Saberwing podcast features clans exports new content

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

JMan1701 #1 Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:27 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3101 battles

Hey folks,

We (the Biomassed Podcast) just finished with our second interview with SaberwingWGA, Sr Community Manager, this weekend and we covered a TON of ground.  There was a ton of input from the forum community, Twitter, and via PSN on topics for discussion...everything from clan support, clan wars, tournements for PS4 & Xbox, content balance between the consoles, and yes - hints about some new rare tanks and maps.

Have a listen and let me know what you think!  

http://biomassed.net...e-world-slowly/

"Endless money forms the sinews of War." - Cicero

PSN:  JMan1701

Twitter: @JaysynLarrisen

www.Biomassed.net

tbown2 #2 Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 3199 battles
Listening to it right now, it's very interesting. 

Minister of Propaganda for Rebel Alliance

UnsoundDineen #3 Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10166 battles

View Posttbown2, on 02 February 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

Listening to it right now, it's very interesting.

YOU GOT DENI3D #4 Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:00 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30263 battles

LOL @ saberwing saying it's better for the community to organize it rather than WG organizing it:teethhappy:

Translation= We'd rather not have to organize it :trollface:

Edited by YOU GOT DENI3D, 02 February 2016 - 01:01 AM.

Saberwing WGA #5 Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:23 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 372 battles

View PostYOU GOT DENI3D, on 01 February 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

LOL @ saberwing saying it's better for the community to organize it rather than WG organizing it:teethhappy:

Translation= We'd rather not have to organize it :trollface:

Haha noooo (although the lazy part of me wants to say yesss)

I think it's just very important for us to give the tools to the Community to be able to run and execute their own tournaments with our support. We're going to continue to do our own events but it's awesome to have that supplemented by the players too. :)

YOU GOT DENI3D #6 Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:15 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30263 battles

View PostSaberwing WGA, on 02 February 2016 - 01:23 AM, said:

I think it's just very important for us to give the tools to the Community to be able to run and execute their own tournaments with our support. We're going to continue to do our own events but it's awesome to have that supplemented by the players too. :)

Well I understand it, a lot of effort goes into without much reward :teethhappy: But there is great potential in advertising the competitive side to regular players;)

UR TANK SPLODED #7 Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11948 battles
I interpreted Saber to mean it was more exciting when the community does it, and WG supports with prizes. 

Hiero_Glyph #8 Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:02 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 270 battles

View PostUR TANK SPLODED, on 01 February 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

I interpreted Saber to mean it was more exciting when the community does it, and WG supports with prizes. 

Except when the community organizes any event, inherent bias is involved.

MrWuvems #9 Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles
Anyone have the teal dear bullet points?

lIconic Reign #10 Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18314 battles
  • [KGB]

View PostSaberwing WGA, on 01 February 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

I think you still need clan wars in this game regardless of what type of tournaments Wargaming or the community puts out. I mean, tournaments are every couple of months? Clan Wars is once a week - 5+ times a week. We need something competitive that is regulated by Wargaming that you can participate in more than every couple of months and clan wars fits that bill. 

lIconic Reign #11 Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18314 battles
  • [KGB]

View PostUR TANK SPLODED, on 01 February 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

Yes and no.

When WG hosts and supports it, they can advertise the crap out of it on the website, in the tanks home screen etc... When the community hosts something, it's much harder to advertise it. 

leova #12 Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11380 battles
  • [47R]

View PostMrWuvems, on 01 February 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

this or a transcription would be great

JMan1701 #13 Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:20 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3101 battles

Hopefully the show was interesting for you guys...we are looking at moving a fair bit of our content focus on Wargaming products.

Broadly the conversation hit several key points as noted in the OP.  We did go into a fair bit of detail on the esports plans for both Xbox and ps4, balancing content between the two and how long we should expect it will take to get content parity for the ps4.  Bottom line there is WG is on track to deliver chunks of content to the ps4 so that my mid-summer the consoles are evened out...note that this doesn't mean that the Xbox crowd will get no content updates while this is going.  As noted, Saberwing does have a plan for tournements and there are several factors that are coming together in scheduling both an Xbox and ps4 tourney.  As you can imagine, the discussion covered a ton of smaller community generated questions that you'll need to listen to the podcast to get as well.  :B

I will say that we did go back and forth on clan support and clan wars.  WG is committed to pushing clans as a primary way of supporting the player base and they are trying to get a concept down for clan wars / campaigns for the console version.  Lot of details about what it might entail to re-engineer this on the console.  

Lastly...some really fun jousting and tinfoiling on rare tanks that we are likely to see in the very near future and types of maps we might like to see.  

In all seriousness we appreciate any feedback you have on the episode and maybe suggestions for future shows!

www.Biomassed.net

Write2BareArms #14 Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21569 battles
Sadly no. The technical problems in this game, which have been completely ignored, overshadow any positives they attempt to herald.

nasr20de #15 Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19111 battles
  • [D_T_S]

View PostHiero_Glyph, on 01 February 2016 - 10:02 PM, said:

Except when the community organizes any event, inherent bias is involved.

Do you mean to imply the current tournament or previous ones? To my knowledge there have been no claims of bias in the current tournament. If anything saberwings statement on better support(training rooms and chat) could have solved most of the issues in the current tournament. And if I'm right he has been watching our current one and getting input how how to make those issues get handled the first time out when they fix it.  

Getting ready for the next WCT! See you then!

Overall - wn8 2122 Recent - wn8 2725 as of 3/14/16

LOSTVENGENCE96 #16 Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23971 battles

View PostMrWuvems, on 01 February 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

The guy has no answers for basically everything. 

Exciting things will be coming to console soon. 

The streamers and the WG employee have no idea about what people actually think of the game. 

They have an inept view of how the actually forums are. 

I don't know. I can't answer the rest.

nasr20de #17 Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19111 battles
  • [D_T_S]

View PostLOSTVENGENCE96, on 02 February 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

The streamers and the WG employee have no idea about what people actually think of the game. 

Saber you are a pretty kool guy but this is basically sums up the interview. I would like to recommend that next time your going to do this have them email you a list of questions so you can get answers to them ahead of time even it its a minor spoiler would be better than listening to a long winded I don't know or can't say. I was only able to listen to 30ish minutes and realized though they are asking questions that we would like answers to you were unable to answer them any better than a politician which makes me sad.

Also I might be over stepping myself here but if your impressed with the WCT tournament how come there hasn't been any portal coverage of it? I am very grateful for the prizes you have put into it so please don't take it as a knock against that. I am a moderator for the tournament and I do hope you will contact those involved for input on how it can be made easier/better for the next time its run as a community run event even if you plan on having an official version of clan wars as this is something that is just good to have.

Either way good quality Podcast very impressed with your level of professionalism and asking good questions I'll have to listen to some older stuff and maybe subscribe.     

Getting ready for the next WCT! See you then!

Overall - wn8 2122 Recent - wn8 2725 as of 3/14/16

LOSTVENGENCE96 #18 Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23971 battles

View Postnasr20de, on 02 February 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

Saber you are a pretty kool guy but this is basically sums up the interview. I would like to recommend that next time your going to do this have them email you a list of questions so you can get answers to them ahead of time even it its a minor spoiler would be better than listening to a long winded I don't know or can't say. I was only able to listen to 30ish minutes and realized though they are asking questions that we would like answers to you were unable to answer them any better than a politician which makes me sad.

Also I might be over stepping myself here but if your impressed with the WCT tournament how come there hasn't been any portal coverage of it? I am very grateful for the prizes you have put into it so please don't take it as a knock against that. I am a moderator for the tournament and I do hope you will contact those involved for input on how it can be made easier/better for the next time its run as a community run event even if you plan on having an official version of clan wars as this is something that is just good to have.

Either way good quality Podcast very impressed with your level of professionalism and asking good questions I'll have to listen to some older stuff and maybe subscribe.     

Ya wasn't knocking the guy but its amazing as great of a game this ends up being (imo) how terrible the communication is between everyone. Like, why keep things a secret? The type 59 is coming out as we already knew. Why keep all the info about it a secret up until the announcement of it sale? And why keep any sale a secret until the day before? There's people here that remember when a tanks sale would be announced a week ahead of time. What a novel idea huh.

well memed sir #19 Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9617 battles
Thanks for that, good stuff.
GUM LOADED 

JMan1701 #20 Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3101 battles

View PostLOSTVENGENCE96, on 02 February 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

First, I appreciate the feedback...helps us put out better content for the community in the future. 

I would offer that Saberwing can't go into pure developer related discussions and most of the questions we wanted to ask fell in that realm.  I do appreciate that as gamers we always want to know more insider details...trust me, we cover other games and it's the same.  However...We are planning on inviting PainGodWGA on for a future show to specifically go more into those topics.

As for us, the guys on the show, not having a good read on what the folks on the forum want or what folks think of the game the opinions I expressed about the forum crowd being generally pretty helpful are in fact what I've personally experienced.  It is a data point of one so admittedly might be skewed.  Not knowing what forum folks think of the game might also be fair since I've only been here since the ps4 beta (about a 2mo)...but I do pay attention and have notice a variety of thoughts on the game that often breaks along Xbox360, XboxOne, and PS4 lines.  My experience is purely with the PS4 version and that's the population I get the most feedback from at the moment so I'll seek out more Xbox folks to chat with.

We are really looking forward to putting out some more WoT content and will work to make it better.  

www.Biomassed.net

Also tagged with Saberwing, podcast, features, clans, exports, new content

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users