Interview with SaberwingWGA in state of PS4/Xbox plans

Saberwing podcast features clans exports new content

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Not that proud #21 Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17494 battles
I appreciate that Saber sat down with these guys and did the interview, but it is a little frustrating to here him say "I don't know" in response to most of the questions.  I think from a public relations perspective, it probably would have been better to get some answers before the interview and be prepared and authorized to answer some questions.  If they got their questions from the forums and twitter, etc, that's fairly easy to monitor. 

Hiero_Glyph #22 Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 270 battles

View Postnasr20de, on 02 February 2016 - 01:03 AM, said:

Do you mean to imply the current tournament or previous ones? To my knowledge there have been no claims of bias in the current tournament. If anything saberwings statement on better support(training rooms and chat) could have solved most of the issues in the current tournament. And if I'm right he has been watching our current one and getting input how how to make those issues get handled the first time out when they fix it.  

What I mean is that WGA would use current or seasonal rankings to seed teams and they would advertise on the official website for everyone to see in a variety of languages.  A community event would not have the ability to advertise properly and therefore would favor certain outlets, thus making it easier for some teams to find that information first.  While minor, such limitations create bias.

Saberwing WGA #23 Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 372 battles

View PostJMan1701, on 01 February 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

Hopefully the show was interesting for you guys...we are looking at moving a fair bit of our content focus on Wargaming products.

Broadly the conversation hit several key points as noted in the OP.  We did go into a fair bit of detail on the esports plans for both Xbox and ps4, balancing content between the two and how long we should expect it will take to get content parity for the ps4.  Bottom line there is WG is on track to deliver chunks of content to the ps4 so that my mid-summer the consoles are evened out...note that this doesn't mean that the Xbox crowd will get no content updates while this is going.  As noted, Saberwing does have a plan for tournements and there are several factors that are coming together in scheduling both an Xbox and ps4 tourney.  As you can imagine, the discussion covered a ton of smaller community generated questions that you'll need to listen to the podcast to get as well.  :B

I will say that we did go back and forth on clan support and clan wars.  WG is committed to pushing clans as a primary way of supporting the player base and they are trying to get a concept down for clan wars / campaigns for the console version.  Lot of details about what it might entail to re-engineer this on the console.  

Lastly...some really fun jousting and tinfoiling on rare tanks that we are likely to see in the very near future and types of maps we might like to see.  

In all seriousness we appreciate any feedback you have on the episode and maybe suggestions for future shows!

Thanks a lot for having me on there again guys!

Just wanting to clear up regarding the content roll out - didn't specifically mention 'mid-summer', but we're doing what we can to roll out the content as quickly as possible and get the two platforms to parity! It'll be in the coming months.

As for the questions I said I can't answer - some of these are things that just aren't far enough along through development, or there is no concrete timeline on. There are always cases where things are meant for a specific date and slip for one reason or another - and we don't want to get people's hopes up.

With regards to Forums - I'm on here a frightening amount and will have to disagree if some say that they are an overall toxic place. I've worked on my fair share of forums and I find the WoT Console Community to be overall very helpful and positive - I think generally you guys are a great bunch.

If there are any other specific questions that I can and am able to answer, please feel free to ask and I'll try. :)

Saberwing WGA #24 Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 372 battles

View PostPATP00SE, on 01 February 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

When WG hosts and supports it, they can advertise the crap out of it on the website, in the tanks home screen etc... When the community hosts something, it's much harder to advertise it. 

Agreed on this, I would just say that I would love for an entire system to be developed around Community Tournaments in general in the future. A hub where games can be advertised, spectated, discussed, etc. At the moment that structure doesn't exist but as we develop more functionality in support of competitive play it's something I'd like to take a better look at.

Not that proud #25 Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17494 battles

View PostSaberwing WGA, on 02 February 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for having me on there again guys!

Just wanting to clear up regarding the content roll out - didn't specifically mention 'mid-summer', but we're doing what we can to roll out the content as quickly as possible and get the two platforms to parity! It'll be in the coming months.

As for the questions I said I can't answer - some of these are things that just aren't far enough along through development, or there is no concrete timeline on. There are always cases where things are meant for a specific date and slip for one reason or another - and we don't want to get people's hopes up.

With regards to Forums - I'm on here a frightening amount and will have to disagree if some say that they are an overall toxic place. I've worked on my fair share of forums and I find the WoT Console Community to be overall very helpful and positive - I think generally you guys are a great bunch.

If there are any other specific questions that I can and am able to answer, please feel free to ask and I'll try. :)

How long do you expect timed exclusives will last?  

I would like to play Scorpion Pass, but I'm not switching consoles to do that.  You don't have to answer specifically for that map, but in general for timed exclusives. Is that 1-2 months, 6 months, a year?

Second question: will WG be supporting the 360 as long as Microsoft does?  Or will there come a time when WG decides it is time to move solely to the Xbone?

DStegCat #26 Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25012 battles
  • [BACON]

Saberwing, will you adjust your prep routine for events like this? 

Answers are positive marketing while  "I can't answer" dashes any hope.  Emphasize the positive knowns while reducing the unknown which are interpreted negatively.  At least give us an idea that this has been discussed and is not a high priority at this time.

View PostSaberwing WGA, on 02 February 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

nam et ipsa scientia potestas est (for knowledge is itself power)  Francis Bacon - 1597

More Bacon

lIconic Reign #27 Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18314 battles
  • [KGB]

View PostSaberwing WGA, on 02 February 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Agreed on this, I would just say that I would love for an entire system to be developed around Community Tournaments in general in the future. A hub where games can be advertised, spectated, discussed, etc. At the moment that structure doesn't exist but as we develop more functionality in support of competitive play it's something I'd like to take a better look at.

agreed. that would be awesome to watch a wargaming hosted clan war or event and then immediately following watch a community ran 15v15 or whatever is going on. Would be the dream!

Also tagged with Saberwing, podcast, features, clans, exports, new content

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users