Probably a daft question, but about assisted damage?

Assisted damage

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Zulu Calm #1 Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

Does assisted damage count in the measure of DC/R?

If not, why not?

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

HooverRAD #2 Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32116 battles
I don't know this one, but would assume because it isn't you that's doing the damage, and you'd only get half anyway, that it wouldn't count.

Alba gu bràth

Go check out the Unofficial forum.. http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

Tha an h-a-mhàin deoc cò bod nas-fheàrr na bò mhair bò bhràmair

SteampunkPagan #3 Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:18 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 92901 battles
  • [HDC-R]
I think it should since you helped cause the damage by spotting or tracking. Good question and thanks for the topic.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Zulu Calm #4 Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

Thanks guys, I'm wondering this because about to start properly in the wonderful world of scouts and was interested. I know they count for MOEs but thought they should in DC/R as well.

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

SteampunkPagan #5 Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:27 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 92901 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostHooverRAD, on 18 October 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

I don't know this one, but would assume because it isn't you that's doing the damage, and you'd only get half anyway, that it wouldn't count.

View PostZulu Calm, on 18 October 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

Thanks guys, I'm wondering this because about to start properly in the wonderful world of scouts and was interested. I know they count for MOEs but thought they should in DC/R as well.

My understanding is that at this time it does not count at all toward your DCR. That is why many not all light passive scouts suffer poor DCR. I might be wrong on both counts but, I think I remember JoeDaFrogman posting on this in the past. I wish even half went to it.

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 18 October 2015 - 09:28 AM.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

MaxChaos24 #6 Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:48 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13064 battles
  • [WGW]
Only damage that you do counts as D/CR. Assist damage is different as you are not doing the damage. We do have a suggestion ticket in to display assist damage as that is a light tanks main stat. 

SteampunkPagan #7 Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 92901 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 18 October 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

Only damage that you do counts as D/CR. Assist damage is different as you are not doing the damage. We do have a suggestion ticket in to display assist damage as that is a light tanks main stat. 

WOW I got it right...lol. Thanks for putting the ticket in and lets hope!

UR TANK SPLODED #8 Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11948 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 18 October 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

LOL that request is only 4 years old, Max.  Now THAT I would be surprised to see.  The assist stat? Its the holy grail of stetpetters.  Never gonna happen.

FifStreet315 #9 Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15068 battles
  • [-OFF-]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 18 October 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

Yes please.  

C12AZY3Y3S #10 Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12429 battles
  • [MAXBH]
Why would assist factor into damage caused? Last I checked you can't spot a guy to death, someone needs to be doing damage.

Hellseer #11 Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7429 battles
[edited]. You still should be doing a great amount of regular damage in a LT.

Assisting is map dependant. Most of the time there are here few locations you can actually get spotting assists. People at later tiers don't need you because the average engagement is under 400.

Then those times when they do need you? You can't do much because you'll get slaughtered anyway.

So to sit here and say damage isn't important is ridiculous. This game boils down to whoever does the most damage for less.

Assists help that but you can ALWAYS commit to the match damage wise. Just look at my scout kills and remember the scout lines were the first ones I went up.

I didn't have ANY crew skills trained till the AMX 13 90. Or any on the T71.

I didn't have equipment half of the time. Maybe just a camo net.

And I was still doing very well. Except for the T21.

Hellseer #12 Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7429 battles
[edited]. You still should be doing a great amount of regular damage in a LT.

Assisting is map dependant. Most of the time there are here few locations you can actually get spotting assists. People at later tiers don't need you because the average engagement is under 400.

Then those times when they do need you? You can't do much because you'll get slaughtered anyway.

So to sit here and say damage isn't important is ridiculous. This game boils down to whoever does the most damage for less.

Assists help that but you can ALWAYS commit to the match damage wise. Just look at my scout kills and remember the scout lines were the first ones I went up.

I didn't have ANY crew skills trained till the AMX 13 90. Or any on the T71.

I didn't have equipment half of the time. Maybe just a camo net.

And I was still doing very well. Except for the T21.

Also tagged with Assisted damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users