Major

• Players
  • 27126 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostFh1re, on 14 June 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

There is no way to cheat on console

Did you.... even read it... ?

Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

pr0fit0fcanabis #23 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38772 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 14 June 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

This is very easy to understand.
If anyone does better than you, they have to be hacking or cheating. Yes, even if they need landing lights and written instructions to use a toilet.

Conversely, anyone who does worse than you is a complete scrub, and should sell the device that they are playing on.

Feel good fuzzy liberal are you Joco?   Scrubs are supposed to be rounded up, detained, used for slave labor and disposed of. 

TocFanKe4 #24 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18569 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Being called a hacker is one of the greatest compliments you can get. You beat his stank so bad that you induced cognitive dissonance to the point he thinks you could only be that good by warping the game in your favor.

Till the Servers fall apart and burn

Fh1re #25 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2988 battles

View PostNightOfDeaths, on 14 June 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

Did you.... even read it... ?

...yes.... I......did.....

NightOfDeaths #26 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27126 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostFh1re, on 14 June 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

...yes.... I......did.....

So..... wut was the point in writing dat? He said he was called a cheater. He didn't accuse anyone, and probably knows that you can't cheat on console. :p

Just wondering. 

Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

Fh1re #27 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2988 battles

View PostNightOfDeaths, on 14 June 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

So..... wut was the point in writing dat? He said he was called a cheater. He didn't accuse anyone, and probably knows that you can't cheat on console. :p

Just wondering. 

he was called a cheater when its impossible to cheat.  That was my simple point......................

NightOfDeaths #28 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27126 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostFh1re, on 14 June 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

he was called a cheater when its impossible to cheat.  That was my simple point......................

He knows it's impossible to cheat... that's my point. :p

Screw my elders!!!!

2 & 3 MoEs

SHOGUN08SS #29 Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23938 battles
  • [DHO]
I was called a hacker AND cheater, all in one message lol!  I guess my Jagdpanzer E100 was too fast and had a "transport mod" because I should never have been able to set up on his is7 ,  set him on fire and kill him in one shot before he could circle me.  Giving up your side to a Jagdpanzer E100 is just, well....:facepalm:, lol 

teflon skull #30 Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4714 battles

View PostGhost Sniper33, on 14 June 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

Lots of entitlement kids out there that can't do wrong,  and if they're not the best someone must be cheating to be better.

thats how Bernie has as may supporters as he does

Bernie is a naive dreamer who needs an economics advisor.

Trump is a lying racist who should be brought up on fraud charges.

Hillary is a lying corporate shill who should be indicted for laughing in the face of government security policies.

We don't get to vote for people we want, only the one who will do the least damage.  But, politics has nothing to do with this discussion.

To the topic.  I got accused of cheating once in a PM.  Guy said he would be putting video proof of it online on a channel for such things.  I asked how I cheated.  No reply.  I asked him for a link to the video.  No reply.  Found his Youtube profile.  Never found any videos of me.  I wanted to point out how horrible my stats were, but it seemed pointless.  If I were cheating, I'd at least have better stats even if I still played like crap.

Some of this comes down to the attitudes of people today as already discussed.  The rest is because of the game.  If you never read up on the game and only went off information given to you in game, a lot would look like magic.  Now, toss in lag/sever model to client model desync and you have more magic.  Combine the two and ....well...yeah.

Pit Friend #31 Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29163 battles
  • [PTATO]

OP, the thing is people that accuse people that beat them in a game of cheating lead sad, sheltered lives and are woefully lacking in how the world is. So when I get a message like that I send them a helpful bit of trivia to hopefully impart some of my hard won knowledge with them. Trivia bits the game doesn't tell you such as:

The cheese is old and moldy. 

Hide under a heavy object such as a refrigerator. 

Birds can't pee. 

Buy lots of stamps. 

I snort the nose! Lucifer! Banana! Banana!

hey, I never said it was USEFUL information I imparted to them. They never respond either, I wonder why. :trollface:

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

ITz Sam C 97 #32 Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13063 battles
  • [TR-]
I had a GW panther send me a message saying "reported" today in my motherland too :teethhappy:

LOSTVENGENCE96 #33 Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20964 battles

View PostFh1re, on 14 June 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

:facepalm:

LeftTurnus #34 Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22910 battles

People claiming cheating in this game usually come from a CoD type environment where there is actual cheating.

They don't understand that everything being server side prevents pretty much all cheating as far as consoles go. It's one of the things I really like about the game. I dealt with a fair share of cheats in BF4 and Destiny.

I really had to laugh last night hearing some dude crying about people using "Lag Switches".

He wasn't smart enough to realize his internet was to blame. Use a lag switch here and you only hurt yourself Lol.

Tempest fox3 #35 Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:22 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18058 battles

View PostMauser1426, on 14 June 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

Mmmm, this really is it isn't it? The biggest problem with multiplayer gaming - the multi'PLAYER' part 

:sceptic:

The "player" part is fine I like playing games. It's the "Multi" I have issues with. It implies I should play with other people. I don't like doing that. It means I have to rely on them to do something useful to win. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Mauser1426 #36 Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14378 battles
  • [ZETA]

View PostMauser1426, on 14 June 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

Hello all!

I'm writing this post as I've hit a point where this has happened so frequently it's now 'a thing' and I wanted your opinions on the matter.

So, let's get straight into the meat of it - does it matter, annoy you or humor you when you beat a player. More specifically - you destroy their tank AND they then send you a message that usually reads something along the lines of "Reported cheater".

Today I found myself in that rare occasion as the sole top tier tank in a game, I was in the newly unlocked Motherland (I like it and have been doing rather well in it) and it was a tier six and seven game. I, and I alone, was the ONLY tier eight tank on my team (the enemy had something I can't remember, didn't ruin into him/her). It was on Pearl River and I thought "Great, I'll head the West long high road, bounce and beat my way through the reds and flank straight into the enemy base". I then proceeded to rush of, leaving any tactical position and support because I 'knew' my 120mm of sloped armour would almost certainly be all the help I needed and I wanted to do as much bullying and damage as I could do before my 'help' arrived and we hopefully won!

Unfortunately, the enemy team didn't get that memo and went through the East and center avenues of the map (fortunately my team held their own and then beat them back and won by the time I had driven all the way around the map). However, I did run into one alone KV3, whom fired three shots, bounced all of them off my upper angled AND sloped glacis and then died at the hands of myself (and I think one shot from a green IS).

No sooner had I driven past his burnt wreck did a message from him come through "Reported cheater".

Now, I'm not stupid or forgetful, I remember when I was bad, I remember when I was new and I remember shouting at the screen and getting angry when the 105mm shells from my Pz IV kept bouncing off everything and getting so mad when other players would shoot at me even though I wasn't "detected"....

Yeah, I was a REAL bad amateur once - but everyone is! I'm not saying I'm a great player either, I personally think I'm good - you can look up all my stats and judge for yourself, but I think I do well and am pleased with 'most' of my performances. 

But, my frustration comes when I think of two things; the first is when I was still learning the game I only got angry with myself and around myself, I never reported, messaged or gave abuse at other players because I didn't understand or succeed at the game. Secondly is, when I obviously messaged him back (it was a him, he sent me various voice messages), he never gave a reason for my 'cheating' other than the "way I was playing" and that premiums "see further and hit harder" (clearly he's never seen Russian view ranges, am I right?).

None of this bothered me, in fact as soon as it began I jumped straight on it and began digging at his logic and if I'm honest, acted a little provoking (nothing harsh or hostile, just immature sarcasm). But after I got over finding it funny (and laughing) and having the last word I started to think, and I started to get annoyed. Because how many players out there could have reported me without bragging to me simply because I out played them? Or 'stole there kill'? 

Because I've certainly had a fair few players voice there opinions of my 'cheating' or 'hacks' at me before. How many silent ones have done the same?

So my question is to you tankers, who understands or has something to say on this matter?

Who thinks I'm wrong/right? Is there some way around this, like players having to actually write a description of the 'cheating' that is more than one line long and doesn't read: "He beat me".

Thank you for your time in ready though, happy hunting out there!

M.

Turns out this guy really made a time of it, I as lucky enough to stumble across another tanker who has had the pleasure of him - I cannot believe it's him AND he was in the same tank :teethhappy: 

What a wonderful time to be alive!

http://forum-console...ceived/#topmost

M.

aidenwolf #37 Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15395 battles

View PostGhost Sniper33, on 14 June 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

Lots of entitlement kids out there that can't do wrong,  and if they're not the best someone must be cheating to be better.

thats how Bernie has as may supporters as he does

And Trump

FromBravo2Kilo #38 Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17066 battles
  • [47R]
Was in a match yesterday (Tier II - IV [only two Tier IVs per side]).  Someone call out cheater to a red Matilda.  It was impressive with the 11 kills the Matilda had (I had 5 in my T-28) but, in the end he was destroyed by a flanking TD and they still lost.  No matter how I tried to reason with the person about the op nature of the Matilda in the match, he didn't want to hear it.

Ghost Sniper33 #39 Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 2261 battles

There has only been once That I could see where someone was coming from with the cheating call. Had someone calling out a red that was bouncing around - almost  teleporting around. I was trying to track him and then he was gone - and then showed up behind me in the water on Fjords.

I sent him a message saying something like - holy jeeze man how did to get back there.   

He replied some time over the night when i got off  with "I have no idea, i kept lagging out of the game what happened?"

I think Lag/disconnected can cause issues like any other game that can give the impression of hacking -  only seen it once, but i guess its possible

Mauser1426 #40 Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14378 battles
  • [ZETA]

View PostGhost Sniper33, on 15 June 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

There has only been once That I could see where someone was coming from with the cheating call. Had someone calling out a red that was bouncing around - almost  teleporting around. I was trying to track him and then he was gone - and then showed up behind me in the water on Fjords.

I sent him a message saying something like - holy jeeze man how did to get back there.   

He replied some time over the night when i got off  with "I have no idea, i kept lagging out of the game what happened?"

I think Lag/disconnected can cause issues like any other game that can give the impression of hacking -  only seen it once, but i guess its possible

Yeah I mean there's things like that, but I've yet to know of a way one can 'hack' their tanks to manipulate them. It really is so ignorant of people who think this, I think that's what got me so bothered about players like this guy - they're so ignorant, they're are literally 0 ways one can cheat in WOT on the console and yet, of course we all must be!

M.

Also tagged with cheating, messages, hate mail, cheater

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users