World of WarShips for Xbox or PS4 or Both

WoWS Xbox

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: World of WarShips (233 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you play World of WarShip if it came to Xbox or PS4 Both

1. Yes (217 votes [93.13%])

Percentage of vote: 93.13%

2. No (16 votes [6.87%])

Percentage of vote: 6.87%

Vote Hide poll

Badfaith PRIEST #21 Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16605 battles
  • [-WD-]
I like Naval warfare and would play it on the XB1, but I would love to fly as well. Good business to bring both to the one and morph all three together.

Cat Gelasia #22 Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 46 battles

View PostPriest 13 IPAIC, on 27 September 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

I like Naval warfare and would play it on the XB1, but I would love to fly as well. Good business to bring both to the one and morph all three together.

Yes! WG! Give Us the Games We want to play! :girl: 

Yes A Girl just kick your Butt!

BladeColector #23 Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:20 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3650 battles
IGN

World of Warships
Rating:
Star5
Star
Star
Star
Star

Wargaming has another hit on their hands with their most recent release “World of Warships”. After a lot of time in Alpha and Beta testing “World of Warships” is finally ready for the masses. Overall it’s a great tactical, online multiplayer game that will appeal to fans of Wargaming’s most popular title “World of Tanks”.

Wargaming
Wargaming

In “World of Warships” players will command their very own battleship as part of a fleet of other online players. Games are won through a combination of capturing points and destroying the entire enemy fleet. The mechanics and objectives of the game are simple enough that new players will be able to jump right in and play. Yet there’s so much going on in “World of Warships” that some new players may feel a bit overwhelmed.

Unfortunately there is no tutorial in “World of Warships” so it may take new players quite a few battles and video tutorials before they feel like they have a good understanding of things. In lieu of a tutorial there is the option to play a co-op game against an AI team instead of against other players. Yet even in a Co-op game the chat will be filled with hate if a player doesn’t know what their doing.

In that vein friendly fire is something to look out for when playing “World of Warships”. Understandably your team will get upset if you fire a torpedo into the path of a friendly ship and collision damage is something everyone has to be aware of. Once past those initial hurdles of learning the game players will be ready for a rewarding and tactical gaming experience.

There are four basic types of ship players can command and each one plays a bit differently and allows for a variety and customization of gameplay. Available types of ships include aircraft carriers, powerful battleships, formidable destroyers and heavy cruisers. The aircraft carrier plays vastly different than the other ships because it requires managing the aircraft it carries along with the ship itself. The aircraft carrier won’t be for everyone but it does add an interesting element to battles.

All vehicles are from the first half of the 20th century. There are vehicles from Japan, U.S.S.R., U.K., Germany and U.S.A. With great graphics and epic music “World of Warships” recreates an exciting large-scale sea battle for players to experience.

One of the best features of “World of Warships” is how the game relays crucial information to you. With all that can be going on during a naval battle it’s nice to get pertinent updates about the match popping up at the side of the screen as well as auditory announcements. Getting this information quickly and easily is crucial to playing your best.

There’s a lot of strategy and tactics at play in “World of Warships” so simply having the highest tier ships isn’t going to win you a battle. Knowledge of the proper ammo to use against different ships, taking into account your range and trajectory will make a huge difference in how well you perform.

Much like in “World of Tanks” players need to be very careful about when and how they reveal themselves to the enemy team in “World of Warships”. Firing at an enemy is going to give your position away and hiding behind some cover may not guarantee your safety against a skilled enemy. Striking a balance between patient strategy and bold bravery can be difficult to do but makes for some of the best “World of Warships” players.

“World of Warships” will feel very familiar to players of “World of Tanks”. There may be some balance issues still between the different classes of ships but for the most part this Free-to-Play game is fun and fair. The lack of tutorial creates a barrier of entry to new players but those that enjoy this type of tactical, historically inspired war game will find it worth the effort of learning how to play.

There’s a lot of strategy and competitiveness to “World of Warships” which makes winning a battle and moving up the ranks very rewarding and fun. This game was well worth the wait for it’s release and will likely become nearly as successful as Wargaming’s other competitive MMO “World of Tanks”.

“World of Warships” is free to play with some balanced micro-transactions from Wargaming. You can download the game here and begin your virtual naval career today.

Founder Captain Bladecolector

www.theironpirates.clanwebsite.com

Badfaith PRIEST #24 Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:41 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16605 battles
  • [-WD-]
Does anyone smell green bean soup?

Crescere Scithe #25 Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7650 battles
  • [REA]
Wargaming, throw ships at me. My body is ready.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Check out my complete Polish Tank Tree proposal below!

[x]

Whiskey Bone #26 Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:17 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 939 battles

View PostCrescere Scithe, on 28 September 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

:ohmy:

A Iron Pirate member

BladeColector #27 Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:53 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3650 battles

lol +1

SteampunkPagan #28 Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:04 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 81790 battles
  • [HDC]
I want it on PS4 first.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

SnipersLaww #29 Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:11 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12853 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostA dapper kiwi, on 23 September 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Too many buttons I think, the top ijn carrier you'll need like 9 buttons purely to use stuff on the ship  (squads, the ship its self) but then you and need the abilities and stuff, cruisers you need alot as well, it would be nice to have but I doubt it will be on the 360, seems like a next gen game 

This doesn't mean I don't want it, i'd love to have it on xbone, just trying to think about it logically

I dont see it being an issue.  All they really need to do is look at the Battlestations games to get a basic idea for the controls.  Those games let you control multiple various vessels and aircraft... including aircraft carriers so I dont see a problem for them if they just look at these two games for reference.

Currently owned tanks listed in profile.

Jet Army #30 Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25699 battles
  • [STEIN]
yes I send my e mail for the beta, with fall and winter I may try to reapply for super testers program. WOW as WOT looks so good on xbox one and pc right now DRX 12 and windows 10 makes them a snap to make, from pc to xbox one instant developer tools and all. that video  may be pc but all games start there lol. 

Badfaith PRIEST #31 Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16605 battles
  • [-WD-]
Well it makes more sense to be known as an Iron Pirate in a ship than it does in a tank. About as much sense as my rank of Ship Doctor when I am known as Priest, but then again that case of rum was scarfed up long ago right Blade.

BladeColector #32 Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:38 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3650 battles
Thought that was Two cases of Rum? Besides Priest your a Dr. of the Soul my friend. :)

JR CMOK #33 Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19749 battles
  • [-KOPM]
I agree that both the console and a single server!

SapperMark #34 Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:44 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6587 battles

View PostA dapper kiwi, on 23 September 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

Too many buttons I think, the top ijn carrier you'll need like 9 buttons purely to use stuff on the ship  (squads, the ship its self) but then you and need the abilities and stuff, cruisers you need alot as well, it would be nice to have but I doubt it will be on the 360, seems like a next gen game 

This doesn't mean I don't want it, i'd love to have it on xbone, just trying to think about it logically

you do know the xbox one is getting keyboard support at some point

Badfaith PRIEST #35 Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16605 battles
  • [-WD-]
Well I didnt get any of that intoxicating fluid so I dont remember what I was traded for exactly.

BladeColector #36 Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:26 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3650 battles

View PostPriest 13 IPAIC, on 30 September 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

Well I didnt get any of that intoxicating fluid so I dont remember what I was traded for exactly.

Yes drink too mush Rum makes you forget all your troubles. :teethhappy:

Whiskey Bone #37 Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:49 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 939 battles

View PostIRON Capt Blade, on 02 October 2015 - 03:26 AM, said:

Yes drink too mush Rum makes you forget all your troubles. :teethhappy:

Did Some one say Rum? Does a case of Rum come with WoWS if it was to go to Xbox.:rolleyes:

A Iron Pirate member

BladeColector #38 Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:03 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3650 battles

View PostWhiskey Bone, on 02 October 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Did Some one say Rum? Does a case of Rum come with WoWS if it was to go to Xbox.:rolleyes:

Tell you what if WG makes the Annoucment  Here on this Forum on X-Mass Day that WoWS is coming to Xbox. I will send you a nice bottle Of Rum for the New Year!:great:

BladeColector #39 Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3650 battles
https://www.facebook...5742117/?type=3

BladeColector #40 Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:49 AM

Major

• Beta Tester