Official General Arty Chat

truth artillery arty

• Please log in to reply
16774 replies to this topic

themightyhobb #16761 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2698 battles

Wow, first response is an insult. Great way to greet a new member.

Though I am glad I didn't have to waste much time figuring out I shouldn't bother spending time here. Makes me sad though, I was hoping the players here would be nicer.

KillerDNA #16762 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28300 battles
  • [LIGHT]

there's a couple of butthurt arty haters in here that can't accept the fact that it's just a game. I've ignored them entirely and it's made my forum experience a bit better.

I know I'm not much better when I bash the crybabies though.

I gave you a +1 on the post because it is pretty spot on but you got to remember that american arty is the peak of EZ mode.

Edited by KillerDNA, 22 March 2017 - 09:32 PM.

Lycan T71 ** (Dot Dot Slash) / Cruiser Mk.II (Matilda Crusher) / Spähpanzer Ru 251 *** (Sucker Punch) / ELC AMX *** (Spider Ninji)

KV-2 ** (I'm a Derpaholic) / GwE-100 *** (Mighty Mammut) / FV304 *** (BERT the Daredevil) / S-51 *** (Finger of Death)

Light Tank Master Race 

LifeTilts #16763 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32436 battles
  • [TILTS]

View Postthemightyhobb, on 22 March 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

Though I am glad I didn't have to waste much time figuring out I shouldn't bother spending time here. Makes me sad though, I was hoping the players here would be nicer.

Ignore that guy he's the resident unitard, has never posted anything constructive. Sadly you've contributed more in one post than he has in 10k+

My Twitch Channel Mon, Wed, Fri 4-7+pm GMT / 11am-2+pm EST // Sat, Sun Random Times

Solo gameplay, Tank requests (260+ tanks), No premium spam and Giveaways

Gigantic Owl #16764 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20552 battles
  • [PG]

View PostLifeTilts, on 22 March 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

Ignore that guy he's the resident unitard, has never posted anything constructive. Sadly you've contributed more in one post than he has in 10k+

Meet my resident fanboy whos always jealous im better then him

Certified elitist stat shamer

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation

X1thebeast29X #16765 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12412 battles
  • [AVRG]

View Postthemightyhobb, on 22 March 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

If you post in this thread expect to get insulted regardless of your viewpoint. 

Shockingly Average Treasurer, Keeper of the Monies

Block Quote

Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]

Damn Elitists

Ruthless4u #16766 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:32 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10941 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostGigantic Owl, on 22 March 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

Meet my resident fanboy whos always jealous im better then him

Funny, I was about to say thing about you:trollface:

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

themightyhobb #16767 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2698 battles

View PostKillerDNA, on 22 March 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

there's a couple of butthurt arty haters in here that can't accept the fact that it's just a game. I've ignored them entirely and it's made my forum experience a bit better.

I know I'm not much better when I bash the crybabies though.

I gave you a +1 on the post because it is pretty spot on but you got to remember that american arty is the peak of EZ mode.

Thanks, that gives me hope.

I don't really care about my ranking on the team, or getting kills, so I don't know about "EZ" mode - aside from the fact that I get a lot of silver when using the M44 and primarily use it for that purpose.

As far as game enjoyment goes, I classify arties into two categories, those that annoy me and those that don't, and annoying pieces are ones that are simply a grind to get through. Where one falls mostly relates to how much time I have to spend waiting to shoot my next shot, or how long it takes me to get from one place to another. Though I can throw all types of vehicles into those two categories based on those criteria. The latest being that godawful Tier III Japanese heavy tank (though I hate it because of it's supremely weak armor, slow movement, and super weak gun - at least the gun reloaded fairly quickly even if it continually bounced off every tank I shot with it).

If the gun has a short reload, I don't mind the arty having a narrow arc and hull motion disrupting my aiming so much, or even a shorter range. The French SPGs fall into this category and I've done pretty well with them. I just recently got the Tier V and it's ok. I like the IV better though so far, but I don't think I have it fully upgraded yet so that opinion might change. I don't have a lot of skills on that crew either yet as it's my only French commander and I only started it when there was an event involving the French.

If the gun has short range and the carriage drives super slow, that annoys me. It means I spend a long time getting into position, and have no ability to evade when I'm caught. There was an early American one that was like that and I hated it, and there might be a Russian one too like that - but I haven't gone very far up the Russian track yet.

The Birch Gun isn't particularly fast, isn't particularly long ranged, and it has a weak punch, but I love it's turret and rate of fire. The FV304 is fun, and fast - really good to get into different positions, or run away from/evade the enemy. I like it even though it too has a weaker punch. I haven't gone any higher on the British track though, it was around that point that I switched over to the American track and haven't gotten back to it yet.

It starts to really annoy me when a gun takes over about 15 seconds to reload. For all the things I like about the M53/M55, its reload time annoys me - though I'm willing to forgive it on that due to how hard it hits. The M12, and to a slightly lesser degree the M40/M43 really annoyed me because they had a narrow arc, slow movement, and their shells did not usually hit hard enough to make up for how long I had to wait for reloading. If in addition to a long reload time, it has a large reticle even at its tightest, that really annoys me since it means a lot of shots will miss and I'll spend the whole battle watching a reload timer.

Edited by themightyhobb, 22 March 2017 - 10:57 PM.

Sly Indasky #16768 Posted Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5468 battles
  • [D12FR]

Just don't feed trolls, it'll be ok ^^

My first OS with M40/43, two days ago : 

OS1 M4043.jpg

Edited by Sly Indasky, Yesterday, 10:49 AM.

themightyhobb #16769 Posted Yesterday, 02:27 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2698 battles

View PostLifeTilts, on 22 March 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

Already am. ;)

Had someone send me a "Go to Hell" message last night after I blew him up with my M53/M55.

Ok... I really don't understand people who send "go to hell" messages to strangers who just happened to be the one to land the killing blow in one of thousands of battles. is he expecting me not to shoot at him, especially when he's the one leading the charge toward our base? I doubt he'd hold back when I'm in his sights. It was a tricky shot through a break in cover that got him and he was close to death anyway so it wasn't like a lucky ammo explosion one-shot. Maybe he was just a ragetard against arties, or perhaps he really needed to enter our base and I denied him his chance. Who knows - it's not like we won the battle anyway.

I restrained from messaging him back saying "Glad you like it so much you want me to join you. I'll be happy to keep sending you there", or maybe "I have a hard time killing good players. Killing you was easy," but I don't really want to be the kind of person that stokes fires. It never really ends well, and people like that aren't worth my time.

I was able to land some tricky shots that battle - one on a fast moving light tank that was harassing some teammates (didn't kill him or track him, but was still a solid hit), I took out one of the enemy arties in the first minute or two of the battle watching for his shots, and got several hits in a furball in the middle of a town that had a lot of cover. I tried to run when they came into the base, but couldn't quite get over the hill fast enough and got one-shotted - I should have moved earlier but that shot on the "go to hell" guy was my parting shot and it delayed me a little too long. The battle was pretty much over anyway, it was just me and a heavy left and he died moments after I did.

themightyhobb #16770 Posted Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2698 battles

View PostSly Indasky, on 23 March 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Just don't feed trolls, it'll be ok ^^

My first OS with M40/43, two days ago : 

OS1 M4043.jpg

Good job!

The M40/43 does hit hard sometimes, and harder still to get three or more kills in a battle due to its long re-load and narrow firing arc. I don't think I ever got more than four kills with it.

Sly Indasky #16771 Posted Yesterday, 04:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5468 battles
  • [D12FR]

Thanks.

And that was on 'so arty friendly map' Ruinberg ^^

Edited by Sly Indasky, Yesterday, 04:16 PM.

Dyslexsticks #16772 Posted Today, 09:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23930 battles

[X] T57 Heavy Tank, U.K Engineer, E-50M, Waffenträger auf E 100, Object 430, AMX 50b, IS-7, IS-4  [X]

#Inspiring quotes

"The clouds the graphics on the clouds r so bad and there so important because if the clouds r good utilities helps u win the game."

[///] T37, T71, M18 Hellcat, Cromwell, Comet, Centurion Mk.I, VK 16 Leopard, Sp. Pz. I C, Tiger I, Jpanther, WT auf Pz. IV, T-34, Object 416, T-10, AMX ELC bis, ARL 44, Chi-Ri, O-I Exp, Type T-34[\\\]

My captures | My WoTInfo statistics | Dyslexsticks's Forum Tips (Seeking ideas)

Sly Indasky #16773 Posted Today, 10:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5468 battles
  • [D12FR]

Ouch!

8 frags for that platoon...

Edited by Sly Indasky, Today, 10:47 AM.

Gigantic Owl #16774 Posted Today, 01:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20552 battles
  • [PG]
Shows how truly easymode arty is. Entire platoon fails except the point and click crutch arty.

Certified elitist stat shamer

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation

Dyslexsticks #16775 Posted Today, 01:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23930 battles

View PostSly Indasky, on 24 March 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Ouch!

8 frags for that platoon...

Yeah, I gotta admit I was quite salty over what that M53 did to my platoon. They were responsible for destroying 3 of the 4 in it with the exception being myself. Not like they were "kill-steals" either.

[X] T57 Heavy Tank, U.K Engineer, E-50M, Waffenträger auf E 100, Object 430, AMX 50b, IS-7, IS-4  [X]

#Inspiring quotes

"The clouds the graphics on the clouds r so bad and there so important because if the clouds r good utilities helps u win the game."

[///] T37, T71, M18 Hellcat, Cromwell, Comet, Centurion Mk.I, VK 16 Leopard, Sp. Pz. I C, Tiger I, Jpanther, WT auf Pz. IV, T-34, Object 416, T-10, AMX ELC bis, ARL 44, Chi-Ri, O-I Exp, Type T-34[\\\]

My captures | My WoTInfo statistics | Dyslexsticks's Forum Tips (Seeking ideas)

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users