• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

emperordennis #1 Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:29 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]
Goodday ladies and gentlemen,

Some of you may know, and other may not know, but I managed to extract all the data on the WoT Encyclopedia to Excel Sheets and also found some hidden stats!

These sheets allow me to do analysis of the different types of stats much faster than when I would have to manually enter all the data.

So to celebrate this I am planning to start a new series: "Analysis".

In this series I will try to make graphs of different stats for you to see and discuss.

This first week is Mediums shooting at Heavies (as requested by SlipperBat). The graphs I have prepared for you today are the Time to Kill (TTK) and Shots to Kill (STK). This is done both including premiums and excluding premiums. I did this to make the influence that crazy tanks like the Spectre or the TOG have on the data as clear as possible.

So without further delay, here is the data:

Time to Kill
Shots to Kill

The results:

• Time to Kill:
    • In most cases the quadratic term of  the tier can be neglected resulting in a linear fit to the data. This means that for almost every combination (maximums, average, premiums, without premiums) has a linearly increasing TTK. The Time to Kill seems to go up a "Fixed Amount" for each tier you go up.
    • The Time to Kill goes up for every scenario. The best fit is Averagy Heavy Health divided by Average Medium DPM. This results in an increase of 5.99 seconds in TTK per tier.
    • The effect of the KV5 at tier 8, the Spectre at tier 6 and the TOG at tier 6 are all very noticable pulling the datapoints up (high health KV5 and TOG) or down (high DPM Spectre). For this very reason the graphs without premium were included
  • Shots to Kill:
    • When excluding premiums there is a large jump in Average Heavy Health/ Average Medium DPM between tiers 5 and 6. The STK go from roughly 4.7 to 6.1. The STK then stays around 6 for higher tiers
    • STK does not go up for ever combination. Sometimes it goes up, but it drop again at higher tiers.
    • There seems to be little correlation between tier and STK. All combinations of premium/without premiums, average/max DPM, average/max Health seem to have no clear relation to each other.

So what do you think?

Do you like this idea? What do you want to see more/less? What wasn't clear? All feedback is welcome :)

If you liked the idea, what kind of Analysis would you like to see next? If you need inspiration you can follow the link at the bottom of this post to all the data. You can make it as complicated as "How many mediums can penetrate a heavies armor for each tier" to as simple as "Show me how package cost increases across tiers".

On a final note, Does anyone know a good site to host multiple pictures at once? Sites like Tinypic take ages to do for this many pictures.

All data can be found in this thread: http://forum-console...dated-22-05-16/

View PostSlipperyBat3354, on 09 May 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

I've often wondered this.  Have you done a similar analysis of Mediums shooting Heavies or TD's shooting Mediums?

Not that proud #2 Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17494 battles

I like that a lot, actually, since I've been wondering what the underlying logic was for alpha. Most guns of the same caliber have the same alpha, though not all, see the Chinese 85 mm guns, for example. So, the question in my mind was "is alpha determined by the number of shots required to kill a tank in some way?" The idea could be that given the health per tier, it should take X number of shots to kill a tank, and this would be consistent across tiers in order to keep games within the 15 min time limit.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying it is much more dependent on DPM and alpha is a secondary consideration if it is one at all. I appreciate that sort of analysis. May not be useful in how I play the game, but it's interesting to me.

If there is any way you can figure out why a 120 mm gun gets 400 alpha and a 105 gets 390, while a 100 mm gets 320 at tier 9 and 10, I would like to know that. 

Thanks!

emperordennis #3 Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]

View PostNot that proud, on 24 May 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

I like that a lot, actually, since I've been wondering what the underlying logic was for alpha. Most guns of the same caliber have the same alpha, though not all, see the Chinese 85 mm guns, for example. So, the question in my mind was "is alpha determined by the number of shots required to kill a tank in some way?" The idea could be that given the health per tier, it should take X number of shots to kill a tank, and this would be consistent across tiers in order to keep games within the 15 min time limit.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying it is much more dependent on DPM and alpha is a secondary consideration if it is one at all. I appreciate that sort of analysis. May not be useful in how I play the game, but it's interesting to me.

Thanks!

And by "is alpha determined by the number of shots required to kill a tank in some way?" do you mean the overall health pool, or the health pool of a certain type of tank?

And yes, it seems to depend much more on DPM, atleast there is some correlation. The STK sometimes hangs around a certain value for some combinations, but for other combinations it jumps wildly so there is no real correlation.

Very good guide: Beta582's Guide to Everything

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

Shawnito86 #4 Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6587 battles

I did a similar analysis of Hitpoints for all vehicles at all tiers and looked at the trends through the tiers for each class as compared to the overall average at each tier. Then I made a bunch of pretty graphs to showcase the results. The spreadsheet can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oIQJHvUd0S39wm_ckckxernEFJeUDpzXbrxCkiaH9ko/edit?usp=sharing

The primary trend I noticed (which had been pointed out to me before and which is the main reason I analyzed it so in depth), is the drastic increase in TD hitpoints as compared to the tier average as you get closer to Tier X. This is just another reason, in my opinion, that Tier X tank destroyers are unbalanced. The average HP for Tier V TDs is about 75% of the average HP for all Tier V tanks (excluding SPGs), and the average HP for Tier V Heavies is over 135% of that overall average. At Tier X, these averages change to 95% and 115% respectively, and would be even closer if not for the outlier meat shield Heavies (I'm looking at you Maus). The average HP for all TDs is lower than that of mediums in all tiers EXCEPT Tier X, where TDs, on average, have higher HP than Mediums. Note that the lack of Lights at Tiers IX-X does affect these averages, but not by much, as the trend starts at Tier VII.

Let me know what you think. 

Edited by Shawnito86, 26 May 2016 - 06:14 PM.

I'm looking for people with whom to platoon! I play 360 on NA West Mostly.

If you want to platoon, send me an invite, or let me know and I'll send one.

emperordennis #5 Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16368 battles
  • [THE]

View PostShawnito86, on 24 May 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

I did a similar analysis of Hitpoints for all vehicles at all tiers and looked at the trends through the tiers for each class as compared to the overall average at each tier. Then I made a bunch of pretty graphs to showcase the results. The spreadsheet can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oIQJHvUd0S39wm_ckckxernEFJeUDpzXbrxCkiaH9ko/edit?usp=sharing

The primary trend I noticed (which had been pointed out to me before and which is the main reason I analyzed it so in depth), is the drastic increase in TD hitpoints as compared to the tier average as you get closer to Tier X. This is just another reason, in my opinion, that Tier X tank destroyers are unbalanced. The average HP for Tier V TDs is about 75% of the average HP for all Tier V tanks (excluding SPGs), and the average HP for Tier V Heavies is over 135% of that overall average. At Tier X, these averages change to 95% and 115% respectively, and would be even closer if not for the outlier meat shield Heavies (I'm looking at you Maus). The average HP for all TDs is lower than that of mediums in all tiers EXCEPT Tier X, where TDs, on average, have higher HP than Mediums. Note that the lack of Lights at Tiers IV-X does affect these averages, but not by much, as the trend starts at Tier VII.

Let me know what you think. 

Looks very interesting. But I also wonder how the lights affect the overall result if there were any at the higher tiers. For true heavy reading you can only look tier 5 and up like you did. 

However,  yes tier 10 tds also have a lot of health on top of everything else making them...  Better than average...  *cough* OP *cough*. 

Very good guide: Beta582's Guide to Everything

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

twistedtechmike #6 Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7450 battles
  • [-OFF-]
Ive been saying for awhile now, all the high tier TDs need is a HP nerf to balance. Thats why they work so well at the lower tiers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users