Crew Skills and Perks

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

tjfbuckmaster #41 Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:47 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 391 battles

View Postemperordennis, on 24 January 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

I have never seen individual crew members so I don't really know. Aren't those filters for tank class/nations?

On the console version there are no crew members. So when you select the perk the entire crew sorta gets it anyway (although I believe it actually goes to the commander).

As for the boxes: When you get more than 15 skills the perks become like a "scrolling motion". You can get up to 25, but there is no room to show them all at once.

tjfbuckmaster #42 Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 391 battles
I was under same impression and accidently hit the d pad and bam. confussed! It actually does show individual crew members. Thanks for the box answer.

mockney_piers #43 Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9729 battles
  • [FILTH]

question.

If a crew is trained in tank A.

I then pay to move it to tank B at 75%, do some tanking.

If I were to move it back to tank A, I assume it'll cost, but does training remain at 100% or do you have to start all over again?

Am i right in thinking that crew skills will remain regardless?

Edited by mockney_piers, 27 January 2016 - 11:40 AM.

emperordennis #44 Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:05 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]

View Postmockney_piers, on 27 January 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

question.

If a crew is trained in tank A.

I then pay to move it to tank B at 75%, do some tanking.

If I were to move it back to tank A, I assume it'll cost, but does training remain at 100% or do you have to start all over again?

Am i right in thinking that crew skills will remain regardless?

1) No your crew will be back to 75% (assuming you paid the silver and not gold). So you will lose "Tank mastery" percentage every time you swap.

2) Crew skills remain regardless. If a crew skill/perk is FULLY trained they will be effective regardless of the "Tank mastery" of your crew. If a skill/perk is PARTIALLY trained (ie. you are still working on completing it) you will lose all benefits from that skill/perk until your crew is at 100% Tank mastery again. At least that is how I always understood.

Very good guide: Beta582's Guide to Everything

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

mockney_piers #45 Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9729 battles
  • [FILTH]

That's great, thanks so much, I suspected but didn't want to have to find out the hard way.

so are we best off just hanging on to a crew per tank and buying a new slot for a new tank then?

Best off in terms of the game, not my wallet? ;)

emperordennis #46 Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]

View Postmockney_piers, on 27 January 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

That's great, thanks so much, I suspected but didn't want to have to find out the hard way.

so are we best off just hanging on to a crew per tank and buying a new slot for a new tank then?

Best off in terms of the game, not my wallet? ;)

Highly depends on what you want.

Eventually you will run out of garage slots so that's the money aspect of things.

However if you have one crew per tank you will barely get any skills done, unless you play one tank alot after you are done.

If I move up the tech tree my crew is transfered along to the next tank. If I didn't like the old tank I'll sell, if I do I'll keep it and transfer my crew back once I want to play that tank again.

But if there is one regular tank that you want to play a lot even if you are done with it definitely keep the crew in. If you maybe might come back to the tank in 3 months or so: keep the tank but transfer the crew so you can keep working on skills/perks.

Very good guide: Beta582's Guide to Everything

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

mockney_piers #47 Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9729 battles
  • [FILTH]
thx again

SpartanFire71 #48 Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23814 battles
I may do it wrong, but I use mentor while training and hop from premium to premium vehicle.  Once it gets fully trained, I use 10 gold to swap for a skill or perk.  I then train on mentor again. I miss out on some xp by not having mentor ever fully trained, but figure it may be more beneficial to get a perk that doesn't work until 100% anyway.  I finally have one with 4 fully trained skills/perks, so I may leave mentor fully trained when it gets to 100%.

There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

Timid Tiffany #49 Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:28 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1122 battles
  • [DE]
Thanks for the info, I was looking for stats for muffled shot since I've mastered it recently.

rick007cmx1 #50 Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58056 battles

View PostArtyHarHar, on 07 January 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

Silent driving is a 50% camo boost to moving TDs and mediums?  Borsigs, Hellcats, 140's and Batchats need this?  Sounds like a perk that needs nerfed.  Light tankers, grab your pitchforks and torches !

Light tankers need a buff, or give then xray vision perk which would negate all camo from moving tanks. Or you could make Silent driving boost a light tanks camo by 50%​

rick007cmx1 #51 Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58056 battles

View PostSpartanFire71, on 18 February 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

I may do it wrong, but I use mentor while training and hop from premium to premium vehicle.  Once it gets fully trained, I use 10 gold to swap for a skill or perk.  I then train on mentor again. I miss out on some xp by not having mentor ever fully trained, but figure it may be more beneficial to get a perk that doesn't work until 100% anyway.  I finally have one with 4 fully trained skills/perks, so I may leave mentor fully trained when it gets to 100%.

That is how i do it.​

MAL1C10US1NT3NT #52 Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2426 battles

Question:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I retrain a crew with silver that already has a skill unlocked, my mastery will drop to 75%, but I will keep the unlocked skill, right?

Player_1_0000 #53 Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 4494 battles

View PostMAL1C10US1NT3NT, on 13 March 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I retrain a crew with silver that already has a skill unlocked, my mastery will drop to 75%, but I will keep the unlocked skill, right?

Yes it will.

MAL1C10US1NT3NT #54 Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:19 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2426 battles
That's what I thought. For some reason when I retrained the crew from my PzIIJ PS which came with a skill unlocked, and had been overtrained by maybe 10%, into a Luchs it transferred without the skill. Could this be a bug?

MaxChaos24 #55 Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:57 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13064 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostMAL1C10US1NT3NT, on 14 March 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

That's what I thought. For some reason when I retrained the crew from my PzIIJ PS which came with a skill unlocked, and had been overtrained by maybe 10%, into a Luchs it transferred without the skill. Could this be a bug?

From the sounds of it, you did not select a skill so you did not have a skill unlocked. Instead the XP was used to train your crew not a skill as you were doing the overtraining trick. You can't transfer a skill if you never trained one. If you have a skill then it will transfer. Hope that helps.

cyclingg #56 Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9707 battles
I am probably selecting/training my crew wrong.  I play my tank with a new crew and unlock all the upgrades until I make the tank Elite and purchase the next tank in the tree.  Then I would use a new crew in this new tank and keep the other crew in the Elite tank so that I can fully train them faster and start a Skill.  Now here is where I am getting confused.  I would eventually unlock a 3rd tank in the Tree and I would move my fully trained crew from the Elite tank to the 3rd new tank; I would pay the silver to train the crew in the new tank.  I read somewhere that once you move a crew to a new tank, that new tank becomes the crews home tank.  Then you are supposed to be able to move the crew from this home tank to an Elite tank without paying any silver/gold.  I tried this and I still had to pay the silver if I wanted the crew to go back to the Elite tank(I did not do this).  So, why would I have to pay to go back to the Elite tank to train faster and then bring the crew back to the new home tank?  I am using so much silver training and the training is taking so long.  What am I doing wrong?  I have not even trained a Skill yet.  I have a couple of crew at 50% Repairs Skill trained.  I even purchased some Premium time in order to see if the training/silver increases more than the non-premium account.  I do not see much of a difference.  Is it because I am just a very bad player?  Or am I training the crew wrong?  In my British fleet, I have 2 Elite tanks that have no crew (one is tier ii and I don't like it) and I have 2 other crews in one Elite tank and one working on unlocking the upgrades of the other tank.  How do I move crew between tanks without paying silver?  Once your tank is Elite, do you sell it if you do not like it?  Sorry, I am just not getting this.  I cannot seem to move crew into Elite Tanks without paying silver to train them again.

MaxChaos24 #57 Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:18 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13064 battles
  • [WGW]

View Postcyclingg, on 27 March 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

I am probably selecting/training my crew wrong.  I play my tank with a new crew and unlock all the upgrades until I make the tank Elite and purchase the next tank in the tree.  Then I would use a new crew in this new tank and keep the other crew in the Elite tank so that I can fully train them faster and start a Skill.  Now here is where I am getting confused.  I would eventually unlock a 3rd tank in the Tree and I would move my fully trained crew from the Elite tank to the 3rd new tank; I would pay the silver to train the crew in the new tank.  I read somewhere that once you move a crew to a new tank, that new tank becomes the crews home tank.  Then you are supposed to be able to move the crew from this home tank to an Elite tank without paying any silver/gold.  I tried this and I still had to pay the silver if I wanted the crew to go back to the Elite tank(I did not do this).  So, why would I have to pay to go back to the Elite tank to train faster and then bring the crew back to the new home tank?  I am using so much silver training and the training is taking so long.  What am I doing wrong?  I have not even trained a Skill yet.  I have a couple of crew at 50% Repairs Skill trained.  I even purchased some Premium time in order to see if the training/silver increases more than the non-premium account.  I do not see much of a difference.  Is it because I am just a very bad player?  Or am I training the crew wrong?  In my British fleet, I have 2 Elite tanks that have no crew (one is tier ii and I don't like it) and I have 2 other crews in one Elite tank and one working on unlocking the upgrades of the other tank.  How do I move crew between tanks without paying silver?  Once your tank is Elite, do you sell it if you do not like it?  Sorry, I am just not getting this.  I cannot seem to move crew into Elite Tanks without paying silver to train them again.

You had everything right until you said that people told you that you can send it to an Elite tank for free to train it. That is what is incorrect and where you are going wrong. You can only send your crews to a Premium Tank which will allow you to train up your crew and then return it back to its home tank for free.

cyclingg #58 Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:47 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9707 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 28 March 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

You had everything right until you said that people told you that you can send it to an Elite tank for free to train it. That is what is incorrect and where you are going wrong. You can only send your crews to a Premium Tank which will allow you to train up your crew and then return it back to its home tank for free.

Oh.  I thought it was for both types.  How do you get Premium tanks?  Are they the ones that you can only get if you pay gold for them?  Did I just not pay attention to if I got Premium tanks in the lower tiers?  Hmmm, that sucks if Premium tanks are the ones you pay gold for.

Mobius Y #59 Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15000 battles

View Postcyclingg, on 27 March 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

Oh.  I thought it was for both types.  How do you get Premium tanks?  Are they the ones that you can only get if you pay gold for them?  Did I just not pay attention to if I got Premium tanks in the lower tiers?  Hmmm, that sucks if Premium tanks are the ones you pay gold for.

Yes, they are the ones you pay Gold for.  However Wargaming has done several free giveaways for various premium tanks (mostly US ones) and there have been one or two long-running Chain Operations that ended with the player earning a free Premium tank as well.  Keep an eye out in the News section for these giveaways and take advantage of them.

Watch me stream games live > TwitchTwitter < Follow me for news and updates

I try to stream games every Friday evening at 9:00PM EST

I’m still around just not posting very much, send me a PM if you wish to communicate.

cyclingg #60 Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:08 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9707 battles

View PostMobius Y, on 28 March 2016 - 04:28 AM, said:

Yes, they are the ones you pay Gold for.  However Wargaming has done several free giveaways for various premium tanks (mostly US ones) and there have been one or two long-running Chain Operations that ended with the player earning a free Premium tank as well.  Keep an eye out in the News section for these giveaways and take advantage of them.

Thanks, Mobius Y.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users