Marks of Excellence Explained

• Please log in to reply
562 replies to this topic

EchoC3 #561 Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:52 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19899 battles

Intresting.. whenever you reach 82%, you always fall in a stream of terrible matchups or teamed with clueless casuals, only to kick you back to the 70%'s. Been trying to three mark the Ravioli, thing feels like it's cursed :P. Reach 83%, enters a streak of city maps, matched in tier 10, or team is too dumb to make a move.. (SPECIALLY El Halluf..) Not always able to dish out the necessary damage, sad having to depend on the team for positive results.. why not a more individual manner? But well, as the folks said before, just a matter of grinding.. you will get it soon.

Danomite07 #562 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23536 battles

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 07 October 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

Marks of Excellence are essentially Mastery badges that look at player damage + assist damage instead of experience. Like Mastery Badges, they can only be awarded if a player achieves more damage per game than a percentage of the entire player base. The server takes the average damage over the past 14 days from all players who have played that tank and compares it against the player’s average damage after each battle. 

What does all this mean?  The damage and assist damage you earn after each battle will be compared against the average for that tank across ALL battles in the past 14 days.  If your average is higher the required percentage of the global average, you’ll earn a mark! 

Let’s say the top damage + assist damage for the IS-6 per match is 7000 points of damage.  To get the first mark, you need higher than 65% of that, which is 4500.  85% is 5950 and 95% is 6650.  Remember it’s the average of damage dealt + assist damage!

Players who have already earned a Mark of Excellence can now track their progress towards the next one with the addition of progress percentages.

The progress will be shown in the Stats Log, per vehicle: "Your current ratio is higher than the ratio of X% of players."

At the moment, only players that have already earned a Mark of Excellence will be able to see the progress towards the next one. Players without a Mark on any tank will not be able to see their percentage while they try to earn the first Mark.  This will be changed in a future update to allow all players to view their progress percentage even if they do not currently own a Mark.

The Details:
  • Awarded per tank.
  • Tier V tanks or higher only.
  • Minimum of one battle to be eligible to earn a mark.
  • Once a player earns a mark, they will always have it.
  • Players may see marks awarded again in a battle. This works similarly to Mastery badges.
  • Stats tab displays highest Mark(s) and current percentage for that tank if you’ve earned a Mark.  Support for players who are trying to earn their first mark will be added soon!

Historically, gun marks were typically earned only by tank aces, so earning them in World of Tanks is deliberately demanding. To earn the first of three marks for a specific tank, you'll have to break into the top 35% of players using it; for the second and third tiers you'll need to rank in the top 15% and 5% respectively.

!!UPDATE!! For even more detailed information on MOE, please this link: MaxChaos24 Explains!

I love MoE's but would like to see other Mastery Marks for specific tank classes.  For example, blocking/bouncing in a heavy, or any tank really.  I think this would be an excellent metric for gauging tanking skill in addition to damage + assisted, how about blocked/bounced + assisted, spotting/relaying + assisted.  I realize this is a lot of data to compile but would definitely help clans and platoons quickly assess competencies and allow folks to show off their skills. 

In to the breach

FuzzySquirrel21 #563 Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3783 battles
I was sitting at 94.54% in my Tiger 131, I was waiting for the patch as it was going to fix the MoE.   Well, just played a match, 2400+ damage.  It was enough to push me over 95% to 3 mark it.   Now I just gotta ace tank it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users