Primer for new PS4 World of Tanks console. README, video tutorials within

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

xlordkarnagex #1 Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29235 battles

Hello, fellow tankers! As I'm sure most of you are aware and excited for, WG will be hosting another beta for the game, and I'm willing to bet that there are lots of people who have never played this game before.

I'd like to take the time to make a thread linking to, and talking about some videos that will help you as a player new to the game (but maybe not something like maybe call of duty of battlefield).

There are a lot of things that you will have to learn and it's not all very intuitive, it can be down-right intimidating even. Don't worry it's not that scary, you will figure it all out, and I am here to try to lend a helping hand. I'm not a great player or anything like that, don't get me wrong, but my goal is to have fun and help while supporting WG, and to help you have fun too. no fun if we aren't learning anything.

Okay, let's start off small and simple, these are the very basic noob tips, just really simple stuff to keep in mind at all times, presented with our,... umm, test subject? Yeah, let's call him that. sounds accurate.

This is Timmy's major list of "Do's and Don'ts" followed by some thoughts. Click show spoilers to see the list.

Beginner tips:

Spoiler

Okay, so those are the very basics, but there is still a lot to learn! Next few videos will be talking about various types of tanks and what they are best at and some basic jobs and strategies you can and should be trying to do with the different types of tanks.

It is important to remember that not all tanks have the same shape, size, gun, armor, speed or sight range and they all differ quite greatly, so while it may claim that heavy tanks are slow, or that tank destroyers have great armor, this may not necessarily be true for the tank that you are driving.

Tank classes:

Spoiler

Next up is how to buy new tanks and outfit them for battle things like consumables and a few other things I have not yet covered here. It may be a bit confusing at first, but don't let all of the tanks in the tank menu overwhelm you, it's pretty simple if you have been following so far.

Garage actions and spotting:

Spoiler

Finally, the more advanced stuff, camo and match-making, armor penetration and premium tank talk will be put here.

I'll try not to talk about them too much, they speak for themselves better than I can

Advanced game mechanics:

Spoiler

Premium tanks guides, I talked briefly about premium tanks earlier, here are some videos talking about how best to use a few of them

Of the ones listed, i have played and enjoy the Lowe for its great accuracy and overall gun and huge gun mantlet, the JT88 for it's great armor and insane amount of damage it can put out, as well as the t34 which is basically a glorified t29 with a bigger cannon.

Other great premium vehicles not listed here in no particular order are: Churchill 3, Sexton 1(us variant), Locust, Excelsior, Tog 2, Pz s35 Pz v/m10 e25, Dmax, Matilda bp, Valentine 2, is 6, any of these will make fine choices for your garage. but again pick the ones you like.

Premium tank reviews:

Spoiler

I posted as many videos from WG as i could and talked about them a bit, hoping to help out our new PS4 players.

I'll probably re-edit the post later when i'm feeling up to it but I will leave it as is for now.

Hopefully you have learned something and if you are a new player planning on tryin the beta this weekend leave a thumbs up and send this to your friends who are in the same boat.

Update: Added "Console" videos rather than "xbox videos" due to better information in them and more relevant, and elaborated more on a few subjects.

Added videos on spotting and platoons.

Going to look around forums for links to other useful threads and channels 

Thank you to Mrwuvems for providing nation/class specific guides.

Until then roll out tankers!

Edited by xlordkarnagex, 26 January 2016 - 12:03 AM.

Tier X's: LGHT: RHM PZW MED: M48 Patton, Action x, E 50 M, T-62A, OBJ. 140, Leopard 1 HVY:T110E5, T57, FV215b, Chieftain, E100, Maus, IS-7, IS-4, TD: T110E3,  FV215b 183, WT auf E 100, Jg.Pz E 100, Grille 15, Foch155 , Obj. 268, ARTY:  Obj 261,

Tier 9's: 122-54, T30

Tier 7's/8's: SU-101 /  T25/2, Ikv 90 B,O-NI M12, Crusader SP GW Tiger (p), AMX 13 75,

xlordkarnagex #2 Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29235 battles

Links to other helpful threads here, will update as necessary.

Be sure to check out  http://console.world...ut/game-guides/ for more detailed information on the things I talked about here.

Getting back your accidentally sold premium tanks: http://forum-console...-buyback-costs/

Youtubers/streamers: http://forum-console...ate-themselves/

skills: http://forum-console...ills-and-perks/

equipment: http://forum-console...t-should-i-use/

Actions that earn silver coins and xp: http://forum-console...-silver-and-xp/

Edited by xlordkarnagex, 07 January 2016 - 10:56 PM.

Tier X's: LGHT: RHM PZW MED: M48 Patton, Action x, E 50 M, T-62A, OBJ. 140, Leopard 1 HVY:T110E5, T57, FV215b, Chieftain, E100, Maus, IS-7, IS-4, TD: T110E3,  FV215b 183, WT auf E 100, Jg.Pz E 100, Grille 15, Foch155 , Obj. 268, ARTY:  Obj 261,

Tier 7's/8's: SU-101 /  T25/2, Ikv 90 B,O-NI M12, Crusader SP GW Tiger (p), AMX 13 75,

JMan1701 #3 Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:08 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3101 battles
Great primer for new players; well done.  Will be passing this around to my friends hopping on this weekend.

"Endless money forms the sinews of War." - Cicero

PSN:  JMan1701

Twitter: @JaysynLarrisen

www.Biomassed.net

SecndChance NoO #4 Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6024 battles

Welcome to the first pinned thread for PS4 Newcomers Section. 

That's some good stuff you got here. Shower this one with +1s folks.

Thank you for taking the time to put this all together and showing others how to get started. We all had to learn as we went, but this should help those who come here get out there and wreck them Reds.

Roll Out and Roll Strong!

MrWuvems #5 Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:41 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles

Some Guides I wrote what which will make you better:

Medium Tank/General Advice for After you get a little bit of Experience:

Terrain

Flow of Battle

Vision

Tank Setup

How to Equip your Tank (crews/equipment):

US Heavies

US Mediums

US Scouts/Autoloaders

UK Heavies

UK Mediums

UK Tank Destroyers

French Lights/Mediums

Artillery

German Tank Destroyers

German Mediums

German Heavies

Russian Mediums

Russian Tank Destroyers

Russian Heavies

I fully intend to at some point fill in the missing lines in the guides. Either PM me or make a request in the thread

zZGROGZz #6 Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19048 battles
Nice one xlordkarnagex and MrWuverns for posting these guides for our PS4 brothers and sisters. Cheers guys.

!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

MarccoPoolo #7 Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29340 battles
  • [_CZ_]

foolks need professional help. When added to a party and then wot I do not pluton comunication...In my party at my profile indikates 

a working microphone,but for other shows witch my teammates speakers x.I advise  me how to remove this error 

themaniac66 #8 Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:18 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4 battles
I'm new to this game and found these vids very helpful, thank you. :)

vVvSHARKvB1TEvVv #9 Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11346 battles
  • [WUXI]
these videos are great for first timers to the game.

FolkAttorney67 #10 Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:00 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9520 battles
Question, what are the differences between the two console versions of WoT? Like does the PS4 have all tank nations, premiums, and maps?

Need M103 Tips and Tricks? Go to "Folk's M103/ T110E5 Thread" in the American  Section.

Credits to Roni for Sig!

xlordkarnagex #11 Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29235 battles

View PostFolkAttorney67, on 19 August 2016 - 04:00 AM, said:

Question, what are the differences between the two console versions of WoT? Like does the PS4 have all tank nations, premiums, and maps?

Largely the difference is rare premium tank availability, everything else is pretty much synced up between the 3 consoles which are then largely based on data from the PC game which is roughly 1 year ahead of us at all times.

A good example of this is PC just recently got psychics, we won't have that for about a year, roughly.

There is very little differences from what I know.

There are a few very rare premium console exclusive tanks, but this is only pertinent if you are an extreme collector of prem tanks. I am a collector, I got far too many prems, but even I have taken some gambles and skipped a few of them due to bad marketing. the kanonen and original hydrostatic are 2 such examples of horrendous marketing. I can wait for kanonen in a year.

Edited by xlordkarnagex, 31 August 2016 - 11:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users