BT-SV Review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Beta582 #1 Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [TANK]

This little rare tank went on sale this morning and I figured I would give an honest review on it. Yes, it does have preferential matchmaking so it will never see above tier 4.

First things first, the base armor thickness is crap. How this things armor works is by abusing angles. With a little angling of the tank on flat ground, its armor hits auto-bounce angles unless fighting something with 75mm AP rounds as they will overmatch the armor and auto-penetrate it at any angle. Another thing to keep in mind is the armor from the tracks out is spaced armor (see image in spoiler) which can cause some ridiculous bounces and non-penetrations. Make sure to never let anyone shoot at a slight downward angle on your hull as it will completely negate your armor and they will quickly rip you to shreds.

Spoiler

The gun is pretty decent as well with 51 penetration and 47 damage a shot with a 26.25 RoF, 1.71 second aim time, and 0.41 accuracy. It's accuracy on the move is somewhat questionable because of the speed at which it travels and it has somewhat poor gun depression.

Now on to the speed. This thing blazes around the map at 62 km/h with a 500 h.p. engine. I believe it also has the highest power to weight ratio in the game making it's acceleration insane. You will hit it's top speed on flat ground in a couple of seconds. Keep in mind where you are driving because it's terrain resistance on soft ground is utter garbage and you will quickly lose your speed.

There are a few notable weakness of this tank. One is that it's hull traverse is pretty slow at 33 degrees/second. This is also means that at speed you have an absolutely massive turning radius so don't be expecting to pull off some incredible maneuvers in very little space. Another weak point of the tank is that it is almost blind with only 280 meters of view range so you will be spotted LONG before you spot anything.

Overall, it is a fun little tank to drive around in if you keep in mind how your armor is angled. I will give it my seal of approval.

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

TinTanker #2 Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:23 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11517 battles
Very fun, speedy tank.   What equipment what benefit thus guy?

Beta582 #3 Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [TANK]

View PostSlimmerFiddle19, on 25 September 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

Very fun, speedy tank.   What equipment what benefit thus guy?

I just use vents for the little boost to everything.

Camo net is pointless because you want to keep moving because when arty hits, it usually kills.

Binocs and Coated Optics are also useless beccause of the 280m view range.

Toolbox is almost always a decent thing to put on most tanks.

Gun laying drive would also help but isn't really necessary as it's aim time is already 1.71 seconds.

Spall liner isn't necessarily the most useful as most things with howitzers will just derp you into oblivion anyways.

Cyclone Filter could be useful as pretty much the back half of the tank is engine.

Enhanced Suspension is not all that useful anyways.

TL;DR: Vents, Toolbox, Cyclone Filter.

EDIT: Formatting of post.

Edited by Beta582, 26 September 2015 - 04:33 AM.

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

Also tagged with BT-SV, Review

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users