Newbie Question- Was is considered "spotted" by scouts?

scout spot spotting

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Legalize Xbox #1 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:33 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12505 battles

Newbie here with only 700 battles in.   When scouting, what is considered a "spotted" opponent?  If they show up on the map, is that because of my efforts or only when I have the Binocular icon show up over an opponent, is that considered one I spotted?

Thanks in advance (sure more questions to follow)

ExaminedGORE #2 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]

Yes, Binocular icon means that the enemy got spotted by you, though I'm not entirely sure that it appears everytime you spot. I might be wrong there, but I think it does appear only in special circumstance. I'm guessing there, that the "binocular" icon basically means that such enemy has been spotted first time in a battle, meaning that if he will get spotted a second time, then no icon will appear upon his tank. You will still receive the assists damage for him, but it wont count towards "enemies spotted" post battle stats.

Please someone correct me, if I am wrong somewhere.

Check out my DeviantArt. World of Tanks fanarts || Fractals || My childhood sketchs  : )  

"I can't even be bothered to reply anymore the tinfoil hat is to thick to get through" ~ A dapper kiwi, 05 October 2015

RPGStylee #3 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14705 battles

View PostExaminedGORE, on 20 September 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

Yes, Binocular icon means that the enemy got spotted by you, though I'm not entirely sure that it appears everytime. I might be wrong, then but I don't think it does.

It only appears if you are the first person on your team to spot that tank. if it gets spotted again then the tank was already spotted by another player and it won't show up.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Please do it I have slow self-esteem you don't want to hurt my feels do you?

Head Kanonenjagdpanzer sales expert

ExaminedGORE #4 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostRPGStylee, on 20 September 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

It only appears if you are the first person on your team to spot that tank. if it gets spotted again then the tank was already spotted by another player and it won't show up.

Ninjad. Just edited my post out :c

Check out my DeviantArt. World of Tanks fanarts || Fractals || My childhood sketchs  : )  

"I can't even be bothered to reply anymore the tinfoil hat is to thick to get through" ~ A dapper kiwi, 05 October 2015

rhymeswithN00bs #5 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:42 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14130 battles
  • [GIRLS]

If they show up on the map, they're being spotted by either you or one of your teammates. It's possible to get an initial detection (the binoculars, which means you're the first person who detected that target) but then someone else actually does the spotting and gets the assist damage. The map doesn't tell you who's doing the spotting, only that an enemy is being spotted.

Just to clarify "spotting" means detecting targets for you and your teammates to shoot at. It includes the initial detection and any subsequent detections. It's possible to spot targets that have already been spotted by someone else (they got the binoculars ribbon but you get the subsequent assist damage ribbons). I hope that makes sense... :hiding:

XOXO, Noobius Y

RPGStylee #6 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14705 battles

View PostExaminedGORE, on 20 September 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

Ninjad. Just edited my post out :c

Legalize Xbox #7 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12505 battles

Thank you.  Confirms what I was thinking.......appreciate it!

ExaminedGORE #8 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostRPGStylee, on 20 September 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

Damn ninjas.

RPGStylee #9 Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14705 battles

View PostExaminedGORE, on 20 September 2015 - 08:47 PM, said:

Damn ninjas.

Pacestick68 #10 Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35796 battles
  • [WOLFE]

In addition remember radio range, and equipment especially at low tiers

example I will use is if we are both in m4 and you spot a guy and then I pull up beside you.  Now I have binos and you do not so if he backs up out of your view range but remains in mine I get the spotting points even though you can still see him.  Effectively I am still spotting him for you.  With radio range if we both have him in view range but I have signal boost I can talk to tanks farther away.  So even if you spotted him first I am relaying the info to the tanks.

The army cannot make you do anything.  It can only make you wish you had done it.

LOSTVENGENCE96 #11 Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20168 battles

View PostExaminedGORE, on 20 September 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

Yes, Binocular icon means that the enemy got spotted by you, though I'm not entirely sure that it appears everytime you spot. I might be wrong there, but I think it does appear only in special circumstance. I'm guessing there, that the "binocular" icon basically means that such enemy has been spotted first time in a battle, meaning that if he will get spotted a second time, then no icon will appear upon his tank. You will still receive the assists damage for him, but it wont count towards "enemies spotted" post battle stats.

Please someone correct me, if I am wrong somewhere.

Nailed it.

well memed sir #12 Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9617 battles
Remember to not just yolo towards their spawn. If you continually spot them throughout the game your teammates will love you. 
GUM LOADED 

Also tagged with scout, spot, spotting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users