Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12/07/2017)

mechanics ammo matchmaker guide help Beta582

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #61 Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31032 battles
Such a great thread and so many useful information here...+1 is all I can give it, but it deserves +100 at least...definitely should be a mandatory reading for WoT players

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

CraigH0lland #62 Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27812 battles
maybe update on ammo info could be useful such as auto ricochet on AP or APCR is 70-75degrees if it doesnt have the required over-matching ability, HEAT is 80 degree auto ricochet and HE never ricochets. so when considering the use of attacking certain tanks relying on slope Armour for auto bounce heat does good in certain situation.

Beta582 #63 Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19416 battles
  • [TANK]

View PostCraigH0lland, on 19 November 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

maybe update on ammo info could be useful such as auto ricochet on AP or APCR is 70-75degrees if it doesnt have the required over-matching ability, HEAT is 80 degree auto ricochet and HE never ricochets. so when considering the use of attacking certain tanks relying on slope Armour for auto bounce heat does good in certain situation.

The information is already in Ammo Mechanics.

AP/APCR autobounce at 70 degrees.

HEAT autobounces at 85 degrees.

HE/HEP/HESH never bounce.

Double and triple overmatch mechanics are also in Ammo Mechanics.

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

Beta582 #64 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19416 battles
  • [TANK]

Update 12/07/2017:

With the addition of Update 4.2, Detected! was removed and replaced with Targeted. It turns on instandly when you are spotted and actively have an enemy players camera (not the gun) facing you. If they look away from you but you are still spotted, Targeted will turn off instantly. Artillerys overhead Strategic View will not set off Targeted. Added this information as Targeted Mechanic under the Vision Mechanics section.

Huge matchmaking changes were implemented with lights tanks losing scout matchmaking. Added updated charts for Unique Battle Tiers and Individual Vehicle Weight to the Matchmaking section.

Removed View Range with various consumables under the Tank Stats section as I have scrapped that project. Accuracies and Aim Times with various consumables will remain for the time being.

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

Homer 5imp5on #65 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18184 battles
  • [MAS]

Very accurate guide. Thanks for sharing.

A couple of questions: wich is the difference (if exist) between ricochet and bounce?

A clan mate says that ricochet angle is 80° instead of 85° like you write (I'm agree with you).

Beta582 #66 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19416 battles
  • [TANK]

View PostHomer 5imp5on, on 13 March 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Very accurate guide. Thanks for sharing.

A couple of questions: wich is the difference (if exist) between ricochet and bounce?

A clan mate says that ricochet angle is 80° instead of 85° like you write (I'm agree with you).

Thanks!

In general, ricochet and bounce are quite interchangeable. A round must pass multiple checks before it is considered a penetration such as angle of impact, effective armor thickness, spaced armor, normalization, etc... 

That being said however, there is such a thing as "autobounce/autoricochet angle". This is the angle of impact where a round will always bounce (*unless it triple overmatches the armor). The autobounce angles vary for each round type as follows.

Autobounce angle for AP and APCR/APDS is 70 degrees from perpendicular.

Autobounce angle for HEAT is 85 degrees from perpendicular (was 80 degrees a long time ago).

HE, HESH, HEP, and Premium HE do not bounce but can be absorbed by spaced armor or armor thickness leading to no damage (this can also cause the commander to say something along the lines of "That one bounced" which can be misleading).

*Triple overmatch is only applicable to AP and APCR/APDS rounds and is when the guns caliber is more than three times the base armor thickness of the point of impact. Example: 100mm gun will always penetrate a 30mm plate with AP and APCR/APDS regardless of impact angle.

Sorry if this is a bit much but wanted to try and cover all bases here. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

EDIT: Formatting so it is less of a wall of text.

Homer 5imp5on #67 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18184 battles
  • [MAS]

Hi Beta582, I was talking with a clan mate and the question is:

does the development of a tank affect the tank weight in the matchmaking? I think no, but would like to be certain.

Thanks again

Beta582 #68 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19416 battles
  • [TANK]

View PostHomer 5imp5on, on 15 June 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

Hi Beta582, I was talking with a clan mate and the question is:

does the development of a tank affect the tank weight in the matchmaking? I think no, but would like to be certain.

Thanks again

If you are referring to various packages a vehicle has, then no. Packages do not have an effect on a vehicles matchmaking weight. A stock vehicle has the same matchmaking weight as a fully upgraded vehicle.

If you are referring to something else, please let me know.

Homer 5imp5on #69 Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:27 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18184 battles
  • [MAS]

View PostBeta582, on 15 June 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

If you are referring to various packages a vehicle has, then no. Packages do not have an effect on a vehicles matchmaking weight. A stock vehicle has the same matchmaking weight as a fully upgraded vehicle.

If you are referring to something else, please let me know.

Yes, I was referring to the packages of a tank.

Thank you

platinakis #70 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

Private

• Players
  • 26231 battles
  • [-GR-]

I think it's also interesting for players to know how, the crew ranking system works, how much XP is needed for each rank.

Also interesting for me is to have details on how the personal rating system works, which factors influence more the rating status.

Homer 5imp5on #71 Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18184 battles
  • [MAS]
Hi Beta852, about the crew rank, does it have any effect on crew performances? I think no, but I'll appreciate your opinion

Sadriel Fett #72 Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 25710 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostHomer 5imp5on, on 03 May 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

Hi Beta852, about the crew rank, does it have any effect on crew performances? I think no, but I'll appreciate your opinion

Here you go.  From the online Game Guide for Crew Academy.

https://console.worl...crew-central/#4

As your Crew gains more XP, they'll be promoted to more prestigious ranks. These ranks are just indicators of how battle-hardened your Crew is; they don't offer any in-game effects.

Hope that helps.  

"There's no such thing as "Arty Safe."  You have to play "Arty Aware."  You have to play "SmArty."

Also tagged with mechanics, ammo, matchmaker, guide, help, Beta582

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users