BT-SV fun

BT-SV

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

FRsLastStand #1 Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13089 battles
So I've this little speed monster for a day, played four matches of which two were complete disasters but nothing special until an encounter battle on Province in which this tank proved its worth by getting me an Ace Tanker badge, so for the poor picture quality image.jpg.I look forward to many more matches whilst improving and learning how to get the best out of this tank.

Corporal Derpy #2 Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

In a couple of days that performance wouldn't even get you 3rd Class. :trollface:

Get 1k damage in a Tier III skreb.

Garage : 

FRsLastStand #3 Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13089 battles

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 25 September 2015 - 11:05 PM, said:

In a couple of days that performance wouldn't even get you 3rd Class. :trollface:

Get 1k damage in a Tier III skreb.

True it's probably down to the fact that many people are still working out how to play it effectively, everyone is going to learn how to kill it quickly or avoid situations were it can use its armour or a lot more people are going to buy it and be much better at driving it but at the moment I'm happy with the result.

Corporal Derpy #4 Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostFRsLastStand, on 25 September 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

but at the moment I'm happy with the result.

As happy as when you failed to kill my KV-220. :harp:

Honestly, people don't really even need to learn how to kill it quickly, if they auto aim then the shots will usually land where they'd have to aim to pen, I imagine a great deal have no idea where they hit only that it did damage, or they'll load Gold the second they see one.

It's a tank that will become more powerful the less you see of them in game.

Garage : 

FRsLastStand #5 Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13089 battles

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 25 September 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

As happy as when you failed to kill my KV-220. :harp:

Honestly, people don't really even need to learn how to kill it quickly, if they auto aim then the shots will usually land where they'd have to aim to pen, I imagine a great deal have no idea where they hit only that it did damage, or they'll load Gold the second they see one.

It's a tank that will become more powerful the less you see of them in game.

Hmm I forgot about that match as the KV-220 is quite a troll tank even a 90mm gun has a hard time going through its armour when angled and yes you are right it will probably end up like the Pz II J and T7 Combat Car I used to see quite a few of these but now it's rare to see them.

Corporal Derpy #6 Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostFRsLastStand, on 25 September 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

Hmm I forgot about that match as the KV-220 is quite a troll tank even a 90mm gun has a hard time going through its armour when angled and yes you are right it will probably end up like the Pz II J and T7 Combat Car I used to see quite a few of these but now it's rare to see them.

Apparently it's got such troll armour that it's getting a buff, to 120mm of frontal hull armour, because clearly 100mm at V wasn't enough.

Oh and to top that off, it's getting an engine buff.

All of that on PC of course, even owning the tank I'd hope to god such things don't come to Console.

I tried my very best to make it so that you only ever had shots on the angled side, somehow that pulled off.

Well the difference between the BT-SV and those 2, the BT-SV is actually decent and can be powerful, the II J is merely a Piñata and T7 CC's just give you free Steel Walls. 

Garage : 

FRsLastStand #7 Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:08 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13089 battles

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 25 September 2015 - 11:52 PM, said:

Apparently it's got such troll armour that it's getting a buff, to 120mm of frontal hull armour, because clearly 100mm at V wasn't enough.

Oh and to top that off, it's getting an engine buff.

All of that on PC of course, even owning the tank I'd hope to god such things don't come to Console.

I tried my very best to make it so that you only ever had shots on the angled side, somehow that pulled off.

Well the difference between the BT-SV and those 2, the BT-SV is actually decent and can be powerful, the II J is merely a Piñata and T7 CC's just give you free Steel Walls. 

I only hope that  the buff is delayed, it's really hard turning a Jackson turret around along with its hull where a KV-220 is surprising mobile in a hull turn plus it's armour is really good when it angled and the BT-SV is a decent tank but I would say the Pz II J still has troll armour in certain situations I had a match recently were I Blocked 1,530 damage in mine and the T7 I use as my cool down tank after really bad matches as it's fun earning medals in a low tier tank without putting too much effort into it.

Corporal Derpy #8 Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostFRsLastStand, on 26 September 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

I only hope that  the buff is delayed, it's really hard turning a Jackson turret around along with its hull where a KV-220 is surprising mobile in a hull turn plus it's armour is really good when it angled and the BT-SV is a decent tank but I would say the Pz II J still has troll armour in certain situations I had a match recently were I Blocked 1,530 damage in mine and the T7 I use as my cool down tank after really bad matches as it's fun earning medals in a low tier tank without putting too much effort into it.

It was on quite nice terrain, and the crew has about 14 skills because they come from my T-34-88, who came from the KV-2 originally, I don't know if I had Rations on by that point or if it was later in the week that I switched to that.

It really only feels slow when you try to take it up a hill, need to get somewhere fast, or when arty has decided he only wants to shoot at you.

There are tanks that the II J can be difficult to pen most definitely, but well in return the II J likely can't pen them, and it gets horrid MM, so I sold it when I aced it, for the T7 CC I just sold it incredibly quickly after getting 1st Class for it, had I kept it I could have got free Gold I think they gave out, and then later they gave it a buff but it was just so bleugh.

Only reason I could see myself buying back the T7 CC if I could do so via a support ticket, though I doubt that's possible at this point, is to try to get a Fadin's in it and ruin my stats in the process.

Garage : 

FRsLastStand #9 Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:25 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13089 battles

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 26 September 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

It was on quite nice terrain, and the crew has about 14 skills because they come from my T-34-88, who came from the KV-2 originally, I don't know if I had Rations on by that point or if it was later in the week that I switched to that.

It really only feels slow when you try to take it up a hill, need to get somewhere fast, or when arty has decided he only wants to shoot at you.

There are tanks that the II J can be difficult to pen most definitely, but well in return the II J likely can't pen them, and it gets horrid MM, so I sold it when I aced it, for the T7 CC I just sold it incredibly quickly after getting 1st Class for it, had I kept it I could have got free Gold I think they gave out, and then later they gave it a buff but it was just so bleugh.

Only reason I could see myself buying back the T7 CC if I could do so via a support ticket, though I doubt that's possible at this point, is to try to get a Fadin's in it and ruin my stats in the process.

Hmm that's seems like a very efficient crew not wonder I got screwed over by you, yeah the Pz II J does have trouble with a lot of tanks that have decent enough armour or the players know the weak spots and the T7 is basically a one shot kill for anything with a howitzer.Ive found the best way of dealing with KV-220 is to blow both the tracks off then go for the engine or back of the turret in most tanks unless it's the SU/JSU 152 which burns through its armour well enough with HE.

Corporal Derpy #10 Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostFRsLastStand, on 26 September 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

Hmm that's seems like a very efficient crew not wonder I got screwed over by you, yeah the Pz II J does have trouble with a lot of tanks that have decent enough armour or the players know the weak spots and the T7 is basically a one shot kill for anything with a howitzer.Ive found the best way of dealing with KV-220 is to blow both the tracks off then go for the engine or back of the turret in most tanks unless it's the SU/JSU 152 which burns through its armour well enough with HE.

How else would one manage 3 Marks in it, the darn thing is quite slow most of the time and you're stuck hoping the enemy don't auto aim.

Well, KV-220 doesn't meet SU/ISU-152 so I don't see how you found that way to deal with them :3

Really, just aim for the turret because it's the weakest part of the tank, the hull has the same weakspots as most of the IS/KV tanks, but it's definitely an incredibly tough nut to crack if the dude sidescrapes.

Garage : 

Also tagged with BT-SV

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users