75 replies to this topic

xxxBUNDYBEARxx #61 Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostRexhaa, on 11 May 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

[Content Moderated - Non Constructive]

- The40BelowWGA

Do tell why this topic should be in the historical discussions?

It's sad that you have to make personal insults in a game forum, especially when you have never contributed anything in this topic or like ever.

#salt

Edited by The40BelowWGA, 11 May 2016 - 12:41 PM.

Black Duke 008 #62 Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25290 battles

View PostRexhaa, on 11 May 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

[Content Moderated - Non Constructive]

- The40BelowWGA

Come to back to the forums just to do insults?

Pity you never contribute to the conversation, oh wait you never do.

How many profiles do you have?   #salt

Edited by The40BelowWGA, 11 May 2016 - 12:41 PM.

Join the Bunker = Safe Place

http://thebunker.fre...fe-space?page=1             

Sqn Ldr B #63 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
Will you just get out of this thread?

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Click For a Compilation of My Ideas

Desyatnik Pansy #64 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 11 May 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

Will you just get out of this thread?

Black Duke and his alt won't probably leave on their own accord, but while I would suggest to ask a moderator to remove them from this thread, I think we both know just how well that would go when they'd probably rather ban you for responding to his trolling rather than him, for trolling. Shame too, as this thread is actually quite interesting.

I am a PC Player who randomly posts on here sometimes. 

I also do mod stuff. You can see some of it here.

Sqn Ldr B #65 Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
I have reported all of his posts, know we just wait for them to act. If they act at all.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ~ Cecil Rhodes

Sqn Ldr B #66 Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
So, I'm thinking that once the African front has wound down completely, I'll start probing into the Caribbean. The British and Vichy colonies have all been seized there apart from the Windward Islands and half the Bahamas, so there is a staging port for landings to retake British Jamaica, and Haiti, the Dominican and American Puerto Rico. If it turns out that the US naval presence is too thick there I might turn my attention to the Pacific and the Philippines, although they seem a tough nut to crack. South America might be an opportunity too, but the entire continent is against me (apart from Peru). Any thoughts?

RRP #67 Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9936 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 11 May 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

I have reported all of his posts, know we just wait for them to act. If they act at all.

I reported him also, yet I am edited for non constructive as his stay up? Lol yup super constructive post he made.

Keep up the good topics man, I enjoy them.

Thought I was an Atheist , till I realized Im a God.

[H] aving [A] nger [T] owards [E] veryone [R] eaching (S) uccess

My Fursona is a White and Blue wolf.

Sqn Ldr B #68 Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostRexhaa, on 11 May 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

I reported him also, yet I am edited for non constructive as his stay up? Lol yup super constructive post he made.

Keep up the good topics man, I enjoy them.

Thanks, I'm enjoying this immensely myself too.

RRP #69 Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9936 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 11 May 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

Thanks, I'm enjoying this immensely myself too.

I can tell, I don't post much in this sextion but I read your stuff a lot, interesting most the time and when people actually participate like in this thread it's a good read.

Thought I was an Atheist , till I realized Im a God.

[H] aving [A] nger [T] owards [E] veryone [R] eaching (S) uccess

My Fursona is a White and Blue wolf.

NimoysHeadinJar #70 Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9475 battles

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 11 May 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

So, I'm thinking that once the African front has wound down completely, I'll start probing into the Caribbean. The British and Vichy colonies have all been seized there apart from the Windward Islands and half the Bahamas, so there is a staging port for landings to retake British Jamaica, and Haiti, the Dominican and American Puerto Rico. If it turns out that the US naval presence is too thick there I might turn my attention to the Pacific and the Philippines, although they seem a tough nut to crack. South America might be an opportunity too, but the entire continent is against me (apart from Peru). Any thoughts?

I have another question about the game mechanics. 

Are naval units deployed in sea lanes on patrol or are they sent out on demand?

I ask because if they are not actively patrolling, you could nuke the naval yards on eastern U.S. and take the Caribbean. Use the islands to stage attacks into South America.

Buckle up. I'm going to try something. I saw it on a cartoon once... but I'm almost positive it can be done.

Sqn Ldr B #71 Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostNimoysHeadinJar, on 11 May 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

I have another question about the game mechanics. 

Are naval units deployed in sea lanes on patrol or are they sent out on demand?

I ask because if they are not actively patrolling, you could nuke the naval yards on eastern U.S. and take the Caribbean. Use the islands to stage attacks into South America.

Well, the sea, like the land, is divided into thousands of "provinces". You select a unit, click on the province you want it in, and then choose what you want it to do there. You can just give a move order, in which case it goes there and then stays there. You can give a patrol order, in which case it moves in a pattern around the province and the surrounding provinces, or you can choose convoy raiding. I assume it's to take out convoys, but I don't know how it works since convoys aren't shown as units. It's not something I bother with.

Sqn Ldr B #72 Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
Okay, so I got a bit more time in today and nothing much happened. The Belgians were finally wiped from Africa, although a single province within Portuguese Mozambique remains Belgian-occupied and has troops in it, but they're getting sorted out by the Portuguese. So I'll count that as a win, the Axis powers now have total control over all Europe, Africa, Russia and mainland Asia. I took back Grand Bahama from the Americans, who then kicked me out again and then I kicked them out again. I tried it on with Puerto Rico and got my backside handed to me. The Americans are a bit more of a handful than the South Africans and Persians. I'm thinking I'll go for the Philippines next. Maybe Australian Guinea. The Japanese are there and fighting them but there's a bit of a stalemate, although the Germans have finally got stuck in in the east and have landed on some outlying islands. I reckon that the Pacific needs to be sorted out before I turn my attention west. Anyway, then the game lagged out and I gave up. Probably a large landing force of Turkish marines on one of the outlying Philippine islands, I think.

Sqn Ldr B #73 Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
Bad news I'm afraid, chaps. Something appears to have happened to the save file, so it's incredibly laggy and almost impossible to play. So it looks like I'll let the sun set on this New Ottoman Empire for now. It's been fun. I'm starting a thing with Italy now in search of a New Roman Empire. Next stop Albania!

Comjam1998 #74 Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 5342 battles
  • [6THPD]

View PostSqn Ldr B, on 13 May 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

Bad news I'm afraid, chaps. Something appears to have happened to the save file, so it's incredibly laggy and almost impossible to play. So it looks like I'll let the sun set on this New Ottoman Empire for now. It's been fun. I'm starting a thing with Italy now in search of a New Roman Empire. Next stop Albania!

Keep us updated please. 
signature.png

Sqn Ldr B #75 Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles

View PostComjam1998, on 14 May 2016 - 05:32 AM, said:

Keep us updated please. 

I'll do a new thread for it, but so far I've got Albania, Switzerland, bits of Bulgaria (it's complicated, that one), Turkey, and Persia, and I'm quickly bearing down on Afghanistan. It's April 1940.

Sqn Ldr B #76 Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6141 battles
You know what, I'll do a series of these. It's gonna be a bit slow for the next month because of exams but it'll pick up eventually. I'll rename this thread for its proper subject.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users