Jump to content


The British Invasion


  • Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

    Major

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 4,372
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013
With this weekend's event, we’re celebrating the arrival of the coveted British line in style!

Full news text

ARRothe #2 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 6004 battles
  • 2,078
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
Ironic... it's an event celebrating British tanks.... yet the event times for the bonus are really not suitable for British players. 11pm -2 am ..... -sighs-.... I better buy in more coffee :P.
"A battle is, in effect, a contest between two wills - your own and that of the enemy general." - Bernard Montgomery
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Skelbonic Twitch name is WoT_ARRothe, look out for me during livestreams :)


LadyObscura WGA #3 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

    Publishing Associate - Console

  • Administrator
  • 1332 battles
  • 6,124
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013

This part:

Between the hours of 15:00 and 18:00 PST on Saturday (23:00 and 02:00 GMT):

Bonus Event

The top 25 players achieving the highest amount of experience in a single battle (premium/daily modifiers do not apply) with a British tier V and up vehicle will earn 2,500 Beta Gold30 Days of Beta Premium Time500,000 Silver and our kudos!

Additionally, play 10 battles between the hours listed above and you'll earn one week of Premium time after launch!

 

 

Hope to see you there en masse, looking forward to finding out who the winners will be!  Side note, the winners will be determined after the event;  I will put the list up on the forum and the payouts will be done manually, so there will be a delay in getting your prizes.

 

Hope you've also noticed that this is an OPEN BETA weekend!  If you have friends that have not had the chance to join, now's the time to get them in!!!



MaxChaos24 #4 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 8414 battles
  • 11,837
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013
Will there be a list to show who the Top 25 players were?

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

How to Flank E3's with an E5: https://www.twitch.tv/maxchaos24/v/67982271


SteelSentinel78 #5 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 6879 battles
  • 3,095
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013
So does the 10 battles for a free week of premium and other bonuses apply to all vehicles or just British ones?


 

Formerly ComradeKomandir

Curse You Weatherby Saving and Loan! I spit at you!

 


LadyObscura WGA #6 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

    Publishing Associate - Console

  • Administrator
  • 1332 battles
  • 6,124
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 December 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Will there be a list to show who the Top 25 players were?

 

There will be a list on the forum, put up after the event.

 

View PostComradePutin666, on 12 December 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

So does the 10 battles for a free week of premium and other bonuses apply to all vehicles or just British ones?

 

10 battles in any tank!



DieHardELOFan86 #7 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 8973 battles
  • 4,054
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

modifiers does that mean gun rammers or anything else with belong in that category with gun rammer?

 

Because I am using gun rammer on my Churchill tier five.


Edited by DieHardELOFan86, 12 December 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Signature by METALHELLIONx84, ELO ROCKS !!! thanks METALHELLIONx84 from DieHardELOFan86

 

Note to all: Do NOT upvote me I am serious... I hate being upvoted if you don't stop I will put all of you on ignore list I AM SERIOUS! (wish downvotes would come back I prefer that.)


Nyx WGA #8 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

    Lead Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 702 battles
  • 1,514
  • Member since:
    10-29-2013

The beta will be open again! That's right guys and gals! Starting a 2am Pacific on Dec 13 (10am GMT), anyone can download the game and start playing. We have heard your concerns that their are too few players in some tiers so we decided to open it up one more time. It will close again at midnight Pacific on Sunday (8am Monday GMT) so be sure to tell all of your friends.

 

We're also having a super special bonus event on Saturday! Play 10 battles from 3pm-6pm Saturday, December 14 and you will earn yourself one week of premium time, gifted to your account at launch! Be sure to click the link because we have a TON of stuff planned!



Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @WoTXbox
Follow me on Twitter: @GamerGirlNyx


LadyObscura WGA #9 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

    Publishing Associate - Console

  • Administrator
  • 1332 battles
  • 6,124
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013

View PostDieHardELOFan86, on 12 December 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

modifiers does that mean gun rammers or anything else with belong in that category with gun rammer?

 

Because I am using gun rammer on my Churchill tier five.

 

Modifiers refer to the daily bonus modifiers (5X for the first victory of the day or crew xp modifiers).



SteelSentinel78 #10 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 6879 battles
  • 3,095
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 12 December 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

 

There will be a list on the forum, put up after the event.

 

 

10 battles in any tank!

Awesome! Can't wait.



 

Formerly ComradeKomandir

Curse You Weatherby Saving and Loan! I spit at you!

 


Jet Army #11 Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 22355 battles
  • 1,735
  • [STEIN]
  • Member since:
    08-07-2013
Really fun event I better start on my British tech tree.

dI Atticus Ib #12 Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 6554 battles
  • 2,656
  • Member since:
    08-24-2013
Try Hard pants on.....LETS DO THIS!!!!

 

Bad players go where they want. Good players go where they are needed!

 


nyarlathotep22 #13 Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 337 battles
  • 644
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostNyx WGA, on 12 December 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

The beta will be open again! That's right guys and gals! Starting a 2am Pacific on Dec 13 (10am GMT), anyone can download the game and start playing. We have heard your concerns that their are too few players in some tiers so we decided to open it up one more time. It will close again at midnight Pacific on Sunday (8am Monday GMT) so be sure to tell all of your friends.

 

We're also having a super special bonus event on Saturday! Play 10 battles from 3pm-6pm Saturday, December 14 and you will earn yourself one week of premium time, gifted to your account at launch! Be sure to click the link because we have a TON of stuff planned!

Can you please translate the time for the10 battle bonus of a week of premium to eastern standard time. I'm dislexic and stuff like that boggles me. Thanks.



LadyObscura WGA #14 Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

    Publishing Associate - Console

  • Administrator
  • 1332 battles
  • 6,124
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013

View Postnyarlathotep22, on 12 December 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Can you please translate the time for the10 battle bonus of a week of premium to eastern standard time. I'm dislexic and stuff like that boggles me. Thanks.

 

It's 6 PM to 9 PM EST... this tool comes in handy with time zone conversions:

 

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/



TMG KILLSWITCH9 #15 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 6349 battles
  • 235
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013
Cool event, thanks WGN
Captain of The Big Easy Tank Brigade

INS4N3 x B3AST #16 Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 3603 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

so will my friend who dont have a beta code be able to play?

 



Kctango #17 Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 24 battles
  • 176
  • Member since:
    10-11-2013

yes

 


"Lid Poppers"-Whiskey

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.", Guderian, 1937


LadyObscura WGA #18 Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

    Publishing Associate - Console

  • Administrator
  • 1332 battles
  • 6,124
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013

View PostINS4N3 x B3AST, on 12 December 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

so will my friend who dont have a beta code be able to play?

 

Yes, just send them a platoon invite :smile:



INS4N3 x B3AST #19 Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 3603 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

so they will always have the game then?

or just on the weekend?



LadyObscura WGA #20 Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

    Publishing Associate - Console

  • Administrator
  • 1332 battles
  • 6,124
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013

View PostINS4N3 x B3AST, on 12 December 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

so they will always have the game then?

or just on the weekend?

 

They'll be able to play for 7 days if they don't have an Xbox Live Gold membership.  If they have an Xbox Live Gold membership, they'll be able to play whenever the fancy tickles them :smile:






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users