Anyone else freeze on Tundra?

Xbox One Map Rotation Freeze Crash Tundra

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Chaps Jr #1 Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:20 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles
I'm on Xbox One, and every time Tundra pops up in the map rotation, my entire console freezes and the game crashes. Anybody else experiencing this, and if not, how can I resolve the issue?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Semper Fortis

<o

WG Vindicator #2 Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

QA Analyst

• WG Staff
  • 102 battles

Hello Chaps Jr,

Are you still experiencing this? Do you get any error message when this occurs? We'll see what we can find on our end, but any additional info will be very helpful.

Thank you!

Chaps Jr #3 Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:45 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles

As soon as the map loading screen for Tundra pops up, I have about two seconds to close the game before it freezes my console. If I do not notice in time, it will stay on the loading screen for about ten minutes before it crashes the console, forcing it to reboot after about ten more minutes. On a couple occasions, it crashed to "World of Tanks service is unavailable at this time" and made me restart the game client.

It doesn't seem to be dependent on which vehicle I choose, or time of day, or anything other than the map itself.

I live in Central Florida and play on the NA East server, if that helps at all.

It also happened with Severogorsk when it was first implemented, but was fixed with a mini-patch a couple weeks later.

Thank you for taking time to reply.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Semper Fortis

<o

WG Vindicator #4 Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

QA Analyst

• WG Staff
  • 102 battles

Hello again, apologies for the delayed response.

"World of Tanks service is unavailable at this time" is usually do to you being disconnected from the game, you said you had to restart the game client. Do you mean that you had to completely close the game app and open it again, it would not let you press A to dismiss the message? Does this crash force the whole Xbox to reboot, even without you touching it, or it locks it and you are forced to power it down yourself?

Have you attempted to try and load into Tundra using Team Training, that way we could definitely be sure that this map is causing this to occur for you (a video would also be helpful if that is possible for you to get). Also we'd like to ask a few more questions to get a better idea of what may be going on:

1. Are you using an external HDD or just using the internal HDD of the Xbox One.

2. Are you using a wireless or wired connection.

3. Was the first time you experienced something similar when Severogorsk was implemented?

IV NITROGYN VI #5 Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7090 battles
Sorry for joking around but I thought this title was a pun lol

T-62A Three Marked

Solo player

SteampunkPagan #6 Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 94043 battles
  • [HDC-R]

Sorry wrong thread...

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 08 February 2016 - 11:39 PM.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Chaps Jr #7 Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:50 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles

View PostWG Vindicator, on 08 February 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

Hello again, apologies for the delayed response.

"World of Tanks service is unavailable at this time" is usually do to you being disconnected from the game, you said you had to restart the game client. Do you mean that you had to completely close the game app and open it again, it would not let you press A to dismiss the message? Does this crash force the whole Xbox to reboot, even without you touching it, or it locks it and you are forced to power it down yourself?

Have you attempted to try and load into Tundra using Team Training, that way we could definitely be sure that this map is causing this to occur for you (a video would also be helpful if that is possible for you to get). Also we'd like to ask a few more questions to get a better idea of what may be going on:

1. Are you using an external HDD or just using the internal HDD of the Xbox One.

2. Are you using a wireless or wired connection.

3. Was the first time you experienced something similar when Severogorsk was implemented?

1. I am using the internal 500GB HDD

2. I have a wireless broadband connection through Verizon

3. Severogorsk was the first time it ever happened, until the mini patch. Then only Tundra did it, rather than both of them.

As soon as the loading screen pops up, I have to immediately close the whole game app from the dashboard and wait long enough for the round to end before restarting the app. Otherwise, the console freezes up (but the WoT loading icon remains animated for a few minutes) and eventually crashes to reboot, with zero input on my end. It has happened with multiple vehicles on many occasions, at varying times of the day.

I just attempted a training room game. The console did not crash to reboot, but the game was stuck on the loading screen for quite a while before it completely froze up. I'm not a developer, but it seems to be using a lot of the physical memory on the console. Just closing the game app took a few minutes because my controller inputs were super delayed. The other players in the room said the game hadn't even started for them; they were waiting in the lobby.

I did get video capture of it happening via "Game DVR", but I don't know how to attach it to this message. It is in the captures associated with my gamertag (Chaps Jr), as well as my activity feed and profile showcase.

In the video, you can see me even out the teams and select "Start Game" as soon as possible. Then it sits on the map loading screen for about 30 seconds. In the final 10 seconds of the clip, I attempt to cycle through the information/tutorials on the side, at which point it locks up and remains locked for another fifteen minutes before I close the game app (I had the time limit on the game set to 10:00, so I know the round would have been over). At that time, it took a couple minutes to get back to the dashboard and close it because of what I perceive to be low physical memory.

I hope you can recreate it in your end. I don't want to waste your time if it's something on my end. Thank you for the help.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Semper Fortis

<o

Chaps Jr #8 Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles

View PostIV NITROGYN VI, on 08 February 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

Sorry for joking around but I thought this title was a pun lol

Haha I only noticed it after I posted 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Semper Fortis

<o

WG Vindicator #9 Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

QA Analyst

• WG Staff
  • 102 battles

Perfect, thank you, I can see the video here http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chaps%20Jr/video/14626485, there are a few sites like this that you can see the videos you record and easily link them :).

First could you try power cycling your kit, you can do this by doing the following:

1.     Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2.     Unplug the console's power cable. Wait ~30 seconds
  3.     Plug the console power cable back in.
  4.     Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

If this doesn't resolve anything, I hate to ask this, but have you attempted to delete and redownload the game? Could you also let me know how much space you have left on your HDD? Apologies for all the questions and the back and forth, but I do appreciate your patience :honoring:. In the meantime we're going to continue looking into this on our end, and see what we can find.

Chaps Jr #10 Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles

I have tried the power cycling several times to fix a syncing issue with Fallout 4, but it didn't seem to do anything. I will try reinstalling WoT and update you when it finishes.

This isn't a big deal for me as it is only one map. I just don't want it to be something wrong with the game's coding that could negatively affect a future patch. That would just cause problems for everyone on both sides.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Semper Fortis

<o

Chaps Jr #11 Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7444 battles

UPDATE

I just finished reinstalling the client, and everything seems to be okay. I loaded a Training Room on Tundra and nothing crashed or froze. I apologize if I wasted anyone's time. I guess my game files were just corrupted somewhere.

Thank you for your time and patience. 

There was a text error on the loading screen for Fisherman's Bay during a regular game. The game type showed as "Training", but it was a "Standard Battle". Nothing serious; probably something to do with having just left a Training Room.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Semper Fortis

<o

Also tagged with Xbox, One, Map, Rotation, Freeze, Crash, Tundra

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users