T28 Concept

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Veinous Maximus #1 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12444 battles
  • [WHAT]

yeah, this thing is a beast when used the right way. 1.5-4K damage is the norm..... 

Veinous Maximus #2 Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12444 battles
  • [WHAT]
And another from tonight.... Played about ten matches with it this evening....

Pontiac Pat #3 Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:18 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 21087 battles
  • [47R]
It's a barrel of laughs when you are flank support and a corner to work.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

KR4ZYKELT #4 Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:05 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25109 battles
  • [CBK]
I've read people rage about how "bad it is" yet I'm consistently putting up similar numbers. Very first game was a Top Gun, Mastery and 4.5k damage. My crew wasn't even trained!   

Edited by KR4ZYKELT, 05 January 2016 - 07:07 AM.

Goodnight Chesty Puller!

Zulu Calm #5 Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostKR4ZYKELT, on 05 January 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

I've read people rage about how "bad it is" yet I'm consistently putting up similar numbers. Very first game was a Top Gun, Mastery and 4.5k damage. My crew wasn't even trained!   

I'd agree but don't let anyone from the reds get behind you, then you might as well just put your controller down and go off and make a nice cup of tea.

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

LacqueredBacon #6 Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28264 battles
  • [NOCAP]

I got the Scorpion instead.

The T28 Concept looks very similar to the T28 and as much as I liked that machine, I had enough of it.  Does it play similarly?  If so, then I can see why you would have no problems doing well.  All the armor of the T28 but none of the knowledge (yet) of where to hit it.

Edited by SlipperyBat3354, 05 January 2016 - 01:16 PM.

Zulu Calm #7 Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSlipperyBat3354, on 05 January 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

I got the Scorpion instead.  This looked very similar to the T28 and as much as I liked that machine, I had enough of it.  Does it play similarly?  If so, then I can see why you would have no problems doing well.  All the armor of the T28 but none of the knowledge (yet) of where to hit it.

I'm confused and can't imagine two tanks looking and playing more differently. :) 

The Scorpion is tiny, has no amour at all, is nippy with great camo like say the E25.

The T28 is huge, has good amour, just alright mobility, no real camo and is like the other lumbering tanks, say the Tortoise (which I have to say I've never driven). It seems a tiny bit more mobile but not much. 

In answer to your question from the limited number of games I've had they play very differently. In the Scorpion your first instinct is 'where's the bush' and then you head for it quickly and relocate quickly when you're seen. It's like driving a go kart with a huge weapon.

In the T28, you think 'please no hills, no hills' and think 'where can I set up without moving too far where I can blast Opfor as soon as possible and as much as possible as if i have to move, it's going to take me a while to move anywhere else'. It's like driving a great big brick-house with a huge weapon.

Edited by Zulu Calm, 05 January 2016 - 01:14 PM.

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

LacqueredBacon #8 Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28264 battles
  • [NOCAP]

View PostZulu Calm, on 05 January 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

I'm confused and can't imagine two tanks looking and playing more differently. :)

The Scorpion is tiny, has no amour at all, is nippy with great camo like say the E25.

The T28 is huge, has good amour, just alright mobility, no real camo and is like the other lumbering tanks, say the Tortoise (which I have to say I've never driven). It seems a tiny bit more mobile but not much.

In answer to your question from the limited number of games I've had they play very differently. In the Scorpion your first instinct is 'where's the bush' and then you head for it quickly and relocate quickly when you're seen. It's like driving a go kart with a huge weapon.

In the T28, you think 'please no hills, no hills' and think 'where can I set up without moving too far where I can blast Opfor as soon as possible and as much as possible as if i have to move, it's going to take me a while to move anywhere else'. It's like driving a great big brick-house with a huge weapon.

My question was in regard to the T28 Concept vs the T28, not the Scorpion.  But I see why you were confused.  Will fix.

Edited by SlipperyBat3354, 05 January 2016 - 01:16 PM.

Tempest fox3 #9 Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18284 battles

View PostZulu Calm, on 05 January 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

When I'm driving the T28 HTC the first thing I think of is "Are there any corners I can fight around" or "Any hardcover I can use to hide my weak spots."

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Zulu Calm #10 Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSlipperyBat3354, on 05 January 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

My question was in regard to the T28 Concept vs the T28, not the Scorpion.  But I see why you were confused.  Will fix.

Sorry then, thanks for clarifying,thought it was strange. Good question though, I don't have the other T-28 so it'd be good to know the differences.

Zulu Calm #11 Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostTempest fox3, on 05 January 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

When I'm driving the T28 HTC the first thing I think of is "Are there any corners I can fight around" or "Any hardcover I can use to hide my weak spots."

Good thinking. Do you know if the erm...balls either side are weak spots?

Or are they boobs?

Edited by Zulu Calm, 05 January 2016 - 01:19 PM.

Tempest fox3 #12 Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18284 battles

View PostZulu Calm, on 05 January 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

Good thinking. Do you know if the erm...balls either side are weak spots?

Or are they boobs?

Yeah, the MG turrets on either side are the weakpoints. A lot of the tanks you meet can't penetrate you anywhere else frontally. 

If you come out from the corner of a building sorta like this 

http://www.screencou...eti26ii6rgu.jpg

Keeping the near side turret behind the corner of the building most tanks can't do anything to you without loading the gold. Even then they need at least 230mm penetration to have any hope in hell of penetrating you. 

Kinda why this tank is so dominant when top tier on urban maps or any map with a decent amount of hard cover to utilize in this way. You seen an Enemy T28 HTC do this to you and you don't have at least 230mm penetration your options are A) Load skill B) Rush him, their traverse speed is terribad so if they don't have back up and you have the health to take a hit from him rush him get behind or beside him and chew away C) Go somewhere else and fight something else. The Upper and Lower plate (Above and below the big red slab of armour) are both pre-angled at 67-70 degrees which is auto bounce. So Unless you're above him shooting down at him or he's above you coming over a hill. Never ever bother shooting the UFP or LFP. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users