• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Mauser1426 #1 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14378 battles
  • [ZETA]

Hello all!

I'm writing this post as I've hit a point where this has happened so frequently it's now 'a thing' and I wanted your opinions on the matter.

So, let's get straight into the meat of it - does it matter, annoy you or humor you when you beat a player. More specifically - you destroy their tank AND they then send you a message that usually reads something along the lines of "Reported cheater".

Today I found myself in that rare occasion as the sole top tier tank in a game, I was in the newly unlocked Motherland (I like it and have been doing rather well in it) and it was a tier six and seven game. I, and I alone, was the ONLY tier eight tank on my team (the enemy had something I can't remember, didn't ruin into him/her). It was on Pearl River and I thought "Great, I'll head the West long high road, bounce and beat my way through the reds and flank straight into the enemy base". I then proceeded to rush of, leaving any tactical position and support because I 'knew' my 120mm of sloped armour would almost certainly be all the help I needed and I wanted to do as much bullying and damage as I could do before my 'help' arrived and we hopefully won!

Unfortunately, the enemy team didn't get that memo and went through the East and center avenues of the map (fortunately my team held their own and then beat them back and won by the time I had driven all the way around the map). However, I did run into one alone KV3, whom fired three shots, bounced all of them off my upper angled AND sloped glacis and then died at the hands of myself (and I think one shot from a green IS).

No sooner had I driven past his burnt wreck did a message from him come through "Reported cheater".

Now, I'm not stupid or forgetful, I remember when I was bad, I remember when I was new and I remember shouting at the screen and getting angry when the 105mm shells from my Pz IV kept bouncing off everything and getting so mad when other players would shoot at me even though I wasn't "detected"....

Yeah, I was a REAL bad amateur once - but everyone is! I'm not saying I'm a great player either, I personally think I'm good - you can look up all my stats and judge for yourself, but I think I do well and am pleased with 'most' of my performances. 

But, my frustration comes when I think of two things; the first is when I was still learning the game I only got angry with myself and around myself, I never reported, messaged or gave abuse at other players because I didn't understand or succeed at the game. Secondly is, when I obviously messaged him back (it was a him, he sent me various voice messages), he never gave a reason for my 'cheating' other than the "way I was playing" and that premiums "see further and hit harder" (clearly he's never seen Russian view ranges, am I right?).

None of this bothered me, in fact as soon as it began I jumped straight on it and began digging at his logic and if I'm honest, acted a little provoking (nothing harsh or hostile, just immature sarcasm). But after I got over finding it funny (and laughing) and having the last word I started to think, and I started to get annoyed. Because how many players out there could have reported me without bragging to me simply because I out played them? Or 'stole there kill'? 

Because I've certainly had a fair few players voice there opinions of my 'cheating' or 'hacks' at me before. How many silent ones have done the same?

So my question is to you tankers, who understands or has something to say on this matter?

Who thinks I'm wrong/right? Is there some way around this, like players having to actually write a description of the 'cheating' that is more than one line long and doesn't read: "He beat me".

Thank you for your time in ready though, happy hunting out there!

M.

Edited by Mauser1426, 14 June 2016 - 04:30 PM.

Joco3000 #2 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24702 battles
  • [JOCO]
This is very easy to understand.
If anyone does better than you, they have to be hacking or cheating. Yes, even if they need landing lights and written instructions to use a toilet.

Conversely, anyone who does worse than you is a complete scrub, and should sell the device that they are playing on.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Mauser1426 #3 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14378 battles
  • [ZETA]

View PostJoco3000, on 14 June 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

This is very easy to understand.
If anyone does better than you, they have to be hacking or cheating. Yes, even if they need landing lights and written instructions to use a toilet.

Conversely, anyone who does worse than you is a complete scrub, and should sell the device that they are playing on.

Mmmm, this really is it isn't it? The biggest problem with multiplayer gaming - the multi'PLAYER' part 

:sceptic:

Ghost Sniper33 #4 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 2261 battles

Lots of entitlement kids out there that can't do wrong,  and if they're not the best someone must be cheating to be better.

thats how Bernie has as may supporters as he does

Unkempt #5 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18339 battles
  • [SRT]
Generation snowflake comes to mind. Everyone gets a ribbon remember?

YouTube

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"

Mauser1426 #6 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14378 battles
  • [ZETA]

Ahh, this is what I needed, that's the support I was hoping for :teethhappy:

Thank you!

vexfish #7 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16719 battles
Calm. Accept the truth, some guys are ego. I used to be angry with stupid greens. Now I am fine that some one may have bad games, even myself. The only thing made me angry is a small amount of guy who ruin the game by killing teammates or push me out of cover by intention, and I cannot report them or record the evidence to post it here. 

Twiztid Bowels #8 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37143 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostGhost Sniper33, on 14 June 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

Lots of entitlement kids out there that can't do wrong,  and if they're not the best someone must be cheating to be better.

thats how Bernie has as may supporters as he does

:teethhappy::great:

corran2 #9 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21256 battles
just send back "thank you for the compliment ... i did play well.:great:"

ArkusTheOne #10 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10866 battles

I got a 'Hacker' message once... I for the life of me could not figure out why either... :mellow:

Really is a matter of "They could never have beaten me fair and square so, Hakz0r5!!!"

Only thing to do is keep tanking.

Garage

ChrisD101 #11 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:26 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7413 battles
What do you mean. Whatever tanks I'm in it should pen you frontally. If it doesn't you've clearly hacked the game.....

I think a lot of people don't really read the stats of their own tank let alone know the stats of other tanks.

Mauser1426 #12 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14378 battles
  • [ZETA]

View PostChrisD101, on 14 June 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

What do you mean. Whatever tanks I'm in it should pen you frontally. If it doesn't you've clearly hacked the game.....

I think a lot of people don't really read the stats of their own tank let alone know the stats of other tanks.

Yeah I know, but it was rather disheartening when I found out this guy had played nearly 7000 games, I mean at that level I certainly wasn't liking my bedroom windows closed at night... :(

Communist Hero #13 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9075 battles

If they do worse than me- Noob

they do a little better than me- no life 

they do a lot better than me- cheater- report them for everything. AHHHHHHHHH

(disclaimer: don't actually believe that)

Spoiler

killer etzi0 #14 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 50346 battles
  • [47R]

Noobs attempting to understand this game:

:P                                                                             :hiding:

Edited by killer etzi0, 14 June 2016 - 05:29 PM.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

Zulu Calm #15 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

He's just a tool. Delete and block or rag him for fun if you're feeling wicked. :)

Edited by Zulu Calm, 14 June 2016 - 05:33 PM.

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

Unkempt #16 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18339 battles
  • [SRT]

On the PS4, we have the ability to block all incoming messages.

"Receive Messages" = "Friends Only"

Best. Setting. Ever.  (Aside from party chat).

YouTube

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"

Not that proud #17 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17494 battles
I have only been called a hacker once. :( I guess I need to get good. When it happened, though, I asked the guy what he meant and he said that I shouldn't be able to track him and damage him at the same time. I had, of course, been firing through his front drive wheel from his flank. I explained that to him and he admitted that he was just frustrated. It wasn't a bad interaction at the end of the day.

On a related note, a couple weeks ago, I got on chat to inform some people charging up the valley on Lakeville that they were making a strategic error. One guy started arguing with me. Eventually, I said, ok, I don't want to argue with you and I explained that on Lakeville, the team that wins the town usually wins the game because they have freedom of movement that allows them to either take the enemy base, destroy the enemy in the valley, or protect their own cap. (Incidentally, he actually said the reason he went up the valley was because it was the shortest route to the red cap. I thought that was an interesting window into his thought process.).

Anyway, point of the story is that it occurred to me that I could have offered to platoon with the guy and teach him some stuff. I think I'm going to try that next time.

MisSiNg PaRtZ #18 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:59 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 27433 battles
  • [-1]

View PostMauser1426, on 14 June 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

Yeah I know, but it was rather disheartening when I found out this guy had played nearly 7000 games, I mean at that level I certainly wasn't liking my bedroom windows closed at night... :(

If your not getting 5hit mail then your not doing it right. Haters going to hate. I got reported by a guy streaming today because I shot his tier 10 TD with gold lol. Im a f***g loser he called me. ​I found this whole thing funny because he carries 11 premos in his Obj 268 so I guess its ok for everyone else to use them agianst me , but im trash for using them back? I give up on this unritten code of honor where people hate you for using them because its taboo.Im watching more good players stream & I know when to use them.  I don't believe in kill stealing either, a bullet from a foe with 40 hitpionts is just as deadly as one with full health?

Im getting close to turning off my messages so only friends can talk to me.

XBattleAxeX #19 Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 37337 battles
  • [OFF]
I got reported for cheating recently...apparently there is no way that my Tiger had enough depression to hit the guy were he was so.... I had obviously modded the tank...I laughed...and offered to sell him the mod...

"QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI"

Section47ABH #20 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12126 battles

Only had it once.  Apparently lobbing shells into obvious camper cover on the off-chance is cheating.  Who knew?

Terranis Holds.  FOR THE EMPEROR!

Also tagged with cheating, messages, hate mail, cheater

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users