Did I kill steal? You decide! (video w/ commentary)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JDiesel17 #1 Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9398 battles
  • [-HOW-]

In the first video below I have a nice game in the Leopard, but did it come with a cost?  After the battle I received a message saying I was a kill stealer.  Let me know what you think in the comments!  In the second video I show off some good and bad use of auto aim in the Cromwell Knight.

My You Tube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/meatcitygamingwot

LOSTVENGENCE96 #2 Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21758 battles
Kills cannot be stolen. A live enemy is a dead enemy. A dead enemy is a good enemy. Take that shot if you can. Unless the enemy is at a sliver of health and its not worth your silver and KNOW 100% it will get dead.

Corporal Derpy #3 Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21027 battles
  • [KMD]

Yes and no.

I'd imagine the guy complaining about 'kill stealing' is referring to the KV-1, who you did only 2 penetrating shots of damage to, if I were sitting on 13 kills and then had that happen I'd be quite miffed, though it wasn't such a serious case, dude was just sour.

But to just drive up and not shoot at that foe would have been quite silly, and it's one enemy removed from the game so there was no negative part of that at all, someone was just sour.

Garage : 

disqruntled bil #4 Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:04 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13827 battles
This looks to be a case of someone whining because he can. Did you kill the KV-1? Yes you did. Is the point of the game to kill the enemy or capture his base? Yes it is. So does it really matter who kills the enemy, as long as they are killed.

UNDERSIEGE24976 #5 Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14983 battles
  • [4HIM]
Nope. In a tank like that you did exactly what you should have been doing, finishing off near death tanks. I do it myself in my lights and if other players don't like it then oh well. I play to win. Not to get the hey look at me I got a kill, I'm a great player bull crap. Now if you had been lurking in the background, doing nothing but watching other players getting hits on tanks and then taking the killing shot for yourself then yes that would be kill stealing. You didn't do this that I saw, you did your job.

Don't worry about the players who don't have a clue about what it takes to win a battle and what it means to play as a team.

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/AY2u5eG.jpg' href='http://i.imgur.com/AY2u5eG.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/AY2u5eG.jpg</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/A...AY2u5eG.jpg</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/A...5eG.jpg</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/A...jpg</a></a></a></a>

Farmboy Wesley #6 Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31718 battles

Naw. You're good, bro.

Gallant Prime #7 Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:03 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 41883 battles
  • [47R]

Not in this case.  Only two types of kill stealing in my mind: 

1)  Guys who hold shots for kills, and

2) Guys who have played in the corner all game but swoop in and snatch a Pools or Radleys from you with one shot for low damage on the last red after you cleaned the other teams clock and taken the last red down by at least 75% by yourself.  Had a Pools snatched from my AMX Chaffee in a Tier 8-9 match by some joker that way.  Oh no, not bitter about that one at all...:angry:   

If you want to snatch a top gun away, fine.  Heck I'll even pull up and let the team finish reds just because.  But Pools or Radleys when the guy did the damage for them, that is low. 

Coast Artillery #8 Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30403 battles

View PostGallant Prime, on 05 October 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Not in this case.  Only two types of kill stealing in my mind: 

1)  Guys who hold shots for kills, and

2) Guys who have played in the corner all game but swoop in and snatch a Pools or Radleys from you with one shot for low damage on the last red after you cleaned the other teams clock and taken the last red down by at least 75% by yourself.  Had a Pools snatched from my AMX Chaffee in a Tier 8-9 match by some joker that way.  Oh no, not bitter about that one at all...:angry:   

If you want to snatch a top gun away, fine.  Heck I'll even pull up and let the team finish reds just because.  But Pools or Radleys when the guy did the damage for them, that is low. 

I  watched the video,  and did not see any kill stealing.   I agree with Gallant Primes assessment.   I  had a Pools lined up on Pacific in my PZK V/ IV.  I put a shot into a red  (kill number 10), when another tank pulled up beside me.  He watched me fire two rounds in, and then fired the final shot... and laughed.  But hey, what can you do.

One question reference the video,  if you supposedly kill jacked the KV1, then did he Kill Jack the KV2?  You both had a great game.  

ArtyHarHar #9 Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18119 battles
No, you didn't kill steal. You didn't hold your fire until you knew you had the kill; you shot when you had the chance.  Good game.  Just wondering though if you crew is fully trained? If not I can see you hanging back a bit. But a Leopard with a perked out crew can be out front and not have to play like a medium.  Not saying you have to be in front if you have over aggressive/ suicidal teammates but your never going to get your spotting in if you aren't out there near the front row.  In this case the Cromwell was very aggressive though so I can see you not being in front for much of the match. To be honest when you went to the corner near the beginning and tried to get spots I feared you was going to try to be sniping Leopard and had my facepalm emote all ready  :teethhappy:

JDiesel17 #10 Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9398 battles
  • [-HOW-]

View PostArtyHarHar, on 07 October 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

No, you didn't kill steal. You didn't hold your fire until you knew you had the kill; you shot when you had the chance.  Good game.  Just wondering though if you crew is fully trained? If not I can see you hanging back a bit. But a Leopard with a perked out crew can be out front and not have to play like a medium.  Not saying you have to be in front if you have over aggressive/ suicidal teammates but your never going to get your spotting in if you aren't out there near the front row.  In this case the Cromwell was very aggressive though so I can see you not being in front for much of the match. To be honest when you went to the corner near the beginning and tried to get spots I feared you was going to try to be sniping Leopard and had my facepalm emote all ready  :teethhappy:

Thanks for the reply.  My crew in the Leopard in this match is a noob crew.  I don't even think I have sixth sense on it yet.  I try to get out front to spot on maps/matches that allow me to do so without getting immediately taken out, but in this tank I am a bit more cautious as my ability to get out of trouble in it is a bit limited.

My You Tube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/meatcitygamingwot

ArtyHarHar #11 Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18119 battles

View PostJDiesel17, on 07 October 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply.  My crew in the Leopard in this match is a noob crew.  I don't even think I have sixth sense on it yet.  I try to get out front to spot on maps/matches that allow me to do so without getting immediately taken out, but in this tank I am a bit more cautious as my ability to get out of trouble in it is a bit limited.

No class of tank is more handicapped with a low skilled /low perked crew then a light tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users