Why I Haven't Been Playing And Why I Probably Won't Ever Play Regularly Again

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

HailofSteel #61 Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:22 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20022 battles

View PostFear Da Butter, on 16 March 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

After the launch we Beta players had a large advantage over all of the new players in that we knew the maps and we knew the tanks , We already knew how to circle and track and repeat to kill a larger tank, .  We already knew the weak spots and what it took.  2 years later that advantage is almost gone and it is now twice as hard to carry a team to victory.  Damn WG, bring back the good old days

Nowadays we have no reason to spectate when we die.We know the outcome and head for the garage immediately.

DEPLOYING DUMPS #62 Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:23 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 56376 battles
Can anyone explain to me how adding flaming piles of junk everywhere on ruinberg makes it an easier map to run on xbox than regular ruinberg?

Edited by DEPLOYING DUMPS, 17 March 2016 - 12:24 AM.

Marcio80 #63 Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:26 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16095 battles

View PostDEPLOYING DUMPS, on 17 March 2016 - 12:23 AM, said:

Can anyone explain to me how adding flaming piles of junk everywhere on ruinberg makes it an easier map to run on xbox than regular ruinberg?

I sure cant.

Regular Ruinberg would work just fine on the 360.

In worst case they would have to remove a couple of bushes...

LGz JETHRO66 #64 Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 25781 battles
  • [LGZ]

Took a break from the game (ARK is amazing)and came back and played a few and what I noticed  are: Lack of team play

-More afkers

-lots of potatoes

Noticed my gameplay has gotten better..

KaiserVonKrieg #65 Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14915 battles
  • [-NS-]

View PostLord Quixote, on 16 March 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

It's a product of thrift. No different than the weather swaps. They give the illusion of additional content.

Yeh, cheap illusion to say "hey, we added more content."

Absolute bull, all I see if wasted time they put into ruining a map and wasted resources, however little resources they actually use to just add overlays with collision on them, I'm assuming absolute none other than the 1 man hour it takes do make these crap "new" maps.

TKoddaL33 #66 Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:41 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23775 battles
Light tanks can kill every tank except the Maus.

"SPEED IS THE ESSENCE OF WAR" - Sun Tzu

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Telsa

HailofSteel #67 Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:43 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20022 battles

View PostDEPLOYING DUMPS, on 16 March 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

The burning rubble looks cool but you cant use it for cover because the game mechanics wont let you see anything but fire if youre behind it. Its frustrating that its not translucent like bushes are.

Maker_L106 #68 Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:47 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2322 battles
I agree with everything except lights, and honestly if you fix the other problems the mediums (minus the tier x russians anyway) will be taken care of. Heavies being their natural enemy.

Be quick or be dead.

Avvakening #69 Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13856 battles
  • [BOAT]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 16 March 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

What you have said is generally correct apart from the Bulldog, I would consider this to be OP. 

No, all the other lights are just underperforming (except maybe the LTTB). Every light SHOULD be balanced like the Bulldog. I for one would love some get-up-and go for tier eight lights that just seems to disappear after tier seven. They don't accelerate fast enough, any little anything will slow them down because of their weight, their gun handling and DPM are mediocre at best, and their view range should be 410-420m for what they're being matched up against.

I was a bit hesitant at first, but considering how many maps lights are almost useless on, they definitely need a significant buff to get up to par with the other classes. The simple fact of the matter is that barely any maps have cheeky spotting positions for lights to take advantage of. They need to be able to have vision superiority and fight their way out of sticky situations, two things they're kind of bad at when everything else at tier nine and ten have the same or better view range, more HP, and much more DPM and alpha.

View PostWolfEagle1, on 16 March 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

4) balance team composition by WG player rating.  For example, highest rated player to green, next two to red, etc... Platooned payers would be averaged.  

Absolutely not, but something like this to an extent would be nice. Maybe not allowing the chance of win based on PR to not exceed the threshold of +/- 10% of 50%. This way some games will be very close while other not so much. Let me remind you that 10k damage games are not possible unless your team is at a disadvantage.

DEPLOYING DUMPS #70 Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 56376 battles

View PostTBA Awakening, on 16 March 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

The simple fact of the matter is that barely any maps have cheeky spotting positions for lights to take advantage of. They need to be able to have vision superiority and fight their way out of sticky situations, two things they're kind of bad at when everything else at tier nine and ten have the same or better view range, more HP, and much more DPM and alpha.

WG don't want cheese light tank locations because it would make them too powerful.  Look at how they took away the mountain pass hills.

I enjoy the leisurely nature of playing light tanks in high tiers because it's relaxing to just hang around and spot things and yolo when the time comes.  If you put too much weight on light tank now you have to play aggressively because the enemies lights are weighted more also.  My ELC has one of my better win rates simply because the cheese locations it can go.

Edited by DEPLOYING DUMPS, 17 March 2016 - 01:28 AM.

Mobius Y #71 Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15000 battles

View PostTurboclicker, on 16 March 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

It's entirely dependent on both your team and tank. Some heavies do excellent at the hill, and some do bad because of lack of Turret armor, gun depression, or speed. If the tank is too slow, the enemy will be in position way in advance. If the friendly team doesn't support you, you will be overrun. 

Besides all this, it isn't fun to be forced into a tiny chokepoint over being able to go to multiple locations. You might be able to succeed on Mali in a heavy if you go to the same spot every game, but that doesn't really make it fun.

View PostMarcio80, on 16 March 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Sure.

Its great fun going to the hill in an E75 when 2-3 arties are pre-aiming at your location...

Never said it was fun.

Watch me stream games live > TwitchTwitter < Follow me for news and updates

I try to stream games every Friday evening at 9:00PM EST

I’m still around just not posting very much, send me a PM if you wish to communicate.

BumpmyStump #72 Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:43 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11749 battles
  • [A1]

View PostTurboclicker, on 16 March 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

I haven't played this game regularly in a couple months. That point is long gone.

By lopsided, I am referring to an obvious difference in skill and performance. The end game scoreboard ccanb show this off where one team generally has an OK performance with some top performers, and one team is generally goose egging with the occasional good player. Steamrolls are the problem.

I agree that matchmaking needs to be revamped in some way that takes into account (or at least tries to) some kind of skill to a point. I am not talking about a full out skill based MM system.. but why cant it at least use skill to a point to try to even teams up.. Anything has to be better then what this game considers MM at this point. It has gotten so bad the last few months.. when 3/4 of the games that you play in a week are so lopsided it tends to make you say screw it and play something else. 

"Freedom is too precious to be held by the LEFT hand"

Bump's Youtube

Bump's Twitch

Hex Arcana #73 Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32140 battles
  • [RTA]

For me, it's this:

1st match, bottom tier.

2nd match, bottom tier.

3rd match, bottom tier.

4th match, bottom tier.

5th..nope, exit & go play something with matchmaking that isn't misery inducing.

I don't mind the challenge but at least let me warm up when I first log in.

Phobosfactor4 #74 Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25864 battles
  • [207HP]

View PostHex Arcana, on 17 March 2016 - 12:07 AM, said:

For me, it's this:

1st match, bottom tier.

2nd match, bottom tier.

3rd match, bottom tier.

4th match, bottom tier.

5th..nope, exit & go play something with matchmaking that isn't misery inducing.

I don't mind the challenge but at least let me warm up when I first log in.

The 5th-10th match is the T-Rex, I tend to take out my frustrations on the seals.

You can have your VC tanks, I'll take the Yamato II because balance.

Ttone5722 #75 Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16306 battles
  • [WTAF]
Sucks to hear man. I see all the problems you are talking about, and I get frustrated too. Try taking a month or so off then come back. The game feels a lot fresher after a break.

xxxYerOut #76 Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:37 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28051 battles

View PostBigWahala, on 16 March 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Ice, you take it too seriously. Good teams/bad teams happen every team game. WG aren't going to listen and make half the changed you are so passionate about. So.that leaves two options...start playing for fun or don't

Sure.. My meager $14.99 a month for premium probably doesn't mean a damn thing to WG..  Unless we all stop paying it....

FeedMagician480 #77 Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:43 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostDEPLOYING DUMPS, on 17 March 2016 - 12:23 AM, said:

the ruinberg on PC has 100's of different object files and on xbox it would be difficult to render apparently. 

xxxYerOut #78 Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:16 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28051 battles

It use to drive me nuts that the matchmaking seemed to alternate for and against me daily, consistently..  Until recently when it just seems to suck daily. My first two battles right now were tVIII STA-1 stuck in a tX battle (8-9 tX per side) and tIII in a tV battle.  Both battles were about the same, bounce bounce bounce kaboom..  Tier 3 against tier 5 is ridiculous, but I only bought it for the lt/med ops anyway..

Part of the problem might be that I have completed all the good tanks and am left with weaker lines (and only tier 8 & tier 9 left, which will leave me in a tier 10 battle most of the time), but more than that, the balance seems way off.

I also wish my 2.9 million convertible experience could be used for something without spending more cash for a "free to play" game.  I pay for premium monthly (or use to) so it would be nice if we could use it for something.  This free to play game is easily the most expensive game I have ever played, without dropping a dime on a premium tank.

xxxYerOut #79 Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:21 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28051 battles

View PostBumpmyStump, on 16 March 2016 - 08:43 PM, said:

I agree that matchmaking needs to be revamped in some way that takes into account (or at least tries to) some kind of skill to a point. I am not talking about a full out skill based MM system.. but why cant it at least use skill to a point to try to even teams up.. Anything has to be better then what this game considers MM at this point. It has gotten so bad the last few months.. when 3/4 of the games that you play in a week are so lopsided it tends to make you say screw it and play something else. 

The matchmaking is visibly lopsided without accounting for skill.   Many games are determined before the countdown.  Or should I say, too many...

RetrousseLake15 #80 Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5138 battles

I agree OP, and it sure sucks it out of you.

Too few maps in rotation (including a bunch of real clunkers) and really crappy MM, and zilch hope of change...

Don't really know why I keep at it.

You have my sympathy along with a truckload of respect to you.

Paradise

Returns

Comrades!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users