Me.

'Arty safe' is an oxymoron. Balance does not exist at tier 10. WN8 3146

Ruthless4u #22 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10941 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostALF EXTREME, on 01 July 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

maybe if waragming would just fix the artillery they wouldn't have so many scumbag artillery threads

Maybe if the same handfull would stop making new ones when people get tired of the old ones.

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

SpartacusDiablo #23 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19326 battles
  • [BNKR]
And we are off!

Arty is fine as is. Leave it alone.

Bunker on Blitz is looking for tankers. Play Blitz? Member of the Bunker forum? If you answered yes to these two questions then you should join us. Send me a message in Blitz. I go by SpartacusDiablo.

JAGERx425 #24 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6427 battles

My main concern is arty party's. Sure its fun and that's what's games are all about. But it in a way screws up matchmaking and impacts how a particular match goes for better or worse.

I don't think arty should be removed from the game but it certainly could be tweaked both in the influence it has on the battlefield and in matchmaking.

FolkAttorney67 #25 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:32 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9029 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostNiko Power WGA, on 01 July 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

So in efforts to keep the arty chats and debates in in place, we are going to keep this thread here. We've seen a lot of people asking about ways to consolidate the threads so they don't take over the boards. We did some searching around and noticed there were a lot of threads for arty all over the place. So from now on, let's please try and keep the arty chat here. Thank you everyone!!!

In the next few days we will be going through and dropping links to this thread. This will also go for any future arty posts. Please keep the arty thread here. Thanks so much. We are looking at a few other scattered topics as well to put in one thread.

I appreciate this. The arty threads have always been a sore eye on the forums.

Need M103 Tips and Tricks? Go to "Folk's M103/ T110E5 Thread" in the American  Section.

Credits to Roni for Sig!

I Garet Jax I #26 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27605 battles
  • [GD]
Every match you play is a gamble.  Any time a group wants to go in with an arty party, they're also taking a big risk too.  It goes both ways.

primer31 #27 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24536 battles

View PostRuthless4u, on 01 July 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

Maybe if the same handfull would stop making new ones when people get tired of the old ones.

I hate to be the one to point this out. But it's also the same group of people who jump into those threads and defend arty. 

This isn't directed at you ruthless:

Whats the deal? Is the arty crowds enjoyment so much more important than our enjoyment of the game. It doesn't matter why we don't like arty. Just as it doesn't matter why you guys like arty. The fact is, we don't like arty. Our reasons are just as valid as yours. You can't sit there and expect your opinions to be the only ones listened to. I'll continue to express my opinion and I encourage others to do the same. But not just on this forum. Once I burn the remaining gold I have, i'm not spending any more money on this game. And I personally know others who are doing the same. When my opinion doesn't matter and an aspect of the game causes me to not enjoy is as much anymore, then I have no reason to support it anymore. Thats my opinion and my right. And rest assured, they may not care about  losing my money. But when the numbers fall, the company is going to start looking at why.

My garage: Elite tanks: T-1 heavy, M 6, T 29,T 32, M 103, T 110E5, E 75, Tiger II, E 100, T57 Heavy, T71, T54E1.

heavies are that noob friendly class in which you can just drive straight and bounce shells without even trying. Lifetilts 2016.

Are you hiding in the back because you are in arty? Or are you playing arty so you can hide in the back? Still waiting for "arty safe" to be proven. The arty hate is strong in this one.

Gr4b YoGatz FOO #28 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:37 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19527 battles
  • [RNM4Y]

View PostCaliMeatWagon, on 01 July 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

The countless polls have shown that it's the vocal minority that has the problem with Arty and not the majority like the "Anti-Arty" crowd wants you to believe.

Those polls only represent the players that use the forum, to say these forums represent the views of the majority would be silly.

Want to get better at the game? Click here

Want to not suck at Lakeville? Click here

primer31 #29 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:41 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24536 battles

View PostGr4b YoGatz FOO, on 01 July 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Those polls only represent the players that use the forum, to say these forums represent the views of the majority would be silly.

I agree. The players on this forum make up less than 1% of the wot population. Hardly a majority.

My garage: Elite tanks: T-1 heavy, M 6, T 29,T 32, M 103, T 110E5, E 75, Tiger II, E 100, T57 Heavy, T71, T54E1.

heavies are that noob friendly class in which you can just drive straight and bounce shells without even trying. Lifetilts 2016.

Are you hiding in the back because you are in arty? Or are you playing arty so you can hide in the back? Still waiting for "arty safe" to be proven. The arty hate is strong in this one.

CaliMeatWagon #30 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:41 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 14314 battles
  • [B2XX]

View Postprimer31, on 01 July 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

I hate to be the one to point this out. But it's also the same group of people who jump into those threads and defend arty. 

Whats the deal? Is the arty crowds enjoyment so much more important than our enjoyment of the game. It doesn't matter why we don't like arty. Just as it doesn't matter why you guys like arty. The fact is, we don't like arty. Our reasons are just as valid as yours. You can't sit there and expect your opinions to be the only ones listened to. I'll continue to express my opinion and I encourage others to do the same. But not just on this forum. Once I burn the remaining gold I have, i'm not spending any more money on this game. And I personally know others who are doing the same. When my opinion doesn't matter and an aspect of the game causes me to not enjoy is as much anymore, then I have no reason to support it anymore. Thats my opinion and my right. And rest assured, they may not care about  losing my money. But when the numbers fall, the company is going to start looking at why.

Like I've stated, the countless polls show that the majority of people on the forums (or at least those who decided to vote) have no problem with Arty and do not want to see them changed.

View PostGr4b YoGatz FOO, on 01 July 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Just like it's silly to claim that the "majority" don't like Arty. 

View PostWGWPAIN, on 17 February 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

Ruthless4u #31 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:42 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10941 battles
  • [SKREB]

View Postprimer31, on 01 July 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

Whats the deal? Is the arty crowds enjoyment so much more important than our enjoyment of the game. It doesn't matter why we don't like arty. Just as it doesn't matter why you guys like arty. The fact is, we don't like arty. Our reasons are just as valid as yours. You can't sit there and expect your opinions to be the only ones listened to. I'll continue to express my opinion and I encourage others to do the same. But not just on this forum. Once I burn the remaining gold I have, i'm not spending any more money on this game. And I personally others who are doing the same. When my opinion doesn't matter and an aspect of the game causes me to not enjoy is as much anymore, then I have no reason to support it anymore. Thats my opinion and my right. And rest assured, they may not care about  losing my money. But when the numbers fall, the company is going to start looking at why.

I agree, it is the same players in the same tired old topics. I hold that even if arty was nerfed, moved to another server, gotten rid of completely, nothing would change. High tiers would be dominated by TD's and camping as they were before, and then the same issues would crop up but with TDs as the source, not arty.

I want to see the nerfs, or the moves etc so I can prove my point. There is a reason they won't do anything because wargaming does not want history to repeat itself.

Equality is a myth.

PanchoVia70 #32 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
  • 21909 battles
  • [IRN]
Awesome! Our own arty thread!  

Gr4b YoGatz FOO #33 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19527 battles
  • [RNM4Y]

View PostCaliMeatWagon, on 01 July 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

Just like it's silly to claim that the "majority" don't like Arty. 

I've never said anything like that.

Want to get better at the game? Click here

Want to not suck at Lakeville? Click here

primer31 #34 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24536 battles

View PostRuthless4u, on 01 July 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

I agree, it is the same players in the same tired old topics. I hold that even if arty was nerfed, moved to another server, gotten rid of completely, nothing would change. High tiers would be dominated by TD's and camping as they were before, and then the same issues would crop up but with TDs as the source, not arty.

I want to see the nerfs, or the moves etc so I can prove my point. There is a reason they won't do anything because wargaming does not want history to repeat itself.

I'm not going to argue that td's would dominate. But I do know this. I got in to a game a few night ago and the reds had 5 platooned waffles. No one camped. There were no arty. But still no one camped. We got beat. But it wasn't as bad as you would think. And yes they were together. They didn't just run out guns blazing. They still used cover just like every other tank. But they had to put themselves at risk to put out damage. Thats the difference. Arty doesn't. 

Anyway, gotta be up early so I'm off to bed. Everybody have a good one. I'm sure we'll talk again tomorrow......

Ruthless4u #35 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:51 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10941 battles
  • [SKREB]

View Postprimer31, on 01 July 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

I'm not going to argue that td's would dominate. But I do know this. I got in to a game a few night ago and the reds had 5 platooned waffles. No one camped. There were no arty. But still no one camped. We got beat. But it wasn't as bad as you would think. And yes they were together. They didn't just run out guns blazing. They still used cover just like every other tank. But they had to put themselves at risk to put out damage. Thats the difference. Arty doesn't. 

First few days, no one camped, then after a week it started. No one wanted to move do to being ambushed. It's not an overnight thing, takes a few days but did happen. 

Equality is a myth.

CaliMeatWagon #36 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:55 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 14314 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostGr4b YoGatz FOO, on 01 July 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

I've never said anything like that.

I never stated that you did, but you can't deny that it is not an argument used continuously by the "Anti-Arty" crowd. "The majority of players hate Arty, WGA better cave to our demands or they will lose a lot of players". Paraphrased, but pretty accurate.

Arty's are far from being unbalanced so there's no plans to nerf them.  Reducing the number of Arty's in high tier matches where they are the most powerful is something that we've considered but we're not seeing large number of Arty's being played in those matches.  Arty's are a way for players to play the game in a completely different way.  Some player only ever play Arty's so removing them is not an option.  I'd like to find a way to change the Arty viewpoint so its more realistic but that's one of those "some day" tasks I haven't gotten to yet.

oopsiezz #37 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:55 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 2863 battles

View PostRuthless4u, on 02 July 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

First few days, no one camped, then after a week it started. No one wanted to move do to being ambushed. It's not an overnight thing, takes a few days but did happen. 

Yep. So many juicy hull down positions that I know of but don't usually use in my T29 because it's wide open for arty to make you move. The day artillery gets nerfed is the day hull down tanks end games a whole lot more effectively then they already do.

"you know the grille is bigger, slower, less armour, doesn't have a turret, it's only good feature is its gun" - A Dapper Kiwi, comparing the Grille 15 and WT E100.

Vry Deadly #38 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:56 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10119 battles

"Yep... lets hide the problem under the rug" - WG  

WHY  :facepalm:

Oh yes, lets maintain the fact that people getting oneshotted or getting crippled is okay...........

IT IS COMPLETELY OKAY, RIGHT? THE ARTY PLAYER TAKES NO RISKS WHATSOEVER AND HAS TO RELY HEAVILY ON RNG, SO BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO RELY ON RNG LETS GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO ONE SHOT KILL PEOPLE. Very good logic, ja?

"Usually the good lord works in mysterious ways.. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight up HE spewing DIVINE INTERVENTION!"

Early Research Tips and Facts Guide

Ruthless4u #39 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10941 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostVry Deadly, on 01 July 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

Oh yes, lets maintain the fact that people getting oneshotted or getting crippled is okay...........

IT IS COMPLETELY OKAY, RIGHT? THE ARTY PLAYER TAKES NO RISKS WHATSOEVER AND HAS TO RELY HEAVILY ON RNG, SO BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO RELY ON RNG LETS GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO ONE SHOT KILL PEOPLE. Very good logic, ja?

How is this hiding under a rug? If anything this makes it easier on the staff to track complaints. You still have a voice, stop acting like you dont

Equality is a myth.

CaliMeatWagon #40 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 14314 battles
  • [B2XX]

View PostVry Deadly, on 01 July 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Arty is more reliant on it's team then it is reliant on RNG.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users