver is not appropriate. Gold is out of the question...
i want 7days of premium. Its fair.
As for individual users troubleshooting the problem, though ive tried all the things that i know would be suggested, i have not submitted a support ticket. This is a known issue however, so what would that do?
It should have been discovered and corrected by supertesters and devs prior to the rushed initigration of the One.
It will be fixed. And Im confident we'll be recompensed.

Navyman8390 #20 Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14186 battles

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 18 September 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

This is a fallacy.     Trust me or not, I don't care.   HOWEVER, I have 12 years of experience in supporting several different software systems by being telephone based support engineer in the past.  I also have almost a decade of software development experience.

Believing that an code fix will fix your(generic pronoun) problem without you doing EVERYTHING else you(generic pronoun) possibly can is just plain stupid and bound to cause at least SOME people to be disappointed when a code based fix is released... mainly because their issue was NOT the code related on AND they could very likely have fixed their issue prior if they had just stopped blaming the company and worked with them to do all of the various troubleshooting and resolution techniques.  

There were people freezing LONG before the last 3-4 updates.. so blaming the updates cannot be the sole cause, would you not agree?   Likewise, there are tons of players who have had zero issues, so again, blaming the updated is not a guaranteed smoking gun, agreed?

Do it anyway.... Others did re-install with success.  Not all drugs for cancer work for all people.... and literally, reinstalling takes what?  30 minutes? less?  a bit more?

Did you submit a ticket? if not, that should be your next step.  

If they tell you to do something, do it... even if you already did it.... do it ANYWAY, following their instructions exactly, PERIOD.   Yes, it's a PITA to re-do something you already did, but do it anyway.  If they ask about your internet, TELL them and don't give the [edited]"it's not my internet" or "other games work just fine".(there has been at least one faulty internet modem that was BROKEN which caused people issues in the past, do not assume you are special and that it's not your internet.  You (generic pronoun) are not a network engineer, so as just an average Joe gamer, no matter how much you think you(generic pronoun) know about the internet, if you are not a professional, just do what the professionals tell you to do)

That is the absolute BEST attitude to have.... know it alls typically know nothing.  Your willingness to say you don't know means you are open to trying anything, so start trying.   Worst case scenario, you spend some time for no results and are back in the same situation.   Best case, 30 minutes to 2 hours worth of work might end up saving you weeks of frustration.

Are these guaranteed to help?  Of course not, but how silly would you feel if simply downloading the game again "fixed" the problem and is something you could have done 6 weeks ago?

Okay Joe.  I will attempt what I can within my limitations.

I do not have a PC or laptop/tablet.  This 360 is the highest tech I own.  There is a business proprietary computer at the other end of the house as a township tax collector resides and has her office here in the home but tha does me no good as it only connects with the County intranet running Win 7 Thin Client.  A hardwire connection would require a lot of attic crawling, some drilling, and a little fishing.  Too much effort for a game.

But I will delete and clear cash and redownload/install the game and see what happens and I will do any other console specific fixes.

I honestly concluded that this freeze-out issue was 360 pandemic but now I've heard from one who hasn' been effected.  Thanks for the advice Joe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users