Jump to content


esport possibilities of the game

clanwars esport Global Map Strongholds Ratings PS4

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Zentriefugal #1 Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 990 battles
  • 76
  • [STOP]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

 

first of all, let me wish you all a happy, peaceful and healthy New Year! I am writing you today because of the upcoming PS4 release of World of Tanks.
 

We are 12 friends who are going to switch from the PC version of the game to the console version and we were wondering about the clanwar/esport possibilities of this one. In case, that none of us ever played the Xbox version, we don’t have any experience with that and hope to get some information from you guys.
 

  1. As far as we know, it will be possible to build up a clan at the release of the game (PS4 version). So what kinds of opportunities will this open to us in the official game client (Global Map, Strongholds or Ratings)?
  2. Are there any arrangements beside the official services that support clanwars or any kind of esport (like ESL or MLG)?



We will be thankful for any kind of information
Zentrie



AstuteVirgin #2 Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    01-04-2016

This game isn't esport suitable in my opinion, too inconsistent, unbalanced, and RNG based to ever be an esport game. The most successful esport games are games like Counter Strike and Dota 2, where almost zero RNG is involved and where a level of consistency is developed so that the pro's of said game can achieve victory by outplaying their opponents, and not have to worry about a stray shot or freak bounce ruining their tactical play.

 

If you lose to your opponent in CSGO it's almost always entirely because he outplayed you, either he aimed better than you or put himself in a position to give himself an advantage,usually both. In world of tanks it can be from a multitude of factors completely out of your control and not relative to skill at all like the enemy firing premium shells at you negating your heavy's armor or one of your shells deciding it wants to not hit anywhere near where you aimed. 


Edited by AstuteVirgin, 04 January 2016 - 06:47 AM.


UR TANK SPLODED #3 Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:47 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11948 battles
  • 2,677
  • Member since:
    11-01-2014
Welcome.  I am on Xbox, but also will be on PS4. Feel free to platoon sometime.   The console version of WOT is still testing the waters regarding clan wars and eSports.  We have clan tags and training rooms.  Console does not have reward tanks for missions or clans.  What we do have is very fast XP earning and easy climb the tech tree.  Plus silver is pretty easy to earn also.  Enjoy.

Zentriefugal #4 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:04 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 990 battles
  • 76
  • [STOP]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostAstuteVirgin, on 04 January 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

This game isn't esport suitable in my opinion, too inconsistent, unbalanced, and RNG based to ever be an esport game. The most successful esport games are games like Counter Strike and Dota 2, where almost zero RNG is involved and where a level of consistency is developed so that the pro's of said game can achieve victory by outplaying their opponents, and not have to worry about a stray shot or freak bounce ruining their tactical play.

 

If you lose to your opponent in CSGO it's almost always entirely because he outplayed you, either he aimed better than you or put himself in a position to give himself an advantage,usually both. In world of tanks it can be from a multitude of factors completely out of your control and not relative to skill at all like the enemy firing premium shells at you negating your heavy's armor or one of your shells deciding it wants to not hit anywhere near where you aimed. 

 

THX for your answer but that weren’t what I am looking for. This thread should more be about the opportunities instead of reasons or meanings.


Edited by Zentriefugal, 04 January 2016 - 07:04 AM.


KaiserVonKrieg #5 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14915 battles
  • 5,279
  • [-NS-]
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015

View PostAstuteVirgin, on 04 January 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

This game isn't esport suitable in my opinion, too inconsistent, unbalanced, and RNG based to ever be an esport game. The most successful esport games are games like Counter Strike and Dota 2, where almost zero RNG is involved and where a level of consistency is developed so that the pro's of said game can achieve victory by outplaying their opponents, and not have to worry about a stray shot or freak bounce ruining their tactical play.

 

If you lose to your opponent in CSGO it's almost always entirely because he outplayed you, either he aimed better than you or put himself in a position to give himself an advantage,usually both. In world of tanks it can be from a multitude of factors completely out of your control and not relative to skill at all like the enemy firing premium shells at you negating your heavy's armor or one of your shells deciding it wants to not hit anywhere near where you aimed. 

http://console.world...layers/8269192/

 

lol, who's forum alt is this?



allhavoc #6 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:16 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 51505 battles
  • 2,345
  • [10SR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Clans recently added.  There are a couple community organized tournaments, I believe now forming.

 

I am not involved unfortunately, but check the team play section of the forum.

 

Obviously, these are xbox clans and there is no cross-play.


[10SR]  


redmike1617 #7 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15283 battles
  • 323
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014

View PostAstuteVirgin, on 04 January 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

This game isn't esport suitable in my opinion, too inconsistent, unbalanced, and RNG based to ever be an esport game. The most successful esport games are games like Counter Strike and Dota 2, where almost zero RNG is involved and where a level of consistency is developed so that the pro's of said game can achieve victory by outplaying their opponents, and not have to worry about a stray shot or freak bounce ruining their tactical play.

 

If you lose to your opponent in CSGO it's almost always entirely because he outplayed you, either he aimed better than you or put himself in a position to give himself an advantage,usually both. In world of tanks it can be from a multitude of factors completely out of your control and not relative to skill at all like the enemy firing premium shells at you negating your heavy's armor or one of your shells deciding it wants to not hit anywhere near where you aimed. 

 

If you are going to comment on the game, you should at least play it. You haven't had a single battle.

Brevokh #8 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:27 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 3919 battles
  • 1,303
  • [1CAD]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

View Postredmike1617, on 04 January 2016 - 02:25 AM, said:

 

If you are going to comment on the game, you should at least play it. You haven't had a single battle.

 

he's obviously an alt...

PredatorXXIX #9 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:28 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19995 battles
  • 2,912
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostZentriefugal, on 04 January 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

 

THX for your answer but that weren’t what I am looking for. This thread should more be about the opportunities instead of reasons or meanings.

 

There is a current tourney that I am helping set up that starts on 01/16. It sounds like WG might support it in some way. It is Xbox only atm but I am sure someone could step up and do that for PS4 upon the full release

 


Thanks for the sick sig Violet

 

 


Brevokh #10 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 3919 battles
  • 1,303
  • [1CAD]
  • Member since:
    02-07-2014

View PostZentriefugal, on 04 January 2016 - 01:40 AM, said:

Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

 

first of all, let me wish you all a happy, peaceful and healthy New Year! I am writing you today because of the upcoming PS4 release of World of Tanks.
 

We are 12 friends who are going to switch from the PC version of the game to the console version and we were wondering about the clanwar/esport possibilities of this one. In case, that none of us ever played the Xbox version, we don’t have any experience with that and hope to get some information from you guys.
 

  1. As far as we know, it will be possible to build up a clan at the release of the game (PS4 version). So what kinds of opportunities will this open to us in the official game client (Global Map, Strongholds or Ratings)?
  2. Are there any arrangements beside the official services that support clanwars or any kind of esport (like ESL or MLG)?



We will be thankful for any kind of information
Zentrie

 

on PS4 there is at the moment not a single competetive following for WoT except you 12, but there are a few half dozen clans that actively do make-shift clan battles on Xbox. Clan Wars/Strongholds are being constructed but that's as far as that information goes. 

RRP #11 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 9936 battles
  • 11,658
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013
Competitive for console isn't looking to hot.

Thought I was an Atheist , till I realized Im a God.

[H] aving [A] nger [T] owards [E] veryone [R] eaching (S) uccess

My Fursona is a White and Blue wolf.






Also tagged with clanwars, esport, Global Map, Strongholds, Ratings, PS4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users