So in efforts to keep the arty chats and debates in in place, we are going to keep this thread here. We've seen a lot of people asking about ways to consolidate the threads so they don't take over the boards. We did some searching around and noticed there were a lot of threads for arty all over the place. So from now on, let's please try and keep the arty chat here. Thank you everyone!!!
In the next few days we will be going through and dropping links to this thread. This will also go for any future arty posts. Please keep the arty thread here. Thanks so much. We are looking at a few other scattered topics as well to put in one thread.
And now, a word from MaxChaos24:
Hey guys! I wanted to make a post in this thread to hopefully get some more useful discussion happening here. Arguing with each other is not going to help anything and will not get a response.
First, there are no current plans on changing artillery. WGWPAIN has posted before that there are just as many arty haters as there are lovers, so that means its pretty balanced.
So now you're thinking, well if your not going to change arty, what's the point of this thread???
- What we would like to see and read is ideas on new features or mechanics that could be added that indirectly affect artillery to improve your experience when artillery is in the match.
- Highlight a 4x4 grid on the map where the artillery is aiming. - This alerts players that artillery could be aiming at you so be careful when you are in this area.
- Maybe new crew skills that have counter-artillery abilities.
- Enhanced Radar - Gives you a rough direction of where the enemy artillery are located so you try to keep hard cover between you and the arty. (not available to light tanks for obvious reasons)
- Things are that are constructive like this are the things that we are looking to see.
- Things that are not constructive will be ignored
- Arty sucks
- Remove Arty
- Blue is my favorite color
We look forward to the ideas that you can come up with!
***Side Note: These are just examples I came up with off the top of my head when writing the post. Nothing that is "in development"