Camping Idling AFK

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

RuefulCenturion #41 Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24786 battles

View PostBuick350X, on 13 February 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

Needs to be on a sta​ircase or by a doorway with a shotgun or RPG....:trollface:

Pit Friend #42 Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33337 battles
  • [PTATO]

View Postmatoii321, on 13 February 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

New player here...

I understand this post is about people overcamping or stayin in the base from the beggining. But I gotta say, since I got the Wolverine as my first serious tank- in no other game camping is so much fun! I never stay around our base, watch where the lemings go and then try to get a good postition to cover them, find a bush, binocs and camo kicks in... pssst we found an enemy. Boom with that derp gun, back out, change postion, get to the second bush, rinse, A lot of FUN for me :)

And than one time I had a guy who tried to push my of my spot, I moved a bit and since he was in a KV1 he couldnt stop in time  he fell down, lost half his HP and rushed into the enemy. Then he sends me some hate mail about how im never gonna win this way etc. Didnt bother writing back. Am I the bad guy around here ? :)

There's a difference between setting up a shooting position and camping. You are doing it right being in a lightly armored vehicle with a good gun. As long as you're doing it in a position to shoot Reds or where they will be shortly that's a good thing. And relocating to keep your gun in the fight is always a good thing. 

Campers are the idiots that take up a position, usually far far from the Reds, and only move after the rest of the team are dead or the Reds break through and start shooting at them. They might actually win games finishing off the weakened Reds but they are absolutely no help to the rest of the team. And because sometimes it works they think it's a great strategy and keep doing it rather than actually doing something useful. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

CowboyTorry #43 Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 1216 battles

Just experienced how fun campers are, scratch that how stupid campers are.

Match starts, all our heavies move on the right flank, I pick the left flank with my wolverine.  As I take up position i notice that i am the only one on the left flank.  The two mediums in our team move a few meters from there starting location and camp there.  Guess they think they should protect the artillery.

As usual when I am alone on the enemy picks my side to launch their main offensive.  I manage to bag two enemy tanks, dodge a couple of artillery strikes before I get outflanked and shot to pieces.

Meanwhile the heavies did not fare better and were slaughtered on the right.  But our two medium campers still stay close to their bush.  Needless to say when the enemy rolled down on them they lasted not long.

at least the enemy artillery got some practice on the campers.

SpartanFire71 #44 Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23814 battles
The best is when it's a team destruction, and they pop tents at the spawn location. Meanwhile the red team moves as one crushing force.

There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

HARDCORE 2Omk #45 Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26455 battles

View Postmatoii321, on 13 February 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

New player here...

I understand this post is about people overcamping or stayin in the base from the beggining. But I gotta say, since I got the Wolverine as my first serious tank- in no other game camping is so much fun! I never stay around our base, watch where the lemings go and then try to get a good postition to cover them, find a bush, binocs and camo kicks in... pssst we found an enemy. Boom with that derp gun, back out, change postion, get to the second bush, rinse, A lot of FUN for me :)

And than one time I had a guy who tried to push my of my spot, I moved a bit and since he was in a KV1 he couldnt stop in time  he fell down, lost half his HP and rushed into the enemy. Then he sends me some hate mail about how im never gonna win this way etc. Didnt bother writing back. Am I the bad guy around here ? :)

ask ur self. Am I camping or posting up. Sniping..

Lol welcome to wot

If Patton had a choice? He would be in a E50! Signature by xRoni7x..

Monster trucking in a Pz 5/4 http://xboxdvr.com/g...k/video/5866659

HARDCORE 2Omk #46 Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26455 battles

View PostBuick350X, on 13 February 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

ur dumb! They have grenade's for a reason!  If that's ur style.

Then my famous words are!

GO BACK TO CoD then!! 

This is not cod! No respawns. One shot with u potatoes.

And I love how bad camper's tunnel vision!!

:facepalm:

Edited by HARDCORE 20mk, 15 February 2016 - 11:50 PM.

mutatedspecies1 #47 Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 36972 battles

View PostbusterALAN, on 12 February 2016 - 01:34 AM, said:

I love it when you fight your way through half of the red team and your tank has seen better days and you get killed by some heavy tank camping on their spawn on full health.

If you camp in one place It would've great if their position got lit up after mate 20 seconds or something excluding Arty's of course.

Especially when you are making an end run around their perimeter in the Cromwell to spot those nasty arty and BAM there is a full health heavy camping to ruin your day but hopefully you light up the offending camper long enough for your arty to ruin his day like I did on Prok earliler this morning.
 Yes the camping heavy took me out but I did light him and two of their arty up for our arty so it did end well for us anyhow.

'I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you 

realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Darth_Sliver #48 Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 890 battles
I don't really camp but more say let the sheep get themselves killed and spot the enemy team for me. You are no good to me dead, you can at least die spotting for me. I also don't always stay in the back, mainly if I am playing with my arty friend you will find me chilling in the back closer to Arty. I on more occassions go get myself killed and my binocalur guy and radio always seem to stop working from the few lucky shots making my spotting useless at times lol. 

Buick350X #49 Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6659 battles
  • [HELLC]

View PostHARDCORE 20mk, on 15 February 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

ur dumb! They have grenade's for a reason!  If that's ur style.

Then my famous words are!

GO BACK TO CoD then!! 

This is not cod! No respawns. One shot with u potatoes.

And I love how bad camper's tunnel vision!!

:facepalm:

" Why didn't I take the
blue pill ^ "
Join HELLCATS WoT Clan...

http://console.world...en/clans/HELLC/

Sneekyweasel #50 Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 30273 battles
Camping (god I hate that term) shows a lack of skill and testicular fortitude.

Forget the potatoes, give peas a chance.

EL3PHANT RID3RS #51 Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:19 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26588 battles
  • [FLT]
I spawned south on fisherman's today in my 183 . I drove up 1 line , got in bush and let binos kick in . Lit up a tier x in the top left town , hit him for dmg . 3 more reds pop up and I drop a waffle , I'm still unspotted . There's a green heavy 200 yrds behind me , but I didn't even know he was there . All of a sudden this other dude starts screaming in the mic that "el3phant rid3rs and *** are worthless campers , and we're heavies camping in the back not helping the team" . He kept cussing and saying my name , calling me out , complaining about heavies camping . I plugged my mic in and told him I was in the 183 , not a heavy , idiot . How do you not know the 183 is a td ?

Shalimar Slayer #52 Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:51 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25789 battles
  • [TRB]

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 13 February 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

Needs to be on a sta​ircase or by a doorway with a shotgun or RPG....:trollface:

He has a noob tube...

As an Asian, WGW cannot math.

RuefulCenturion #53 Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:20 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24786 battles

View PostShalimar Slayer, on 16 February 2016 - 11:51 PM, said:

He has a noob tube...

Yeah, but CoD players should at least camp inside a room by a doo​r or on a staircase so they're almost guaranteed to hit. :P

HARDCORE 2Omk #54 Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26455 battles

I HATE CAMPER'S!!

XIX DiRTY XIX #55 Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:49 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6548 battles
  • [_DTB_]
Depends on where the player is camping. If they are camping at a choke point or another place that is practically guaranteed to see enemy tanks, then I see that as just fine. Camping at our own base is what I don't like.

Warsteiner 1 #56 Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:11 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 39307 battles
  • [C-X-L]

IMHO...id rather have a camper than a YOLO'er on my team. but hey , that's me.

Crossdust6 #57 Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 61843 battles
  • [HFOF]

Camping vs Tactical positioning

It makes perfect sense to me to get into a good defensive spot knowing that the opposing team are going to come at you.  I would rather be in a great position, knowing that I am more likely to bounce shots and be able to hold a flank etc than run out like a lemming and die quickly.  You see it all the time resulting in your team mates becoming armchair Generals upset that you didn't do as they did and die.   I constantly check the map see where I am needed and get into a hull down position and help the team win, albeit when the rest of your team are dropping like flies with the drag knuckle approach muttering, " Tank must kill, must shoot something."   It is amazing knowing that the loss is almost guaranteed when you see the lemmings all run out one by one to die.  The good players use tactics, cover not run out and die.   Don't believe me just watch and listen in game.  Usually the General Pattons of the game pretty much moan and complain at how crap everybody is and how they are great and their stats prove it, yet they are dead early in the game.  Funny that. 

SpartanFire71 #58 Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23814 battles
I am a little way from green WN8. Still noobish and unsure of many fighting positions.  I did learn that some stop and camp instead of getting to a protected position to fire. Scared valley: bottom of map spawn, everything goes left. One heavy goes right flank and a light and arty stay in base. I am in Ram 2 and I think I should protect right with heavy as he must know what he's doing.  He stops to snipe across valley with no good shots. I'm thinking rhis spells trouble and he has no clue that he's going to get bum rushed as he's not getting in a position to fight what's got to be coming to his right. I retreat to a better position. Wait and figure I will be dead soon .  I end up with 7 kills anf let one last green heavy kill the last arty or would have had 8. Oh, the camping on the ridge heavy trying to snipe across valley died very quickly.

There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

DistastefulDodo #59 Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13122 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostHARDCORE 20mk, on 11 February 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

Just wondering if you really have fun camping and idling?

I'm mean isn't it awesome sitting back watching ur teammates die. Asking for help. Get nothing back.

So then a unicum comes along and goes ham and steal all ur damage, kills and xp.

Or u don't have a unicum on ur team and get oilpan funked by a hungry wolfpack!

Hummmm. Yeah that sounds like alot of fun!! :bush::facepalm:

♠♠

Ask Dumps and Delta :trollface:

PoppaBot #60 Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12526 battles
  • [61ST]
playing as arty, I wish more players camp :arta:

Edited by PoppaBot, 23 February 2016 - 01:43 PM.

Also tagged with Camping, Idling, AFK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users