Crew Skills and Perks

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

Highlordwurm #181 Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17781 battles
Thanks, guys! I appreciate the info sharing, best way to learn! That deserves an old school emoticon :)

robertthred #182 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:10 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 21681 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View PostCLoKeSTa, on 06 June 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

Here's the problem I have with WG always being so vague, they are hiding something. No? Then post it. It's too complicated? Really? Was it to complicated to program? Hmmmm, it took a human being to program it. I'm a human being, Explain! Takes to long to explain? Don't decipher it then, post it. It's a secret? Say so. Stop hiding behind the assumption that we, the players, are imbeciles and explain.

WoT is a game, a program. It is a code. This code has to be programmed. This program has to eventually be broken all the way down to Binary, mathmatics. Everything mathematical has numbers, at the lowest logic level they are 0s and 1s, Hi and Low, these numbers have to be processed, calculated.

This calculation or code, that apparently makes Iron Mace impossible to give a quantitative measurement for, has to have a uniform similarity, otherwise each tank, every single one, was programmed uniquely with it's own mathematical equasion for this skill once the Bogatyr crew is in it. Yeah, I'm not buying that. There is a universal equation used to determine how Iron Mace affects penetration loss over distance, sure it can change with each tank. So what is the uniform similarity and what are the parameters that cause this change?

I'm tired of hearing "it does something", push the big red button labeled "I believe" . I don't believe, explain or release the information and let us explain.

Crew xp calculations come to mind anyone?

Its nice to see I'm not the only one that feels this way. I get sick of these mystery bonuses.

Veni, vidi, volui, et infinita victus interiit
{I came, I saw, I tried, and I was defeated by infinite stupidity}

Apofa #183 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 72607 battles
In the PC version 25 perks and everything can be opened.
In the console version 32 perks + several special.
Why, after the opening of the 25th perk, the pumping of the crew stops?

The game exists more than 3 years.
This problem becomes urgent.

Dear developers, I'm waiting for your comments))

Max, where are you?

BEG 4 Rum #184 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19854 battles
  • [4-ATD]
What does it take for crew to level up?

Pawel Broda 73 #185 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32451 battles

crude minds x11 #186 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19776 battles
i really dont see much difference with these perks and skills , even buying a new tank works just as good , i think it's bull . this game is becoming ridiculous , we can't even win on a regular basis , i really don't understand how others can have good stats ,i've been at 47%,48% since the beginning when it started , 
Track em down &roll over em!

Tight_Fade9 #187 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3340 battles
Any idea when we will be able to use free xp to level crews again?

JelliedPenny08 #188 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16249 battles

View PostTight_Fade9, on 20 February 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

Any idea when we will be able to use free xp to level crews again?

It seems to come up every couple of months, so I think we're due another soon. Maybe message Raibot01 if it doesn't happen or get announced soon. 

View Postcrude minds x11, on 20 February 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

i really dont see much difference with these perks and skills , even buying a new tank works just as good , i think it's bull . this game is becoming ridiculous , we can't even win on a regular basis , i really don't understand how others can have good stats ,i've been at 47%,48% since the beginning when it started , 

Don't forget that more players are in the middle, so it takes longer to get through. Even if you are leap frogging other players as you improve, your win rate can be slow to respond to changes. Also if you had a rocky start it can take a long time to overcome that. I know I did / am...  :)

Most players look at WN8 values now instead of win rate. Use sites like www.wotinfo.net . They can help by showing your individual tanks and whether you need to hit more shots, do more damage or spot more reds etc. Once you've used it a couple of times you can look at your recent battles rather than overall to see how you progress. 

Just remember that stats are only a tool, don't let them rule you or play for them. It will suck the fun out of it. Also don't check them too often, it takes time for them to change. Everyone has good and bad tanks too, look for the things that you can try to change. 

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

Good luck!  :)

Edited by JelliedPenny08, 21 February 2018 - 02:18 AM.

NetoAH5 #189 Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20420 battles
  • [D-CKS]

View Postcrude minds x11, on 20 February 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

I beg to differ.  I believe crew skills really make a difference in how a tank reacts.  If you're playing below tier Vs you won't be able to perceive any huge difference and you can do fine with a rookie crew or a 1 skill crew.  But as you get to higher tiers, every edge you can get is necessary.

If you put a 10 skill crew and a no skill crew in the same tank you'll feel differences in how fast you reload, how quickly you can maneuver, even how accurately you hit your shots and so on.  This is enhanced by the equipment and consumables you use, particularly vents and food.  These two increase performance slightly.  It may be just a 0.5 second reload improvement or a .25 second aiming speed increase but these little things add up in the course of the battle and allow you to do more damage, get more penetrations and even bounce more shots.  If you're like some friends of mine that don't care about the crew they use and don't even put equipment on their tanks, that's fine, it's your choice after all.  But you cannot flat out state that it doesn't make any difference, because inevitably it does.

OldTimer778 #190 Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7876 battles
is there a maximum your crew can train or do they eventually have the chance to train them all if one had enough time to play ?
<a data-cke-saved-href='https://wotstatsconsole.de/player.php?name=OldTimer778&system=xbox' href='https://wotstatsconsole.de/player.php?name=OldTimer778&system=xbox' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='https://wotstatscons...778&system=xbox</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>https://wotstatscons...system=xbox</a></a>

CatBarf #191 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 51813 battles
  • [T-HED]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 13 November 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

Snap Shot: Improves accuracy during turret rotation by 7.5% when fully trained. The skill is more effective when combined with Vertical Stabilizer.

[Underline above added by me...]

Max, I've seen folks recommend Snap Shot for TD's and Artillery; however, I've never seen confirmation that this Skill works for turretless vehicles. Please confirm that Snap Shot works for Gun traverse as well as Turret traverse. Thanks.

(If it does apply, please have someone amend the description.)

CatBarf #192 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 51813 battles
  • [T-HED]

View PostOldTimer778, on 29 March 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

is there a maximum your crew can train or do they eventually have the chance to train them all if one had enough time to play ?

From the first paragraph of Skills and Perks: An Introduction, "Your Crew can have a maximum of 25 Skills and Perks."

TallDesert34426 #193 Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:56 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 63059 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostCatBarf, on 04 April 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Max, I've seen folks recommend Snap Shot for TD's and Artillery; however, I've never seen confirmation that this Skill works for turretless vehicles. Please confirm that Snap Shot works for Gun traverse as well as Turret traverse. Thanks.

(If it does apply, please have someone amend the description.)

Consider this confirmation, because Max has confirmed it before.

So it is useful for Artillery & TD's(except for the Siege Mode TD's because they don't have any horizontal gun traverse)

I never used food until after 60K battles, about 100 tanks 3-marked, and over 200 tanks with Ace Mastery Badges. Also, I start a new crew from scratch with every vehicle.

LacqueredBacon #194 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35384 battles

Max,

For designated target to work, do you actively have to "mark" a target?

AKalashnikovT #195 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15549 battles
  • [ASH]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 16 November 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

Any skill or perk that is 100% trained continues to work, even if your crew is not back to 100% yet. You just have to train your crew to 100% before you can continue training your current skill/perk.

Very good to know, I had this question about my t57, I moved a crew that already had sixth sense and it continued to work even though it's greyed out.

Wroclaw #196 Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57249 battles

View PostLacqueredBacon, on 11 April 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Max,

For designated target to work, do you actively have to "mark" a target?

^ this is from april 2018.

what id like to also get answered, because its been speculation, is whether or not Designated Target makes them stay highlighted for all your teammates as well, or is it only you that sees the extra 2 seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users