Jump to content


Garbage Tank? Yeah, right...


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

redmike1617 #1 Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:11 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15223 battles
  • 323
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014

You might never make money driving the PZ 2J, but that doesn't mean you can't get could results and do better than the rest of the team!

Spoiler

3 words of advice to success when running the Pz 2J:

  1. Load nothing but APCR, the AP ammo isn't going to cut it against most tanks (hence why this tank never makes a credit profit).
  2. Prioritize tanks that you can kill and can kill you, then target tanks that you can kill but can't kill you. Never target tanks that you can't kill (I.E. other Pz 2Js and Matildas).
  3. Use heavy tank tactics of armor angling and going hull down. Also use the terrain to prevent the enemy for getting around to your sides and rear.


LOSTVENGENCE96 #2 Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23548 battles
  • 7,710
  • Member since:
    05-10-2015
It's not that hard seal clubbing.

Cojackthegamer #3 Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 10171 battles
  • 257
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015
no offense man but seal clubing isn't a tale of glory

Sovietdeath #4 Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View Postredmike1617, on 18 February 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

You might never make money driving the PZ 2J, but that doesn't mean you can't get could results and do better than the rest of the team!

Spoiler

3 words of advice to success when running the Pz 2J:

  1. Load nothing but APCR, the AP ammo isn't going to cut it against most tanks (hence why this tank never makes a credit profit).
  2. Prioritize tanks that you can kill and can kill you, then target tanks that you can kill but can't kill you. Never target tanks that you can't kill (I.E. other Pz 2Js and Matildas).
  3. Use heavy tank tactics of armor angling and going hull down. Also use the terrain to prevent the enemy for getting around to your sides and rear.

 

Or u know not waste so much premium ammo and play well

 



redmike1617 #5 Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15223 battles
  • 323
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014

View PostSovietdeath, on 18 February 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

 

Or u know not waste so much premium ammo and play well

 

 

1. Post results that were taken within the last couple of months. Things change quickly.

 

2. Lets assume you get the rear or side of a tank and empty the clip, 3 shots miss due to the horrible accuracy and firing bloom. Another 2-3 hit at auto-bounce angles or eat track. That leaves you with between 4-6 shots that can pen. A lot of tanks at tier 3 have at least 25mm of side armor or more. Now would you rather have the ammo that does 23mm average pen, or the one that does 46mm average pen? The proof lies in our stats. You have a hit ratio 57.46% and an average damage/battle of 207, while I have hit ratio 57.12% and an average damage/battle of 247.



x Papadox #6 Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14725 battles
  • 628
  • [RDDTX]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
Why are you bringing stats into seal clubbing? For real, you're just making your case worse. 

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte


redmike1617 #7 Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15223 battles
  • 323
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014

View PostYoUr PaPaDoX, on 18 February 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

Why are you bringing stats into seal clubbing? For real, you're just making your case worse. 

 

One line. From one line you assume that I am making this about stats, when in reality that info was a valid evidence to prove my point. It proves that even though our hit ratios are near identical, I have manage more damage per battle using APCR over AP.

x Papadox #8 Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:28 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14725 battles
  • 628
  • [RDDTX]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
That tends to be the case when firing premium ammo, as any average player well knows. Valid evidence or not, it's still seal clubbing.

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte


Nocturnal814 #9 Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16690 battles
  • 9,952
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

1 good game does not a good tank make

 

 

(Also, why worry about tanks getting to your sides and rear when they are every bit as armored as the front? )



something, something, something, dark side...

redmike1617 #10 Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:03 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15223 battles
  • 323
  • Member since:
    08-04-2014

View PostNocturnal814, on 18 February 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

(Also, why worry about tanks getting to your sides and rear when they are every bit as armored as the front? )

 

Um, the sides and rear of the hull and turret are only 50mm, where as the front of both is 80mm. As a general rule of thumb, keep your strongest armor to the enemy.

Edited by redmike1617, 18 February 2016 - 04:06 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users