truth artillery arty

• Please log in to reply
17376 replies to this topic

Niko Power WGA #1 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:36 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 343 battles
  • [WGL-A]

So in efforts to keep the arty chats and debates in in place, we are going to keep this thread here. We've seen a lot of people asking about ways to consolidate the threads so they don't take over the boards. We did some searching around and noticed there were a lot of threads for arty all over the place. So from now on, let's please try and keep the arty chat here. Thank you everyone!!!

In the next few days we will be going through and dropping links to this thread. This will also go for any future arty posts. Please keep the arty thread here. Thanks so much. We are looking at a few other scattered topics as well to put in one thread.

And now, a word from MaxChaos24:

Hey guys! I wanted to make a post in this thread to hopefully get some more useful discussion happening here. Arguing with each other is not going to help anything and will not get a response. 

First, there are no current plans on changing artillery. WGWPAIN has posted before that there are just as many arty haters as there are lovers, so that means its pretty balanced. 

So now you're thinking, well if your not going to change arty, what's the point of this thread???

• What we would like to see and read is ideas on new features or mechanics that could be added that indirectly affect artillery to improve your experience when artillery is in the match. 
  • Examples:
    • Highlight a 4x4 grid on the map where the artillery is aiming. - This alerts players that artillery could be aiming at you so be careful when you are in this area. 
    • Maybe new crew skills that have counter-artillery abilities. 
      • Enhanced Radar - Gives you a rough direction of where the enemy artillery are located so you try to keep hard cover between you and the arty. (not available to light tanks for obvious reasons)
  • Things are that are constructive like this are the things that we are looking to see.
  • Things that are not constructive will be ignored
  • Examples:
    • Arty sucks
    • Remove Arty
    • Blue is my favorite color

We look forward to the ideas that you can come up with!

-Max

***Side Note:  These are just examples I came up with off the top of my head when writing the post. Nothing that is "in development"

CaliMeatWagon #2 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:39 PM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 14376 battles
  • [B2XX]

|

|

|

|

V

View PostWGWPAIN, on 17 February 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

Ruthless4u #3 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:39 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11182 battles
  • [SKREB]
Can we get wargaming official stance  on the current state of arty as well

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

RuefulCenturion #4 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22542 battles
Just make arty a forbidden word already. If someone starts a thread with arty in the title, tags, first post, it gets auto-deleted. :)

"What do you think of your team's execution?"

"I'm all for it." - John McKay

Unassuming Noob #5 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29709 battles
  • [IMTLS]
Seems like you are just sweeping a problem under the rug. If it wasn't an issue there wouldn't be so many posts about it.

'Arty safe' is an oxymoron. Balance does not exist at tier 10. WN8 3146

Saerbhreathach #6 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17536 battles
  • [LIGHT]

:great::great::great:

I'll be sure to link this thread in each and every arty thread that gets posted from this point on :honoring:

Saberwing WGA #7 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 372 battles

View PostUnassuming Noob, on 01 July 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Seems like you are just sweeping a problem under the rug. If it wasn't an issue there wouldn't be so many posts about it.

Not at all - we just want to encourage all discussion to take place in one thread, as opposed to cluttering up GD with a ton of them. Debate away :)

@eskaimusic // Senior Community Manager // World of Tanks Console

Part man, part internet.

Saberwing WGA #8 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 372 battles

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 01 July 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

:great::great::great:

I'll be sure to link this thread in each and every arty thread that gets posted from this point on :honoring:

Thanks!!

@eskaimusic // Senior Community Manager // World of Tanks Console

Part man, part internet.

CaliMeatWagon #9 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 14376 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostUnassuming Noob, on 01 July 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

The countless polls have shown that it's the vocal minority that has the problem with Arty and not the majority like the "Anti-Arty" crowd wants you to believe.

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

Saerbhreathach #10 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:48 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17536 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostUnassuming Noob, on 01 July 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Seems like you need to lose the tinfoil hat. This is a smart move. Rather then GD being overwhelmed with anti-arty threads there is now a singular place for all the complaining to take place.:great:

Ruthless4u #11 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11182 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostUnassuming Noob, on 01 July 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Not really, when it's typically the same small group of people repeatedly making new threads once their old ones lose steam.

Equality is a myth.

RuefulCenturion #12 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22542 battles

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 01 July 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Seems like you need to lose the tinfoil hat. This is a smart move. Rather then GD being overwhelmed with anti-arty threads there is now a singular place for all the complaining to take place.:great:

It should have its own sub-forum. Arty in all caps with bigger font size so people can find it.

"What do you think of your team's execution?"

"I'm all for it." - John McKay

Ruthless4u #13 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11182 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 01 July 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

It should have its own sub-forum. Arty in all caps with bigger font size so people can find it.

True lol. Wonder how long this will take to catch up to cry havocs post count.

Equality is a myth.

Saerbhreathach #14 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17536 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 01 July 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

Then there would be an entire sub-forum of complaining. And nothing else. This idea works, I've seen this done in other forums. With the help from helpful forumers posting links and reporting new arty threads the mods can "clean house" more effectively. Simply post a link, report the thread as a repeat arty thread a mod comes along does the same thing, posts a link to this thread and asks OP to post here rather then making another arty thread. No bans no warnings just a locking of the thread. It does work and it keeps the forums somewhat "clean" :)

SirDieALot53 #15 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
  • 20188 battles

Artillery should be reworked by changing the ammo types,  accuracy/RoF, and a War Thunder-esque system where arty position is gradually revealed to the enemy if they don't move.

HE: Low Damage, large splash, inaccurate, low pen

This is the area denial shell. Low damage (think 100-200 damage for a tier 8 arty) over a wide area. Rate of fire should be lowered significantly from what it is now.

AP: Medium Damage, no splash, semi-accurate, high pen

This is the "skill" shell. No splash, only semi-accurate but does better damage. You must be good at leading your target, anticipating his movements, and aiming at the right spots. 

:arta::arta::arta:

Ruthless4u #16 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11182 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostAnarchYxDieALot, on 01 July 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

Artillery should be reworked to be a LOW damage but LARGE area of effect weapon.  

It should be about area denial and making campers move, not 1-shotting tanks while praying to RNGesus.

Any open topped vehicles such as Alecto, borsig etc should still be able to be one shotted. Given that a direct hit would likely kill the unprotected crew and destroy any modules.

Equality is a myth.

Cruiser Abukuma #17 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12068 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostRuthless4u, on 01 July 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

True lol. Wonder how long this will take to catch up to cry havocs post count.

never, lol

"But you know, There is one thing I am proud of that I want to show to everyone. Just like me, like Shidou, I wasn't really born just to disappear. I was born to love you. Just you. Thank you, Shidou..."  - Mayuri

Ruthless4u #18 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:09 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11182 battles
  • [SKREB]

View Postx1onexxWarriorx, on 01 July 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

never, lol

given the issues that handfull have I give it six months.

For the record. Seeing my previous recent post on this are not able to be found.

I belive the beta 8.6 nerf to arty should be reinstated. The results of this nerf is obvious, although not the ones that the anti arty crowd would predict.

Equality is a myth.

ALF EXTREME #19 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 35008 battles
maybe if waragming would just fix the artillery they wouldn't have so many scumbag artillery threads

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

CaliMeatWagon #20 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:13 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 14376 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostALF EXTREME, on 01 July 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

maybe if waragming would just fix the artillery they wouldn't have so many scumbag artillery threads

Who says it's broken? 

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users