Why I Haven't Been Playing And Why I Probably Won't Ever Play Regularly Again

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

Panzer lV #281 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 19151 battles

Agree Turbo, i miss the beta, seemed more balanced then current state and I had more fun. But dont quit, you are one of the few i remember here, seems their are few of us that still play or post anymore from the old days.

Regards, John Waters

-Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

-People who can smile when things go wrong, have found someone else to blame.

FD1003 #282 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34973 battles
  • [MAS]

View PostNot that proud, on 16 March 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

Scorpion Pass is currently a PS4 exclusive map. It is the largest map in any version of the game at 1500 m X 1500 m. 

I see it on XBOX

Hiero_Glyph #283 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 270 battles

View PostFD1003, on 04 January 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

I see it on XBOX

In March when the post you quoted was written, it was still a PS4 exclusive and 1500x1500 in size.

Gr4b YoGatz FOO #284 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19636 battles
  • [FARTY]
Good post turbo

Want to get better at the game? Click here

Want to not suck at Lakeville? Click here

De4thSt4lker206 #285 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12065 battles
  • [BEACH]
10 months later, nothing has changed (for the better)

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

Geordie P #286 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23040 battles

View PostTurboclicker, on 16 March 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

There is no way to adapt, only to accept, and I do not want to play a game as frustrating as this one in its current state.

Try survival on The Division.

Ultimate frustration, prepare to buy new controllers and / or TV.

Edited by Geordie P, 04 January 2017 - 10:34 PM.

h

Ghost Sniper33 #287 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 2261 battles

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 04 January 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

10 months later, nothing has changed (for the better)

Yup,

He's still here just as much, if not more

Mobius Y #288 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15000 battles

View PostGhost Sniper33, on 04 January 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Yup,

He's still here just as much, if not more

Good thing we have trolls like you here to grace us with your presence.

Watch me stream games live > TwitchTwitter < Follow me for news and updates

I try to stream games every Friday evening at 9:00PM EST

I’m still around just not posting very much, send me a PM if you wish to communicate.

fordg6eturbo #289 Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28302 battles

View PostNot that proud, on 17 March 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

I really want to say something like, "who cares?" and move on with my life, but I don't want to become a malcontent here as some others seem to have.

So, let me respond to all three points:

First, it's a 15 X 15 team game. There are going to be games you lose even when you do well and games you win even when you do poorly. I don't think that is a problem with WOT. It's just a problem with team games and individual performance. If we were playing basketball, I can have a triple double in a loss. Or I can shoot 1/15 in a win. What change could possibly affect that?

Second, I don't see how you can really design a map that is perfectly balanced for each class. The best map in the game balanced for all classes is maybe South Coast. How much do you like that map? Second would probably be Erlenberg. Do you like that map?

Part of what WG has done is take the maps and use those as a balancing tool for the classes, so this bleeds into your third point. I have to be honest and say the balance issues in the game don't bother me. I don't agree that high tier lights are too weak. Some of them are pretty brilliant to play actually.

But let's address the high tier TDs. What makes them overpowered? On the PC, they nerfed view range, pen, and damage. Are those the real problems with high tier TDs? Or is it the maps? What would happen if the maps weren't corridors that forced people to face high tier TDs frontally? Would you then complain that high tier TDs don't get fair maps like you did in your second point?

At some point, we're going to have to accept that not every map can be perfectly balanced for all classes. And we're going to have to accept that the enemy will be able to destroy you no matter what tank you get in. And you're going to have to accept that the outcome of any particular game will be partially dependent on your team.

If high tier TDs were so overpowered, no one would play anything else. And yet people do. I don't regularly see Waffles. They are strangely rare to me. As are E4s. E3s are more common, as are 183s and JPE100s. But every tier ten game I get in typically has an E5 or an IS-7 or an E 100 and usually there are several mediums.

My least favorite class right now is mediums. I can do more in a light than I can in a medium. People who argue that mediums can do everything a light can but better simply don't know what they're talking about.

I don't think the game is perfect as is, but I don't want them to slavishly follow what the PC has done with balance, and I don't think addressing the balance issues are all that simple. For me, I would just like to see more open maps. Scorpion pass would be cool, but anything at 1500x1500 would be awesome.

Agree with everything you said

Wir2ality #290 Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23636 battles
i hope u quit

TocFanKe4 #291 Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [GIRLS]
I play to drink some beers and have fun.  Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's not so fun, but I keep on trunkin'.  When it's not fun, then I'll quit.  But it's still fun. 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

FA78 FULLARMOR #292 Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28504 battles

View PostTurboclicker, on 17 March 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

At one point, I was one of the most active forum users and players. I will not place a rant here.

My current and ongoing problem is three-fold. All three stem from a lack of balance in Public Matches.

First off, the more important one, games are incredibly lopsided more often than not with one side dominating the other. I rarely have games where both teams seem genuinely balanced and it comes down to critical moments. More often than not, one team just steamrolls the other, and that team could be mine one game, and the red team the next game. The problem with this is I don't feel like I'm contributing all that much either way. If I'm on the winning team, I can do nothing and still win, and if I'm on the losing team, I could get more damage than anyone on either side, get 6 kills, and still lose by 3-4 tanks. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I wish it was fixed regardless.

Second, the maps are not the best due to a specific problem. The maps are obviously tailored towards a tank class or two instead of offering options and viability to all five classes. We have plenty of city maps where artillery is crippled, lights are mostly crippled, mediums are not crippled, but are weakened, and heavies and TDs are King. We also have the opposite, field and open maps where Lights, Artilleries, and TDs are in their prime, but Heavies are scared like elephants to mice. That's right, the massive, heavy, well armored and well armed, breakthrough tanks are scared hiding behind bushes because they don't have a role on the map. 

I've heard Skorpion Pass is not like this, and that map is genuinely good to all classes, as they have places they can succeed. If so, we need more maps like that, and less maps that restrict how you can play.

Third, and this is also a big one, tank balance. This problem is only really present in problematic quantities at tiers VIII through X. The balance below these tiers are generally good. At these tiers however, the game is dominated heavily by specific tanks. The PC game has its own problems with balance, but generally I find it to be the far better game in terms of balance. The main problem tanks at the higher tiers are:

• Certain artillery (M53/55, CGC) are too powerful.
  • TDs as a whole from tiers VIII-X are too powerful.
  • Mediums at tier X, to an extent, are too powerful.
  • Heavies, at tier X, are too weak.
  • Lights, at tiers VI-VIII, are too weak.

This creates an atmosphere that isn't fun to play in. Playing a heavy is an exercise in frustration as TDs run rampant in numbers and are not only your direct counter, but are also able to do your role almost as well. Lights, are pretty much replaced by mediums entirely as tier VIII lights don't do much a tier IX or X medium can't do. Mediums are a problem because they do the light's job too well, but also because of how good they are in general. Their penetration is second to only TDs and their playstyle and ability works better than any other class at this tier. I don't know how to fix mediums. Artillery as a whole I find to be a bad game mechanic, but they aren't unbalanced mostly, except for the M53/55 and CGC at this tier. 

Of course this is all my opinion, but I do find it to be entirely correct and informed.

This thread is only here to hopefully show WG what quite a few players are thinking, and to hopefully improve their game for the better. 

I also know this post won't do much, but I wanted to make it anyway.

Please show your support if you agree, it is the only way to make progress, even if it is unlikely.

my personal opinion on medium balance would be a pen nerf, I'd say 235 240 mediums are supposed to play the roll of scout and a flanker while occasionally filling the gaps I play them religiously and believe that a pen as well as an alpha nerf would be perfect for balance. The highest pen on a tier 9 med that doesn't have their tier 10 counterparts gun is 220 and it works if you're playing it right. My t54 has 201 upward to 219 and the 201 if being played right is more than sufficient and as a medium it's not your job to fight heavies from the front and that's how it should be. Just like way back on pc when meds only went to tier 9 as they didn't have tier 10 meds at the time and mediums were effective but not broken. And the alpha....390...on a Damn 105...that doesn't make sense mediums out trade heavies on a regular basis...2 shots for every 1 a 120 gets off with 10 less alpha but normally rolls about 400...that shouldn't be a thing...

De4thSt4lker206 #293 Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12065 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostFA78 FULLARMOR, on 04 January 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

my personal opinion on medium balance would be a pen nerf, I'd say 235 240 mediums are supposed to play the roll of scout and a flanker while occasionally filling the gaps I play them religiously and believe that a pen as well as an alpha nerf would be perfect for balance. The highest pen on a tier 9 med that doesn't have their tier 10 counterparts gun is 220 and it works if you're playing it right. My t54 has 201 upward to 219 and the 201 if being played right is more than sufficient and as a medium it's not your job to fight heavies from the front and that's how it should be. Just like way back on pc when meds only went to tier 9 as they didn't have tier 10 meds at the time and mediums were effective but not broken. And the alpha....390...on a Damn 105...that doesn't make sense mediums out trade heavies on a regular basis...2 shots for every 1 a 120 gets off with 10 less alpha but normally rolls about 400...that shouldn't be a thing...

i wouldn't nerf the pen at all. tanks like the E3 and E5 are broken enough as it is, and 75% of the time you can't flank becuase of the map design.

i think the Medium's 105s should be nerfed to 320-350 damage. with ROF buffs.

and the Russians need a nerf.

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

riot1002 #294 Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13898 battles

Checking out turbo stats which appear to be one of the best players I have  seen on here I am not sure I would have any complaints lol...I do agree with everything he said...When You are a fairly new player like me with a little more than 3k battles it is twice as hard to win when your team is down by 7 tanks 3 mins in the game. I suck I admit, but with a better balance I do believe I would be better. The MM is horrid. Stop the platoons and only go up or down 1 tier. And I am tired of being pounded by 3 artys every damn game.

Edited by riot1002, 05 January 2017 - 01:21 AM.

YourGrumpyDad99 #295 Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21487 battles
  • [UK]

Just sounds like Turboclicker has worked hard, "lived the game"and reached the top of the mountain. Doesn't have anything to grind for, knows the maps and the tanks inside and out and everything is now an anti-climax. Without the alternate team play modes on the PC to bring tight, teamwork and skill based matchmaking into the formula he's losing patience with randoms/platoons/team training rooms. :-( Time to move-on, or at least take a break?

I may be a Grumpy Scrub, but I am getting better! 

xXlAmbitionzlXx #296 Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23996 battles

View PostFA78 FULLARMOR, on 05 January 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

Mediums are broken thats a new story lol

frostdawn99 #297 Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9008 battles
  • [DT]
The assessments of higher tier tanks is precisely why I really have no drive or interest in pursuing tier 10 tanks or even wanting to play tier 10 tanks with friends. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too dominated by TDs making it not fun to play at all.

SlagInGristle #298 Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34374 battles
  • [6SIC6]

You make some good points. This game is attracting more players I think and they broke in when it was just getting competitive. I think that as competition is more aware of game dynamics it will become a more difficult game to dominate ( and more realistic ). When you look at full frontal war statistics vs limited engagement statistics this is a very illuminating matrix. In full frontal war ( two fairly equal military bodies in full conflict ) life expectancy across the board goes way down. Most infantry positions are projected in around 10 - 25second battle field survival times. This is of course enemy contact engagement times etc.   armor is not immune. Limited engagement conflict where the bodies are not either fully professional, very lopsided, or unconventional vs conventional - these figures jump for one side - guess which one.    To a large degree this is what your seeing here - my opinion. WG will need to make a solid ranked mode of play for those who are more serious that probably is tier specific for the competition to become balanced and for tactics to be more effective. In the gaming environment as well some seem all to aware of how to game the game. This is very frustrating for those who want to delv into the simulation of things. 

Here on the forum we can make suggestions etc. and converse about various grievance it is useful for WG I am sure. 

I think as as this game evolves the problems addressed in this thread will most likely get worse as competition and skill increases - just like real war. Ww2 was pretty devastating and impressive however if this played out today I doubt the environment where actual combat would take place would survive and be hospitable for centuries. The degree of damage is far higher for everything involved. Power creep and it continues. Tank on.

:bush:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users