• Players
  • 14915 battles
  • [-NS-]
Western world looks decent, the eastern world lol GG

x Gadreel x #42 Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14450 battles
Looks really cool...how do you win the game?

All the credit goes to METALHELLIONx84 for this awesome Sig.

xxxBUNDYBEARxx #43 Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:46 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

Why is this in historical discussions???  

Should it not be in off topic. 

Can you actually create threads in historical discussions about Nazi Zombie games?  

NimoysHeadinJar #44 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:19 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9475 battles

Please allow me to answer this one:

View PostxxxBUNDYBEARxx, on 09 May 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

Should it not be in off topic. 

Can you actually create threads in historical discussions about Nazi Zombie games?  

I think the original post was offered as an alternate history "what if?"

It was triggered by a game the gentleman was playing. 

Now, if the thread was derailed from the original topic, I'm afraid you must blame me. I was interested in the game that led to that alternate Historical Discussion. I asked questions about the game. 

:girl:

Buckle up. I'm going to try something. I saw it on a cartoon once... but I'm almost positive it can be done.

Sqn Ldr B #45 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostKaiserVonKrieg, on 10 May 2016 - 01:13 AM, said:

Western world looks decent, the eastern world lol GG

Western World is a mostly Deutsches Reich, but has Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Italy, and Yugoslavia free. Eastern World just went to crap. All are belong to Japan. I think in this scenario it was join the Axis while you can or get taken over and forced in as a Japanese puppet.

View PostDRG Kurokuma, on 10 May 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

Looks really cool...how do you win the game?

The game is generally said to be won when only one faction is left standing, i.e. when only the Axis is left and the Allies and Comintern are defeated and have no members left. As it stands we're half way there, the Comintern ceased to exist a good twenty years ago. Or, alternatively, you can not join any faction and just try and invade every country in the world.

View PostxxxBUNDYBEARxx, on 10 May 2016 - 06:46 AM, said:

Because it's a historical discussion. Now go away.

Edited by Sqn Ldr B, 10 May 2016 - 06:23 AM.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

xxxBUNDYBEARxx #46 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:33 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 10 May 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

Because it's a historical discussion. Now go away.

Please explain how this is true???

Think of the special children that may be using this as research for their homework.

They visit this "historical forum" after playing tanks and reading through the site.

They get lazy and copy information in this thread as being true.

They will go to school with said information and present it in front of class.

This could very easily happen.

Sqn Ldr B #47 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostxxxBUNDYBEARxx, on 10 May 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

Please explain how this is true???

Think of the special children that may be using this as research for their homework.

They visit this "historical forum" after playing tanks and reading through the site.

They get lazy and copy information in this thread as being true.

They will go to school with said information and present it in front of class.

This could very easily happen.

Well if they do that then they're an idiot and deserve to get it wrong. The geopolitical situation of the entire world during WW2 isn't something that's taught at schools anyway.

Edited by Sqn Ldr B, 10 May 2016 - 06:37 AM.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

xxxBUNDYBEARxx #48 Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 10 May 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

Well if they do that then they're an idiot and deserve to get it wrong. The geopolitical situation of the entire world during WW2 isn't something that's taught at schools anyway.

So your insulting the intelligence of the younger generation?

Kids today do not visit the library for studies and knowledge, like we used to.

They rely 100% on what is posted online as being true. Even when they visit the library they go and use computers instead!

So to blame them for getting it wrong is cruel.

WW2 was taught at school and in my substantive historical studies. Why wouldn't it be? This is a very important time in history.

So please think about how you post fact from fiction in a forum titled "historical discussions"

NimoysHeadinJar #49 Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9475 battles

View PostxxxBUNDYBEARxx, on 10 May 2016 - 12:48 AM, said:

They rely 100% on what is posted online as being true. Even when they visit the library they go and use computers instead!

WW2 was taught at school and in my substantive historical studies. Why wouldn't it be? This is a very important time in history.

So please think about how you post fact from fiction in a forum titled "historical discussions"

Don't do drugs.

Buckle up. I'm going to try something. I saw it on a cartoon once... but I'm almost positive it can be done.

EamonnanChnoic #50 Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 58569 battles

View PostxxxBUNDYBEARxx, on 10 May 2016 - 01:48 AM, said:

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 07 May 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

I've been playing around with this 1930s/WW2 strategy game lately, Hearts of Iron III...

STRATEGY GAME

Read the thread. It's quite clear.

PS4 (current) Xbox (retired)

I love Light Tanks

EamonnanChnoic #51 Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 58569 battles

...and yes, Hearts of Iron is awesome! I played the 2nd one to death.

4th edition comes out in June!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Iron_IV

PS4 (current) Xbox (retired)

I love Light Tanks

Sqn Ldr B #52 Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostEamonnanChnoic, on 10 May 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

...and yes, Hearts of Iron is awesome! I played the 2nd one to death.

4th edition comes out in June!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Iron_IV

Yeah, IV looks quite good. I think the interface and graphics on III appeal more to me though, looking at pre-release videos.

View PostxxxBUNDYBEARxx, on 10 May 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

You clearly do not realise that if anyone wanted to use a forum online for history then they would go to a history forum, not the little-visited historical subsection on a forum for a game about tanks, do you? And also that online discussion forums aren't even accessible on most school internet connections? And that the geopolitical situation of the entire world is even vaguely touched upon at schools? And that at any school such things would be taught by a properly-qualified teacher at some point? What the hell is your point here? This is the worst attempt at trolling I've seen yet.

Sqn Ldr B #53 Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
Anyway, major gains on the African front. South Africa has been annexed and ceases to exist, being the New Ottoman Empire's new African outpost. Belgium hadn't surrendered yet, since it held its African colonies still. Something happened with that that wound me up a bit. I managed to take all of Belgium's victory points in Africa. They surrendered. Germany annexed them. Then the game crashed, and all I had left was the autosave file from slightly before their surrender. So I beat them again, except this time they went as a government in exile and continued fighting even after becoming a government in exile, a bit like France did (France, by the way, went as a government in exile but still held onto a bit of its African empire. I took all those over now, as well). So, at this point, there are essentially no free African nations. Ethiopia got snapped up by Italy in 1936, Liberia by the Spanish at a time I can't remember and South Africa just now in 1965 by Turkey. Also I dropped a nuclear bomb on Darwin, Australia.

NSW Mntd Rifles #54 Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:03 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39247 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 11 May 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

Anyway, major gains on the African front. South Africa has been annexed and ceases to exist, being the New Ottoman Empire's new African outpost. Belgium hadn't surrendered yet, since it held its African colonies still. Something happened with that that wound me up a bit. I managed to take all of Belgium's victory points in Africa. They surrendered. Germany annexed them. Then the game crashed, and all I had left was the autosave file from slightly before their surrender. So I beat them again, except this time they went as a government in exile and continued fighting even after becoming a government in exile, a bit like France did (France, by the way, went as a government in exile but still held onto a bit of its African empire. I took all those over now, as well). So, at this point, there are essentially no free African nations. Ethiopia got snapped up by Italy in 1936, Liberia by the Spanish at a time I can't remember and South Africa just now in 1965 by Turkey. Also I dropped a nuclear bomb on Darwin, Australia.

That's a sad waste of a thermonuclear device. Nobody would notice if you dropped a nuclear bomb on Darwin. In World War 2 it was mainly tin sheds and if it was done nowadays you'd only succeed in taking out half of the formerly unemployed Irish construction industry workforce. Though there is a song to accompany a holocaust in Darwin. https://www.youtube....h?v=VJi_kBIiZ4A

Edited by NSW Mntd Rifles, 11 May 2016 - 01:05 AM.

Black Duke 008 #55 Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25290 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 10 May 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

Yeah, IV looks quite good. I think the interface and graphics on III appeal more to me though, looking at pre-release videos.

You clearly do not realise that if anyone wanted to use a forum online for history then they would go to a history forum, not the little-visited historical subsection on a forum for a game about tanks, do you? And also that online discussion forums aren't even accessible on most school internet connections? And that the geopolitical situation of the entire world is even vaguely touched upon at schools? And that at any school such things would be taught by a properly-qualified teacher at some point? What the hell is your point here? This is the worst attempt at trolling I've seen yet.

I agree with the bear! :P

There are so many interesting and worthwhile topics in the history section, even ones created by you.

Yet this is whole topic is about a fantasy game and should have no place here!

What next? Nazi Zombies?... :popcorn:

Join the Bunker = Safe Place

http://thebunker.fre...fe-space?page=1             

Sqn Ldr B #56 Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostBlack Duke 008, on 11 May 2016 - 07:00 AM, said:

I agree with the bear! :P

There are so many interesting and worthwhile topics in the history section, even ones created by you.

Yet this is whole topic is about a fantasy game and should have no place here!

What next? Nazi Zombies?... :popcorn:

Go away.

Sqn Ldr B #57 Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostNSW Mntd Rifles, on 11 May 2016 - 02:03 AM, said:

That's a sad waste of a thermonuclear device. Nobody would notice if you dropped a nuclear bomb on Darwin. In World War 2 it was mainly tin sheds and if it was done nowadays you'd only succeed in taking out half of the formerly unemployed Irish construction industry workforce. Though there is a song to accompany a holocaust in Darwin. https://www.youtube....h?v=VJi_kBIiZ4A

I have plenty of bombs. It was the only big city in Australia within range, anyway.

xxxBUNDYBEARxx #58 Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:48 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 11 May 2016 - 06:14 AM, said:

Go away.

no.

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 11 May 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

I have plenty of bombs. It was the only big city in Australia within range, anyway.

Big city? Are you trolling? There is nothing there! Nobody would even notice till long after the event.

Maybe the nuclear fallout might produce mutated killer kangaroos that ravage Australia?  

This sounds better then Nazi Zombies! Black Duke you are hilarious! hahahaha

Black Duke 008 #59 Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25290 battles

View PostNimoysHeadinJar, on 10 May 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

Don't do drugs.

Drugs are bad... MMmm OK?

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 11 May 2016 - 06:14 AM, said:

Go away.

no.

View PostxxxBUNDYBEARxx, on 11 May 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

Maybe the nuclear fallout might produce mutated killer kangaroos that ravage Australia?  

This sounds better then Nazi Zombies! Black Duke you are hilarious! hahahaha

You have been watching too many D (dumb) rated horror movies!!... :P

Join the Bunker = Safe Place

http://thebunker.fre...fe-space?page=1             

RRP #60 Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:42 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9936 battles

[Content Moderated - Non Constructive]

- The40BelowWGA

Edited by The40BelowWGA, 11 May 2016 - 12:39 PM.

Thought I was an Atheist , till I realized Im a God.

[H] aving [A] nger [T] owards [E] veryone [R] eaching (S) uccess

My Fursona is a White and Blue wolf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users