Crew skill commander jack of all trades pain tolerance

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

XL Single Malt #21 Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7744 battles

View PostYOU GOT DENI3D, on 03 October 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

A fire is a fire dude :teethhappy: It prevents your chance of a fire period. And if you are turning your sides or getting your sides shot a lot your chance of fire is increased significantly, obviously an arty round can ruin your day to but if you are aware of your vulnerability to a fire you can play accordingly and for the most part avoid it.

Not quite right. A fuel tank fire cannot be prevented. Destroying a fuel tank is guaranteed fire. Preventative maintenance only affects the chance of an engine hit causing fire. 

YOU GOT DENI3D #22 Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30316 battles

View PostXL Single Malt, on 03 October 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

Not quite right. A fuel tank fire cannot be prevented. Destroying a fuel tank is guaranteed fire. Preventative maintenance only affects the chance of an engine hit causing fire. 

How does destroying a fuel tank guarantee fire? I've had tons of games with broken fuel tanks and hardly ever had a fire afterword and I've never repaired it. That is just crazy if the next hit tracks you in the open or hits your gun or ammo rack you are screwed for the rest of the game because you repaired your fuel tank. It is a stupid waste but whatever, easier kills for me :playing:

Brevokh #23 Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3919 battles
  • [1CAD]

View PostYOU GOT DENI3D, on 03 October 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

How does destroying a fuel tank guarantee fire? I've had tons of games with broken fuel tanks and hardly ever had a fire afterword and I've never repaired it. That is just crazy if the next hit tracks you in the open or hits your gun or ammo rack you are screwed for the rest of the game because you repaired your fuel tank. It is a stupid waste but whatever, easier kills for me :playing:

You keep proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. If you run without a fire extinguisher and your fuel tank is damaged, if you get hit again you'll be set on fire and lose 50% of your hitpoints and all of your essential modules, or you can use your repair kit and play the rest of the game passively. If you lose your ammo rack you'll probably be near dead anyways if you've already undergone fuel damage.

YOU GOT DENI3D #24 Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30316 battles

View PostSpartan Cook, on 03 October 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

You keep proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. If you run without a fire extinguisher and your fuel tank is damaged, if you get hit again you'll be set on fire and lose 50% of your hitpoints and all of your essential modules, or you can use your repair kit and play the rest of the game passively. If you lose your ammo rack you'll probably be near dead anyways if you've already undergone fuel damage.

Alright bud hope I hit your fuel tank in the future :justwait:

XL Single Malt #25 Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7744 battles

I said destroying not damaging fuel tanks. Usually takes two hits to them. I cause lots of fires because I aim for fuel tanks. They are easy to hit and a second hit guarantees a fire. 

The chance of engine fire is 10-20% depending on engine if hit. Fuel tanks are a better chance of fire cause you only have to hit twice to get the fire. That's easier than one to two of ten engine hits.

YOU GOT DENI3D #26 Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30316 battles

View PostXL Single Malt, on 03 October 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

I said destroying not damaging fuel tanks. Usually takes two hits to them. I cause lots of fires because I aim for fuel tanks. They are easy to hit and a second hit guarantees a fire. 

The chance of engine fire is 10-20% depending on engine if hit. Fuel tanks are a better chance of fire cause you only have to hit twice to get the fire. That's easier than one to two of ten engine hits.

Just because fuel tank is damaged doesn't guarantee the next hit will destroy it.

DjSeraphim #27 Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35039 battles
I use Jack Of All Trades within the first five perks on everything then two repair kits and either rations or an auto extinguisher depending on how often the tank burns.

In individuals, insanity is rare but in groups, parties, nations and epochs; it is the rule.

The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain.

Without music life would be a mistake.

Sqn Ldr B #28 Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
You know what, I wish this thread came up before I had trained pain tolerance on my special American crew I've started training, and then got 50% through jack of all trades. :rolleyes:

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

DestroD-x #29 Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33693 battles
  • [LIGHT]
Totally not scientific, but since I swapped out a perk for pain tolerance on the RU251 my crew member "deaths" have fallen dramatically. (It was awful; someone was guaranteed to be knocked out once per game)

D

IV NITROGYN VI-x #30 Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8301 battles
  • [POLAR]

Yeah, I've come to the consensus that Pain Tolerance is a better choice than Jack of All Trades. But both would probably be better if you really want to be safe.

Oh and about the fires. Preventative Maintenance prevents engine fires more. It does not do anything for fuel tanks. Your fuel tanks have a certain amount of hit points, and the fuel tank is considered damaged or orange when 50% of the fuel tank hit points are gone. Once you take another hit to your fuel tanks that takes the full hitpoints away from your fuel tanks, the fuel tanks are destroyed and are set on fire. You can't do anything for this except CO2 (which no one will use because there are much better things for equipment) and auto extinguishers. You will do much more fires by shooting at fuel tanks, not engines.

So here is what I'm going to do on my 140. I'm going to train pain tolerance fully, and then swap the premium med kit for combat rations. Then I will train Jack of All Trades if I think I need some more coverage. I will always have premium fire extinguishers because the fuel tanks seem to attract medal explosive rounds. And I'd rather have a dead crewman than a fire that kills everything... so yeah.

Darth Wookius-x #31 Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20256 battles

View PostSpartan Cook, on 03 October 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

unfortunately there's really not a safe way to use rations for Russian meds unless you're in clan battles. I would also reccomend not using deadeye in a 140 since the chances of people hitting your gun is prett low, whereas I think the 140 has pretty good base camo, and with the camo skill you'll notice a huge diffirence, and if you can use cosmetic camo. 

Your thinking of armorer for the skill that boosts gun accuracy when damaged, dead eye increases your chances of damaging/destroying enemy modules like engines and killing enemy crew members.

Darth Wookius-x #32 Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20256 battles
Keep in mind JoAT losses effect with each crew member you lose, it starts with the commander doing his job at 50% and say the gunners job at 50%. If your driver dies with the gunner the commander performs his job at 50% and the other 2 jobs at 25%, also keep in mind for some tanks the commander already works as the spotter and radio man/gunner/loader depending on the tank. In the T110E5 he is both commander and radio man for example.

XL Single Malt #33 Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7744 battles

View PostYOU GOT DENI3D, on 03 October 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

Just because fuel tank is damaged doesn't guarantee the next hit will destroy it.

In high tier play yes. Doesn't mean a fuel tank is worth repairing

KaiserVonKrieg-x #34 Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14916 battles
  • [TO5J3]

KaiserVonKrieg-x #35 Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14916 battles
  • [TO5J3]

View PostKaiserVonKrieg, on 03 October 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

You don't need food on anything not arty or autoloader or something with a 20+ second reload.

Hell look at me I'm 3.6k and never ever use premium consumables on anything except food for the Batchat and even then I only have 67 battles in my Batchat.

vervinator #36 Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18436 battles
  • [TACO]

View PostKaiserVonKrieg, on 03 October 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

You don't need food or vents on mediums.

Hell look at me I'm 3.6k and never ever use premium consumables on anything except food tor the Batchat and even then I only have 67 battles in my Batchat.

But I'm a skreb and needz them. 

XL Single Malt #37 Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7744 battles

View PostDestroD, on 03 October 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

Totally not scientific, but since I swapped out a perk for pain tolerance on the RU251 my crew member "deaths" have fallen dramatically. (It was awful; someone was guaranteed to be knocked out once per game)

D

Prevention is better than cure. That's why the premium first aid kit is so useful too

leova-x #38 Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11737 battles
  • [47R]

I normally wouldn't bump an old thread, but its in the top of my google search results for this subject, so I figure others might benefit

http://forum-console...-perks/#topmost

Pain Tolerance confirmed to be only a 10% buff to your crew survivability, not the 20-30% many of us assumed :ohmy:

PLK180W-x #39 Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

If I've got a shot at the side or rear of a Russian tank, I can usually damage a fuel tank.

If I damage a fuel tank, my next round is going straight to that spot.

Easiest way to drain their HP
Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Hex Arcana #40 Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32140 battles
  • [RTA]
Pain Tolerance is garbage, my experience is it does next to nothing unless you run LhK, at which point you may as well just run a LHK and use the skill slot for something useful. I have it on my IS crew and regularly lose crew, sometimes several crew members in the duration of a match. Necro! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users