New Japanese Tech Tree

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Blazestar4 #1 Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:01 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7535 battles

The Tree

So last summer I made additions to the French Tech Tree. I said that I would do Japan and China. So since the forums have been a little bit of a wreck lately I thought I would do Japan to cheer everyone up. So I added some high tier Japanese lights, a new medium line, some tank destroyers, and some artillery.

Lights

So first let's talk about my new lights. The Japanese tech tree already has light tanks up to tier IV. So coming after the Ke-Ho I added the M24 Chaffee. I was debating whether or not to put the Chaffee in because it would basically be a straight up clone. The only possible change I could suggest, despite it being unhistorical, giving the Chaffee the Chi-Nu’s gun, the Type 3 75mm. That modification to my knowledge was never proposed or even possible (chronologically that is). However, the Japanese did use Chaffees and loved them. They were perfect for the terrain that the Japanese had to fight in. I would like feedback on whether or not to have the Chaffee in here or not.

The tier VI is a little fake. It would be the ST-A1 Proto. It is basically an idea I came up with to fill the hole between tier VII and V. It would basically be a less powerful version of the tier VII. It would have a 76mm gun and be slightly slower than the tier VII.

The tier VII is the ST-A1. It would have a 76mm gun similar to the M41 Walker Bulldog. It came from FTR. Silentstalker did an article about the ST-A1 and the ST-A2. The ST-A1 is the counterpart to the ST-A2. The idea was created from the Panzer III and Panzer IV. It was decided that the ST-A1 would be smaller and weigh 25 tons while the ST-A2 would be taller, carry a 90mm, and weigh 35 tons. A single mockup was made of the ST-A2. We could potentially give the ST-A1 an autoloader to make it more competitive but I don’t know if that is historical or not.

The ST-A2 is going to have a 90mm gun. Without an autoloader. It should play like the RU 251. Like I said a single mockup was made. It is about as tall as a M36 Jackson.

That is all for light tanks. There are a couple low tiers that could be added but those were fairly low priority.

Pics

Mediums

I’ll first say the changes I made to the current medium line. Firstly the Ke-Ho dosen’t lead to the Chi-Nu any more it now leads to the tier V on the new line and to the Chaffee. Next change is to the Chi-Ri. The Chi-Ri will actually get a proper gun. There were plenty of proposals to give the Chi-Ri an 88mm. So I gave it an 88mm as the new top gun. Lastly, the final change I made is change the tier X to the STB-3 and I will explain why later.

Up first for the new line is the Ho-I. This tank I am giving a unhistorical gun proposal to make it work. It at standard had the 75mm Type 99 gun. That gun is one of the top guns on the Chi-He. I decided to give it the Type 91 10cm howitzer. This tank's chassis is the same as the Chi-Ha’s. It could take the Chi-Nu’s gun but then it would just be a faster Chi-Nu.

For tier VI the tank comes from For The Record as well. The tank is the Chi-Ri II. It is basically a lighter Chi-Ri with some design aspects from the Chi-To. It would have the standard 75mm from the Chi-To, however it would be lighter and faster than the Chi-To and Chi-Ri.

Chi-Ri Plan II is the tier VII. It would be different from the Chi-Ri in that it wouldn’t mount the 88mm but would have an even better autoloading 75mm. It would be like the current Chi-Ri but I’d give it more shells for a close amount of reload.

The STA-3 is the tier VIII. It and the STA-4 both would use 90mm autoloaders. The STA-3 would have a 4 shot autoloader and play like the T69. The stock gun would be an 88mm autoloader, to carry on from the Chi-Ri Plan II.

The STA-4 would have a 6 shot 90mm autoloader with improved penetration over the STA-3. The STA-4 would also be faster than the STA-3 because the STA-4 had a better engine historically.

Finally the tier X. Two actually. I moved the STB-1 to the new line because I found out that it is historically inaccurate. The STB-1 was to have a 105mm autoloader. The with the STB-3 the autoloader was removed. That is why I switched the two. The STB-1 would have a 5 shot autoloader like the Bat Chat, but it wouldn’t be nearly as fast. It would be like a M48 Patton, Centurion AX, and a Bat Chat mix.

There is one more tier X. This came from For The Record as well. It is the Chi-Ri Kai. The plan was to put a 105mm autoloader on the Chi-Ri. I would give it a 3 shot autoloader and good gun handling, but it wouldn’t be a very fast tank though.

Heavys

I didn’t add anything heavy wise because I felt that the Japanese heavies from PC were fine.

Tank Destroyers

The tank destroyers are mostly fast firing, no-armor tanks. The Ho-Ru is a 47mm tank destroyer that is quick and fires fast, like a tier II E-25.

I am going to group all of the Ho-Nis together when I say they are basicly Marders. They all are pretty much the same with minor variations.

The Na-To is a speedy, medium-like tank with a high powered 75mm. You might be thinking, “Well isn’t this a Challenger?” Well, yes it is a Challenger with less armor and 190mm of penetration with standard ammo and 241mm of penetration with tungsten. Not to mention it being a tier VI.

Tier VII sees a 100mm gun with the Ka-To. It has 175mm pen at 1000m. The gun would be like the 100mm on the SU-101.

The Ho-Ri is the tier VIII. It would feature a 105mm. It doesn't have much armor.

The Ho-Ri II is the tier IX which is a lot alike the tier VIII but with an autoloader on the 105mm.

The tier X is the Ho-Ri Toku. Like the last two it has a 105mm. This gun had a game breaking 300+ pen. I’m not sure if it would feature an autoloader. If not this tank would be very DPM oriented. Having a 105mm it would only have 390 alpha per shot. Frontal armor is 125mm sloped at 70 degrees, superstructure is 250mm, and the sides are only 25mm (This is the same for all Ho-Ri).

SPGs/Artillery

I decided to just summarize the artillery as a whole. Up to tier V the artillery remain normal like other artillery of their tiers. After tier V you get to very fast firing low caliber artillery. At tier VIII you get a 150mm again and there is an option to switch lines. The second line starting with the Ha-To 274, is a high caliber slow rate of fire line. The line continuing after the Ho-Chi, are extremely fast firing but low caliber and damage.

Pics

That's about it. Thanks for reading this. If you have any questions or comments I'll be glad to respond. Also, check if the pics work please and thank you.

Edited by Blazestar4, 31 January 2016 - 01:05 PM.

My Tanks

New French Tech Tree New Japanese Tech Tree

RagingxMarmoset #2 Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10249 battles
  • [BNKR]
Nice work and thanks for posting this. The high tier Japanese mediums are the best looking in the game.

"Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." - Bob Ross

IV NITROGYN VI #3 Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7402 battles

View PostBlazestar4, on 30 January 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

I felt that the Japanese heavies from PC were fine.

The Japanese heavies are fine? From tier 5-7 they are blatantly unbalanced. The higher tiers just suck.

TL;DR so didn't notice much else. Might be a good idea otherwise but the Japanese heavies should be avoided.

Also lol at me not being able to quote only a certain part of the post

Blazestar4 #4 Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7535 battles

View PostIV NITROGYN VI, on 30 January 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

There isn't anything I'd do to them. Historically wise anyways. They might be unbalanced but I'm not going to change the line.
My Tanks

IV NITROGYN VI #5 Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:23 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7402 battles

View PostBlazestar4, on 30 January 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

There isn't anything I'd do to them. Historically wise anyways. They might be unbalanced but I'm not going to change the line.

I understand that. Any changes would just be completely fake and unhistorical, but currently they are hilariously ridiculous lol

Blazestar4 #6 Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7535 battles

View PostIV NITROGYN VI, on 30 January 2016 - 10:23 PM, said:

I understand that. Any changes would just be completely fake and unhistorical, but currently they are hilariously ridiculous lol

True
My Tanks

Blazestar4 #7 Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:36 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7535 battles

View PostRagingxMarmoset, on 30 January 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

Nice work and thanks for posting this. The high tier Japanese mediums are the best looking in the game.

My Tanks

Mariousic #8 Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14949 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostIV NITROGYN VI, on 31 January 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

The Japanese heavies which PC have now are mostly stab in the dark anyway so i doubt any replacements would even be possible, i really want the Tier X just because of how ridiculous it looks. All of them look ridiculous, idc how good/bad they are.

Sqn Ldr B #9 Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
It's nice to see someone give some attention to the Japanese tree. Well done.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

Darth Wookius #10 Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19537 battles
I'm for this. There is so much that's historically inaccurate as it is this would fit in just fine. I'm especially curios about the TDs and arty. Any chance of there being pics for the arty?

Blazestar4 #11 Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7535 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 31 January 2016 - 03:58 AM, said:

It's nice to see someone give some attention to the Japanese tree. Well done.

Thank you.

View PostDarth Wookius, on 31 January 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

I'm for this. There is so much that's historically inaccurate as it is this would fit in just fine. I'm especially curios about the TDs and arty. Any chance of there being pics for the arty?

Um yeah, at least for some of them. I'll add them.

My Tanks

Blazestar4 #12 Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7535 battles
Added pics for SPGs as requested.
My Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users