• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

MaxChaos24 #1 Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:36 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13272 battles
  • [WGW]

Hello Tankers!

We understand that some of you have been having issues on the Xbox 360 with getting a Hard Freeze causing you to restart your console. We have our top guys investigating this issue and working to resolve it as soon as we can. We have been gathering information from those of you who are affected and with all of your help we have been narrowing down the cause. Thank you for all the information you've been giving us!

As a temporary solution for those who have very frequent freezes, you can change your Xbox360  Privacy Settings to block Voice/Text communications. We have had a few players test this temporary solution over the past 2 days and it appears to prevent the freeze from happening. We know this is not ideal as communicating with your friends and teammate is a big part of the game so we only recommend you do this if you have frequent issues. Again, this is only for the issue on Xbox 360.

Steps on how to change your Xbox 360 Privacy Settings to block Voice/Text Communications.

Step 1: Go to your Xbox Dashboard

Step 2: Go to your Settings Tab

Step 3: Go to Privacy

Spoiler

Step 4: Select "Customize" and press "A"

Spoiler

Step 5: Select "Change Settings" and press "A"

Spoiler

Step 6: Select "Voice and Text" and press "A"

Spoiler

Step 7: Select "Blocked" and press "A"

Spoiler

Step 8: Press "B" once, select Save and Exit and press "A"

Please let us know if this has worked for you and we will continue to do our best to resolve this issue. We appreciate your patience!

Thank you, 

- Wargaming Team

Veinous Maximus #2 Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16146 battles
  • [WHAT]

I haven't froze since I stopped turning on my mic...... Same effect I guess thanks Max. At least we know you guys seem to be onto some cause

KaiserVonKrieg #3 Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14915 battles
  • [-NS-]
I'll test this out tomorrow which will be perfect since I will be doing the solo Tier 8 Heavy Competition all day.

SkillfulTurtl3 #4 Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33096 battles
Just tried this and it has not worked for me....... 4 games ok and then 3 freezes in a row (2 mid game, and one on exit to garage)...  at least I could not hear the curses from the rest of the team !

JoeDaFrogman #5 Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 18 September 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Hello Tankers!

We understand that some of you have been having issues on the Xbox 360 with getting a Hard Freeze causing you to restart your console. We have our top guys investigating this issue and working to resolve it as soon as we can. We have been gathering information from those of you who are affected and with all of your help we have been narrowing down the cause. Thank you for all the information you've been giving us!

As a temporary solution for those who have very frequent freezes, you can change your Xbox360  Privacy Settings to block Voice/Text communications. We have had a few players test this temporary solution over the past 2 days and it appears to prevent the freeze from happening. We know this is not ideal as communicating with your friends and teammate is a big part of the game so we only recommend you do this if you have frequent issues. Again, this is only for the issue on Xbox 360.

Steps on how to change your Xbox 360 Privacy Settings to block Voice/Text Communications.

Step 1: Go to your Xbox Dashboard

Step 2: Go to your Settings Tab

Step 3: Go to Privacy

Spoiler

Step 4: Select "Customize" and press "A"

Spoiler

Step 5: Select "Change Settings" and press "A"

Spoiler

Step 6: Select "Voice and Text" and press "A"

Spoiler

Step 7: Select "Blocked" and press "A"

Spoiler

Step 8: Press "B" once, select Save and Exit and press "A"

Please let us know if this has worked for you and we will continue to do our best to resolve this issue. We appreciate your patience!

Thank you, 

- Wargaming Team

Can you please help me?  My settings are not like this and yet I still don't freeze on the 360.   I really want to experience the joys of having the game freeze so I can be part of the in crowd.

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

WCS WettestAtom #6 Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29566 battles
  • [FQF]

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 19 September 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

Can you please help me?  My settings are not like this and yet I still don't freeze on the 360.   I really want to experience the joys of having the game freeze so I can be part of the in crowd.

LOL !! nothing like a good freeze to be one of the crowd:)))

xTIN CAN SAILOR #7 Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:52 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11179 battles

This is working so far, but I hate not being able to communicate at all. 

SILVERFISHX #8 Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37825 battles
  • [FEN1X]

Aaaargh!    Really?  I have to choose between freeze locks and playing without comm? 

Thanks for working on the issue, WGA, **seriously**, but I'm gonna play until lock and then go back to Forza 4 again.  I have started to relearn how to drive and have already overcome the instinct to use the "turret" on my cars.  Remembering not to bash the opponents is coming along, too.

JoeDaFrogman #9 Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostSILVERFISHX, on 21 September 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

Thanks for working on the issue, WGA, **seriously**, but I'm gonna play until lock and then go back to Forza 4 again.  I have started to relearn how to drive and have already overcome the instinct to use the "turret" on my cars.  Remembering not to bash the opponents is coming along, too.

lol... that's pretty damned funny...   I tend to also have issues with not hitting other cars in Forza(old, Forza 3 for me!) even long before WoT...

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

sly couger #10 Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30091 battles
  • [-OFF-]

try my thread" 360 crash fix " different to above 150+ games since not missed a beat and i have changed my comms back to normal .give it a go and post how you get on

DStegCat #11 Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25012 battles
  • [BACON]

How well known is this as a cause? 

I froze when someone sent me a party request over the weekend.  Request was from the light on the other team.

Could you freeze the red team by sending them chat / party requests?  If so this has the potential for abuse.

nam et ipsa scientia potestas est (for knowledge is itself power)  Francis Bacon - 1597

More Bacon

JoeDaFrogman #12 Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View Postsly couger, on 21 September 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

try my thread" 360 crash fix " different to above 150+ games since not missed a beat and i have changed my comms back to normal .give it a go and post how you get on

I have been told by someone much more knowledgable than myself that there is no chance that this will fix anything for anyone and is a waste of time.  :amazed:   I don't believe that this actually worked for you as according to some, it's just not possible.

Spoiler

YouTube

Twitch.tv

JoeDaFrogman #13 Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostDStegCat, on 21 September 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

How well known is this as a cause? 

I froze when someone sent me a party request over the weekend.  Request was from the light on the other team.

Could you freeze the red team by sending them chat / party requests?  If so this has the potential for abuse.

While I don't say it's impossible, I get party request/platoon requests on the 360 quite frequently and have frozen just once in WoT since the 2.0 release came out, so in and of itself, this should not be the issue. 

YouTube

Twitch.tv

sly couger #14 Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30091 battles
  • [-OFF-]

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 21 September 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

I have been told by someone much more knowledgable than myself that there is no chance that this will fix anything for anyone and is a waste of time.  :amazed:   I don't believe that this actually worked for you as according to some, it's just not possible.

Spoiler

well all i know i could not get through 10 games without freezing at least once since i went thru the items on the list no issues .part of the list came from WG support so it is worth a try surely ???

sly couger #15 Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30091 battles
  • [-OFF-]

i dont understand why people are arguing about the various fixes mentioned. i spent hours seeking all the various possible fixes and then set about doing EVERY ONE OF THEM .better to try first than wasting oxygen arguing

on what you might have heard does or doesnt work!!

JoeDaFrogman #16 Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View Postsly couger, on 21 September 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

i dont understand why people are arguing about the various fixes mentioned. i spent hours seeking all the various possible fixes and then set about doing EVERY ONE OF THEM .better to try first than wasting oxygen arguing

on what you might have heard does or doesnt work!!

Pretty much my point... some people just don't seem to get that though....

YouTube

Twitch.tv

sly couger #17 Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30091 battles
  • [-OFF-]

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 21 September 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

Spoiler

oh i read it differently??

TangoLit #18 Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29342 battles
  • [BANE]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 18 September 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Hey Max,

This has worked for me, though I really do want comms back.  Is there a way you guys could contact some of us to let us know when this has been addressed?  I'd like to get back to platooning and this is getting in the way.

Thanks!  TangoLit

Git gud here:  bit.ly/tankguide (I should read this).  On Track list.

8000 is better than 11090 - shaunw2010

SteampunkPagan #19 Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93987 battles
  • [HDC-R]
Thanks Max and thank you everyone else who has posted solutions that worked for you. Not everyone's problems are the same and since their is no "known" magic fix for all having one place to come and look for a solution is a great idea. Shame this is not done more regularly here in the forums. Because when something works for one it just might work for another and save some frustration. 

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Acysbib #20 Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24156 battles
  • [SMOKN]
I am about to put the game down for a couple of months because of this bull... I am getting very close to throwing my controller through my TV... And that would be a couple hundred bucks I cannot replace.

Here's a LINKY to my General tanking guide. Feel free to take a look.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users