Why I Haven't Been Playing And Why I Probably Won't Ever Play Regularly Again

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

Turboclicker #21 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22110 battles

View Postquadrider101, on 16 March 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

I will add one other issue. Platoons, lately have been 3-4 artys per team. This is a huge problem. When they are on a make that is good for them you can't enjoy your game. When they are on a map that is not arty friendly a 3rd of your team is useless. Same can be said for any tank class really. Too many of one class is not fun for anyone.

I do believe this is an issue, but I believe the three points I made in the OP are the major problems to be solved.

BigWahala #22 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22577 battles
  • [JOCO]
Ice, you take it too seriously. Good teams/bad teams happen every team game. WG aren't going to listen and make half the changed you are so passionate about. So.that leaves two options...start playing for fun or don't

Turboclicker #23 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:33 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22110 battles

View PostBigWahala, on 16 March 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

Ice, you take it too seriously. Good teams/bad teams happen every team game. WG aren't going to listen and make half the changed you are so passionate about. So.that leaves two options...start playing for fun or don't

I don't take it too seriously. This game requires more time and effort to get into and play than most I've ever played. I've also spent more money on this game than any other game, ever. I'm talking something like 300% more than the next top game, and that game is something like 200% more than the one after it.

I wish this game to be fun again, and for it to be fun again, at least some of these issues need to be resolved.

I'm fully aware WG don't care all that much. I'm still holding onto a tiny bit of optimism that they wake up and realize these problems exist and do something about them.

UR TANK SPLODED #24 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11948 battles

View PostCowboyArizona, on 16 March 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

In some ways there is an answer embedded within your own original message.  Playing within the mid-tiers.  Where the balance still remains.

View PostTurboclicker, on 16 March 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Which isn't fun for me. See: Can't adapt.

The reward for reaching tier X on console is broken vehicles and broken 5-man platoons.  >>>>___________<<<< that spot is where my suggestions for improvement used to go.  For me the solution was to start over on PC.  Swapped the set of problems that I could not accept for a set of problems that I can accept and move forward.

Imhidingshh #25 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17762 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postv1tr1us2, on 16 March 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

I don't understand how WGA think tier 10 TDs are balanced. They can do close to everything that the other classes can do. 

There's a difference between thinking they're balanced and giving enough of a [edited] to actually balance them. 

#BUNKER!! 

The only team in WoT is the yellow team

#BRING BACK LADY O

Darth Wookius #26 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18696 battles

View PostNot that proud, on 16 March 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

First, it's a 15 X 15 team game. There are going to be games you lose even when you do well and games you win even when you do poorly. I don't think that is a problem with WOT. It's just a problem with team games and individual performance. If we were playing basketball, I can have a triple double in a loss. Or I can shoot 1/15 in a win. What change could possibly affect that?

He means that usually you have it so one team the "best" player earns at most 600xp while the "worst" player on the other team earns at least 900-1200xp. It is unbalanced by the fact that one team consistently gets players who are good enough that by themselves they are worth 2-3 players on the one team while the other team frequently gets players who need to have 2-3 other players nearby to cover their own weaknesses(be it due to personal skill, poor skill with their chosen tank, or poor skill on the currently playing map). I can't tell you how many times I see a E-100 driver run circles over an opposing E-100 completely destroying the rival E-100 while taking little to no damage in return(same instance with T110E3/4/5 drivers, etc.). Turboclicker simply means as I said that its not down to simply luck, but it comes down to one team having 3-4 players who are worth individually 2-3 players on the other team while the other team is composed of players who don't really know what they are doing or are simply unskilled for the tier they are playing at.

Imhidingshh #27 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:41 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17762 battles
  • [BNKR]
Unfortunantley I think only the minority or WG staff actually listen/care about what players have to say, and none of them have any say in what happens with the game. PAIN's been missing in action that long I'm not even sure he works there anymore? 

#BUNKER!! 

The only team in WoT is the yellow team

#BRING BACK LADY O

Fear Da Butter #28 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34717 battles

View PostTurboclicker, on 16 March 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

At one point, I was one of the most active forum users and players. I will not place a rant here.

My current and ongoing problem is three-fold. All three stem from a lack of balance in Public Matches.

First off, the more important one, games are incredibly lopsided more often than not with one side dominating the other. I rarely have games where both teams seem genuinely balanced and it comes down to critical moments. More often than not, one team just steamrolls the other, and that team could be mine one game, and the red team the next game. The problem with this is I don't feel like I'm contributing all that much either way. If I'm on the winning team, I can do nothing and still win, and if I'm on the losing team, I could get more damage than anyone on either side, get 6 kills, and still lose by 3-4 tanks. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I wish it was fixed regardless.

Second, the maps are not the best due to a specific problem. The maps are obviously tailored towards a tank class or two instead of offering options and viability to all five classes. We have plenty of city maps where artillery is crippled, lights are mostly crippled, mediums are not crippled, but are weakened, and heavies and TDs are King. We also have the opposite, field and open maps where Lights, Artilleries, and TDs are in their prime, but Heavies are scared like elephants to mice. That's right, the massive, heavy, well armored and well armed, breakthrough tanks are scared hiding behind bushes because they don't have a role on the map.

I've heard Skorpion Pass is not like this, and that map is genuinely good to all classes, as they have places they can succeed. If so, we need more maps like that, and less maps that restrict how you can play.

Third, and this is also a big one, tank balance. This problem is only really present in problematic quantities at tiers VIII through X. The balance below these tiers are generally good. At these tiers however, the game is dominated heavily by specific tanks. The PC game has its own problems with balance, but generally I find it to be the far better game in terms of balance. The main problem tanks at the higher tiers are:

• Certain artillery (M53/55, CGC) are too powerful.
  • TDs as a whole from tiers VIII-X are too powerful.
  • Mediums at tier X, to an extent, are too powerful.
  • Heavies, at tier X, are too weak.
  • Lights, at tiers VI-VIII, are too weak.

This creates an atmosphere that isn't fun to play in. Playing a heavy is an exercise in frustration as TDs run rampant in numbers and are not only your direct counter, but are also able to do your role almost as well. Lights, are pretty much replaced by mediums entirely as tier VIII lights don't do much a tier IX or X medium can't do. Mediums are a problem because they do the light's job too well, but also because of how good they are in general. Their penetration is second to only TDs and their playstyle and ability works better than any other class at this tier. I don't know how to fix mediums. Artillery as a whole I find to be a bad game mechanic, but they aren't unbalanced mostly, except for the M53/55 and CGC at this tier.

Of course this is all my opinion, but I do find it to be entirely correct and informed.

This thread is only here to hopefully show WG what quite a few players are thinking, and to hopefully improve their game for the better.

I also know this post won't do much, but I wanted to make it anyway.

Please show your support if you agree, it is the only way to make progress, even if it is unlikely.

Stop crying and get good kid.  Nothing in life is fair or easy if it's worth anything.

:trollface:

Win8  2735.84  Win7 2184.11  EFF 1918.11  

moosehaT o #29 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27343 battles

well clearly the game is balanced, that's why nothing has been done :harp:

Spoiler

"For a pessimist, i'm pretty optimistic"

KeeefyD #30 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11026 battles

Different mindsets, it takes all sorts and you and I are definitely different mindsets.

I'm sorry you feel this way IceSev but for me, I accept the game as it is: an ongoing thing and that teams are 'bad' (even more so as we individually improve) but I just enjoy it, I can't help it. Sounds like you don't anymore.

I don't always agree with you but you don't actually seem like a ranter. Those are the people who set themselves up for not enjoying it, so I have no answers for what you're feeling.

I can genuinely say it would be a shame to see you go but.. if that's how you feel, move on, do something else. 

HailofSteel #31 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19981 battles
The real reason for lopsided games is that WOT continues to attract new players.Back in the early days, post launch, teams were comprised of mostly beta players who knew each other .Games were nailbiters often coming down to 2 on 2 matches.But nowadays games are lopsided because we have a lot of great players and a lot of latecomers.Many players thought this game wouldnt last or thought they wouldnt like it.Two years in many of those are bored with their other games and finally downloading it. So now we have many of those good players from beta now mixing it up with the fresh meat.So in essence,WG has fallen victim to its own success.The only way to fix it is to remove all ads and stop getting new players until the ones we have catch up with the rest.

BigWahala #32 Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22577 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostKeeefyD, on 16 March 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

Different mindsets, it takes all sorts and you and I are definitely different mindsets.

I'm sorry you feel this way IceSev but for me, I accept the game as it is: an ongoing thing and that teams are 'bad' (even more so as we individually improve) but I just enjoy it, I can't help it. Sounds like you don't anymore.

I don't always agree with you but you don't actually seem like a ranter. Those are the people who set themselves up for not enjoying it, so I have no answers for what you're feeling.

I can genuinely say it would be a shame to see you go but.. if that's how you feel, move on, do something else. 

^^^^^^

This...they are not going to change it, either accept that or move on.

Most people here will agree there are issues that should be addressed but even after two years I still enjoy playing despite the flaws,

Fear Da Butter #33 Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34717 battles

View PostHailofSteel, on 16 March 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

The real reason for lopsided games is that WOT continues to attract new players.Back in the early days, post launch, teams were comprised of mostly beta players who knew each other .Games were nailbiters often coming down to 2 on 2 matches.But nowadays games are lopsided because we have a lot of great players and a lot of latecomers.Many players thought this game wouldnt last or thought they wouldnt like it.Two years in many of those are bored with their other games and finally downloading it. So now we have many of those good players from beta now mixing it up with the fresh meat.So in essence,WG has fallen victim to its own success.The only way to fix it is to remove all ads and stop getting new players until the ones we have catch up with the rest.

How true this is...  Sad to say but the good o days are long gone....

Win8  2735.84  Win7 2184.11  EFF 1918.11  

Not that proud #34 Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17494 battles

View PostDarth Wookius, on 16 March 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

He means that usually you have it so one team the "best" player earns at most 600xp while the "worst" player on the other team earns at least 900-1200xp. It is unbalanced by the fact that one team consistently gets players who are good enough that by themselves they are worth 2-3 players on the one team while the other team frequently gets players who need to have 2-3 other players nearby to cover their own weaknesses(be it due to personal skill, poor skill with their chosen tank, or poor skill on the currently playing map). I can't tell you how many times I see a E-100 driver run circles over an opposing E-100 completely destroying the rival E-100 while taking little to no damage in return(same instance with T110E3/4/5 drivers, etc.). Turboclicker simply means as I said that its not down to simply luck, but it comes down to one team having 3-4 players who are worth individually 2-3 players on the other team while the other team is composed of players who don't really know what they are doing or are simply unskilled for the tier they are playing at.

I'm not sure that's what he said, but he can clarify if he wants. 

Marcio80 #35 Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16095 battles

View PostTurboclicker, on 16 March 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

At one point, I was one of the most active forum users and players. I will not place a rant here.

My current and ongoing problem is three-fold. All three stem from a lack of balance in Public Matches.

First off, the more important one, games are incredibly lopsided more often than not with one side dominating the other. I rarely have games where both teams seem genuinely balanced and it comes down to critical moments. More often than not, one team just steamrolls the other, and that team could be mine one game, and the red team the next game. The problem with this is I don't feel like I'm contributing all that much either way. If I'm on the winning team, I can do nothing and still win, and if I'm on the losing team, I could get more damage than anyone on either side, get 6 kills, and still lose by 3-4 tanks. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I wish it was fixed regardless.

Second, the maps are not the best due to a specific problem. The maps are obviously tailored towards a tank class or two instead of offering options and viability to all five classes. We have plenty of city maps where artillery is crippled, lights are mostly crippled, mediums are not crippled, but are weakened, and heavies and TDs are King. We also have the opposite, field and open maps where Lights, Artilleries, and TDs are in their prime, but Heavies are scared like elephants to mice. That's right, the massive, heavy, well armored and well armed, breakthrough tanks are scared hiding behind bushes because they don't have a role on the map.

I've heard Skorpion Pass is not like this, and that map is genuinely good to all classes, as they have places they can succeed. If so, we need more maps like that, and less maps that restrict how you can play.

Third, and this is also a big one, tank balance. This problem is only really present in problematic quantities at tiers VIII through X. The balance below these tiers are generally good. At these tiers however, the game is dominated heavily by specific tanks. The PC game has its own problems with balance, but generally I find it to be the far better game in terms of balance. The main problem tanks at the higher tiers are:

• Certain artillery (M53/55, CGC) are too powerful.
  • TDs as a whole from tiers VIII-X are too powerful.
  • Mediums at tier X, to an extent, are too powerful.
  • Heavies, at tier X, are too weak.
  • Lights, at tiers VI-VIII, are too weak.

This creates an atmosphere that isn't fun to play in. Playing a heavy is an exercise in frustration as TDs run rampant in numbers and are not only your direct counter, but are also able to do your role almost as well. Lights, are pretty much replaced by mediums entirely as tier VIII lights don't do much a tier IX or X medium can't do. Mediums are a problem because they do the light's job too well, but also because of how good they are in general. Their penetration is second to only TDs and their playstyle and ability works better than any other class at this tier. I don't know how to fix mediums. Artillery as a whole I find to be a bad game mechanic, but they aren't unbalanced mostly, except for the M53/55 and CGC at this tier.

Of course this is all my opinion, but I do find it to be entirely correct and informed.

This thread is only here to hopefully show WG what quite a few players are thinking, and to hopefully improve their game for the better.

I also know this post won't do much, but I wanted to make it anyway.

Please show your support if you agree, it is the only way to make progress, even if it is unlikely.

I completely agree with you.

90% of the games are just one team crushing the other team.

There is no way for a solo player to turn the tide in those games.

High Tier TDs are OP as hell and they got nerfed on pc for a reason...

WG Console needs to focus on balancing instead of adding or fixing maps.

Mid Tier is a way to escape to avoid those balance issues but japanese heavies will crush the mid tier balance soon.:(

Mobius Y #36 Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15000 battles

Sorry but I don't think mid-tiers are very balanced either, see KV-85, T-150, Cromwell, and Hellcat.  Although to be fair that's a much smaller tanks-in-tier ratio to tanks-I-think-are-OP-at-this-tier than eights through tens.
Personally eights through tens are boring for the reasons you listed as well as platoons.  Scumbag arty platoons, medium platoons, huge amounts of TDs... no fun.

Watch me stream games live > TwitchTwitter < Follow me for news and updates

I try to stream games every Friday evening at 9:00PM EST

I’m still around just not posting very much, send me a PM if you wish to communicate.

Rynico #37 Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8718 battles

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 16 March 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

What you have said is generally correct apart from the Bulldog, I would consider this to be OP.

I was surprised at how much health this LT has at tier 7.

Marcio80 #38 Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16095 battles

View PostMobius Y, on 16 March 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

Sorry but I don't think mid-tiers are very balanced either, see KV-85, T-150, Cromwell, and Hellcat.  Although to be fair that's a much smaller tanks-in-tier ratio to tanks-I-think-are-OP-at-this-tier than eights through tens.
Personally eights through tens are boring for the reasons you listed as well as platoons.  Scumbag arty platoons, medium platoons, huge amounts of TDs... no fun.

I honestly dont think that the mid tier tanks you mentioned are OP.

There are tanks like VK 30.01 D, T-34-85 and more than can easily compete with them.

Tier VI is the most balanced Tier IMO.

Delta Neutral #39 Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36523 battles
  • [IMGUD]

I'm the opposite.  I heavily agree with #1.  Steamroll games are no fun whether you are on red or green team.  And they HAVE been happening too much recently

I generally agree with #2.  I'm primarily a light/medium tank driver and there is really only 1.5 maps that REALLY cripple me to the point where I just drive around and do nothing.  But every other map I enjoy playing, except maybe port.

#1 is Ruinberg.  This is the worst map of the game.

#2 is Siegfried Line.  This is a terrible map BUT I begrudgingly can play through it.

I don't really agree with #3.

Edited by Delta Neutral, 16 March 2016 - 11:24 PM.

AnonymousHobo69 #40 Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 40278 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostMobius Y, on 16 March 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

Scumbag arty platoons... no fun.

Personally, I think scumbag arty platoons are really fun :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users