truth artillery arty

• Please log in to reply
18133 replies to this topic

Playertd #18121 Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19195 battles

View PostAskingCupid78, on 18 March 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Artillery is the most broken and unbalanced class in the game, if you dont understand why then i am sorry, get Your facts straight.

Its a low risk high reward class .

It's the worst preforming class in the game. Low risk low reward is a lot more accurate lol.

4HPMvmm.jpg

AskingCupid78 #18122 Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39215 battles

View PostLifeTilts, on 20 March 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

You couldn't be more wrong.  Artillery is the riskiest class to play, you get spotted you die. Least rewarding too. I wasn't surprised you had no artillery experince beyond a tier 3. 

Piece of advice, don't post about subject matters you don't understand.

Well i do understand that you have been looking at what tanks i have and play, and you would probably love to statshame.

But lets get to the point i dont play artillery, because i know how broken it is.

But since you are so knowledgeable about the subject why dont you take what i have written earlier and make the counterarguments, and please do include some links to videos so that we all can see how balanced and well implemented artillery is, that cant be to much to ask for.

Dont just make the same old lame excuses, "but you should try it" or " it takes a special kind of skill", prove your points or shut it.

And of course it is so risky to sit at back of the map with your entire team betveen you and the enemy, i have allready covered that one, so fail one. try again.

And if you take a look at Wb addict you will se that artillery is one of the most profitable classes exept for premium tanks so fail two,try again.

Edited by AskingCupid78, 20 March 2019 - 03:59 PM.

BattlingNut #18123 Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22953 battles
You do realize they have to insert “bots” now because of low player count. At least in PC. I think it has hit consoles also but not sure yet. Anyway, I and my friends used to love the game but Wargaming has refused to acknowledge the problem. And as the result you can wittiness it’s demise on a yearly basis. Saying a problem doesn’t exist doesn’t make it go away. If they took a mode and made it tanks only, and the current version was also available it would solve all of this issue with artillery in one day. But they won’t because then they would have to admit they were wrong. Players have left by the thousands and additional tanks are doing nothing to help seen by tanks continual decline in popularity.

BattlingNut #18124 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22953 battles
I think after 39000 battles he understands lol 

LifeTilts #18125 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 40430 battles

View PostAskingCupid78, on 20 March 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Well i do understand that you have been looking at what tanks i have and play, and you would probably love to statshame.

But lets get to the point i dont play artillery, because i know how broken it is.

But since you are so knowledgeable about the subject why dont you take what i have written earlier and make the counterarguments, and please do include some links to videos so that we all can see how balanced and well implemented artillery is, that cant be to much to ask for.

Dont just make the same old lame excuses, "but you should try it" or " it takes a special kind of skill", prove your points or shut it.

And of course it is so risky to sit at back of the map with your entire team betveen you and the enemy, i have allready covered that one, so fail one. try again.

And if you take a look at Wb addict you will se that artillery is one of the most profitable classes exept for premium tanks so fail two,try again.

To correct you, you believe it's broken and you couldn't be further from the truth. If you don't want to believe me then have a look at the stats or are they faked by WG to hide the "truth"? 

It is too much to ask for unless you pay me a fair wage to educate you. I can easily prove artillery takes skill but then you'd accuse me of stat shaming.

Tanks can spot artillery fairly reliably at 400m, with maps of generally 800x800 or 1000x1000 how much of a safe zone do you think artillery players have when light tanks roam the field? When you hop into your tier 3 you don't experience this because your artillery is small and tanks are relatively blind and probably have to get within 200m. This is why there are so many ignorant arty haters out there and why arty players tell them to try it themselves.

Never heard of Wb addict but I'll check it out, unless the earnings for artillery have been overhauled in the past year or so it is a garbage barely break even class at high tiers.

My Twitch Channel Solo gameplay, Tank requests (300+ tanks), No premium spam.

LifeTilts #18126 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 40430 battles

View PostBattlingNut, on 21 March 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

I think after 39000 battles he understands lol 

It is surprising how ignorant many players are after tens of thousands of battles and even more surprising that a high WN8 doesn't make much of a difference in this regard.

AskingCupid78 #18127 Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39215 battles

View PostLifeTilts, on 21 March 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

To correct you, you believe it's broken and you couldn't be further from the truth. If you don't want to believe me then have a look at the stats or are they faked by WG to hide the "truth"? 

It is too much to ask for unless you pay me a fair wage to educate you. I can easily prove artillery takes skill but then you'd accuse me of stat shaming.

Tanks can spot artillery fairly reliably at 400m, with maps of generally 800x800 or 1000x1000 how much of a safe zone do you think artillery players have when light tanks roam the field? When you hop into your tier 3 you don't experience this because your artillery is small and tanks are relatively blind and probably have to get within 200m. This is why there are so many ignorant arty haters out there and why arty players tell them to try it themselves.

Never heard of Wb addict but I'll check it out, unless the earnings for artillery have been overhauled in the past year or so it is a garbage barely break even class at high tiers.

I was really looking forward to you making counterarguments, and posting links to videos, it would have been fun, but you just opted out with the same old excuses, i was ready to take you on, but lets be honest the reason you dont is not that you dont want to educate me but that you simply cant because i am right.

But here is an olivebranch i dont want artillery removed but reworked, there have been people arguing for things like illumination shells, smokeshells beeing able to choose betveen high and low trajectory for different type of accuracy, flight time and effect, things like theese would probably make artillery more of a challenge to play and take skills to master, i might even start to play the class, but artillery in its current state is broken, and one more thing if you constanty get spotted behind your spawn either you or your team are dooing something wrong, like i said spotting artillery early is a calculated risk.

And i suggest you check out Quickybabys video about most profitable non Premium tanks.

Thats all have a nice day

Edited by AskingCupid78, 21 March 2019 - 04:09 PM.

LifeTilts #18128 Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40430 battles

View PostAskingCupid78, on 21 March 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

I was really looking forward to you making counterarguments, and posting links to videos, it would have been fun, but you just opted out with the same old excuses, i was ready to take you on, but lets be honest the reason you dont is not that you dont want to educate me but that you simply cant because i am right.

But here is an olivebranch i dont want artillery removed but reworked, there have been people arguing for things like illumination shells, smokeshells beeing able to choose betveen high and low trajectory for different type of accuracy, flight time and effect, things like theese would probably make artillery more of a challenge to play and take skills to master, i might even start to play the class, but artillery in its current state is broken, and one more thing if you constanty get spotted behind your spawn either you or your team are dooing something wrong, like i said spotting artillery early is a calculated risk.

And i suggest you check out Quickybabys video about most profitable non Premium tanks.

Thats all have a nice day

Not the case, it unfortunately took me a couple of years to realize it was futile. You can find plenty of my comments in this thread dating back a couple of years. Look I've never asked you to prove your point because I've played this game long enough to know you are wrong. Back in 2015 when I ran up the arty lines I realized fairly quickly that the popular opinion that arty was an RNG slot machine simply wasn't true among other nonesensical opinions on here. 

Artillery is already the most challenging class to play, it was easier back when I played it but still more difficult than others, only thing that came close were light tanks but that was only because of their crappy matchmaking. If artillery had the high trajectory option as you suggested it could make artillery OP even borderline broken, now my question is why would you complain about artillery in it's current form then give suggestions that would get tankers wrecked as cover would get negated. It makes no sense, except for my suspicion of you not understanding artillery and it's mechanics. 

Other concepts like arty safe revolve around calculated risk as well. Trying to spot and kill of artillery early is generally a high risk low reward situation for a good player. For a bad player on the other hand it might be the most useful thing they could do anyway. The game is riddled with bad players on both sides and you can't control your team, I'd say 1/3 of the time you're completely screwed over by your team in this regard, no other class has to deal with this problem as they can do quite well on their own. This is why I mainly play the easier classes nowadays. My hat is off to anyone who has the mental fortitude to play artillery in 2019, I wish I did because artillery is a fun class or perhaps was before the multitude of balance changes that made the class weaker and weaker in relation to the others.

I'm 99,999% Quickybaby still plays on PC even though I haven't seen any of his stuff in years and that's completely different game my friend. 

AskingCupid78 #18129 Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39215 battles

Well sorry to dissapoint you but when Retro Jules asked Maxchaos how Xp was calculated he was given a link to a Pc Website so lets just say that many things are the same.

The game is orginally ported from Pc so yes there are differences, and when i talk about high trajectory it would make things like smokeshells get a wider area of effect or light shellls lilluminating a greater area, incendiary Shells could start fires that would burn bushes and reduce camoflage and cause some damage to lightly armored wehicles. and you would not be able to just onehot enemies with He ammo but a high trajectory could potentially do more damage, as for reloading it would take considerable time but once reloaded it would take a significantly shorter time to change ammotype if you saw that the situation changed, so this would make the class more of a support type and there would be added mechanics that would make artillery the main enemy of artillery so counterbattery fire would be something that really was an issue so the need to hold your fire and dont fire unecessary to not get spotted and reposition would be necessary so artillery players would have their own little game in the game.

When the Pc contributors was on Cyprus thing like reduced wisibility was discussed along with things like ligth Shells , and one thing that was mentioned was that the Console wersion had it so it could be done, so yes we get thing like maps and tanks from Pc, so it is not an entirely different game.

So like i said artillery in its current state is not doing what it should but i want it reworked.

So you could not just wreck a heavily armored wehicle but if you where counterbatteryfiring on an enemy artillery player that was sitting in the same hole or behind a building not moving, a high trajectory shot would be devestating.

These are of course just suggestions.

So it would be nice if the artyplayers came with suggestions about reworking instead of just going ballistic everytime someone mentions changes to the class,

And one more thing if you see me on the same team as you and i am in a light or medium just pay attention i do a lot of spotting and tracking.

Edited by AskingCupid78, 21 March 2019 - 07:45 PM.

LifeTilts #18130 Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40430 battles

View PostAskingCupid78, on 21 March 2019 - 09:26 PM, 

So you could not just wreck a heavily armored wehicle but if you where counterbatteryfiring on an enemy artillery player that was sitting in the same hole or behind a building not moving, a high trajectory shot would be devestating.

These are of course just suggestions.

So it would be nice if the artyplayers came with suggestions about reworking instead of just going ballistic everytime someone mentions changes to the class

Well I'm in camp increase HE penetration and reduce the splash radius. Direct hits would be more rewarding. I'm a firm believer that artillery should hit those heavily armored tanks harder. 

Arty vs arty was boring as F when AW did it. The main issue there was crippling penetration and damage. Practically removing skill. The fast rate of fire made them annoying too from a tankers perspective. I have no idea why they ultimately removed them from pvp, but I thought it was a poor implementation, yet commonly requested change for our artillery. 

LifeTilts #18131 Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40430 battles
I'd also like all artillery to be limited to sub 800m firing ranges.

MrRuinYourNight #18132 Posted Yesterday, 10:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 177 battles
Arty is literally the worst class. If RNG doesn't [edited]you, your team will.

I don't even play this game anymore lmao

• ᠌ ᠌ •

᠌ ▬

ArtyGonnaGetYa #18133 Posted Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10303 battles
  • [44AMU]

T92.... Premium HE or regular HE?

MrRuinYourNight #18134 Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players