Jump to content


Crew Skills and Perks


  • Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

CLoKeSTa #161 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14364 battles
  • 2,005
  • [LIBR8]
  • Member since:
    04-21-2016

View PostPawel Broda 73, on 06 April 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Mentor skill is great when we use

1.) Low tier premium tank with bonus +60%.to earn xp.and.standart +25% to crew.training

2.) Premium account +50% to earn xp

3.) Daily operations to earn xp (for exampe +250xp,  +500xp, +750xp, +25%xp or +50%) and combinations of them

All could give as 30~35% maybe 50% extra xp then base xp, ( additioanly when we have a Mentor skill.)

30~50% sounds better ?

Please don't belive me, check Wargaming calculator made by MaxChaos24.

 

I'm pro mentor here.

 

You are incorrect or at least your wording is incorrect. Mentor (alone) is a strict 10% bonus to the total crew xp earned in battle. This can be increased to a maximum of 12% when BIA, Vents, and Food are utilized with a Mastered crew. Post battle xp OPs are not increased by Mentor.

 

I believe the point you were trying to make is the cumlative effects those things have when totaled, and then multipled by Mentor, which is substantial to the crew training rate. I want every single increase in crew xp that is possible, every battle I play. This is my side of the argument and why I utilize Mentor on every crew (and it's almost 50 crews), time savings vs skill benefit (relative to selected Mentor skill slot #).

 

Anti-Mentor players (that fully understand the pros and cons) believe that this improvement in crew xp gain isn't worth the delay of the first "usable" skill until Mentor is swapped, I disagree, but it is HIGHLY situational and preference dependant. It's why the arguement will never die. 

 

One thing is crystal clear, never use mentor if you don't ever swap it.


 

-Clokesta

 

RNG Tank Operations, NEVER AGAIN!


mhogee #162 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39388 battles
  • 1,715
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

MaxChaos could you please update this thread to include the recent skills and perks added to WOT

 

I have no details for the special crew in the bogatyr

 

need some numbers please 

 

mostly curious when will it kick in and is it shell type restricted ? ie: no lose of pen on a HE round?


Edited by mhogee, 05 June 2017 - 06:22 PM.


MaxChaos24 #163 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13272 battles
  • 20,977
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postmhogee, on 05 June 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

MaxChaos could you please update this thread to include the recent skills and perks added to WOT

 

I have no details for the special crew in the bogatyr

 

need some numbers please 

 

There are no numbers for that one. It's similar to repairs/firefighting/camouflage. There isn't a single number that can be used as it's different per round. I can add the normal description though! :great:

mhogee #164 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39388 battles
  • 1,715
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 05 June 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

 

There are no numbers for that one. It's similar to repairs/firefighting/camouflage. There isn't a single number that can be used as it's different per round. I can add the normal description though! :great:

 

hahaha anything will help... Trying to figure out how I am going to use this crew and in which tank

 

when you say no numbers does that mean on every shot it kicks in? or just 5% of the time ... kinda of confused

 

also another point of confusion is if the shell doesn't lose pen then is it rolling at its highest RNG Pen amount ... you know that plus/minus 25% RNG 


Edited by mhogee, 05 June 2017 - 06:29 PM.


MaxChaos24 #165 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13272 battles
  • 20,977
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postmhogee, on 05 June 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

 

hahaha anything will help... Trying to figure out how I am going to use this crew and in which tank

 

when you say no numbers does that mean on every shot it kicks in? or just 5% of the time ... kinda of confused

 

also another point of confusion is if the shell doesn't lose pen then is it rolling at its highest RNG Pen amount ... you know that plus/minus 25% RNG 

 

Works all the time, but the amount of pen lost varies depending per round and that rounds penetration values. Also keep in mind that HE rounds don't lose Penetration over distance. RNG is unaffected, it still does it's normal thing. 

mhogee #166 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39388 battles
  • 1,715
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 05 June 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

 

Works all the time, but the amount of pen lost varies depending per round and that rounds penetration values. Also keep in mind that HE rounds don't lose Penetration over distance. RNG is unaffected, it still does it's normal thing. 

 

thanks for the quick reply 

 

could you please write out a formal description of the perk/skill 

 

thanks in advance



MaxChaos24 #167 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13272 battles
  • 20,977
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postmhogee, on 05 June 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

 

thanks for the quick reply 

 

could you please write out a formal description of the perk/skill 

 

thanks in advance

 

It's already been added to the first post. 

mhogee #168 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39388 battles
  • 1,715
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 05 June 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

 

It's already been added to the first post. 

 

"Iron Mace" Legendary Skill (which increases your shells chance to retain its penetration value over distance)

 

Okay so not effective on HE because HE doesn't lose Pen over distance

 

on AP/APCR when we fire WG will factor in the RNG pen +/- 25% and iron mace will guide the shell with the preset RNG pen to its target with a chance to retain its Penetrations vaule............. I think thats what it does...

 

What is that chance of retaining its Penetration? 

 

 



MaxChaos24 #169 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13272 battles
  • 20,977
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postmhogee, on 05 June 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

 

"Iron Mace" Legendary Skill (which increases your shells chance to retain its penetration value over distance)

 

Okay so not effective on HE because HE doesn't lose Pen over distance

 

on AP/APCR when we fire WG will factor in the RNG pen +/- 25% and iron mace will guide the shell with the preset RNG pen to its target with a chance to retain its Penetrations vaule............. I think thats what it does...

 

What is that chance of retaining its Penetration? 

 

 

 

There is no chance at retaining penetration values. You will lose penetration at distance, you just won't lose as much. 

Iron Mace: Decreases the effect of range on the penetration ability of fired rounds.

 



CLoKeSTa #170 Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14364 battles
  • 2,005
  • [LIBR8]
  • Member since:
    04-21-2016

See this thread for more info and recommendations on Iron Mace usage.

http://forum-console...__fromsearch__1

 


 

-Clokesta

 

RNG Tank Operations, NEVER AGAIN!


mhogee #171 Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:11 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39388 battles
  • 1,715
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostCLoKeSTa, on 05 June 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

See this thread for more info and recommendations on Iron Mace usage.

http://forum-console...__fromsearch__1

 

 

thanks the thread was a good read ...

 

tbh I was only interested in the skill if it made my kv2 super OP LOL

 

tho I still dont understand how a numberic value cant be given on how much less pen is lost

 

should this Iron Mace skill be renamed sugar pill skill?!?!  JK... kinda lol


Edited by mhogee, 06 June 2017 - 04:15 AM.


emperordennis #172 Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:44 AM

    Captain

  • Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • 1,761
  • [THE]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View Postmhogee, on 06 June 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

 

thanks the thread was a good read ...

 

tbh I was only interested in the skill if it made my kv2 super OP LOL

 

tho I still dont understand how a numberic value cant be given on how much less pen is lost

 

should this Iron Mace skill be renamed sugar pill skill?!?!  JK... kinda lol

What max is trying to say I think is that it varies to much to give  a number. 

For example (I AM MAKING THESE NUMBERS UP PEOPLE) :

AP on the E-25 will lose 10% less pen when the skill is activated, but AP on the M46 Patton will lose only 7% less when the skill is activated. 

 

Max, it might help if you can give an estimate. For example: the average effect is 10% less pen loss for AP, and 5% less pen loss for APCR. The exact value is still different per tank but it gives us an idea. However, if the values vary too much I understand if this can't be done. 


Very good guide: Beta582's Guide to Everything

 

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

 


CLoKeSTa #173 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14364 battles
  • 2,005
  • [LIBR8]
  • Member since:
    04-21-2016

Here's the problem I have with WG always being so vague, they are hiding something. No? Then post it. It's too complicated? Really? Was it to complicated to program? Hmmmm, it took a human being to program it. I'm a human being, Explain! Takes to long to explain? Don't decipher it then, post it. It's a secret? Say so. Stop hiding behind the assumption that we, the players, are imbeciles and explain.

 

WoT is a game, a program. It is a code. This code has to be programmed. This program has to eventually be broken all the way down to Binary, mathmatics. Everything mathematical has numbers, at the lowest logic level they are 0s and 1s, Hi and Low, these numbers have to be processed, calculated.

 

This calculation or code, that apparently makes Iron Mace impossible to give a quantitative measurement for, has to have a uniform similarity, otherwise each tank, every single one, was programmed uniquely with it's own mathematical equasion for this skill once the Bogatyr crew is in it. Yeah, I'm not buying that. There is a universal equation used to determine how Iron Mace affects penetration loss over distance, sure it can change with each tank. So what is the uniform similarity and what are the parameters that cause this change?

 

I'm tired of hearing "it does something", push the big red button labeled "I believe" . I don't believe, explain or release the information and let us explain.

 

Crew xp calculations come to mind anyone?

 

 


Edited by CLoKeSTa, 06 June 2017 - 09:00 AM.

 

-Clokesta

 

RNG Tank Operations, NEVER AGAIN!


YoPapa59 #174 Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 66115 battles
  • 363
  • [2-CAV]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2014

View PostCLoKeSTa, on 05 June 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

See this thread for more info and recommendations on Iron Mace usage.

http://forum-console...__fromsearch__1

 

 

Very helpful Cloke -- Thanks

YoPapa59 #175 Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 66115 battles
  • 363
  • [2-CAV]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2014

View PostCLoKeSTa, on 06 April 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'm pro mentor here.

 

You are incorrect or at least your wording is incorrect. Mentor (alone) is a strict 10% bonus to the total crew xp earned in battle. This can be increased to a maximum of 12% when BIA, Vents, and Food are utilized with a Mastered crew. Post battle xp OPs are not increased by Mentor.

 

I believe the point you were trying to make is the cumlative effects those things have when totaled, and then multipled by Mentor, which is substantial to the crew training rate. I want every single increase in crew xp that is possible, every battle I play. This is my side of the argument and why I utilize Mentor on every crew (and it's almost 50 crews), time savings vs skill benefit (relative to selected Mentor skill slot #).

 

Anti-Mentor players (that fully understand the pros and cons) believe that this improvement in crew xp gain isn't worth the delay of the first "usable" skill until Mentor is swapped, I disagree, but it is HIGHLY situational and preference dependant. It's why the arguement will never die. 

 

One thing is crystal clear, never use mentor if you don't ever swap it.

 

Cloke is on target.  As always a tanker needs to research your tank, the combinations of Perks/Skills to improve it and your play style(s).  Don't forget consumables too.  There are some very good calculators out there.  The ideas are usually very good, but you have PC vs Console version considerations.  AND again I thank those who put them together and maintain them.  If possible, do some testing.  The tested may not match the printed.

 

Using some common sense one would think that "on average" a tank with 10 Perks/Skills will beat the same one with only 3 Perks/Skills.



Highlordwurm #176 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17750 battles
  • 587
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015
This is awesome!  So much of my frustrations comes from being unaware:  I remember when I started not understanding camo and spotting at all and almost quitting because of invisible snipers, doesn't happen nearly as much now!  I did have one question, though, that has been bothering me and is a source of debate amongst all my freinds.  In the description for Brothers in Arms, and I believe Vents are the same stat, what EXACTLY does 'major qualifications' mean?  I assume it means any skill that is dependant on your crew skill (accuracy, rotation speed, reload time, veiw range, camo) but that seems pretty OP.  Is there a definative list of what these skills are?  I have scoured the internet and cannot find a reliable answer.  Thanks!

 


CLoKeSTa #177 Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14364 battles
  • 2,005
  • [LIBR8]
  • Member since:
    04-21-2016

View PostHighlordwurm, on 06 June 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

This is awesome!  So much of my frustrations comes from being unaware:  I remember when I started not understanding camo and spotting at all and almost quitting because of invisible snipers, doesn't happen nearly as much now!  I did have one question, though, that has been bothering me and is a source of debate amongst all my freinds.  In the description for Brothers in Arms, and I believe Vents are the same stat, what EXACTLY does 'major qualifications' mean?  I assume it means any skill that is dependant on your crew skill (accuracy, rotation speed, reload time, veiw range, camo) but that seems pretty OP.  Is there a definative list of what these skills are?  I have scoured the internet and cannot find a reliable answer.  Thanks!

I have not seen an official and definitive answer to this question. Many of the descriptions, stats, mechanics, engines, etc is derived from the PC version of WoT and are worded accordingly (still).

 

From my reading and interaction with forumers (for I have never played on PC, so feel free to correct me here if wrong) is that the crew for each tank has an actual crew member, for each seat in that tank, that is trained individually! On console, we only train the Commander (thankfully!).

 

A tank requires a Commander (View Range, Crew Training), Gunner (Aim time), Loader (Load time), Driver (Movement and Camo) and Radioman (Radio range).

 

These rolls are played by a single crew member normally, but can be played by multiple crew members (i.e. two loaders) or multiple roles by the same crew member (i.e. the Commander does his job and is the radioman), this depends on each tank and it's size.

 

On PC, there are major skills (Mastery skills) and minor skills (SS, BIA, Camo, etc.) for each crew member since they are trained individually, we do not have this since we only train the Commander, therefore you are correct, the "major" skills are the actions that the crew performs (or the "Mastery skill" ).

 

Note of importance: Physical or mechanical limitations cannot be improved above Mastery skill level through training, only with equipment and consumables.

 

Example: The no matter how good your driver is you will never travel faster then the top transmission speed of the tank unless modified mechanically (Speed Govener removed consumable), BUT if your driver is injured, you drive slower because he is injured, or if knocked out, the commander (normally) will take over driving and you will drive slower, because he is filling his role and the commanders role. All of these roles are now no longer working at 100% effeciency of the current training (Mastery) level.

 

Taverses are a mechanical limitation and cannot be increased above their stated degree rotation speed. There are exceptions i.e. Clutch Breaking or engine consumables.

 

Note: The commander gives a 10% bonus to all crew member skills while he is alive, actually increasing stats above the listed values (this is relative to your crews current training Mastery Level). Therefore, the loss of the Commander reduces all crew member skills (morale of the crew, if you will) because this bonus is gone.


 

-Clokesta

 

RNG Tank Operations, NEVER AGAIN!


YoPapa59 #178 Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 66115 battles
  • 363
  • [2-CAV]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2014

View PostCLoKeSTa, on 07 June 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

I have not seen an official and definitive answer to this question. Many of the descriptions, stats, mechanics, engines, etc is derived from the PC version of WoT and are worded accordingly (still).

 

From my reading and interaction with forumers (for I have never played on PC, so feel free to correct me here if wrong) is that the crew for each tank has an actual crew member, for each seat in that tank, that is trained individually! On console, we only train the Commander (thankfully!).

 

A tank requires a Commander (View Range, Crew Training), Gunner (Aim time), Loader (Load time), Driver (Movement and Camo) and Radioman (Radio range).

 

These rolls are played by a single crew member normally, but can be played by multiple crew members (i.e. two loaders) or multiple roles by the same crew member (i.e. the Commander does his job and is the radioman), this depends on each tank and it's size.

 

On PC, there are major skills (Mastery skills) and minor skills (SS, BIA, Camo, etc.) for each crew member since they are trained individually, we do not have this since we only train the Commander, therefore you are correct, the "major" skills are the actions that the crew performs (or the "Mastery skill" ).

 

Note of importance: Physical or mechanical limitations cannot be improved above Mastery skill level through training, only with equipment and consumables.

 

Example: The no matter how good your driver is you will never travel faster then the top transmission speed of the tank unless modified mechanically (Speed Govener removed consumable), BUT if your driver is injured, you drive slower because he is injured, or if knocked out, the commander (normally) will take over driving and you will drive slower, because he is filling his role and the commanders role. All of these roles are now no longer working at 100% effeciency of the current training (Mastery) level.

 

Taverses are a mechanical limitation and cannot be increased above their stated degree rotation speed. There are exceptions i.e. Clutch Breaking or engine consumables.

 

Note: The commander gives a 10% bonus to all crew member skills while he is alive, actually increasing stats above the listed values (this is relative to your crews current training Mastery Level). Therefore, the loss of the Commander reduces all crew member skills (morale of the crew, if you will) because this bonus is gone.

 

Well stated Cloke.

 

Additionally, the Perks/Skills:

> are accumulative UP TO a value.  For instance a combination I like for view/detection range is BIA + Recon + Situational Awareness + Sixth Sense (for resiliency of the crew +Pain Tolerance +Last Stand).

> have more impact per tank specifics.  For instance a combination I like for auto loaders (improved loading time) is BIA + Pain Tolerance + Last Stand.

 

Please note how the above Perks/Skills overlap.  I did exclude equipment and consumables.  Also, while you are developing your crew, consider your equipment is a huge filler to.  This is part of the fun/interest that I have with the game.

 

The advantage is with the wallet warrior, but this is ok.  WG staff needs to eat too.  AND, WG is having these OPs so that Premium Tanks can be earned by the free players too.

The franchise may be in jeopardy if a proposed XP conversion for crew Perks/Skills is implemented.

 

Again, thanks for sharing Cloke



YoPapa59 #179 Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 66115 battles
  • 363
  • [2-CAV]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2014

View PostYoPapa59, on 07 June 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

 

Well stated Cloke.

 

Additionally, the Perks/Skills:

> are accumulative UP TO a value.  For instance a combination I like for view/detection range is BIA + Recon + Situational Awareness + Sixth Sense (for resiliency of the crew +Pain Tolerance +Last Stand).

> have more impact per tank specifics.  For instance a combination I like for auto loaders (improved loading time) is BIA + Pain Tolerance + Last Stand.

 

Please note how the above Perks/Skills overlap.  I did exclude equipment and consumables.  Also, while you are developing your crew, consider your equipment is a huge filler to.  This is part of the fun/interest that I have with the game.

 

The advantage is with the wallet warrior, but this is ok.  WG staff needs to eat too.  AND, WG is having these OPs so that Premium Tanks can be earned by the free players too.

The franchise may be in jeopardy if a proposed XP conversion for crew Perks/Skills is implemented.

 

Again, thanks for sharing Cloke

 

PS:  Many thanks to WG/Max for this forum thread:

"XP and Crew XP Calculator - Version 2.1"



CLoKeSTa #180 Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14364 battles
  • 2,005
  • [LIBR8]
  • Member since:
    04-21-2016

View PostYoPapa59, on 07 June 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

 

Well stated Cloke.

 

Additionally, the Perks/Skills:

> are accumulative UP TO a value.  For instance a combination I like for view/detection range is BIA + Recon + Situational Awareness + Sixth Sense (for resiliency of the crew +Pain Tolerance +Last Stand).

> have more impact per tank specifics.  For instance a combination I like for auto loaders (improved loading time) is BIA + Pain Tolerance + Last Stand.

 

Please note how the above Perks/Skills overlap.  I did exclude equipment and consumables.  Also, while you are developing your crew, consider your equipment is a huge filler to.  This is part of the fun/interest that I have with the game.

 

The advantage is with the wallet warrior, but this is ok.  WG staff needs to eat too.  AND, WG is having these OPs so that Premium Tanks can be earned by the free players too.

The franchise may be in jeopardy if a proposed XP conversion for crew Perks/Skills is implemented.

 

Again, thanks for sharing Cloke

:honoring:


 

-Clokesta

 

RNG Tank Operations, NEVER AGAIN!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users