Help Sturer emil

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Dj Freddy D #21 Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11976 battles

View Postputinondafoil, on 18 January 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

in real life do you play sports with no equipment? Good luck on the football field,basketball court, Ect. Talk about handicapping yourself. Try playing all your matches in reverse for an added challenge.

This is well put right here, like playing football or hockey with no gear/equipment.

L0jdrtk.png

I don't care about stats, I just like to play and have fun...

allhavoc #22 Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51413 battles
  • [10SR]
Don't think of it as spending silver on an equipment upgrade, think of it as investing in making the tank better.  A better tank earns more silver, so you'll get paid back.  Plus, you can spend 10 gold to un-mount for a full refund.

[10SR]  

Tigersense #23 Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 35448 battles
  • [TIGER]

View Postallhavoc, on 18 January 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

It's all about that gun and the depression ( ability to aim down ).

Hide behind ridgelines and rubble piles, anywhere you can drive up to shoot and then back-up to reload in cover.

This tank feels like throwing bowling balls overhanded.

What he said.  I did not find out till late that the Sturer Emil is all about gun depression.  It can make some shots over hills that I didn't know were posible.

So I frustrated my way through and played it like a normal support tank.

Pit Friend #24 Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33535 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 18 January 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Angle your armor, sidescrape. I'd equip Spall liner, tool box, and enhanced springs.

It has armor? :amazed:

:)

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

Pit Friend #25 Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33535 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostHitDidNothWrong, on 18 January 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

see I feel that's a poor way to look at it, yeah some tanks perform way better with equipment bbut if you can't do very well at all in the tank dropping a bunch of silver into trying to find the right equipment that works for your play style won't really help. But I am the one asking for help and I'm open to suggestions, what equipment did you use on your Emil?

Besides being quite useful for poorly armored TDs a nice thing about Binocs and Camo Net is they don't cost you Gold if/when you sell them. Rammer er is a good choice as well as you want to get as many shots off as you can. 

Best at thing is to sit back as far as you can and still see the front lines as it seems to take 300 damage just from being spotted. It has excellent fun depression so either set up just peeking over the crest of a hill is you can or else set up right below the crest, pop up and blast something, then roll back down. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

Dr EvilGnome73 #26 Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 36107 battles
  • [DG-]
I ended up free XP-ing to the top package, stock is just awful.

It at least gets a punchy top gun that might allow you to get a few shots off for 500 damage before you are detected and then become the inevitable smouldering wreck.

Overall though it is a real crappy tank as a good gun cannot save an overall poor package.

VNinjaShmugV #27 Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14743 battles

I enjoyed it with the top gun. Although maybe that's just like being hit on the head with a hammer - it's great when it stops.

I trained a crew with this and the E25 so I had all the camo and view skills. Use rammer, net and binocs - on Erlenberg, Westfield, Karelia, Komarin, Lakeville and plenty of others you can kill at range and they can't see who's doing it (for instance, always go town on Lakeville and snipe across the lake soon as you reach buildings).  Places like Erlenberg and Muravonka especially you can find spaces where you can use that great gun depression.

Still sold the POS once I unlocked the borsig tho'.

I reckon the Archer is worse. Even with the top gun it takes 3 shots to kill most enemies, and you spend half your bleeding time slowly turning in half-circles.

JediAL78 #28 Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19214 battles

I hated this TD with a passion, The gun was great but that was all, the mobility, view, armour, everything. I feel dirty just remembering my time in it. Yuck. Only tank I've properly free XP'd most of the way through, sold it and never looked back. The Borsig is much, much, much better!

On a side note, I personally find binocs and camo net a must for most TD, it costs, but you can sell them and get the silver back if you sell the tank. Not equipping any equipment at all will really put you at a disadvantage and your not doing yourself any favours, no matter what tank your in.

List of tanks I have in Garage

Spoiler

RFCAN76 #29 Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 51144 battles

I have a master medal in this tank, so far it has been the most difficult tank to play in the game, Sold it,  but then again the crew only had 3 skill and I had no equipment configure on it.   Best suggestion I have is to  play the tank as a sniper, ( peak boom ) support & working with teammates.  Make sure you have crew with 10 skill/perks

before you to go into this TD, (understanding battle flow ( map flow ) is big help)

Mentor
BIA
Camouflage
Situational Awareness
Geen Thumb
Muffled Shot
Deadeye
Eagle Eye
Jack of All Trades
Adrenaline Rush
Intuition  

:hiding:

Equipment:
Camo net
bino
gun rammer

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."   

Jean Baptiste Poquelin (1622 - 1673]       266 tanks in the garage as of 11/01//2019

:B  https://www.wgcommunityhub.com/gameguides

Spoiler Update 08/16/2019

Jagdbadger #30 Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12486 battles

Try running it with 100 octane fuel. I found that eased some of the pain for me - it didn't improve my survivability (edit: once I was being shot at / had been spotted) but at least it meant I could get the bloody thing into a useful position and not get caught out in the open by lights and mediums.

apart from that, rammer, binocs and camo net. 

JaggedSine6 #31 Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15540 battles

View PostDj Freddy D, on 18 January 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

Poor way to look at it?

You are asking how to do well in this tank? 

Equip it...I run camo, binocs, and a rammer. YES! this will cost you at least 1.1 million silver.

Yes you have to invest a little if you want to perform well in a tank.

These do help. However, in the Stupid Emil, even with the help of all camo and view range enhancements, the reds are going to see you before you see them most of the time. It's best to use your radio range and find a spot safely behind a few greens that you think might not get obliterated. That way the only way they can hit you is by following tracers. It seemed like that was the only way I ever did good in the thing.
Stats? We don't need no stinking stats.

Doxie48 #32 Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18326 battles
  • [P4NDA]
Suffer it. Sell it. The end.

SeventyKarma5 #33 Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30289 battles
  • [-UNL-]
How much experience do you need (after you research the top gun) to unlock the Borsig?

Spoiler

Dr EvilGnome73 #34 Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36107 battles
  • [DG-]
Update from me.

I ended up free XP-ing the top package after a few games (first tank I have ever done that with) as it was intolerable.

It doesn't help that the reward after it is amazing!

jprs201024 #35 Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36140 battles
The Emil as a special position in combat. If you have noted, the cannon goes down almost to the floor, so, search in the map a little elevation to put the body of the Emil inside de depression and the front in the top of the elevation. In this position, you can see the enemies but they cant see you.... See some videos in the Youtube where they teach you this tecnic... Anf of couse, the last cannon it's fantastic, it can kill the E 75.... ;)

Also tagged with Help, Sturer emil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users