Why Has Nobody Mentioned This Huge Issue?

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

SSgt Dogmeat #61 Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29061 battles
  • [FAME-]
Plus 1000. Thank you for bringing it to the table!!!

TancDeCurseRO #62 Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13507 battles
  • [STRNG]

Hopefully we are going to see both enemy and friendly tank names. :unsure:

GOOD LUCK ON THE BATTLEFIELD  !! :izmena:

AdmrHackett #63 Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:17 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16744 battles

View PostPanzerPuffins, on 13 February 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

I do express my annoyance with this issue, but I feel the "shot coming out the barrel at 90 degrees" is a bigger issue.

View PostR13 DeWolf, on 13 February 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

I agree totally....or they pass through the target without damage

Nothing WG can do to fix lag from a programming stand point. Upgrade your internet or use the nearest server.

PLK180W #64 Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles
Why can't the tank information be prioritised to the rectical aim point? 
Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

AdmrHackett #65 Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:43 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16744 battles

View PostPLK180W, on 14 February 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

Why can't the tank information be prioritised to the rectical aim point? 

It is, but it extends all the way out to your health and reload bars. It actually prioritizes the closest tank to you, which just happens to be allies usually. What they need to do is shrink that zone by 50-75%.

Avvakening #66 Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:49 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13856 battles
  • [BOAT]

View PostAdmrHackett, on 14 February 2016 - 08:43 PM, said:

It is, but it extends all the way out to your health and reload bars. It actually prioritizes the closest tank to you, which just happens to be allies usually. What they need to do is shrink that zone by 50-75%.

I actually haven't noticed that it prioritizes the closest tank unless it's literally right in your face, but that's just because the tank takes up more of your screen. This is definitely not the cause for the issue shown in the OP, but rather there being a larger detection zone for displaying the additional information above a tank class icon around allies instead of enemies. The detection zone for enemies is much smaller in comparison.

MrConway WG #67 Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:32 AM

EU English Community Coordinator

• Players
  • 0 battles
This is a very valid piece of feedback and I will make sure to forward it on!

Aidan43 #68 Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20668 battles
Also in the second picture you can't use your radial command to request fire as your team mate is too close and end up sending him a message. 

Signature by Sqn Ldr B

t0iislh.png

Re-searching, Centurion 7/1, T34-2, AMX 50 120, Indien-Panzer, E-75, 113, ISU-152, Sturer-Emil

ChEntE 1503 #69 Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 58185 battles

View PostTBA Awakening, on 14 February 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

I actually haven't noticed that it prioritizes the closest tank unless it's literally right in your face, but that's just because the tank takes up more of your screen. This is definitely not the cause for the issue shown in the OP, but rather there being a larger detection zone for displaying the additional information above a tank class icon around allies instead of enemies. The detection zone for enemies is much smaller in comparison.

+1 very good point.  Another annoying part of the in-game info is the kill list, I would much rather see what tank, not the gamertag on screen.  I do not like having to play the matching game, especially late in the game.  

SnipersLaww #70 Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12853 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostTBA Awakening, on 13 February 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

This thought has been with me for months now and I have yet to see anybody post about it or even speak a word of it. Just today has been the only time I've ever heard anyone say anything at all about it.

The issue is with the tank name showing above an enemy tank's icon while playing.

What's wrong with it?

That right there is what's wrong with it. The padding space for friendly tanks is so much greater than enemy tanks. The game seems to prioritize being able to see the tank name of an ally over an enemy for whatever reason. If there was an ally to the left of this image as well, it would literally be impossible to point your camera at the enemy tank icons to see what tank it is. For all you know, that heavy could be anything ranging from an ST-I to a Tiger. This issue is amplified when you're in high-tier games trying to figure out what TD the enemy is driving; it could be a Deathstar or it could just be an SU-122-54.

The obvious fix is to make the game prioritize the on-screen name of an enemy tank rather than a friendly tank or at the very least give them even padding. I'd MUCH rather know if there's a Deathstar around the corner than know what my team mate is driving.

Prime example:

Just look at that tiny amount of space your camera needs to be in to see the name of that enemy medium tank compared to the space that will allow you to see a friendly tank. This seriously needs to be fixed.

What it should be like (I'm not going to go through the hastle of editing the name above the tanks, but you should get the point):

I actually complained about this months ago (multiple times).. back when we were messing with the names... at one point we had pretty much everyone's information being displayed all the time.. which I myself didnt really mind.. but apparently some people thought it was too cluttered and so the devs changed it to what we have now.. I then complained about what you are currently complaining about...(multiple times) about not being able to see what an enemy tank is simply because you happen to have an ally "somewhere" between you and that enemy >_>

Currently owned tanks listed in profile.

VoxCalibre #71 Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10344 battles
  • [-13-]
I must say there have been moments that this has caused some issues for me. Not often though. If it's in view and spotted you don't really need the name to tell what the tank is, but if it's in cover it's a pain. 

Ghost Sniper33 #72 Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 2261 battles

I rather they pull all info out other then if they're frendly or not.

In real war you don't know what tank your up against unless you ID it.  and you sure as hell don't know what dmanage it has if any, whats working on ect. and you ususalyl don't know if its dead or playing dead untill you verify it or see the turret go flying. 

Avvakening #73 Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13856 battles
  • [BOAT]

View PostMrConway WG, on 15 February 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

This is a very valid piece of feedback and I will make sure to forward it on!

I really hope you added a link to this post or made the request special in some way. I have literally never seen this forum agree on something so heavily in a single place. 84 upvotes around here is unheard of and I'm sure it'll end up reaching the triple digits which is even more insanely unheard of around here. It's obvious that something needs to be done about this and I really hope the developers will be made aware of this.

ArtyHarHar #74 Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18119 battles
What, you all don't like surprises?  Don't like having to guess whether the TD you are thinking about charging is a slow as snail to traverse T28 with great frontal armor or a Jgpanther II that can traverse faster then you can flank and a lower plate easy to pen or a low alpha but rapid fire AT or a Proto with a turret or a Russian one shot ticket to the garage with bad aiming time?    Neither do I.

Avvakening #75 Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13856 battles
  • [BOAT]

View PostArtyHarHar, on 15 February 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

What, you all don't like surprises?  Don't like having to guess whether the TD you are thinking about charging is a slow as snail to traverse T28 with great frontal armor or a Jgpanther II that can traverse faster then you can flank and a lower plate easy to pen or a low alpha but rapid fire AT or a Proto with a turret or a Russian one shot ticket to the garage with bad aiming time?    Neither do I.

I clench my butt cheeks every time I turn a corner thinking a 15 cm gun was something else :ohmy:

AdmrHackett #76 Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16744 battles

View PostTBA Awakening, on 14 February 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

If you take a closer look all the examples given every allied tank was in fact within the border between the bars. So yes I'm in fact correct.

Lord Quixote #77 Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:20 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12611 battles
  • [LV]

This is infuriating, I agree. Especially when your teammates are not willing to communicate.

Having to thrash the cursor back and forth and zoom in and out just to see what's been spotted is a massive annoyance. You should be able to toggle friendly tank info on and off.

come and get them

Bob4Scott #78 Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11560 battles
  • [KRAKN]

View PostTBA Awakening, on 13 February 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

This thought has been with me for months now and I have yet to see anybody post about it or even speak a word of it. Just today has been the only time I've ever heard anyone say anything at all about it.

The issue is with the tank name showing above an enemy tank's icon while playing.

What's wrong with it?

That right there is what's wrong with it. The padding space for friendly tanks is so much greater than enemy tanks. The game seems to prioritize being able to see the tank name of an ally over an enemy for whatever reason. If there was an ally to the left of this image as well, it would literally be impossible to point your camera at the enemy tank icons to see what tank it is. For all you know, that heavy could be anything ranging from an ST-I to a Tiger. This issue is amplified when you're in high-tier games trying to figure out what TD the enemy is driving; it could be a Deathstar or it could just be an SU-122-54.

The obvious fix is to make the game prioritize the on-screen name of an enemy tank rather than a friendly tank or at the very least give them even padding. I'd MUCH rather know if there's a Deathstar around the corner than know what my team mate is driving.

Prime example:

Just look at that tiny amount of space your camera needs to be in to see the name of that enemy medium tank compared to the space that will allow you to see a friendly tank. This seriously needs to be fixed.

What it should be like (I'm not going to go through the hastle of editing the name above the tanks, but you should get the point):

no Hp bars and no tank name visible unless you have a direct line of sight on target is the only way it should be. You should only see if its a light, medium, heavy, Td or an arty. If there is anything between you and your target even if its a bush or small rock you should not be able to see what tank model it is and how many Hp left. 
No clear visual on target = no clear info for you. That works very well. If you want the info go ahead and take a look and take the risk.  

View PostTangoThatAlpha, on 13 February 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

I remember when it did prioritize the enemy info over the friendlies. It would fill your screen with enemy data to the point of overload. However, I would like to see a balance back to it, where if I aim at a red it will give me the info.

When you have direct line of sight and no obstruction between you and your target and when you are close enough to have it in view range you should see the info otherwise you should think twice and proceed with caution if you dont like to be suprised. 

View PostFlukeyHen7502, on 13 February 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

Why should you know what tank is around a corner from far away?
There's two levels of spotting
"Hey there's something there"
And "identified"

I've had reds pop up in my view before but I don't get the spotting ribbon
Because all my commander saw was a machine gun or some antenna and the rack disappears quick.

I think it should be that way

This nonsense of highlighted tanks in red with s life bar is s little silly
If you're looking dead at if
Then you have that info?

But around a corner?
What kinda binocs you got mounted, X-ray?

It would be boring if you would know it before you can directly see it. And would also makes the battles more stupid and too easy when no 

View PostKaiserVonKrieg, on 13 February 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

so much yesssss.

I want to see what enemy tank is what without doing math and looking at roster on map screen and guessing which of of those tanks it might be of that type.

Prioritize enemy tanks pls.

we should make the info available permanent when 

View PostxRoni7x, on 13 February 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

I made a thread about it ages ago. It got ignored. It is really annoying when trying to identify a red.

because there is risk, when you try to identify? lol 

View PostTKE919, on 13 February 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

Very good point. +1.

It would also be nice if we could also have the actual number of hit points an enemy vehicle has vs. just some not-that-helpful red bar.

View PostMako360, on 14 February 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Yep, have hated this from Day 1, obvious oversight by devs, who clearly don't play the game as often as we do.  If they did, this would annoy the s*** out of them and they'd fix it.

Not hyperbole, literally the very first day playing you notice this if you have a brain in your head at all.

maybe they like to be suprised and they could handle the risk or reward by find out what is over there because its part of the game as well as getting one shotted sometimes by a bigger shell. 
Take the challenge, pay attention be suprised and earn your reward or just die trying. 
There are also other options, example? Go cap or drown yourself if you cant handle it when you get destroyed by something you dont know what it is. Sometimes you catch them when they looked to a different direction and sometimes you moved to the wrong direction, thats it.

View Postsquidkilla1179, on 14 February 2016 - 02:30 AM, said:

Yes, I've been saying this for awhile. Please WG this would be a very logical and helpful fix. Having to ask a friend what kind of tank is right on your screen is impractical.

boom deathstar it was, waitin for you.

View PostSG Kage, on 14 February 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

IIRC this issue was brought up and enemy tank info was prioritized over teammates.

There was an incredible outcry and they switched back to the system we have now. So forumers may prefer it one way and the general public does not.

So why not give is an option to customize our HUD?

signs are enough if there are more then one pay attention. 

View PostDecommisions, on 14 February 2016 - 04:13 AM, said:

Hopefully they address the UI pretty soon. In garage and in game. Knowing the exact hp would be helpful. I would hope that in the next patch it includes only UI fixes and map updates.

Just try or die... 2 days ago i crushed a T95 and a T25AT on Dragonridge side by side first the T95 get destroyed by it and the T25AT had only my front  on it and got destroyed when i slowly moved while my Jagdtiger 8,8 stuck on both of them for more then 5min. I tried to free my tank and made it right at the moment.when a T28 Prototype came downhill and stuck behind the 2 wrecks he hit me when i turned slowly, took a quarter of my HP, but i finished him with 3 shells in the rearside. But there is no medal for crushing 2 tanks in one battle. If i would have known there is the T95 full of health i wouldnt choose this point maybe so thats was epic for me 

View PostSM0KY KNIGHT, on 14 February 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

Remove all names. Keep the make of tank   Maybe, have clan tags over the tanks, if anything?  Waste of content?   I believe that the lettering above the tanks was reduced a year or so after complaints of Huge lettering.  

class is enough

View PostVoxCalibre, on 15 February 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

I must say there have been moments that this has caused some issues for me. Not often though. If it's in view and spotted you don't really need the name to tell what the tank is, but if it's in cover it's a pain. 

View PostArtyHarHar, on 15 February 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

thats the game...  

Im still ready to Platoon with tier V up to tier IX i also have tanks tier I-V in my garage. I Play on NA-East from rushhour to midnight (servertime) mostly. I use a headset but dont need to talk much but tactical. I would never become a unicum. i grind stock tanks sometimes and want fun, buddies and win more battles. Feel free to add me/send pm in forum or in xboxlive.

Avvakening #79 Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13856 battles
  • [BOAT]

View PostBob4Scott, on 16 February 2016 - 04:30 AM, said:

no Hp bars and no tank name visible unless you have a direct line of sight on target is the only way it should be. You should only see if its a light, medium, heavy, Td or an arty. If there is anything between you and your target even if its a bush or small rock you should not be able to see what tank model it is and how many Hp left. 
No clear visual on target = no clear info for you. That works very well. If you want the info go ahead and take a look and take the risk.  

When you have direct line of sight and no obstruction between you and your target and when you are close enough to have it in view range you should see the info otherwise you should think twice and proceed with caution if you dont like to be suprised. 

It would be boring if you would know it before you can directly see it. And would also makes the battles more stupid and too easy when no 

we should make the info available permanent when 

because there is risk, when you try to identify? lol 

maybe they like to be suprised and they could handle the risk or reward by find out what is over there because its part of the game as well as getting one shotted sometimes by a bigger shell. 
Take the challenge, pay attention be suprised and earn your reward or just die trying. 
There are also other options, example? Go cap or drown yourself if you cant handle it when you get destroyed by something you dont know what it is. Sometimes you catch them when they looked to a different direction and sometimes you moved to the wrong direction, thats it.

boom deathstar it was, waitin for you.

signs are enough if there are more then one pay attention. 

Just try or die... 2 days ago i crushed a T95 and a T25AT on Dragonridge side by side first the T95 get destroyed by it and the T25AT had only my front  on it and got destroyed when i slowly moved while my Jagdtiger 8,8 stuck on both of them for more then 5min. I tried to free my tank and made it right at the moment.when a T28 Prototype came downhill and stuck behind the 2 wrecks he hit me when i turned slowly, took a quarter of my HP, but i finished him with 3 shells in the rearside. But there is no medal for crushing 2 tanks in one battle. If i would have known there is the T95 full of health i wouldnt choose this point maybe so thats was epic for me 

class is enough

thats the game...  

I don't know what you're on about. What you're suggesting is an entirely different concept of going about the spotting system. This thread is simply suggesting an alteration to the current system so that it is overall easier for the player to utilize..

well memed sir #80 Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9617 battles
91 likes :o
GUM LOADED 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users