Can I switch my tanks etc from Xbox One to PS4?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

VNinjaShmugV #1 Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14743 battles

Sorry if this question has been asked already - I did a search and couldn't find a verdict.

We are selling our Xbox One to get a PS4. Can I carry over my tanks and experience etc? (Obviously, where tanks are available).

Johnnysaurus Re #2 Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1733 battles
  • [ONE]

View PostVNinjaShmugV, on 23 May 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Sorry if this question has been asked already - I did a search and couldn't find a verdict.

We are selling our Xbox One to get a PS4. Can I carry over my tanks and experience etc? (Obviously, where tanks are available).

Hello Tanker,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to tansfer account progression from Xbox One to Ps4, or vice versa.

Thanks!

"I paid the iron price for that Twinkie!" - Me

Need to submit a ticket? Click Here!

VNinjaShmugV #3 Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14743 battles

View PostJohnnysaurus Re, on 23 May 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

Hello Tanker,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to tansfer account progression from Xbox One to Ps4, or vice versa.

Thanks!

That's very disappointing. It means the money I've invested in WOT is wasted. Obviously, it would mean I stop playing, too.

Is this issue going to be fixed in future? Would appreciate if someone is working on it!

Johnnysaurus Re #4 Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1733 battles
  • [ONE]

View PostVNinjaShmugV, on 25 May 2016 - 03:09 AM, said:

That's very disappointing. It means the money I've invested in WOT is wasted. Obviously, it would mean I stop playing, too.

Is this issue going to be fixed in future? Would appreciate if someone is working on it!

It isn't likely to change any time soon. Your progression and purchases are tied to your Xbox Live account, and the same would go for Sony players. While our devs would like to look into solutions to this, it really comes down to Microsoft and Sony's policies. 

"I paid the iron price for that Twinkie!" - Me

Need to submit a ticket? Click Here!

leova #5 Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11329 battles
  • [47R]

View PostVNinjaShmugV, on 25 May 2016 - 04:09 AM, said:

That's very disappointing. It means the money I've invested in WOT is wasted.

No, it means that the money you have invested in an xbox is wasted - its entirely YOUR call to get rid of your XBox!

Just keep the XB1 and keep playing, if you get rid of your car and complain about having to walk to work, that's honestly your own problem

VNinjaShmugV #6 Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:03 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14743 battles

View Postleova, on 25 May 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

No, it means that the money you have invested in an xbox is wasted - its entirely YOUR call to get rid of your XBox!

Just keep the XB1 and keep playing, if you get rid of your car and complain about having to walk to work, that's honestly your own problem

Thanks for the entirely fatuous and irrelevant analogy :)

VNinjaShmugV #7 Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14743 battles
I'm sure this issue is becoming more common - when we traded in our Xbox One for a PS4 back in September we were one of three people to do so that weekend.

PS4 seems great so far. But we've not loaded WOT, nor do we intend do. Although of course it will be too difficult to transfer our complex profile, our outstanding gold etc to a new system, I'd be surprised if there's any real reason one can't close an Xbox account and credit premium tanks, that people have paid for, to the PS4.

Well, I guess there is one good reason... the hope that a few people will buy the same tanks all over again.

I'm not gutted... life moves on, and I've enjoyed doing different stuff with the time I previously devoted to WOT. But the practice of not transferring tanks over is not only unfair (not heinous, not a crime, but simply unfair) and will probably be counterproductive in the long run.

Edited by VNinjaShmugV, 21 October 2016 - 02:27 PM.

moppi747 #8 Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Players
  • 16445 battles

Hi, as I have the same issue, i like to know, if there is in the meantime any new possibility to Switch the XB1 account to the PS4.. I have invested more than EUR 100,00 into this wargaming account for prem tanks...

When I Switch to a PS4 - i will not invest so much money again.. who knows what comes after the PS4/XB1 - should there be new accounts needed and all the money is lost?

I think, wargames should think about this...

Thanks, moppi :)

EamonnanChnoic #9 Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 58569 battles

It would be very wise of Wargaming to give players with established accounts some sort of accommodation when switching consoles.

Especially when you are talking about people not spending any more money once they switch because you won't give them an accommodation.

It's not like you have to do anything. Just give them some free gold. Give them a cookie to make them feel better and they will spend more money on you.

Or, give them nothing and they won't spend any more money on you.

The wise move seems obvious.

PS4 (current) Xbox (retired)

I love Light Tanks

SAVAGEBUNNYMAN #10 Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:52 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3717 battles
  • [CRMNL]
^ this guy is right

Sovietdeath #11 Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:06 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles

View PostEamonnanChnoic, on 20 June 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

It would be very wise of Wargaming to give players with established accounts some sort of accommodation when switching consoles.

Especially when you are talking about people not spending any more money once they switch because you won't give them an accommodation.

It's not like you have to do anything. Just give them some free gold. Give them a cookie to make them feel better and they will spend more money on you.

Or, give them nothing and they won't spend any more money on you.

The wise move seems obvious.

It would be except that's not up to WG, Sony & MS hold back the ability to do this because they want thier cut

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users