Jump to content


Marks of Excellence Explained


  • Please log in to reply
643 replies to this topic

MaxChaos24 #61 Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:29 AM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12348 battles
  • 19,402
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostKnobchuck, on 07 October 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

 

But i thought the game used your average from your last 100 battles.  Ie if you drop a couple of turds you just need to play consistently for a good time period to get the average back up.

You become eligible from game 1. The better you consistently perform, the sooner you will get a mark. There isn't a battle requirement of 100 before you can earn them.



Monkey CH #62 Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43027 battles
  • 604
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014
WG, can you put this into the Xbox WoT Wiki too.

WGWPAIN #63 Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

    Creative Dir./Exec. Producer

  • Administrator
  • 96 battles
  • 1,212
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2013

View PostMonkey CH, on 08 October 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

WG, can you put this into the Xbox WoT Wiki too.

 

We'll update the article based on additional questions in this thread and publish it on the portal at least if not the wiki.
See you on the battlefield.

PAINGOD

LacqueredBacon #64 Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31215 battles
  • 5,917
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015
Yea, I am also confused over the "average" vs a percentage of the best score over the past 14 days.  I think that needs revision/explanation.


 


Froman Chu esq #65 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11065 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013

Excellent explanation, everything is there to understand the MoE mechanics. I just needed to read each section carefully for comprehension, for me the critical understanding was in only the last 14 days of play are counted (meaning the top damage + assist damage % changes daily and is based on the current ACE(ACE being the top DAM+ASSIST DAM holder)).

 

And you can earn your MoE, upon completion of your second game (I "assume" 2 games need to be within the same 14 day period, and you must meet the current DAM+ASSIST DAM % requirements of 65% or higher). But every game you play in that tank during the past 14 days will be averaged towards that MoE % total (the more games you play the less impact each good/bad game will have on +/-% going towards your MoE goal percentage).

 

Thank you for this Information, now I can easily formulate a strategy to get the MoE's on all of my tanks.


Edited by Froman Chu esq, 08 October 2015 - 02:22 PM.

 

"SIGNATURES MADE BY METALHELLIONx84"

"I know this might sound crazy... I get this feeling every time I start a new game, that half the people in the room are trying to kill me"


ZER01025 #66 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18412 battles
  • 510
  • [95TUN]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014
MoE ruined the game for me... I had 72 tanks an not a single mark. Played like crazy after the 2.1 update and nothing, then my freind gets one in his sherman after 60 games. PISSED me off royally!! I ended up smashing my xbox to pieces it pissed me off so much. F--- that MoE F--- WOT

LifeTilts #67 Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40402 battles
  • 1,741
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

View PostZER01025, on 08 October 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

MoE ruined the game for me... I had 72 tanks an not a single mark. Played like crazy after the 2.1 update and nothing, then my freind gets one in his sherman after 60 games. PISSED me off royally!! I ended up smashing my xbox to pieces it pissed me off so much. F--- that MoE F--- WOT

 

Sounds like someone needs some anger management counseling. Remember, it's just a game.

 

My Twitch Channel Solo gameplay, Tank requests (300+ tanks), No premium spam.

 


isic #68 Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23860 battles
  • 1,114
  • [SHART]
  • Member since:
    02-25-2014

View PostZER01025, on 08 October 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

MoE ruined the game for me... I had 72 tanks an not a single mark. Played like crazy after the 2.1 update and nothing, then my freind gets one in his sherman after 60 games. PISSED me off royally!! I ended up smashing my xbox to pieces it pissed me off so much. F--- that MoE F--- WOT

 

screenshots or it didn't happen! i'm calling bullshot!

AdmrHackett #69 Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16744 battles
  • 9,689
  • Member since:
    10-11-2013
All I know is I hadn't played my Deathstar since the X1 beta weekend. My first match in my Deathstar since X1 launch I get a mark.

LacqueredBacon #70 Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31215 battles
  • 5,917
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015
I read it again.  I think the information in the first paragraph and the first part of the second paragraph is correct.  The example is wrong.


 


TocFanKe4 #71 Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19697 battles
  • 22,781
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
I still don't see an answer to the question if the MoE is based on you position relative to the average of all players, or if it is a percentage of the best player in that 14 day period.  The first situation seems to be described in the text of the post, but the second situation is described in the example calculation.

 

I'm not Camping, I'm Glamping


LacqueredBacon #72 Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31215 battles
  • 5,917
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015

View PostTocFanKe4, on 08 October 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

I still don't see an answer to the question if the MoE is based on you position relative to the average of all players, or if it is a percentage of the best player in that 14 day period.  The first situation seems to be described in the text of the post, but the second situation is described in the example calculation.

 

That is what I am saying.  I think the example is wrong.  The example, in addition to simply being contrary to the description, also implies that one game makes a big difference.  If the best player gets 7000 total damage as the example states, does that mean I immediately get three marks if I beat that mark even though I was a potato in the previous 30 matches?  It seems to imply that could happen.


 


Saberwing WGA #73 Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 372 battles
  • 1,164
  • Member since:
    05-11-2015

View PostLOSTVENGENCE96, on 07 October 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

That WG account is sickening. With is someone supposed to do with 19.8 million gold? Lol.

I'd ask a question, but odds of getting a response doesn't ever seem high.

One can never have too much gold.



MaxChaos24 #74 Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12348 battles
  • 19,402
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostTocFanKe4, on 08 October 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

I still don't see an answer to the question if the MoE is based on you position relative to the average of all players, or if it is a percentage of the best player in that 14 day period.  The first situation seems to be described in the text of the post, but the second situation is described in the example calculation.

 

The 14 Days is based on the Global Data of all players who have played that tank. 

Gigantic Owl #75 Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21899 battles
  • 11,458
  • [RDDT]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014

View PostSaberwing WGA, on 08 October 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

One can never have too much gold.

 

Maybe I should test this...for science purposes.


 

An actual gameplay expert

 

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation


TocFanKe4 #76 Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19697 battles
  • 22,781
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 08 October 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

 

The 14 Days is based on the Global Data of all players who have played that tank. 

Thanks.  So I guess this means the example in the OP is incorrect. Your position is your percentile rank compared to all players in that fortnight.


 

I'm not Camping, I'm Glamping


XBattleAxeX #77 Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:15 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 37472 battles
  • 1,851
  • [OFF]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2014

View PostWGWPAIN, on 08 October 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

 

We'll update the article based on additional questions in this thread and publish it on the portal at least if not the wiki.

 

Thanks Pain...

"QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI"

 

 


exhaustedman #78 Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28478 battles
  • 513
  • [WTAF]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2014

View PostSlipperyBat3354, on 08 October 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

 

That is what I am saying.  I think the example is wrong.  The example, in addition to simply being contrary to the description, also implies that one game makes a big difference.  If the best player gets 7000 total damage as the example states, does that mean I immediately get three marks if I beat that mark even though I was a potato in the previous 30 matches?  It seems to imply that could happen.

I think you may be confusing yourself. The 7000 number would be the top players average. So yes, if you beat that average you would have 3 marks. But your average would have to beat it. Not one games' result. 



PHOBIA bAe2OO5k #79 Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 15572 battles
  • 3,849
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

But we still do not know what our average assist damage is so showing us a % mark is no different from showing us nothing. I know that in a game with my T57 heavy I did 6k damage and no spotting ( himmlesdorf ) and increased my percent by half, with half the damage and half the assist in another game it increased by 1%.

 

Whilst I know that you need both to increase your EMA, not knowing what the average assist on your tank or the average on other tanks makes it difficult to know what to go for so typically to win games try and do as much damage as possible will mean your assist drops but you won't know what the current level is thus meaning you have to play several games and keep track of the stats to work out a very estimated average as  did with the T29 to which rhymeswithN00bs  will know all to well about :p


View PostMobius Y, on 15 January 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

 

Give it a few licks and find out.

 

If you play as arty, you're showing off your single digit IQ level

MaxChaos24 #80 Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12348 battles
  • 19,402
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostPHOBIA bAe2OO5k, on 08 October 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

But we still do not know what our average assist damage is so showing us a % mark is no different from showing us nothing. I know that in a game with my T57 heavy I did 6k damage and no spotting ( himmlesdorf ) and increased my percent by half, with half the damage and half the assist in another game it increased by 1%.

 

Whilst I know that you need both to increase your EMA, not knowing what the average assist on your tank or the average on other tanks makes it difficult to know what to go for so typically to win games try and do as much damage as possible will mean your assist drops but you won't know what the current level is thus meaning you have to play several games and keep track of the stats to work out a very estimated average as  did with the T29 to which rhymeswithN00bs  will know all to well about :p

 

Assist damage and Damage are not two separate categories. They are combined together. The % displayed is your total Damage (Damage + Assist Damage) where you are currently ranked. Once that % hits the target amounts, you will earn in. 




4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users