Check out The Bunker : http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

Super Unicum Elitist Retired from WoTC - 10/27/2013 to 10/27/2017

Ruthless4u #102 Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11561 battles
  • [SKREB]

View Postleova, on 02 July 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

people need to stop suggesting garbage like this, its a selffulfilling prophecy that must makes it worse for everyone

camping is never the solution, can't believe he suggested it.

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

Please donate to Aperts international 

http://www.apert-international.org

Cpt Mendoza #103 Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13511 battles

View PostElite Corsair, on 30 June 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

Not a fan of the new maps myself. I think it encourages way too much camping.  I've played blizzard map twice today.  First time was solo and got killed by a TD over 550m away but nobody could spot him.  Second time I was in a platoon where we got shocked by 3 E-100s, a E5 and a Deathstar in a platoon that we couldn't see until they were right on top of us. Thankfully we had more campers than they had attackers and we were able to fend them off.

Maps like that should encourage aggressive behavior (since you can move about far more freely) but since most people tend to camp anyways it's wasted. Yesterday only 3 people including me and my friend moved out of the base while all 12 others sat within 200 meters of the flag. We somehow still won but it was frustrating as [edited]. 

Elevate your game with The Thirty-Six Stratagems and a useful PSA for Autoloaders
Think Smoke would be a neat addition to the game? Smoke Thread

Like Heavy Metal? Take a look at Mandozer's Metal Music Machine
Check out my guitar covers of Metallica's Fade to Black and Master of Puppets.
And here's my imgur where I sometimes post pictures of stuff.

noUPss #104 Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27785 battles

View PostRuthless4u, on 02 July 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

camping is never the solution, can't believe he suggested it.

That's right.

Comfort zone was moved from the habits of initiative. In both maps, players must be creative, otherwise incur failure. I think that it is the fear of the unknown and the need to explore new skills makes difficulties of many players. I can speak only for myself, but every time I play a tank like M48 Patton, IS-7, T-62A or E4 I realize the fact that it is enough to understand and perceive the situation. Through this situation I understand creating events rather than waiting for them. Video games online have an impact on intellectual stagnation. If someone does not not see is probably influenced by this. My point is, adapt to new things if they are correct, and do not reject them by definition. These maps are forcing players to change bad habits. I hope more of such diversity (no exaggeration WG) appeared in this game.

Edited by No Not Yet Baby, 02 July 2016 - 10:34 PM.

Lord Quixote #105 Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12611 battles
  • [LV]

View Postshinigamiofdoom, on 02 July 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

It's probably important to point out that you're both unicum so you're already the top ~5% of the community and you were both top tier. Also of note, your tank destroyer did the most damage in the game. You're good at this game so I'd trust you to be able to overcome most opposition and make the correct decisions in a given situation.

Unicums do well in most situations, and again, here is a TD benefiting from the enemy not being able to spot him

Spoiler

I can do well in these maps too, I follow my own advice and it pays dividends. I still think reducing the view range is a horrible decision that encourages people to sit and do nothing. Even if you do well against an entire team of campers like i did, you still have to recognize that the greater issue is that there was still an entire team of campers to begin with.

We both spent the entire game spotted and being fired on from different angles. The enemy did not camp, they pushed straight down the east side of the map and wiped our team out. At one point we were losing by five tanks. 

Putting players into unfamiliar situations is the only way they'll ever learn and get better. Any monkey can roll to his favorite spot and shoot. If an entire team camps they deserve to lose. 

Edited by Lord Quixote, 02 July 2016 - 10:39 PM.

come and get them

shinigamiofdoom #106 Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18917 battles
  • [VSP]

View PostLord Quixote, on 02 July 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

I love how every discussion on here eventually devolves into whining about tank destroyers, usually the Waffle or Death Star. It's like our own asinine version of Goodwin's Law. 

I think the new hazard maps are great. I don't mind a different meta because I'm intelligent enough to adapt. We should have more gametypes that test a player's ability to think on the fly, rather than the usual camp/rush to the best spot garbage we have now. 

This was my first game on a hazard map, Assault at Blizzard Erlenberg. We pushed the entire game and eliminated most of the enemy team at short range. We did our own spotting the entire way because the scouts were useless (as usual):

see

View PostAschenblume, on 02 July 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

I can say easily that camping on these maps are an even more effective approach. Sat on a hill and merked 2 tier ten heavies and didnt get spotted once. 

As it happens, the very super unicum that took top of the game in your own example photo suggests camping is the way to farm our precious purple points. As it happens, I agree.

Not that proud #107 Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17494 battles

View PostVolier_Zcit, on 02 July 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

Are you guys going to have the same discussion again? I believe the topic is about the new map, not your personal issues with each other. Let's stick to the topic, shall we? I've already removed unnecessary posts. Thanks.

Haha

Lord Quixote #108 Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:42 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12611 battles
  • [LV]

View Postshinigamiofdoom, on 02 July 2016 - 11:06 PM, said:

see

As it happens, the very super unicum that took top of the game in your own example photo suggests camping is the way to farm our precious purple points. As it happens, I agree.

Well we did the opposite of camp, and it would have been a disaster if we had because it was assault. Wiping out the enemy team  farming. 
come and get them

HighbornShihtzu #109 Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24610 battles

I like them due to if forces players to quit tunnel visioning playstyle.  Moreover, skills/perks that are only useful at low tiers (like radio man ones) are viable.  

I have only seen sand 1x and blizzard 7x and the only campers where people in premium tanks trying to game the AFK system.  I will say this type of player will go unnoticed longer.

Active scouting, from my limited exp. of these maps, is not a riverboat gamble of a constant suicide threat - particularly in a t-10 heavy match.  Moreover, lights that are the active/sniper/hybrid roles are not a waste of a match slot; mediums from my exp. that try to 'do' everything are punished hard.  TD camo rating stationary is the only 'issue' that I see - but again a look at the team list and having an idea of where TDx vs TDx1 will be can lessen the impact of surprises.  

Careful does not mean camping (arrrrrr), and that is how these maps should be played - carefully.

SpartanFire71 #110 Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23814 battles
I like the new storms.  They bring in something different.  Haven't figured out how much the vision is affected as I only played 1 sand storm and 1 blizard.

There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

Manitoba 01 #111 Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 42736 battles
  • [RATIO]
Just played Steppes with sandstorm. Atmospheric and fun.

Darkgift #112 Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13865 battles
  • [BNKR]
I've played both of the new weather maps, and enjoyed them both quite alot..

Dark

Thanks go to Violet Viper X for the sig!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users