112 Review Premium tier 8 Beta582

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Beta582 #1 Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18864 battles
  • [TANK]

So I had been eyeing the 112 for a while but wasn't sure if I really wanted it. Finally caved and bought it when they had it on sale and I regret absolutely nothing. If you love close range brawling and face hugging then this tank would fit you nicely.

For starters, the frontal hull is 120mm thick at a severe angle where it is effective 240 without angling your tank. The turret has 240mm armor and it is rounded with 130mm sides. The sides of the hull are 80mm with a strip of spaced armor. Be warned though, the two hatches of the top are 150mm and the lower plate is 80mm. The fuel tanks are also located in the front and are very prone to fires. Also be advised that this tank is VERY wide. The gun handling is fairly poor so you will have to really carefully aim your shots at range but where this tank excels is right up in the enemies faces where you really don't need much accuracy. The standard AP rounds have 175 penetration and the HEAT rounds have 250 penetration.

It is surprisingly quick and maneuverable with a 45 kph top speed and 26 deg/sec chassis rotation which can make it fairly difficult for lights and mediums to get side shots on you. Had plenty a medium fall victim to the failed circle of death.

My advise for this tank is to try and stay at close to mid range to make the most of the poor accuracy. Try and close the distance quickly to make your lower plate hard to hit. Don't be afraid to ram the enemy to track them. When up close and personal, use your gun barrel to deflect their shots. I find that because of how uncommon the 112 is on the battlefield, most people don't actually know how to fight one and tend to panic when you YOLO-ram them and they can't penetrate your armor. Side scraping and hull down tactics work exceptionally well with this tank as well because of the great turret and side hull armor. Whatever you do, do not let them shoot your lower plate.

I also run Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, Vertical Stabilizer, Improved Ventilation, Repair Kit, Fire Extinguisher, and Improved Combat Rations. My preferred loadout for ammo is 30 AP, 10 HEAT, and 5 HE. A Large-caliber Tank Gun Rammer is also a viable option but I want to get that 3.4 second aim time down as much as possible.

Overall, I really adore this tank as my favorite playstyle is the brawling heavy.

And now for some screenshots... The requirements for Ace Tanker on this thing is ridiculous. Had multiple 1600+ exp games and kept getting 1st and 2nd class. Finally took a 1942 base exp game to acquire it. Props to the M41B Brazil (Odens Wr4th) for one heck of a game played (2123 assist)!

Spoiler

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

Sovietdeath #2 Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14971 battles

View PostBeta582, on 21 January 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Those Brazil's can be sneaky, HEP ammo can cause a lot of module damage for assist points and actual damage. I got a few 2000+ Combined Damage games in mine

Beta582 #3 Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18864 battles
  • [TANK]

View PostSovietdeath, on 21 January 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

Those Brazil's can be sneaky, HEP ammo can cause a lot of module damage for assist points and actual damage. I got a few 2000+ Combined Damage games in mine

Very nice game there! I have the Brazil (impulse buy) and I am just god awful with it. Only had one good game where I got into a slap fight with the enemy teams lights, circled them, and used the HEP ammo to royally screw them over before killing them both. I just need to practice with it more.

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

Sovietdeath #4 Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14971 battles

View PostBeta582, on 21 January 2016 - 04:12 AM, said:

Very nice game there! I have the Brazil (impulse buy) and I am just god awful with it. Only had one good game where I got into a slap fight with the enemy teams lights, circled them, and used the HEP ammo to royally screw them over before killing them both. I just need to practice with it more.

Mhmm fire at tanks when auto locked while moving around, Aim at weak points when not directly engaged. This tank is great at taking advantage of situations and can still do a great job as a standard scouting vehicle.

Beta582 #5 Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18864 battles
  • [TANK]

View PostSovietdeath, on 21 January 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

Mhmm fire at tanks when auto locked while moving around, Aim at weak points when not directly engaged. This tank is great at taking advantage of situations and can still do a great job as a standard scouting vehicle.

I just haven't really used it enough to get a feel for it yet. It does very much seem like a tank of opportunity. It can't fight things head on but can pump some rounds into tracks, sides, and rears while enemies are distracted. I also need to get better at driving lights in general...

moonwhistle #6 Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34491 battles
Not running a rammer seems kind of bonkers. Vents can easily go imo. An IS6 or similar will just tear you apart with DPM in a brawl. Also, I wouldn't be ramming any other heavies in chinese tanks, they're too light.

Edited by moonwhistle, 21 January 2016 - 09:38 AM.

Beta582 #7 Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18864 battles
  • [TANK]

View Postmoonwhistle, on 21 January 2016 - 03:36 AM, said:

Not running a rammer seems kind of bonkers. Vents can easily go imo. An IS6 or similar will just tear you apart with DPM in a brawl. Also, I wouldn't be ramming any other heavies in chinese tanks, they're too light.

I like using vents because it give a buff to aim time, reload, and drivers skill (faster acceleration, better rotation speed, lower terrain resistances).

As for the 112 being light, it weighs 45.96 tons, the IS-6 weighs 51.4 tons, and the IS-3 weighs 48.58 for comparison. It really is a negligible amount lighter being about 2.6 tons lighter than the IS-3.

DonkBuster420 #8 Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9852 battles

Just faced off against an IS3 and IS6 in my 112.

Face hugged the IS3 while i shot the IS6. And the IS6 could only see my heavily angled side armor.

When the red team is potato this 112 is a brawling beast.

Geordie P #9 Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19267 battles
Poor aim time ,accuracy and penetration its like playing a huge stock IS-3.
h

ANTI 000 SOCIAL #10 Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 43460 battles
  • [MEX]

Since this is a premium tank, you could change equipment as you get more perks.

Specifically, you may want to replace Improved Ventilation with Gun Rammer.

Get rid of the Automatic Fire Extinguisher and replace it with Food. This makes up for Improved Ventilation and provides an overall more offensive tank. The extra credits generated by the tank will offset the 20k silver cost per game.

However, you should only consider this after you're done researching Preventative Maintenance and the Fire Fighting perks. 

This will help reduce the chance of fire, but if you do get set on fire then the crew itself will minimize the damage. This tank has enough HP to do this.

In addition, you already know to do close range fighting  (preferably face hugging) and going hull down to minimize the risk of being set on fire.

For God gave us not a spirit of cowardice, but that of power and of love and of soundness of mind.

ANTI 000 SOCIAL #11 Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 43460 battles
  • [MEX]

View Postmoonwhistle, on 21 January 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

There is a common belief that every tank needs or should have Gun Rammer, but the reality is equipment should be a case by case basis.

I don't know if you own this tank, but that aim time is extremely long. In this case, sacrificing a few hundredths of a second or a second is well worth it. It is better to shoot and ensure damage versus making up for it by spamming rounds.

For God gave us not a spirit of cowardice, but that of power and of love and of soundness of mind.

xMagnumPR #12 Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 31123 battles
  • [47R]
That 112 is a good tank and if you want to make it a more thought tank use CO2 so when they hit you on the side it's more difficult to get on fire it protect your gas tank more

Twiztid Bowels #13 Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37364 battles
  • [BNKR]

Great post & congrats on the battle! :medal:

I've been using it to complete the silver multiplier ops, doubling up 2 of them. Making some good silver, if I could just get on a winning team it would be a lot more.

Beta582 #14 Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18864 battles
  • [TANK]

View PostTwiztid Bowels, on 21 January 2016 - 08:34 AM, said:

Great post & congrats on the battle! :medal:

I've been using it to complete the silver multiplier ops, doubling up 2 of them. Making some good silver, if I could just get on a winning team it would be a lot more.

Thanks! The 112 is a silver generating monster. I have yet to have a game earn below 60k. Earning 100k+ is very common even with a 20k+ ammo cost and 20-26k comsumable cost.

moonwhistle #15 Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34491 battles

View PostANTI 000 SOCIAL, on 21 January 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

There is a common belief that every tank needs or should have Gun Rammer, but the reality is equipment should be a case by case basis.

I don't know if you own this tank, but that aim time is extremely long. In this case, sacrificing a few hundredths of a second or a second is well worth it. It is better to shoot and ensure damage versus making up for it by spamming rounds.

I would disagree. Rammer on absolutely everything. The IS6, IS3, IS, IS2, KV85 etc all have the 3.4 second aim time and it is manageable with all the relevent crew skills and a rammer is essential on all of them. Vents is only something I would use if there's nothing better available. Not using a rammer is nerfing your tank especially if it's is a close range brawler. Similar enemy tanks with rammers will chew you up.

Beta582 #16 Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18864 battles
  • [TANK]

View Postmoonwhistle, on 21 January 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

I would disagree. Rammer on absolutely everything. The IS6, IS3, IS, IS2, KV85 etc all have the 3.4 second aim time and it is manageable with all the relevent crew skills and a rammer is essential on all of them. Vents is only something I would use if there's nothing better available. Not using a rammer is nerfing your tank especially if it's is a close range brawler. Similar enemy tanks with rammers will chew you up.

The difference between the tanks you mentioned and the 112 is the dispersion penalties for just about anything you do in the 112 are horrible and causes the aiming circle to just explode. That is why I run everything to either limit its size or reduce it as quickly as possible.

moonwhistle #17 Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34491 battles

View PostBeta582, on 21 January 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

The difference between the tanks you mentioned and the 112 is the dispersion penalties for just about anything you do in the 112 are horrible and causes the aiming circle to just explode. That is why I run everything to either limit its size or reduce it as quickly as possible.

I know what you're saying, the IS6 has almost the same dispersion values. However without a rammer your dpm is going to be terrible. Vents are mostly a useless module on anything but autoloaders.

Beta582 #18 Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18864 battles
  • [TANK]

Vents improves you crews "Effective Skill Level" in the following formulas for each crew members major qualifications. It really does make a difference to just about everything.

A tanks actual performance for each stat can be calculated with one of the following formulas:

Degressive Stat = ( Nominal Stat * 0.875 ) / ( 0.00375 * Effective Skill Level + 0.5 ) + Equipment Bonus

Progressive Stat = ( Nominal Stat / 0.875 ) * ( 0.00375 * Effective Skill Level + 0.5 ) + Equipment Bonus

NOTE: PEMDAS should be followed for these calculations.

NOTE: Degressive Stats are stats like aim time where an increase will speed up decay and Progressive Stats are stats like view range where an increase will increase the view range.

moonwhistle #19 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34491 battles

View PostBeta582, on 21 January 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

Vents improves you crews "Effective Skill Level" in the following formulas for each crew members major qualifications. It really does make a difference to just about everything.

A tanks actual performance for each stat can be calculated with one of the following formulas:

Degressive Stat = ( Nominal Stat * 0.875 ) / ( 0.00375 * Effective Skill Level + 0.5 ) + Equipment Bonus

Progressive Stat = ( Nominal Stat / 0.875 ) * ( 0.0375 * Effective Skill Level + 0.5 ) + Equipment Bonus

NOTE: PEMDAS should be followed for these calculations.

NOTE: Degressive Stats are stats like aim time where an increase will speed up decay and Progressive Stats are stats like view range where an increase will increase the view range.

If vents were good, people would use them. Standard recommended equipment on anything reasonanble quick is rammer, vert stab, optics. Almost nobody would use vents on a medium unless platooned and could rely on team mates for view range. Most heavies can get away with using vents only because they don't need the view range from optics. However if they're trying to compensate for bad aim time they get rid of vents and put on gun laying drive. Basically there are some variables on essential equipment, but it never ever leaves out rammer with the rare exception of little pew pew guns that fire faster than they aim. Every time you're in a brawl and you're just waiting on that last shot to load or out in the open just trading health because there's no other option, rammer is what can save you, not vents.

Beta582 #20 Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18864 battles
  • [TANK]

View Postmoonwhistle, on 21 January 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

If vents were good, people would use them. Standard recommended equipment on anything reasonanble quick is rammer, vert stab, optics. Almost nobody would use vents on a medium unless platooned and could rely on team mates for view range. Most heavies can get away with using vents only because they don't need the view range from optics. However if they're trying to compensate for bad aim time they get rid of vents and put on gun laying drive. Basically there are some variables on essential equipment, but it never ever leaves out rammer with the rare exception of little pew pew guns that fire faster than they aim. Every time you're in a brawl and you're just waiting on that last shot to load or out in the open just trading health because there's no other option, rammer is what can save you, not vents.

The bonuses from GLD, Vents, BiA, and food add up before they are applied.

With GLD, Vents, BiA, food, and a fully trained crew, a 3.4 second aim time can be reduced to 2.1842 seconds. Without Vents, the aim time would be 2.3635 seconds.

With Rammer, vents, BiA, food, and a fully trained crew, a 4.55 RoF is increased to 6.3175. Without rammer, the RoF is 5.795.

I will happily take a 5.795 RoF if it means I can have a 2.1842 second aim time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users