The Beard Guys list of things that would make training rooms more awesome (and stream friendly)

Streaming Training Rooms

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DonThommo #1 Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 10603 battles
  • [GUYS]

We run a training rooms stream on Twitch every wednesday for a few hours and have a public training room full up for pretty much the whole thing. We close the room and open it again every couple of battles to give different people a chance of getting in, and even then it fills up in 30 seconds. So I feel we are probably one of the bigger users of the TR system. So here's a few things that would make TR's and our streams 100 times better!

1. The option to change an existing public room into a private one
  2. Clan only training rooms
  3. Turn off /ammo/firing or possibly damage
  4. Let us use the free cam, I know it's there ;)
  5. Make kicked people stay locked out for 30 seconds
  6. Changing the tier restrictions of an existing room

The first two are basically ways of getting around the fact that the Xbox system for inviting people manually is horrifically slow. Far to slow for it to be practical to do private rooms for any kind of stream event with more than 5 or 6 people. It would probably take a solid 15 minutes or more to invite 29 separate people.

At the moment we have to just hope that no random trolls get in the room and don't know that we are playing some mini game we have made up, it can get tricky policing that. If it was clan only that could help. Or at least make a public room then switch to private once full and kick any naughty ones (who then couldn't rejoin).

We would also LOVE to go games where we might have 2 tier 10 tanks versus 15 low tier tanks or whatever, at the moment we can't do it with a public room because people will just keep joining and filling both teams up.

We have lots of fun with TR's but it would make a MASSIVE different to the range of things we could do with our community on Twitch if even the first option was put in. It feels like it should be there as an option anyway and I'm not sure why it isn't..(changing a public room to private and vice versa).

I'll probably add to this when I remember other bits.

Thanks!

YouTube / TwitchTwitter / My stats on Xbox & PS4 / Our Discord Server

SGT Rock 1963 #2 Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:26 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 12476 battles

CHAT and training room comms. please. 1st Priority. Having to download a 3rd party link,Just to communicate is really unimaginable. But a real necessity. For it not to be implemented ingame, Is beyond comprehension. Thanks for your time, Great ideas as well Ben.

QuickyBaby said, "Going to place another tactical shot into that rock, Just there."

BuffonsNeedle #3 Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10075 battles

What about this:

If someone is trolling in a training room, the person running it will have the ability to ban that person from that game or the next match...

Ben this is so you don't have to remember who to kick.... :D because most of the time you forget who :D

Edited by BuffonsNeedle, 02 December 2015 - 01:31 AM.

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared." -Eddie Rickenbacker

Tier X researched and Gun Marks

DonThommo #4 Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:36 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 10603 battles
  • [GUYS]

View PostBuffonsNeedle, on 02 December 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

What about this:

If someone is trolling in a training room, the person running it will have the ability to ban that person from that game or the next match...

Ben this is so you don't have to remember who to kick.... :D because most of the time you forget who :D

If the host could kick people mid-game that could be useful in some situations. Although if the other changes were made there would be less need for it as the members would probably be being well behaved....ish

Nice profile pic btw :D

KaiserVonKrieg #5 Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13746 battles

Yes please.

Would help so much with the Scrimmages we have between clans.

No silver cost on anything would be cool too.

RedRider300 #6 Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11311 battles
  • [36PZR]
lower the silver cost

made by Violet Viper x

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

DonThommo #7 Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 10603 battles
  • [GUYS]

View PostKaiserVonKrieg, on 02 December 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

Yes please.

Would help so much with the Scrimmages we have between clans.

No silver cost on anything would be cool too.

View PostRedRider300, on 02 December 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

lower the silver cost

Would be nice but I don't see it happening. It's not really too much of an issue for us as I'll probably only blow through 100-200k over a few hours of streaming, but I imagine if you are doing clan battles using prem ammo and consumables it will cost you a fortune!

BuffonsNeedle #8 Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10075 battles

View PostDonThommo, on 01 December 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

If the host could kick people mid-game that could be useful in some situations. Although if the other changes were made there would be less need for it as the members would probably be being well behaved....ish

Nice profile pic btw :D

Yeah, but you will still always get that one troll who destroys all the fun... :(  I hope WG add these ideas. 

Thanks ;)

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared." -Eddie Rickenbacker

Tier X researched and Gun Marks

LadyObscura WGA #9 Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:49 AM

Publishing Associate - Console

• Administrator
  • 1491 battles

Good suggestions, some of which are in the works!

I'll pass this along :)

ghost cowboy 99 #10 Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:45 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6392 battles
  • [47R-2]
yea i like those ideas

Signature made by METALHELLIONx84

Also tagged with Streaming, Training Rooms

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users